The Bible states there is one faith, does it identify it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is a long book with lots of quotations from God and Jesus. I think Jesus sums it up with the two great commandments: Matthew 22:34-40.
And those two commandments are found in the Old Testament.

Deut 6:5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might

Lev 19:1818 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.

1st to God, then to neighbor

10 Commandments: 1st 4 to God last 6 to neighbor

Reactions: Robert Gwin

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, several, but not one of them believe that God approves of it, or tries to justify it scripturally. Although I know one homosexual that likely thinks God accepts it, and another that is struggling with his sexuality who does believe he is a Christian. That is as close as I see it Bob
Why would a person engage in immoral sexual lust if they thought God would disapprove of it?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would a person engage in immoral sexual lust if they thought God would disapprove of it?

I have. I would guess that any honest hearted person would admit that they had sinned if they did it as I do. Some my honestly be deceived though, but people generally know right and wrong I believe.