The Black Horse Of Famine mentioned in Rev 6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have no idea what it all means
The four horsemen of Zechariah and of Revelation 6:1-8, are the same. They allegorize the woes experienced by mankind; the wars, famines, plagues and economic disasters that have happened throughout time and are still happening today.

Only when Jesus Returns will they no longer affect humankind.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The four horsemen of Zechariah and of Revelation 6:1-8, are the same. They allegorize the woes experienced by mankind; the wars, famines, plagues and economic disasters that have happened throughout time and are still happening today.

Only when Jesus Returns will they no longer affect humankind.

why are they are in different order in Zechariah 6.

1st: red horses
2nd: black horses
3rd: white horses
4th grisled and bay horses

yet the Revelation of Jesus Christ
1st: White horse (supersedes the red, the black and the pale)(not significant?)
2nd: Red horse
3rd seal opened: black horse
4th seal opened: pale horse and the name of him that sat on the pale horse was death and hell followed; would pale be grisled, and bay followed?

Why is the white horse 1st in the Revelation of Jesus Christ?

personally the grisled and bay horses …
the pale horse and him that sat was death, and hell followed …reminds me of 2 Corinthians 2:15-16 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: [16] To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

maybe that is the difference in OT and the revelation of Jesus Christ: the savour of death unto death in them that perish; and to the other the savour of Life unto Life. …the order of the horses. “Having passed from death unto Life” “we know that even though the outward man perishes, the inward man is renewed daily” And who is sufficient for those things?

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
why are they are in different order in Zechariah 6.
That the Prophesies differ slightly makes no difference. They must be talking about the same troubles, or we are just left in confusion.

The point is that the world HAS experienced murderous wars, there HAVE been terrible famines and plagues.
The only additional thing that Jesus did at His Ascension, was to open the Fifth Seal and the Christian martyrs from Stephen and still happening today; their souls kept under the Altar in heaven.

We await the Sixth Seal; the event which will set the scene for a One World Govt and all the rest of what is Prophesied for the end times.

Reactions: shortangel

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That the Prophesies differ slightly makes no difference. They must be talking about the same troubles, or we are just left in confusion.

The point is that the world HAS experienced murderous wars, there HAVE been terrible famines and plagues.
The only additional thing that Jesus did at His Ascension, was to open the Fifth Seal and the Christian martyrs from Stephen and still happening today; their souls kept under the Altar in heaven.

We await the Sixth Seal; the event which will set the scene for a One World Govt and all the rest of what is Prophesied for the end times.

which do you say is first then? The red horses or the white horse?

is the black horses 2nd or is the red horse second? That is all I’m asking? When communicating to others what order do you place them in?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
which do you say is first then? The red horses or the white horse?
Basically; all four 'horsemen' have come and they operate concurrently.
In various parts of the world there can be war, elsewhere; famine, while plagues rage on all over. This is our human lot until Jesus Returns.

The first five Seals are open and we do experience the effects of them.
Our most immediate concern should be to be prepared for the worldwide disaster of the Sixth Seal.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Basically; all four 'horsemen' have come and they operate concurrently.
In various parts of the world there can be war, elsewhere; famine, while plagues rage on all over. This is our human lot until Jesus Returns.

The first five Seals are open and we do experience the effects of them.
Our most immediate concern should be to be prepared for the worldwide disaster of the Sixth Seal.

I think we have talked before about the 6th seal before and you suggested satellites as possible stars that fall.

(Imo) the stars that fall are messengers who are false. To me it is men that fall and are moved out of high places. They being who go to try to hide themselves for the wrath of the Lamb. For example …they won’t come to the light that their deeds be made manifest. Instead they try to hide themselves. Complete destruction of the world to me speaks of: until this age passes. Maybe that is all wrong but still, I don’t think it is literal stars that fall…those stars light being put out.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe everything happens for a reason, even bad things.
The world is getting farther and farther away from God. And to me it looks like we're on the precipice of Sodom and Gomorrah.
These horses may be a kind of final warning to repent and return to God.
But even Revelation says that they just keep heading off the cliff.

Rev 9:17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.
Rev 9:18 By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.
Rev 9:19 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.
Rev 9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
Rev 9:21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

This is where our faith is tested. Those horses aren't unleashed upon God's people. They are unleashed upon those that turned their backs on him.
Nevertheless we will still feel the repercussions of what is taking place, because we exist on the earth.
And yet, we are the voices and the witnesses crying out to the world: If you repent, God may have mercy on you.
But they are so deaf and so blind. All they see is their own power, and their own willingness to control everything and everyone.
And once they put the ball in motion, nothing will be able to stop what is coming.
Our ecosystem is strong and yet delicate at the same time. It can take a lot of abuse and neglect from nature. God has fail safes put in for recovery. But when man upsets the balance of unnatural sources, it is more difficult and takes much longer for nature to right itself.

GMO's, gene splicing. pesticides, manufactured fertilizers, weed killers....
All of these have weakened the earths "immune system" .
The remedy to allowing the earth to replenish it's nutrients, was to allow it to rest 1 year out of every 7.
But people got glutoneous and ate more than what was needed. And became wasteful while others in other parts of the world starved.
What goes around, comes around.
But what is happening now is a deliberate reduction in all agriculture around the world by the globalists, to bring us to our knees so we will submit to them for a morsel of bread or a bit of crumbs.
The energy sector is being compromised so come winter, many will freeze and starve.
This is depopulation Agenda 2030. This is their idea of how to maintain "equality" with the earth.
The earth has a way of shaking off it's own fleas, it doesn't need man's assistance.

It's all about control. Whether it's the power to conquer other nations and lands, wars, famines or biological warfare, it all comes down to control and submitting oneself to the beast.

By now you should already have at least 3 months of food stored. You should be prepared with alternative heat sources. You should have water and blankets and whatever you would need if you knew a storm was coming and the electricity would go out, the roads could get blocked, the phone lines aren't working. Like a Blizzard or a Hurricane. Only instead of a few days, we may need a few years.
Because crops don't grow overnight. And the damage done to the soil, now they want to eliminate natural cow dung fertilizer...
The bees are dying off. Big Corporations like Nestle's and Coca Cola, draining all the water out of the reservoirs making it hard to water the land.

Yeah, we're in for a hell of time. Be ready. Be prepared.
Understand that this has to happen. People won't wake up to their sins until they have their eyes opened.
And God is going to open a lot of eyes.
But keep the faith. Know that God is in control.
And trust Him.
And when the time is right, all that should be, will be right again.

It has to be this way.
Hugs
Your quote of revelation 9:21 is interesting if you look up the Greek word translated as “sorceries.” It’s the word we get pharmacy from…

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe everything happens for a reason, even bad things.
The world is getting farther and farther away from God. And to me it looks like we're on the precipice of Sodom and Gomorrah.
These horses may be a kind of final warning to repent and return to God.
But even Revelation says that they just keep heading off the cliff.

There is a point in time when repentance is no longer found in mankind and that is when judgment begins. Revelation 9:20-21 At the sixth trumpet. Everything up until then repentance is possible... keep that in your memory, as we preach the Gospel until that time.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The black horse of famine though, I wonder if it has more to do with the famine for hearing God…than it has to do with literal bread. Because I think of verses like: don’t work for the bread that perishes. Even in trying to look up that verse …another comes up in Luke about not having enough bread to spare and perishing with hunger. To me that all points to Christ who said He is the bread, and how if any thirst or Hungers to come to Him. Even Paul spoke of nothing can separate them from the love of God…one in the list was famine.

in those passages of the black horse and famine…it is familiar. Do we not read it every day and debate over the parable about bread and wheat. For example the balances …and how God hates an unjust balance. And “wheat” which if I’m not mistaken we talk about leaven …but we don’t apply it to literal bread that is leavened. And a “penny” …most of all the “bread” which Christ referred to as Himself. Famine, wheat, balances, and bread …when the black horse goes out…what Famine is being spoke of? on the bright side…there is the parable of the bread and fish.

Yep, the Amos 8:11 Scripture is about a spiritual famine for not hearing The Word of God prophesied for the end.

lightlysalted

Jul 30, 2022
DownEast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a point in time when repentance is no longer found in mankind and that is when judgment begins. Revelation 9:20-21 At the sixth trumpet. Everything up until then repentance is possible... keep that in your memory, as we preach the Gospel until that time.
Thinking about Lot. And the society in which he lived at the time. He didn't rage against the people. He simply sat in the gate vexing his soul.
When the messengers came he tried to protect them instead of handing them over to the crowd.
At that point there was no longer any repentance for Sodom. The sand in their hour glass had run out.
All we can do is stand on our principles and morals and pray.
Defend those who are wrongfully being attacked. It could be they will be angels that save you in the end.
The Storm is upon us.
Keep your heads on a swivel.
Hugs
(ziggy)

Reactions: David H.

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i hope there isn't another post on this topic but with inflation & gas prices & food shortages does anyone think that the black horse of famine mentioned in Rev 6 is happening? i kind of think it is but i just wanted some opinions on this topic

If the horsemen are not riding... they are saddled and chomping at the bit.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I don’t understand this (it’s not about the black horse but I know zig won’t mind. )
So…it takes about 30 kw of electricity to charge an electric car to travel 100 miles. 30 kw is what the average home uses per day to run the home. So, if you travel about 40-50 miles one way for work (90-100 miles round trip) and you have an electric car, you have doubled your daily use of fossil fuels…?

I don’t think anyone is that stupid, so…what is this about?

Your electric consumption (and your electricity bill) would actually double.

The average cost per kw is 10.42 cents. I’m bad at math but I think that’s about 31.00 to charge your car every night. At $4 per gallon and 20 miles per gallon, it would be about $20 to make that same trip to work per day. HOWEVER, your $20 purchase of gas did not take anywhere near 30 kw hours to produce.

I feel like I’m at the carnival with $10 in my pocket trying not to get gypped…

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I researched further because the maths was beyond me, to find out how many kw/h it takes to make a gallon of gasoline, from start to finish. I’m told that, all told, it’s between 2 to 3 kw. So, kw to fill tank versus kw to charge is 10-15 versus 30.
The 10-15 is depending on if it’s summer blend or winter blend gasoline so 12.5 is the middle average. So 12.5 kw versus 30 kw to charge.
So there’s MORE than a doubling of daily fossil fuel use if you own an electric car in the example I gave.

lightlysalted

Jul 30, 2022
DownEast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, eventually it won't be economical to travel. Everyone will work from home. Home will be consolidated into cubicles in cities where everything you need will be delivered by Amazon drones. Most people will live in a kind of virtual reality. Everyone will be allotted a certain amount of food and water daily. You Will Own Nothing And Be Happy.
The only answer to 1984 is 1776.
And they're pushing for it.
We're just a bunch of useless eaters in their eyes anyways.
Who is Noah Harari?

Yuval Noah Harari is a lead advisor for Klaus Schwab. Klaus Schwab is the author of COVID-19 / The Great Reset and the founder of The World Economic Forum. Klaus Schwab and the World Economic Forum Are Implementing “The Great Reset.” Yuval is praised by the likes of Klaus Schwab, Barack Obama, Mark Zuckerberg, and Bill Gates, who reviewed Harari’s latest book on the cover of the New York Times Book Review. Harari speaks at the World Economic Forum at Davos, New York Times, Stanford, TED, and TimesTalks. At the time of this writing, his books occupied the top two slots on the New York Times’ nonfiction best-seller list”.

Yuval Harari: what to do with all of these useless people?

You won't need electric cars. You won't be travelling much anyways.
Baaaaa

Unless your one of the elites with your own private jet and transportation

Hugs
ziggy