The Believer's Judgment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Copper25

Dec 2, 2008
2Corinthians 5:8 we are of good courage, I say, and are willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be at home with the Lord.

2Corinthians 5:9 Wherefore also we make it our aim, whether at home or absent, to be well-pleasing unto him.

2Corinthians 5:10 For we must all be made manifest before the judgment-seat of Christ; that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Has anyone ever taken a moment to think about that day we stand before Christ?

The interesting thing is, when you look at life through the lens of eternity, all the way when we are to stand before Christ; it starts to become so weighted on this, No matter what we have in this life, Only those things that were done for Christ will last (for that matter, with the right motives) and everthing else will be completely burned into nothing.

If I had a business for example, ok I am making money and so forth. If I am not utilizing it for Christ, if I don't give any profit I made to God, what does it profit me when I shall stand before Christ?

If I had a great speaking voice, if not used for the glory of God, will it not be burned on that day?

James said (James 4:14) "What is your life? For you are a vapor, that appears for a little time, and then vanishes away."

There is a parable I heard

"Three men were riding on camels in the desert. They came to a stream where they could see an abundant amount of small rocks thickly layered across the bottom of the stream. Then they looked up, and a man appeared unto them and said "gather as many rocks from the stream bed as you can into you sacks and load them upon your camels." The guys all thought within themselves, "This man is telling us to gather rocks? What shall it profit us?". So because of their doubt they only filled a couple bags with rocks from the stream bed.

Before they left however, the man that appeared to them said unto the three men "Soon after you have rode off a little distance from here, you shall rejoice, but you shall be very sorrowful". The three men all looked at each other puzzled by what the man had told them. Nevertheless, they went on their way departing from the stream.

After they had traveled a half a day's by camel, they saw a sand storm coming; So they ran into a cave they saw off in the distance. While this storm continued, they noticed that the bags they filled with rocks felt heavier then at the first. So they put down the bags and opened up the bags, and behold, each rock that they had taken from the river bed had been turned into a diamond.

The three men then looked at each other and let out great sounds of rejoicing, but within moments they all were all stunned in their hearts with great sorrow; and said within themselves "Why didn't we listen to the man? Why didn't we not fill every sack, but only a few!". Thus they were happy, yet very sorrowful.

They then decided that they wanted to go back to get more rocks, but the sand storm blew the camel prints away, covering them so that the way back to the stream could not be found again."

Frankly, looking at that day when we are before Christ' judgment seat; will we be like these three men wishing they had gathered more; when we realize what we COULD HAVE, but DIDN'T do?

Every moment that passes is a moment, a fragment of time we can never get back.

The hands of time shall on progress, never backwards, never ceasing.

One life, no repeating
marching on, no receding.
but for all those believing

to the to the judgment seat of Christ.

will regret be in our hearts
When that day arises, judgment starts.

Seeing all our life unfold
what shall the eyes of Christ behold?

Hay, wood, stubble, the ashes
Gold, silver.. precious stones everlasting

The works tried, what will they be?
the fiery eyes of the Lord decree?

In Jesus name,
Daniel

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
This sounds like a lot of condemnation.

What I have done for Christ? What can I do for the God of all things?
Right motives? Perhaps those right motives to will be burn to nothing?
You speak of business, speaking voice? Your point?

What good is money from a business to God’s plan? Does God need money to accomplish His plan?

My righteousness is as filthy rags. Good or bad, Good or bad what? What can I do as a believer to add one thing to what God has already done?

What is hay, stubble and ashes spiritual speaking?
Or gold, silver or precious stones spiritual speaking?

You want to do something for Christ, learn who He truly is.

"Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord,... and then will I profess unto them, I never knew you." (Matt. 7:22-23).

Know-- the Greek word is "ginosko" meaning: to know by experience. To have an intimate understanding and knowledge of another, based upon experience with them. When you have a deep communion with one, sharing the secrets of their heart, you come to know the nature and character of a person. This is far more than merely sharing surface opinions, like "it's a nice day," or, "looks like it might rain," "let's go for a cup of coffee and chat a bit." That's not coming to KNOW a person. But when you walk with them through deep trials, share their grief and joy, and become vulnerable because you are openly exposing your inner self to them-- then you get to really know someone.

When you KNOW HIM by experience, in the intimate knowledge of His love, of His grace, of His mercy, and He reveals to you an understanding of His plan and purpose, then other people can impute to Him all sorts of strange ideas of what "God is like," with doctrines that deny Him as He truly IS, and you can simply say to them, "You do not KNOW Him! He is nothing like you say. You charge Him with false motives and gross distortions of His character."

When there is nothing in common, no intelligent appreciation for the same things, no mutual understanding of things, then we are AS FOREIGNERS, of a different breed, a species that they cannot relate to, and they will look at you, and simply say, "I don't know you." You are a stranger.

Certainly HIS NATURE is foreign to the world, and as it becomes our nature also, we are to them as "pilgrims and strangers." But, John writes, "Now are we the sons (Greek, children) of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be. It is not yet made manifest! This WHAT suggests something unspeakable, contained in the likeness of God. There are marvels in Him which are yet to be revealed, beyond all we can ask or think. "We don't know what we shall become in the future. We only know that, IF REALITY WERE TO BREAK THROUGH, we should reflect His likeness, for we should see Him as He really is!" (Phillips translation).

Ah, no man can tell you today the real WHAT-- what we shall be. There are various speculations-- where revelation ends, speculations begin-- but the mind of man cannot conceive THE WHAT of God. He is so ALL GOD, and we are yet so human, that except for the small glimpses He gives of Himself to us, we do not know what we shall become. But this much we do know, BECAUSE WE ARE HIS CHILDREN, WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM. And when reality breaks through, "Then shall I know even as also I am known." (1 Cor. 13:12).

2Corinthians 5:8 we are of good courage, I say, and are willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be at home with the Lord.

2Corinthians 5:9 Wherefore also we make it our aim, whether at home or absent, to be well-pleasing unto him.

2Corinthians 5:10 For we must all be made manifest before the judgment-seat of Christ; that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Has anyone ever taken a moment to think about that day we stand before Christ?

The interesting thing is, when you look at life through the lens of eternity, all the way when we are to stand before Christ; it starts to become so weighted on this, No matter what we have in this life, Only those things that were done for Christ will last (for that matter, with the right motives) and everthing else will be completely burned into nothing.

If I had a business for example, ok I am making money and so forth. If I am not utilizing it for Christ, if I don't give any profit I made to God, what does it profit me when I shall stand before Christ?

If I had a great speaking voice, if not used for the glory of God, will it not be burned on that day?

James said (James 4:14) "What is your life? For you are a vapor, that appears for a little time, and then vanishes away."

There is a parable I heard

"Three men were riding on camels in the desert. They came to a stream where they could see an abundant amount of small rocks thickly layered across the bottom of the stream. Then they looked up, and a man appeared unto them and said "gather as many rocks from the stream bed as you can into you sacks and load them upon your camels." The guys all thought within themselves, "This man is telling us to gather rocks? What shall it profit us?". So because of their doubt they only filled a couple bags with rocks from the stream bed.

Before they left however, the man that appeared to them said unto the three men "Soon after you have rode off a little distance from here, you shall rejoice, but you shall be very sorrowful". The three men all looked at each other puzzled by what the man had told them. Nevertheless, they went on their way departing from the stream.

After they had traveled a half a day's by camel, they saw a sand storm coming; So they ran into a cave they saw off in the distance. While this storm continued, they noticed that the bags they filled with rocks felt heavier then at the first. So they put down the bags and opened up the bags, and behold, each rock that they had taken from the river bed had been turned into a diamond.

The three men then looked at each other and let out great sounds of rejoicing, but within moments they all were all stunned in their hearts with great sorrow; and said within themselves "Why didn't we listen to the man? Why didn't we not fill every sack, but only a few!". Thus they were happy, yet very sorrowful.

They then decided that they wanted to go back to get more rocks, but the sand storm blew the camel prints away, covering them so that the way back to the stream could not be found again."

Frankly, looking at that day when we are before Christ' judgment seat; will we be like these three men wishing they had gathered more; when we realize what we COULD HAVE, but DIDN'T do?

Every moment that passes is a moment, a fragment of time we can never get back.

The hands of time shall on progress, never backwards, never ceasing.

One life, no repeating
marching on, no receding.
but for all those believing

to the to the judgment seat of Christ.

will regret be in our hearts
When that day arises, judgment starts.

Seeing all our life unfold
what shall the eyes of Christ behold?

Hay, wood, stubble, the ashes
Gold, silver.. precious stones everlasting

The works tried, what will they be?
the fiery eyes of the Lord decree?