The Bible puts us at a Crossroads

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My bible says the only way to be free from sin is to be absent from the body.

You are making this up of course. You are following the modern way of a private interpretation.

Why wouldn't you prefer to understand the truth? I don't understand that. Why be happy with a human opinion when we have access to the living God?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, you mean, we can go for a period of time without sin. OK.

So then, if you go for some time without sin, and think that you've entered into Christ, and now do not sin, then you find you do in fact commit a sin, then this means that you were just fooling yourself, and are a pretender, according to Episkopos' doctrine, or else you just don't know. Is that right?

No. You definitely know when you are in the Spirit.

You make no sense to me. A baby walks. A week later the baby falls. Does this mean the baby only pretended to walk the week before?

Six weeks ago I got a haircut. It grew back. Does that mean I only pretended to get a haircut 6 weeks ago?

Reactions: Episkopos

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are making this up of course. You are following the modern way of a private interpretation.

Why wouldn't you prefer to understand the truth? I don't understand that. Why be happy with a human opinion when we have access to the living God?

Interesting.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What’s interesting is I did have a pastor to tell me this a long time ago.

You can read the bible for yourself...you can pray. You are responsible for your own walk at some point. Not to put your trust in men. The bible also says that the Spirit will guide you into all truth. Do you believe that?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A week later the baby falls. Does this mean the baby only pretended to walk the week before?
You're making my point for me. It's a growth process, not the all or nothing that episkopos teaches.

We are holy and righteous in our new creation, and over the course of our lives God trains us to control our bodies of flesh, that our actions will arise from the new creation and not from the flesh.

Much love!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can read the bible for yourself...you can pray. You are responsible for your own walk at some point. Not to put your trust in men. The bible also says that the Spirit will guide you into all truth. Do you believe that?
Absolutely.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here’s the thing, with my flesh I serve sin. But with my mind I serve the law of God.
And that’s just the plain and simple truth as pertaining to me.
Gee, that sound's like the Bible!

:)

So the plan is, we walk in the Spirit, and that way we won't fulfill the desires of the flesh, is that it?

Reactions: Waiting on him

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're making my point for me. It's a growth process, not the all or nothing that episkopos teaches.

We are holy and righteous in our new creation, and over the course of our lives God trains us to control our bodies of flesh, that our actions will arise from the new creation and not from the flesh.

Much love!

Once again, if you cannot see a difference between growing/maturing in righteousness and holiness, this problem will persist.

Reactions: Episkopos

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think asking yourself if you love perfectly, all the time, is a better way to determine if you are still a sinner or not.

I think humility is a tricky term especially with Americans - we are so used to narcissism and false humility, we’ve almost forgotten the actual meaning of the word. I believe the term can be used to describe someone who knows their strengths and weaknesses intimately, and is honest about them.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An interesting question in regards to humility, is there any one here who does not sin? Has attained to sinlessness?
Being humble is not the same as being coy.

"Oh, I wouldn't want to say that I don't sin. No, we shouldn't say that." That's not humility.

So?

[/quote]
Your questions should not I believe should be addressed to any person especially if we believe or doubt the person's statements that he does not sin or has attain to sinlessness. To do so would usually, if not always, effectively tempting the person to a pride with which he may already be struggling. Should we unnecessarily purpose place such a temptations before anyone?

As a person learns things about God and then through His Spirit and Word begin to overcome those attractions he needs support and encouragement, not additional temptations. Are we to be like Job's three "friends"? Pressing him with the possibility or likelihood of failure cannot as I see it help anyone.

If a person is actually saying that he has already overcome sin, leave it alone. If it really is true, what person who is not sinless is able to render a true judgment on the case? No not one! This is why that judgment belongs to God as I see it.

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think asking yourself if you love perfectly, all the time, is a better way to determine if you are still a sinner or not.

I think humility is a tricky term especially with Americans - we are so used to narcissism and false humility, we’ve almost forgotten the actual meaning of the word. I believe the term can be used to describe someone who knows their strengths and weaknesses intimately, and is honest about them.
Very much agreed on both points!

There is also the matter of loving God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength. Is Anyone perfectly doing this at all times?

Much love!

Edit to add . . . I realize I was assuming you meant loving each other . . .

Reactions: aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very much agreed on both points!

There is also the matter of loving God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength. Is Anyone perfectly doing this at all times?

Much love!

Edit to add . . . I realize I was assuming you meant loving each other . . .

Yah, I think Heaven is the place we will be perfected

Reactions: marks