The Bible And Abortion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
but this is not a total ban in every state, so what is awesome about that?
It is not a total ban in any State. Why the baby killers are so up in arms about this is the fact under Roe V Wade they can fight on the basis of one court case. Striking that down means they will have to deal with every State individually which immediately makes it much harder for them to oppose abortion laws. Some states are going to enact law that makes abortion illegal and some states are going to enact law that makes abortion legal at every stage so they are going to have their work cut out. It will drain their finances as money will be needed to fight state by state whereas before they could deal with any state on the basis of Roe v Wade.

Reactions: Nancy

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is it true that the Supreme Court is now a majority of Conservatives, who overturned the law?

What happens when the majority is Liberals who support the right of choice, they can again overturn the ban?
Yes, they can but that won't happen for about 50 years because being a Supreme Court judge is a life tenure.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how can you say that I am wrong? It is a known fact, that the embryo does not have a heart till about the 5th week. can anyone live without a heart?

The growing baby is not designed to live outside a human body for a non-determinate period of time. Whatever that time is does not determine when it is a person. That is a kind of odd way to try to justify abortion which it seems you may be trying to do. The simple fact is life begins when an egg and sperm are joined because that is how every single one of us began (and yes, because of the fall and the curse God put on the earth, things sometimes do not develop as they should; yet, it is still a life. There was the story of Jackson Strong who was born without a brain. I personally feel that, from my poor memory which may be serving me incorrectly, the parents may have went out of the way to preserve his life; but then, perhaps they did not use artificial means, as I said it has been a long time. But I only remember that the mother was advised abortion but she believed in the sacredness of all life and refused, as she should have according to the revelation of God).

You're not quite going to be able to argue against that. I think that may be what he is talking about when he is saying you are wrong because you are wrong in that it seems like you might be trying to say that life doesn't begin once the egg and sperm are joined so that at some point in it's development murder of that growing child would be condoned by God. Yet, as it is written in his word murder of anything kind (outside the provision of justice to criminals by civil magistrates) is never condoned in God's word. That is where you are mistaken.

(And no, misoprostol does not save any life. Pregnancy is always a risk. Leave that determination to God. It is not my belief that should a doctor say the baby may kill the mother that that would be always true, and I feel that such advice should not be followed; they are wrong fairly often regarding who may and may not die and wrong about a lot of others things medically as well. We've just scratched the surface in the knowledge of medicine and human physiology so their words regarding diagnoses and predictions are vast eons from the word of God which prohibits murder. Misoprostol is used primarily for pain and for the termination of pregnancy. And I did state that I am against it for when it is used in the termination of pregnancy. That was quite clear. But then, I do not see that post anywhere on here now).

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
how can you say that I am wrong? It is a known fact, that the embryo does not have a heart till about the 5th week. can anyone live without a heart?
You are wrong. It is not a known fact. If it is, where does the heart come from and how does the baby get it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and JohnPaul

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are wrong. It is not a known fact. If it is, where does the heart come from and how does the baby get it?

In all fairness, I must point out that I have been studying, debating, and writing papers and articles on abortion for 30 years. I have been a member of organizations that give themselves to saving the lives of innocent babies and before I had to move house because of my job, I was involved in a church that bought the house next door when it came up for sale and turned it into a home for unwed mothers and cared for them until their baby was born and helped them established themselves in their role as mothers.

So you might say I have been there and done that. And the other thing is I have heard every excuse under the sun to justify abortion, none of which is valid.

George Nathanson, who was a major abortionist in the USA before he converted to Christianity said on TV (I watched it) that every abortion kills a baby. One of the main arguments of baby killers is that it is not a baby. So my question is what do they know that an abortionist doesn't know?

And one other thing. I am autistic and autistic people have a tendency to keep their mouths shut until they know what they are talking about. Hence their obsession with facts and their disdain for opinion.

Reactions: dhh712 and Nancy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if only "some" are saved from this horrid practice IMHO- it is worth it.
EVEN IF ONE BABY IS SAVED .
I have a message that must get said .
GO ye unto the IRON TEETH of that baby shredding machine and say , LET MY BABIES GO .
YE will let my babies BE BORN or JUDGMENTS are coming upon this world .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as the Ex VP, Mike Pence said, only a TOTAL BAN will really work. Pence is a born-again believer
ONLY A TOTAL BAN WILL WORK . I just hope at least some states will go ahead and make it illegal .
Its up to them now and i pray that they NOW make the right decision and let those babies GO .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ideally, States who will allow this, should be mandated to have proof of residence of that state. I'm sure many women will travel to states allowing abortion.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ideally, States who will allow this, should be mandated to have proof of residence of that state. I'm sure many women will travel to states allowing abortion.
ITs gonna get worse sister . THEY will use this to change things . And to come against the true lambs .
More and more will hatred rise up against the lambs TILL the solution is , TIME TO RID THE EARTH OF THESE dangerous things .
ITS COMING . BUT it was still worth it to see that wicked law get overturned . BUT the evil will use this
to convince the world of just how dangerous we are and that it is TIME to get rid of us . Just watch and see .
A massive false solution is on the rise . Fear not man , JUST FOLLOW THE GLORIOUS LAMB .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am AGAINST abortion, but ask questions that need to be asked! I do NOT hide or brush away anything!
Why do you feel these questions need to be asked? It seems pretty simple to me, the answers. But if you're not trying to find a way to condone aborting a growing child, what is the reason for your persistent questions which really have already been answered.