The Bible: One of the Believer's Biggest Problems

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The writers of the text CLAIMED Jesus did certain things and CLAIMED he said this. How does there claims verify these things actually occurred?

The Spirit of Prophecy is how you know that God and His word are one.

In the OT, you have over 106 prophecies, related to Jesus.

Where He will be born.
How he will die.
What his name will mean.
And on and on......and these were written about Him from over 4000 yrs ago, to 1500 yrs ago, and all of them happened.....and some are still to happen.
So, there is no way that so many prophecies about JESUS, that were given 1500-4000 yrs before He was born, and they happened, exactly as prophesied in the BIBLE... can be an accident...or chance.

Just look at one..

"Born in Bethlehem".......That happened.
How can a "book" know that before it happened ??
A.) Because God wrote it, and men wrote it down.

So, the bible is the word of God.
Its true.
Believe it.
Or you can oppose it and there will come a day that God will oppose you for doing that, and you wont be able to solve it.
And that will prove to you, definitely that God "is not mocked", and that includes His Word.

Do you know who Christopher Hitchens is ?... This english author?

How about Peter Jennings?

They both decided to speak loudly and proudly against God, Christ, and the Bible.

Their end, was harsh.
God is not mocked.
Believe it.

Listen reader......if you are an atheist, or agnostic, or just a devout skeptic...then keep your mouth shut, regarding God, Christ and the Bible.
Just stay away from mocking those......as God is not mocked.

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about Peter Jennings?

We do not know what was in his heart, but Peter Jennings died of lung cancer. He smoked heavily for years. You can't expect to be a heavy smoker for decades, and that not affect your lungs. God did not do that to him. He did it to him.

Reactions: Nancy

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before he was diagnosed, PJ decided to do a "special edition", that tried to prove that Jesus is a myth.

Not a good idea.

"God is not mocked".
I do know that God did not cause Jennings to have lung cancer. He brought that upon himself. I'd be careful assigning things done to man as if God did it. And again, we do not know what transpired between Peter Jennings and the Lord before his death. God is quick to forgive. Look at Manasseh.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I do know that God did not cause Jennings to have lung cancer. He brought that upon himself. I'd be careful assigning things done to man as if God did it..

IN the Old Testament, God burned Sodom and Gomorrah.
Jesus is God, pre-incarnate there.....

So, when you read that "Jesus is the same yesterday , today, and forever", you have to be careful that you understand that God is Righteous and Holy, and will not be mocked...."Yesterday, today, or forever".

So, what happens is.......you find a public figure that is antagonistic against Christ, and because they have the power of the Media they want to preach against Him.
And what ive learned is that when you "go public" with "anti-Christ", you will reap the whirlwind.

Did you ever read , in the NT......2 Thessalonians 1:8-9?
That is Jesus in the verse.

So, does that verse sound like..>"love your neighbor as yourself"?

See, Christians have this false idea that "God is LOVE" ...only.
And that is not the Case.
God is also HOLY and more.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible presents a very broad general narrative many believe and have built varying beliefs systems around. Yet, the book is very ambiguous, at times contradictory, and downright confusing regarding numerous religious subjects that would appear to be of upmost importance. Such ambiguity appears to clearly demonstrate that the writings are the musings of men, however, many still attribute its contents to a deity figure. Why?!

Let me point out just a few of the issues of contention below:

1. The plan of salvation
- By grace thru faith alone (Romans 10:9-10)?
- Repentance and baptism (Acts 2:38)?
- is baptism immersion?
- is baptism simply sprinkling

2. The role of the church vs. Sola Scriptura

3. Should any part of the OT Law be kept? (Matthew 5:18)

4. Apostolic succession and the Papacy (Matthew 16:18)

5. Dispensationalism vs. Amillennialism vs. Preterism
- with each able to use scripture in some form or fashion to support what they promote

These are but a few internal issues a couple thousand years have not been able to provide clarify on and there are many others. Again, with such doubletalk and ambiguity, WHY Oh WHY would it not be obvious that human authorship is all over the pages. The Bible is just so..................... human
Man made the Bible become what they wanted it to mean through their man made doctrines. There is only one who can give you wisdom, knowledge and understanding of His Word and that is the Spirit of Truth...the Holy Spirit who reveals the meaning to those who seek to know.
Man has interpreted the Bible through carnal knowledge and God despises carnal reasoning. We must read the Bible through a spiritual mind and be guided by the Holy Spirit when interpreting the scriptures.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man made the Bible become what they wanted it to mean through their man made doctrines. There is only one who can give you wisdom, knowledge and understanding of His Word and that is the Spirit of Truth...the Holy Spirit who reveals the meaning to those who seek to know.
Man has interpreted the Bible through carnal knowledge and God despises carnal reasoning. We must read the Bible through a spiritual mind and be guided by the Holy Spirit when interpreting the scriptures.

If man "made the Bible become what they wanted it to mean through their man made doctrines", what species are you, if I may ask?

You also wrote, "the Holy Spirit who reveals the meaning to those who seek to know". Who are those non-humans?

"Man has interpreted the Bible through carnal knowledge and God despises carnal reasoning", so only animals interpret the Bible correctly?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IN the Old Testament, God burned Sodom and Gomorrah.
Jesus is God, pre-incarnate there.....

So, when you read that "Jesus is the same yesterday , today, and forever", you have to be careful that you understand that God is Righteous and Holy, and will not be mocked...."Yesterday, today, or forever".

So, what happens is.......you find a public figure that is antagonistic against Christ, and because they have the power of the Media they want to preach against Him.
And what ive learned is that when you "go public" with "anti-Christ", you will reap the whirlwind.

Did you ever read , in the NT......2 Thessalonians 1:8-9?
That is Jesus in the verse.

So, does that verse sound like..>"love your neighbor as yourself"?

See, Christians have this false idea that "God is LOVE" ...only.
And that is not the Case.
God is also HOLY and more.

I never said God wasn't righteous or holy--a lot of folk are gonna find that out on the last day. Still--you don't know if he found the Lord or not in those last few days... A few years ago, I was unsaved, God will not hold what i was before now against me. I am forgiven. Think back when you were unsaved. Would you want God to hold the old you against the new you?

And with respect to Sodom, I'm sure a weary traveler could not stop at any of those cities and not get assaulted. there comes a time...Same thing with the Flood. and I'd bet all the little children who went through that were spared from pain, and will be allowed to enter the Kingdom.

There are Christians who have died horrible deaths too. What about them?

You can condemn whoever you want (Be careful you don't come off a pharisaical) but don't say God is responsible for everything that happens to a man.

Jennings smoked like a chimney.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I never said God wasn't righteous or holy--a lot of folk are gonna find that out on the last day. .

I have no idea if Peter J. trusted in Christ on his death bed.
If he did, he's in Heaven, as God is no respecter of person's, He is only a respecter of FAITH.

However, before Peter laid there dying, he had some time earlier created a "Special Event' program, that was created by Jennings to try to discredit the bible and the Cross of Christ.

"God is not mocked".

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are Christians who have died horrible deaths too. What about them?

I have no idea if Peter J. trusted in Christ on his death bed.
If he did, he's in Heaven, as God is no respecter of person's, He is only a respecter of FAITH.

However, before Peter laid there dying, he had some time earlier created a "Special Event' program, that was created by Jennings to try to discredit the bible and the Cross of Christ.

"God is not mocked".

How long before? And there are Christians who have died horrible deaths too. What about them?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You can condemn whoever you want

I didnt condemn PJ.
I said that he created a program that mocked Faith in Christ and if a person does that, they will reap the whirlwind.

Here are a few things that PJ stated in that program.

Regarding the Apostles...."""It is pretty much agreed they were not eye witnesses.”""

He also had a guest on the program, a "scholar" who stated that "Jesus was the illegitimate son of Mary"......and the "Virgin Story" was to cover up that Jesus is a bastard son.

So, as i was saying.
Its not a good idea to cast doubt on the Bible, The Christ, or the Cross.
You can do it,.... but, God is not mocked.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How long before? And there are Christians who have died horrible deaths too. What about them?

Not too long.

And this......>" Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.""""

I have a response on this Forum to NET CHAPLIN< who wrote a Thread that pays deep disrespect to Christian "Mystics".
If you read my response, you'll discover something interesting , regarding "Martyr's.
Check it out, if you have time.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If man "made the Bible become what they wanted it to mean through their man made doctrines", what species are you, if I may ask?

You also wrote, "the Holy Spirit who reveals the meaning to those who seek to know". Who are those non-humans?

"Man has interpreted the Bible through carnal knowledge and God despises carnal reasoning", so only animals interpret the Bible correctly?
Jim if you read Romans 8 you learn how God feels about carnal minds.
Romans 8 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁵ For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
⁶ For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
⁷ Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
⁸ So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
⁹ But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
¹⁰ And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

¹⁴ For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This question is so blatantly ridiculous that I won't bother to answer.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously?
John 16 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹² I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
¹³ Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jim B
“But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.”
— 1 John 2:27 (KJV)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for chiming in Bob. The fact that there is contention within the Christian faith(s) bolsters my point that the Bible is very ambiguous, at times contradictory, and downright confusing regarding numerous religious subjects that would appear to be of upmost importance.
The focus isn't supposed to be the Bible. The focus is supposed to be God.