The Big Bang

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where does it say that it took six literal days? Time doesn't exist for God. Doesn't the Bible say something about a day is a thousand years for Him?
KJV Exodus 20:8-11
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Exodus 20:8-11
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

It still doesn't point to being six literal days of creation,.. it just says that the seventh day is the sabbath day. Again, we're not sure what was defined to being a day for God. I can see why one would think that though because of the sabbath thing, but God only knows.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, folks need to understand where the "Big Bang Theory" came from in the first place.

It came from Kabballah.

Those who wish to be Illuminated, keep reading.

Your Key to understanding the so called 'Big Bang' is to understand who Ein Sof is, and who Adam Kadmon is.

According to Lurianic Kabballah, Ein Sof is what they call God before the Big Bang. It was a state of being if you will.

Long story short, according to the teachings, God 'exploded'. This is where the world of Science gets their theory from.

Consequently Adam Kadmon 'shattered' into a multitude of Souls (Sparks) that must be 'put back together again'.

Now some of you may be thinking, "What does all of this have to do with the Bible?" "Kabballah is Jewish Mysticism."

Because these particular Kabballah teachings are very close to what Genesis actually teaches.

And since none of you are even close to understanding where the Big Bang fits into Genesis, I figure it would be a good segue.

What everyone in the world of Science calls the Big Bang, WE CHRISTIANS call it...

THE FALL OF MAN.

Here is your "Big Bang"...

Genesis 3:6
"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."

The 'Opening of the Eyes' collapsed the Wave Function into Particles...

Genesis 3:7
"And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons."

And here we are. It from Bit.

The Forbidden Fruit is what is called the 'World Egg' outside of Christianity. It is a Universe Creation Mechanism.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It still doesn't point to being six literal days of creation,.. it just says that the seventh day is the sabbath day. Again, we're not sure what was defined to being a day for God. I can see why one would think that though because of the sabbath thing, but God only knows.
KJV Exodus 23:12
12 Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed.
Why would the six days not be literal... God makes them literal in His own Commandments to Israel... He didn't say make them as long as you like.

KJV Exodus 24:16-17
16 And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.
17 And the sight of the glory of the LORD was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel.

KJV Exodus 31:17-18
17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

KJV Leviticus 23:3
3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.

And yes. There is another sense in which Peter declared that metaphorically 1000 years is to the Lord as one day. Which is interesting if you consider the chronology of mankind...6000 years...6 days... With the millennium, the 7000th "day" becoming a rest for the earth being uninhabitable for that entire period... The earth, after 6000 years of having no rest from sin and the labor of man with all the pollutions and abuse, will finally have it's sabbath rest before the creating of the new earth.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is your "Big Bang"...

Genesis 3:6
"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."
Not sure how many times I have to point out the fact that Adam and his Wife DIED LITERALLY after partaking of the Forbidden Fruit.

That seemingly insignificant act created the Universe as we know it. So yes, OF COURSE THEY DIED!

But whatever. Keep promoting the lie that they 'died Spiritually' or 'began to die' or whatever garbage your Church promotes and see what God does to you to wake you up.

Anyhow...

OP seems to want to derail the topic into another 'It's not literal' debate. I would strongly suggest you people take your Bibles as literal as possible. Quit adding the word 'Spiritual' to every other verse.

Oh well, wake me up when we are back on topic again.

Base12 out.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe when God spoke the world into existence it caused a big bang...
Actually you will not find anything about the Big Bang in Scripture. God systematically created the universe step-by-step in six literal 24 hour days. God did not need six days but He had a very good reason for that (Exodus 20:8-11):

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay,.. if God created the earth in six literal days then explain why science points to the fact that humans and dinosaurs never coexisted?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay,.. if God created the earth in six literal days then explain why science points to the fact that humans and dinosaurs never coexisted?
Since when has atheist secular science been interested in confirming the biblical account of history? Science so-called also denies Sodom and Gomorrah, and the global flood.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when has atheist secular science been interested in confirming the biblical account of history? Science so-called also denies Sodom and Gomorrah, and the global flood.

First of all, are you definitely suggesting that one could not be a Christian scientist? Second of all, I don't know very much about Sodom and Gomorrah (even though I have heard of them) but I'm not sure what science channels you have been watching,.. but science doesn't debate the flood. They even found pieces of the ark not too long ago.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First of all, are you definitely suggesting that one could not be a Christian scientist? Second of all, I don't know very much about Sodom and Gomorrah (even though I have heard of them) but I'm not sure what science channels you have been watching,.. but science doesn't debate the flood. They even found pieces of the ark not too long ago.
I'm not saying science is all bad and not Christian. Far from it. True science confirms scripture. Even the young earth creation. And that dinosaurs and man did live together. There's even a possibility that early man made the dinosaurs through genetic engineering. Don't believe the science that tells you early man was dumb, stupid, and ape like and needed thousands and millions of years to mature. Early man came direct from the hand of God. He was of far greater intelligence and intellect than any today. Full use of all his intellectual powers without the dimming influences of poor lifestyles, bad diet, and early death. Remember, Adam and his immediate descendants lived many hundred years... Imagine what they would learn in that time. What they could accomplish. Man has degenerated since creation... Not evolved.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All that "science" has is fossilized bones. The rest is all conjecture (made to look like science). Dinosaurs would have co-existed with men until the Flood. It would appear that they were all wiped out at that time. There are many theories but no proof. Also the term "fossil fuel" is false. The earth has layers of oil underneath which are a part of the earth itself.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that "science" has is fossilized bones. The rest is all conjecture (made to look like science). Dinosaurs would have co-existed with men until the Flood. It would appear that they were all wiped out at that time. There are many theories but no proof. Also the term "fossil fuel" is false. The earth has layers of oil underneath which are a part of the earth itself.

That's an excellent theory but it's a theory nonetheless as nobody but God knows for sure. Anyways, I forgot to point out that I believe that the big bang was just the start of creation and God made the world in the order it says in the Bible with it. Oh and this is only a tad bit off topic but it goes right along with evolution so I figured that I could post it here. As nowhere in the Bible does it say what Adam and Eve actually looked like, so they could have very well looked like cavemen. I just don't see how science and religion could exist without the other.

Ancient footprints of playing caveman children preserved for 16,500 years

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As nowhere in the Bible does it say what Adam and Eve actually looked like, so they could have very well looked like cavemen.
That would be more in keeping with evolution. Adam and Eve were probably the most outstanding human beings, and totally unlike cavemen. After all they were direct creations of God and God made everything perfect.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be more in keeping with evolution. Adam and Eve were probably the most outstanding human beings, and totally unlike cavemen. After all they were direct creations of God and God made everything perfect.

Again, how do you know what they looked like? Early human skeletons (or at least skulls) have been discovered to look very different from the ones we have today. Science is based upon facts, religion is only based upon faith. Although it has been proven that Jesus lived and died,.. it is our faith that we go by that tells us that He is and was the Son of God.