The Black Horse Of Famine mentioned in Rev 6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An Explanation of the Sixth Seal:

Revelation 6:12-17;

I watched as the Lamb broke the Sixth Seal, – At this moment a Coronal Mass Ejection will explode out from the sun. Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1, Zephaniah 3:8, Jeremiah 23:19 Triggered by the attack onto Israel, as per Psalms 83, Psalms 11:4-6, Psalms 50:1-3, 2 Peter 3:7

I knew you were going to say that.

There's another way it could have started already, from 2015 to the "darkened" sun of January 2019, without being noticed.

"I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake.​

Another guy mentioned it on this forum. That word for earthquake, seismos, was the same word used in Matthew when Jesus was in a violent storm, a violent seismos, on the sea.

"Suddenly a violent storm came up on the sea, so that the boat was engulfed by the waves; but Jesus was sleeping.​

A sea of many nations and peoples and tongues?

Peaceful Sabbath.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There's another way it could have started already, from 2015 to the "darkened" sun of January 2019, without being noticed.
We will surely notice the Lord's Day of fiery wrath, when it comes.

Why must people make every attempt to avoid what is clearly Prophesied? As believers in and studiers of the Prophetic Word, we should know all about that forthcoming shocking day and be prepared for it.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 41:22 And I saw in my dream, and, behold, seven ears came up in one stalk, full and good:
Gen 41:23 And, behold, seven ears, withered, thin, and blasted with the east wind, sprung up after them:

this reminds me of the wheat and the tares. And the question “did you not sow good seed in the field.”

you mentioned “and the east wind blasted them.” Concerning the ears of corn. Makes me think of: Psalm 78:26-32 He caused an east wind to blow in the heaven: and by his power he brought in the south wind. [27] He rained flesh also upon them as dust, and feathered fowls like as the sand of the sea: [28] And he let it fall in the midst of their camp, round about their habitations. [29] So they did eat, and were well filled: for he gave them their own desire; [30] They were not estranged from their lust. But while their meat was yet in their mouths, [31] The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them, and smote down the chosen men of Israel. [32] For all this they sinned still, and believed not for his wondrous works.

Isaiah 40:3-8 The voice of him that cries in the wilderness, Prepare you the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. [4] Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: [5] And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it. [6] The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: [7] The grass withers, the flower fades: because the spirit of the Lord blows upon it: surely the people is grass. [8] The grass withers, the flower fades: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

He caused an east wind to blow in the heaven
He rained flesh also upon them
for he gave them their own desire
They were not estranged from their lust.
while their meat was yet in their mouths,
The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them,
For all this they sinned still, and believed not for his wondrous works.

Which to me is why He kept asking if they were offended. And if they would go away too.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which to me is why He kept asking if they were offended. And if they would go away too.

Yes Victory in Jesus,
It is a Famine of the Word of the Lord.

before I forget…famine of the Word of the Lord: Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? [68] Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. John 6:67-68

John 6:51-58 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. [52] The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? [53] Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you have no life in you. [54] Whoso eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, has eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. [56] He that eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, dwells in me, and I in him. [57] As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eats me, even he shall live by me. [58] This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eats of this bread shall live for ever.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:50 Lexicon: "This is the bread which comes down out of heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die.

Interesting (Imo) when speaking of literal bread. The kind of bread I love too much. When I went to see a natural doctor about my MS symptoms she suggested I’m allergic to gluten. the bread I love to eat so much could be what is making me sick. She shared how the bread has been altered by man and now how this is why gluten has become such a problem. I’d be better off if I could avoid eating bread, or pasta made with it, or sweets made with it. They do make live bread, which is made with good seeds and is supposed to be better for you. In regards to moldy bread…gluten bread is not much better for some people. Point is, she said “you shouldn’t eat the bread.” Famine of bread …when discussing withholding it, should the gluten and altering of literal bread be taken into consideration?

Last edited:
Reactions: lightlysalted

lightlysalted

Jul 30, 2022
DownEast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
before I forget…famine of the Word of the Lord: Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? [68] Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. John 6:67-68

John 6:51-58 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. [52] The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? [53] Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you have no life in you. [54] Whoso eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, has eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. [56] He that eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, dwells in me, and I in him. [57] As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eats me, even he shall live by me. [58] This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eats of this bread shall live for ever.

Jhn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

This is that bread:

Mat 16:11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
Mat 16:12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the "doctrine" of eternal life.

When the words of the Lord become lean and scarce, a famine of Grace and Truth will be eradicated from the earth.
Tyranny will rule. Mercy will cease. Injustice will reign.
My meat is to do the will of him that sent me.

Act 5:28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

Jhn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Jhn 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Jhn 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Jhn 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Unless you eat the Doctrine of the Lord and drink of the New Testament, ye have no life in you.

I will never be a cannibal.
God forbids it.
Therefore there must be a spiritual application to eating flesh and drinking blood.
And the Jews could not understand, just like they didn't understand the leaven of the Pharisees.
It's code.

You know there are a lot of people in Hollywood and other "Elite" places that are actual cannibalists? These are satanists.
And I suggest you stay far from them.

New York Times Accused of ‘Normalizing’ Cannibalism

Specializing in the preparation of human meat, Cannibal Club brings the cutting edge of experimental cuisine to the refined palates of L.A.’s cultural elite. Our master chefs hail from around the world for the opportunity to practice their craft free of compromise and unbounded by convention.
Our exclusive clientele includes noted filmmakers, intellectuals, and celebrities who have embraced the Enlightenment ideals of free expression and rationalism. On event nights, avant-garde performance artists, celebrated literary figures, and ground-breaking musicians entertain our guests.
At Cannibal Club, we celebrate artistic excellence as the natural and inevitable expression of the unbridled human spirit.

Collaborating with visiting cooks from around the world,
Chef de Cuisine Sophie Laffite regularly updates our menu with new and daring culinary experiments. The meat we serve is selected from the young and healthy. Consistent with the practice of cannibalism in many primitive societies, we view anthropophagy as homage to the dead, who are reborn into the bodies of their consumers. Each dish, therefore, is a study in taste and elegance.

Cannibal Club

This is what happens when people twist scripture and they have 0 knowledge of spiritual understanding.
Hugs

lightlysalted

Jul 30, 2022
DownEast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:50 Lexicon: "This is the bread which comes down out of heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die.

Interesting (Imo) when speaking of literal bread. The kind of bread I love too much. When I went to see a natural doctor about my MS symptoms she suggested I’m allergic to gluten. the bread I love to eat so much could be what is making me sick. She shared how the bread has been altered by man and now how this is why gluten has become such a problem. I’d be better off if I could avoid eating bread, or pasta made with it, or sweets made with it. They do make live bread, which is made with good seeds and is supposed to be better for you. In regards to moldy bread…gluten bread is not much better for some people. Point is, she said “you shouldn’t eat the bread.” Famine of bread …when discussing withholding it, should the gluten and altering of literal bread be taken into consideration?

Ezekiel Bread can be found in most freezer sections of markets.
What Is Ezekiel Bread (and Is It Really Healthy)?

Hugs

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i hope there isn't another post on this topic but with inflation & gas prices & food shortages does anyone think that the black horse of famine mentioned in Rev 6 is happening? i kind of think it is but i just wanted some opinions on this topic

You know, people call the black horse famine, but it doesn’t specifically mention famine, which is caused by a lack of rain, to be the reason for the cost of foodstuffs. We aren’t really told why it will cost so much.
As to whether this has begun or we are just seeing a shadow in this, and in many being killed by animals like bats and birds, we don’t really know. But when it affects the entire world and not just parts of the world, it sure does get my attention.

lightlysalted

Jul 30, 2022
DownEast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, people call the black horse famine, but it doesn’t specifically mention famine, which is caused by a lack of rain, to be the reason for the cost of foodstuffs. We aren’t really told why it will cost so much.
As to whether this has begun or we are just seeing a shadow in this, and in many being killed by animals like bats and birds, we don’t really know. But when it affects the entire world and not just parts of the world, it sure does get my attention.
It's being manufactured.
I have to look again, I forget... does it say God sends the four horses or do they just manifest and John is told to come and see?

hugs

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

very true, I believe the black horse is the unjust scales of fiat currency and inflation to rob people of their wealth. With the dollar being the worldwide currency we use for trading, this is a worldwide robbing of the people... is this the black horse of Revelation? We will see, it could be.

Curious to know what you think "do not hurt the oil and wine" Means?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
very true, I believe the black horse is the unjust scales of fiat currency and inflation to rob people of their wealth. With the dollar being the worldwide currency we use for trading, this is a worldwide robbing of the people... is this the black horse of Revelation? We will see, it could be.

Curious to know what you think "do not hurt the oil and wine" Means?

This has been going on for centuries, and it is not a new thing. As a numismatist i know, as Rome declined their currency began to have less and less silver and gold content in them, the U.S. stopped putting silver in their coinage in 1964 (1970 for half dollars) and then went off the Gold standard under Nixon. Now there is nothing backing up the dollar other than the faith of the people in that dollar. I use the word faith because that is all that is keeping it afloat.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's being manufactured.
I have to look again, I forget... does it say God sends the four horses or do they just manifest and John is told to come and see?

hugs

Yes, men are causing the cost of foodstuffs to rise. It has had very little to do with famine, comparatively. And your op challenged me to look at the passage differently than I always have. I don’t see what’s going on as not either guided by God or allowed by God to happen. After all, HE is the one who sets rulers in their seats and removes them from their seats. He even sat pharoah in his seat. As Daniel says, HE controls the course of world events.

Reactions: lightlysalted

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive thought that it might have a temporal AND a spiritual meaning. How about you?

I see divine protection in that line, the Oil representing the Holy Spirit, and the wine representing the Blood, those covered by the Blood. I guess that would be the Spiritual meaning i see in it. Because our treasure is in heaven, and we as believers know that the unjust scales of the black Horse cannot rob of us of our treasures.

That is what i believe this means but have never heard a better explanation?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
will never be a cannibal.
God forbids it.
Therefore there must be a spiritual application to eating flesh and drinking blood.
And the Jews could not understand, just like they didn't understand the leaven of the Pharisees.
It's code.

You know there are a lot of people in Hollywood and other "Elite" places that are actual cannibalists? These are satanists.
And I suggest you stay far from them.

New York Times Accused of ‘Normalizing’ Cannibalism

ew.

lightlysalted

Jul 30, 2022
DownEast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, men are causing the cost of foodstuffs to rise. It has had very little to do with famine, comparatively. And your op challenged me to look at the passage differently than I always have. I don’t see what’s going on as not either guided by God or allowed by God to happen. After all, HE is the one who sets rulers in their seats and removes them from their seats. He even sat pharoah in his seat. As Daniel says, HE controls the course of world events.

I believe everything happens for a reason, even bad things.
The world is getting farther and farther away from God. And to me it looks like we're on the precipice of Sodom and Gomorrah.
These horses may be a kind of final warning to repent and return to God.
But even Revelation says that they just keep heading off the cliff.

Rev 9:17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.
Rev 9:18 By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.
Rev 9:19 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.
Rev 9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
Rev 9:21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

This is where our faith is tested. Those horses aren't unleashed upon God's people. They are unleashed upon those that turned their backs on him.
Nevertheless we will still feel the repercussions of what is taking place, because we exist on the earth.
And yet, we are the voices and the witnesses crying out to the world: If you repent, God may have mercy on you.
But they are so deaf and so blind. All they see is their own power, and their own willingness to control everything and everyone.
And once they put the ball in motion, nothing will be able to stop what is coming.
Our ecosystem is strong and yet delicate at the same time. It can take a lot of abuse and neglect from nature. God has fail safes put in for recovery. But when man upsets the balance of unnatural sources, it is more difficult and takes much longer for nature to right itself.

GMO's, gene splicing. pesticides, manufactured fertilizers, weed killers....
All of these have weakened the earths "immune system" .
The remedy to allowing the earth to replenish it's nutrients, was to allow it to rest 1 year out of every 7.
But people got glutoneous and ate more than what was needed. And became wasteful while others in other parts of the world starved.
What goes around, comes around.
But what is happening now is a deliberate reduction in all agriculture around the world by the globalists, to bring us to our knees so we will submit to them for a morsel of bread or a bit of crumbs.
The energy sector is being compromised so come winter, many will freeze and starve.
This is depopulation Agenda 2030. This is their idea of how to maintain "equality" with the earth.
The earth has a way of shaking off it's own fleas, it doesn't need man's assistance.

It's all about control. Whether it's the power to conquer other nations and lands, wars, famines or biological warfare, it all comes down to control and submitting oneself to the beast.

By now you should already have at least 3 months of food stored. You should be prepared with alternative heat sources. You should have water and blankets and whatever you would need if you knew a storm was coming and the electricity would go out, the roads could get blocked, the phone lines aren't working. Like a Blizzard or a Hurricane. Only instead of a few days, we may need a few years.
Because crops don't grow overnight. And the damage done to the soil, now they want to eliminate natural cow dung fertilizer...
The bees are dying off. Big Corporations like Nestle's and Coca Cola, draining all the water out of the reservoirs making it hard to water the land.

Yeah, we're in for a hell of time. Be ready. Be prepared.
Understand that this has to happen. People won't wake up to their sins until they have their eyes opened.
And God is going to open a lot of eyes.
But keep the faith. Know that God is in control.
And trust Him.
And when the time is right, all that should be, will be right again.

It has to be this way.
Hugs

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's being manufactured.

hugs

Zechariah 6:2, Zechariah 6:6

Four chariots
Out from between two mountains of brass

1st red horses
2nd black horses
3rd white horses
4th grisled and bay horses
“These are the four spirits of the heavens which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth”
Are these four spirits of heaven that go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth…good and sent out of the Lord, or evil and put out of heaven and from standing before him? (I don’t know, but that is my question, also the opening of the seals)

1st the black horse toward the north country.
The white after
Then the grisled the south country. And the bay went forth —that they walk to and fro through the earth. “he said get you hence, walk to and fro through the earth” Revelation but hurt not the oil and the wine?
(I couldnt find the red horse in Zechariah?) and they are out of order with Revelation. Which makes me think of some that stand here …will not taste of death until they see the son of man coming in power and might. The revelation of Jesus Christ given unto Him of God to show to His servants: the Revelation of Jesus Christ:
1st: White horse and he that sat on him had a bow and a crown was given him. (From Zechariah “make crowns and set them on the head of Joshua”
2nd: red horse and power was given to him that sat thereon
3rd(seal) black horse and he that set thereon had a pair of balances (unjust balances, or not?)
4th seal pale horse and his name is death, and hell followed after …

the 4th is interesting (Imo) because of Zechariah The grisled horses and the bay horses: death (grisled), and hell (the bay horses) followed after… grisled horse and the bay horses followed…

I have no idea what it all means..
In relation to the black horse not being about famine of bread…I don’t see that it says the black horse is about famine either. But even in speaking of the government, or food shortages, or an uproar of killing, plagues, unjust balances, hatred, or the love of many waxing cold …all (Imo) come from “my people perish for a lack of knowledge” not as in wits or smarts but from a lack of bread in knowing He does not promote war and killings and greed and and lust and robbing; hunger and starvation and lack of need but “love your neighbor”….the heartbeat of all the turmoil being the lack of Christ and the Fruit of Christ : they hunger and thirst but not after Him? You reap what you sow?

Last edited: