The Bible states there is one faith, does it identify it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many faiths in the world, so how does one know which faith belongs to God?

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The faith of of God the father and Jesus Christ, God's only begotten son, so that whosoever believeth in him shall have everlasting life and not perish.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, so which faith(s) believe that?
I would think every Christian faith would, though I have recently been reading in certain threads here that people believe Jesus Christ is God, when I’ve always been taught that Jesus Christ is the son of God and that’s what I believe, and I’ve also read that many believe that the Holy Spirit is God also, which I don’t believe, I believe the Holy Spirit is what we feel and receive once we have been touched by the Grace of God and Jesus Christ his only begotten son.

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Every Christian has faith in Jesus, that He is the Son of God; and that His Father raised Him from the dead! Any "faith" that does not believe that, is not the true faith.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many faiths in the world, so how does one know which faith belongs to God?
What does a person need to know? What if we simply do what Jesus said here?

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The faith that belongs to God believes, and acknowledges, and teaches, that Jesus of Nazareth is GOD MANIFEST IN THE FLESH. Any opposition to this is the spirit of Antichrist.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The faith that leads to everlasting life belongs to God.

Jesus himself in prayer to the Father:

"Now this is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." - John 17:3, NAB ('91).

Last edited:
Reactions: Aunty Jane and APAK

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think that if you follow the two great commandments - loving the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul; and loving your neighbor as yourself - your faith is valid.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think every Christian faith would, though I have recently been reading in certain threads here that people believe Jesus Christ is God, when I’ve always been taught that Jesus Christ is the son of God and that’s what I believe, and I’ve also read that many believe that the Holy Spirit is God also, which I don’t believe, I believe the Holy Spirit is what we feel and receive once we have been touched by the Grace of God and Jesus Christ his only begotten son.

I think I agree with that John, so are there things the Bible mentions that can narrow the identity of the one faith even further.

I agree with you on your point about holy spirit. The fruitages Christians display are actually from holy spirit Gal 5:22,23

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does a person need to know? What if we simply do what Jesus said here?

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Obviously the key word is yoke, correct? That is saying a lot sir. Christians take on that yoke, by accepting and practicing the teachings of Jesus.

I have had a few students, and one in particular who would answer every time when I asked the question what do you think is required for salvation?; his reply would be do what God wants you to do. Although the answer is correct, it implies that one would have to know what God wants you to do. to actually do it.

A similar passage is found at 1 Jn 5:3 which is a bit easier to understand, it is the observing of God's commandments that is the "yoke" of Jesus. Very true it is not burdensome, actually makes life more enjoyable.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does. The one faith is in Jesus Christ.

Who was God. The Word made flesh.
The beginning,
Genesis 1:1–2; Hebrews 11:1–3
John 1,
and verses 23, 26, 31, 33. Isaiah 40:3.
One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism - The Oneness Of God In Christ.

Jesus is the path to God Pyth Jn 14:6, therefore having a prominent role in the faith. He was in fact made flesh, and as you very correctly stated would be a part of the one faith.

How many faiths include Jesus as part of their doctrine?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The faith that belongs to God believes, and acknowledges, and teaches, that Jesus of Nazareth is GOD MANIFEST IN THE FLESH. Any opposition to this is the spirit of Antichrist.

No sir, any faith that would not acknowledge the teachings of Jesus would not be the "one faith" referred to in the Bible. Mat 22:37

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The faith that leads to everlasting life belongs to God.

Jesus himself in prayer to the Father:

"Now this is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." - John 17:3, NAB ('91).

Yes sir that is true, so how many faiths do you know accept that as fact?

Reactions: APAK

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think that if you follow the two great commandments - loving the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul; and loving your neighbor as yourself - your faith is valid.

Yes sir, that is a fact. So out of all the faiths in the world, how many does that narrow it down to as being the "one faith"?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Robert. Just want to clarify.

When you say "there are many faiths in the world" do you mean there are many 'religions' (Islam, Buddhist, Hinduism etc) in the world?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously the key word is yoke, correct? That is saying a lot sir. Christians take on that yoke, by accepting and practicing the teachings of Jesus.

I have had a few students, and one in particular who would answer every time when I asked the question what do you think is required for salvation?; his reply would be do what God wants you to do. Although the answer is correct, it implies that one would have to know what God wants you to do. to actually do it.

A similar passage is found at 1 Jn 5:3 which is a bit easier to understand, it is the observing of God's commandments that is the "yoke" of Jesus. Very true it is not burdensome, actually makes life more enjoyable.
Amen!

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the path to God Pyth Jn 14:6, therefore having a prominent role in the faith. He was in fact made flesh, and as you very correctly stated would be a part of the one faith.

How many faiths include Jesus as part of their doctrine?
In the Christian sense? None other. Though Islam, which copies both Judaism and Christianity in large part, does recognize Jesus as a prophet of Allah. Their name for him is Isa.
But they do not believe him to be the son of Allah. Because the Koran tells them Allah has no son.