The Bible says "in everything, get Wisdom"; what 'Wisdom' do I need for growing old? Rush less? Eat less?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Anyway, if you could save me from being empty headed and give me a sense of direction,

Go to Paul's 1 Corinthians epistle that deals with the "Spiritual Gifts" and pray that God will give you :

and

# 7

That'll solve your "direction" issue for life.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, only floss around the ones you want to keep.
Many will weep and howl and beg and plead on the DAY of the LORD , only to be told i never knew you .
cause many are now buying a lie which has come in under the guise it is love and of GOD
and yet DENIES the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST . we better get busy exposing some folks on this site
cause they are gaining a following my friend .
Arise , get up , and contend for the true faith .
The volunteer phase is over , i am drafting all who call upon the name of JESUS CHRIST
to get up and proclaim the ONE TRUE GOSPLE . Cause many now follow the social justice inclusive one
and many more are coming to its love and its false hope that will save not a one of them but damn them all .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway, if you could save me from being empty headed and give me a sense of direction, I would really appreciate it. Proverbs 3:5-6 is often quoted to me, but I don't how easily I can follow it with the life I have left. I do have life left, maybe what I should be imagining is God blessed by it, in some way (He has given me so much, I almost drown in good things, for which to praise Him).
1 John 2:12-14 KJV
12) I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
13) I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
14) I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

Read this entire passage with the perspective of having known "him that is from the beginning":

1 John 2:1-17 KJV
1) My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2) And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
3) And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5) But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6) He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
7) Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
8) Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
9) He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
10) He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
11) But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
12) I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
13) I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
14) I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
15) Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17) And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Isaiah 41:4 KJV
Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

"The first, and with the last"

From the LXX:

Isaiah 41:4 Brenton
Who has wrought and done these things? he has called it who called it from the generations of old; I God, the first and to all futurity, I AM.

To me the idea here is, As you've known Him who is from the beginning, He will also be there at the end. As you have need of endurance, remember, He is faithful, and will do it.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:12-14 KJV

Read this entire passage with the perspective of having known "him that is from the beginning":

1 John 2:1-17 KJV
1) My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2) And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
3) And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5) But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6) He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
7) Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
8) Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
9) He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
10) He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
11) But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
15) Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17) And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Isaiah 41:4 KJV
Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

"The first, and with the last"

From the LXX:

Isaiah 41:4 Brenton
Who has wrought and done these things? he has called it who called it from the generations of old; I God, the first and to all futurity, I AM.

To me the idea here is, As you've known Him who is from the beginning, He will also be there at the end. As you have need of endurance, remember, He is faithful, and will do it.

Much love!
Many will weep and howl and beg and plead on the DAY of the LORD , only to be told i never knew you .
cause many are now buying a lie which has come in under the guise it is love and of GOD
and yet DENIES the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST . we better get busy exposing some folks on this site
cause they are gaining a following my friend .
Arise , get up , and contend for the true faith .
The volunteer phase is over , i am drafting all who call upon the name of JESUS CHRIST
to get up and proclaim the ONE TRUE GOSPLE . Cause many now follow the social justice inclusive one
and many more are coming to its love and its false hope that will save not a one of them but damn them all

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Recently I matured in way that I stopped seeing women as "objects" (and not persons).

Imagine what God has yet to reveal, if something that plays such a huge part in our lives, can change!
So true! I've seen the same thing, how my life has "turned corners" so to speak. Suddenly something changes, and so much is different! I leave God tons of space to works, who knows what He is doing, and what will come next!

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So true! I've seen the same thing, how my life has "turned corners" so to speak. Suddenly something changes, and so much is different! I leave God tons of space to works, who knows what He is doing, and what will come next!

Much love!
what wisdom does one need for growing old was the question .
No man knows the day or hour , whether he will be young or old when he shall breath his last .
But one thing i do know , all flesh dies and also that the coming of the LORD DOES DRAW NIGH.
How about this for wisdom , I KNOW HOW TO LIVE FOREVER and NEVER DIE
BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST , EXERCISE THYSELF with godliness , and EAT of HIS EVERY WORD .
BIBLE TIME . now do be encouraged . Not all grow old but all will face the day of the LORD .
Better to be a sheep on that day than a goat is all i can say . the sheep live forever and though the body dies
the soul lives forever with THE KING . now raise those hands mark , IT BE LORD PRAISING TIME in the building .