The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course not. I know what it is now after listening to you and your people.

I no more believe Catholic sacred traditions about 'Mary', than I do about the Roman religion of Vesta, which are one and the same by different names.

I'm a Christian. I believe in Jesus Christ and His gospel according to the Scriptures.

Doesn't mean I can't be impressed by the salvaging of the Roman religion by your Catholic founders, with the use of partial Christian truths and names, while other pagan religions were passing away.

Hello robert,

Our 'Catholic founders' conquered those pagan religions with the Gospel!

And Malachi 1:11 is fulfilled!

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary was already blessed in Lk 1:28 before consenting to our salvation

perpetual virgin

The Bible never says anyone is a biological child of Mary accept for Jesus Christ!

And the Bible says Her child is holy! And Her child is God!

Is 7:14 God provides a sign, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son! (Singular, one son)

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

(Mary had become the dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone?)

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

(The Bible says only the Holy Ghost conceived in Mary)

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
(A son singular) (only Jesus is savior)

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee!

Blessed art thou amongst all women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
(The fruit of Her womb is blessed and holy)

Lk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
(A son, singular)

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(This verse imply’s a vow of perpetual virginity, She refuses even the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our savior if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(Her son is God)

Matt 1:25 He knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.

Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Until only states that they had no relation up to that point, the Bible does not say they had sex ever, before or after that point!

First born does not imply a second born. An only child is still first born!
2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.

And so, in the end, they must always lie about Scripture in order to keep their false doctrine.

Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.

The good thing about hiding the scriptures in our hearts, is that we can spot a lie of the devil by manipulation of Scripture right off.

Basic English grammar is still basic English grammar:

Joseph knew not his wife, until Jesus was born.

And Michael had no children unto her death.

If Scripture had said a woman had no children until her death, then Scripture would have been speaking of a mother dying in childbirth.

But of course, Scripture didn't say that about Michael. The one saying that is a liar, because the truth is not in them.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello robert,

And Malachi 1:11 is fulfilled!

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

And so, you acknowledge your Catholic 'founders'.

Not Jesus Christ.

Your Catholic founders covered the pagan religion of Rome with Christian names and types, in order to salvage their ancient worship of Saturn and the Virgin Mother Vesta and Sacred Hearth-Womb of fire.

You give lip service to Scripture, while holding fervently to the Sacred traditions of ancient Rome.

So, no thanks. I'm not interested in your mystical adultery.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary was already blessed in Lk 1:28 before consenting to our salvation

perpetual virgin

The Bible never says anyone is a biological child of Mary accept for Jesus Christ!

And the Bible says Her child is holy! And Her child is God!

Is 7:14 God provides a sign, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son! (Singular, one son)

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

(Mary had become the dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone?)

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

(The Bible says only the Holy Ghost conceived in Mary)

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
(A son singular) (only Jesus is savior)

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee!

Blessed art thou amongst all women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
(The fruit of Her womb is blessed and holy)

Lk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
(A son, singular)

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(This verse imply’s a vow of perpetual virginity, She refuses even the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our savior if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(Her son is God)

Matt 1:25 He knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Until only states that they had no relation up to that point, the Bible does not say they had sex ever, before or after that point!

Sigh. Believe me. I am not surprised by your complete loss of rational intelligence. It is the natural result of feverishly clinging to mystically Sacred traditions.

But in the realm of reality, there is only a 'firstborn', when there are others born thereafter.

Otherwise, they are called 'only born' or 'only begotten'.

And Canaan begat Sidon his firstborn, and Heth...

And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old...

And Jacob said unto his father, I am Esau thy firstborn...

And Laban said, It must not be so done in our country, to give the younger before the firstborn.

The sons of Leah; Reuben, Jacob's firstborn, and Simeon, and Levi, and Judah, and Issachar, and Zebulun...

And they sat before him, the firstborn according to his birthright, and the youngest according to his youth...

And unto David were sons born in Hebron: and his firstborn was Amnon...

And Jesse begat his firstborn Eliab, and Abinadab the second, and Shimma the third...

Etc, etc, etc...

Jesus being the firstborn of Mary, and yet the only begotten of God, proves Mary had other children after Jesus.

Good job at disproving your own sacred tradition.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not. I know what it is now after listening to you and your people.

I no more believe Catholic sacred traditions about 'Mary', than I do about the Roman religion of Vesta, which are one and the same by different names.

I'm a Christian. I believe in Jesus Christ and His gospel according to the Scriptures.

Doesn't mean I can't be impressed by the salvaging of the Roman religion by your Catholic founders, with the use of partial Christian truths and names, while other pagan religions were passing away.

actually you do believe at least 85 percent of catholic dogma

why do you believe the rule of faith for Christians is the “Bible alone”?

where does the Bible say so?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not by “faith alone” “Faith alone” not biblical. “Faith alone” never given in prophesy in the OT. You may think “Accept Jesus Christ as you personal Lord and savior” is biblical but there is no such verse in your bible!

And Scriptural proof of doctrine of God became necessary, when?

Afterall, nowhere does Scripture prophecy nor declare Mary Ever-Virgin Mother of God and Queen of Heaven with Scared Womb to boot.

The hypocrisy of them that reject Sola Scriptura is never plainer here.

Nevertheless faith alone is indeed dead (James 2). We must be doers of the Word and not hearers only (James 1). And the Word is written in all Scripture for us to read, hear, and obey.

The closest the Sacred traditions of the religion of Rome come to Scripture, is by Christian names and teachings dressing it up for cover.

there is no such verse in your bible!

True, it is our Bible. Not yours. But we do appreciate you looking into things for us. Outside help isn't always bad.

the dwelling place of God is Holy!

God dwelt in Mary for 9 months

the ark of the covenant was Gods dwelling place it has to be holy so Mary has to be immaculate and holy

Ark of the new covenant!
The dwelling place of God!
God dwelt in Mary’s womb for 9 months, remember the ark was incorruptible wood covered with pure gold signifying Mary’s immaculate purity!
read exodus or any place in the Old Testament where something came into contact with God or was consecrated to the service of God it had to be pure and Holy!
In the ark was the word of God!
In Mary the new ark is the living Word!
In the ark was the mana!
In Mary was the bread come down from heaven! Jn 6
Bethlehem means house to of bread!

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, (Isa 7:14) and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And so, in the end, they must always lie about Scripture in order to keep their false doctrine.

Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.

The good thing about hiding the scriptures in our hearts, is that we can spot a lie of the devil by manipulation of Scripture right off.

Basic English grammar is still basic English grammar:

Joseph knew not his wife, until Jesus was born.

And Michael had no children unto her death.

If Scripture had said a woman had no children until her death, then Scripture would have been speaking of a mother dying in childbirth.

But of course, Scripture didn't say that about Michael. The one saying that is a liar, because the truth is not in them.

still have Lk 1:34

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And so, you acknowledge your Catholic 'founders'.

Of course! The apostles, and those who were united with them. Men like Ignatius, Polycarp, Clement, Cyprian... Do you want an exhaustive list?

Not Jesus Christ.

How disingenuous can one get?
Christ and His Church are one! You reject it at your peril..

Your Catholic founders covered the pagan religion of Rome with Christian names and types, in order to salvage their ancient worship of Saturn and the Virgin Mother Vesta and Sacred Hearth-Womb of fire.

Lies, lies, lies... I suggest you familiarize yourself with the history of the Church..

You give lip service to Scripture, while holding fervently to the Sacred traditions of ancient Rome.

I can name 3, 2000 year old witnesses to the Sacred Traditions of the apostles:
The Church in Rome, the Church in Alexandria and the Church in Constantinople..

Where's your 2000 year old community that teaches otherwise?

But the stone that struck the statue became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

Pax!

Reactions: theefaith

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
still have Lk 1:34
I.e. "ok, I lied about 2 Sam 6:23, but I can still play on Luke 1:34!"

The birth of Jesus by a virgin through the work of the Spirit is Scripture.

Mary doing the work by her own immaculate sacredness is old roman religion of Vesta with a twist from wrested Scripture.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ark of the new covenant!
The dwelling place of God!
God dwelt in Mary’s womb for 9 months, remember the ark was incorruptible wood covered with pure gold signifying Mary’s immaculate purity!
read exodus or any place in the Old Testament where something came into contact with God or was consecrated to the service of God it had to be pure and Holy!
In the ark was the word of God!
In Mary the new ark is the living Word!
In the ark was the mana!
In Mary was the bread come down from heaven! Jn 6
Bethlehem means house to of bread!

This has become child's play. These people are as children in the market playing at being adults. It is 3rd maybe 4th grade level myth-making.

1. Scripture never speaks of God 'dwelling' in the ark of the covenant. He came down and sat upon the mercy seat upon the ark to speak with Moses face to face in the wilderness.

He does however dwell in His temple, which is now the body of Christ.

2. No Scripture speaks of a babe 'dwelling' in the womb of the mother.

3. The ark was not called holy, but rather the ark was in the most holy place of the tabernacle and temple of God, along with the mercy seat.

Mary is never called holy, neither her womb called sacred.

4. Jesus is the manna and bread come down from heaven, after being separated from His mother's womb.

Neither Jesus nor Mary is Bethlehem.

This is all pseudo-scriptural mysticism of the 3rd grade level, in order to reincarnate old Roman Vesta worship into Mary idolatry, and thus shroud it in christian garb.

This would be the true shroud of Turin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Mary was the bread come down from heaven!

And so Mary is supreme in the end. Without being in her, no Christ, no Son of God, no Saviour and Redeemer.

And so, the Roman Catholic religion was never about Jesus being the Christ, and then bringing in pagan worship of Vesta as Mary Mother of God.

The Roman Catholic religion was never about Christianity, but always about using the cover of 'christian' things in order to salvage and maintain the religion of Rome.

Mary worship is not just a sideshow of the Roman Catholic religion, but is the Sacred hearth and fire of it, the Sacred Womb, from which 'christ' is the sideshow to lure in the deceived.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course! The apostles, and those who were united with them. Men like Ignatius, Polycarp, Clement, Cyprian... Do you want an exhaustive list?

How disingenuous can one get?
Christ and His Church are one! You reject it at your peril..

Lies, lies, lies... I suggest you familiarize yourself with the history of the Church..

I can name 3, 2000 year old witnesses to the Sacred Traditions of the apostles:
The Church in Rome, the Church in Alexandria and the Church in Constantinople..

But the stone that struck the statue became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

Pax!
Do you want an exhaustive list?

And become like you? No thanks. I prefer to remain fresh and free from exhaustive lists that never acknowledge the truth.

Christ and His Church are one!

True. Jesus and His church He builds is one body. And He is not one to sit at the table of devils and drink from their cup. Neither do members of His body.

You reject it at your peril...

I quake and tremble. Good thing your religion has been gutted of inquisitional power. But, the spirit remains for perhaps some future date to rise again in all your beastly fury. But, in the meantime, the mouse that roars is a joke.

I have, and with your help I have also become familiar with your religion's founding, for purposes of salvaging the old religion of Rome.

It is you that are deceived about your own religion. You cannot drink from the cup of the Lord and that of Vesta-Mary, and have any faith and fellowship in Jesus Christ.

I can name 3, 2000 year old witnesses to the Sacred Traditions of the apostles: The Church in Rome, the Church in Alexandria and the Church in Constantinople..

You can name them all you want, and if they teach what you believe, then they are as false as the name 'Mary Mother of God'.

There are no Sacred traditions of the apostles of Jesus Christ. Only the traditions of the gospel taught according to the holy Scriptures.

It's called the Bible. Which you corrupt at your own peril.

But hey. That's your choice.

Pax!

Pretty much says it all: Pax Romana.

This is getting too easy.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually you do believe at least 85 percent of catholic dogma

why do you believe the rule of faith for Christians is the “Bible alone”?

where does the Bible say so?
If there is any Catholic dogma pulled out of Scripture for purpose of covering the religion of Rome, such as Jesus was born of a virgin, then I do believe the Scriptures, but not the dogma of the Roman religion that falsely uses Scripture.

And upon reading all your dogma from your people, then Sola Scriptura is an inherent wisdom for the soul.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I.e. "ok, I lied about 2 Sam 6:23, but I can still play on Luke 1:34!"

The birth of Jesus by a virgin through the work of the Spirit is Scripture.

Mary doing the work by her own immaculate sacredness is old roman religion of Vesta with a twist from wrested Scripture.

Oh no it is God who made her immaculate Lk 1:49

sam is still true
There’s also Isa 7:14 matt 1:21

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there is any Catholic dogma pulled out of Scripture for purpose of covering the religion of Rome, such as Jesus was born of a virgin, then I do believe the Scriptures, but not the dogma of the Roman religion that falsely uses Scripture.

And upon reading all your dogma from your people, then Sola Scriptura is an inherent wisdom for the soul.

answer the questions

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More questions

from the “Bible alone”

what is the Bible?

what is the first commandment?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are no Sacred traditions of the apostles of Jesus Christ.

Therefore, brothers, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught, either by an oral statement or by a letter of ours.

Brother,

You really need to try and stop standing in the place of the accusor of your brethren..

Rather:

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things

Consider the Incarnation!

The Author of Life, born as a human boy child... And all creation stands in awe and marvels..

One could spend years just contemplating this...

Pax et Bonum!

Reactions: theefaith

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore, brothers, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught, either by an oral statement or by a letter of ours.

Brother,

You really need to try and stop standing in the place of the accusor of your brethren..

Rather:

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things

Consider the Incarnation!

The Author of Life, born as a human boy child... And all creation stands in awe and marvels..

One could spend years just contemplating this...

Pax et Bonum!

Brother, You really need to try and stop standing in the place of the accusor of your brethren..

As I said: "There are no Sacred traditions of the apostles of Jesus Christ. Only the traditions of the gospel taught according to the holy Scriptures."

I.e. The Sacred traditions of the religion of Rome are not those of the apostles in Scripture.

I am not brother to the Roman religion of the Mother of God Vesta, called Mary of the Sacred Womb.

You keep your Sacred religion of ancient Rome, and I'll stick with the pure religion of the Scriptures only.

Consider the Incarnation! The Author of Life, born as a human boy child... And all creation stands in awe and marvels..

Jesus born of a virgin is Scripture. Mother of God immaculated in her own Sacredness is not.

As I said: You hold to your Sacred traditions of Rome and pseudo-christianity, and I'll keep the traditions written by the apostles of Jesus.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no it is God who made her immaculate Lk 1:49

sam is still true
There’s also Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
As I said: the Spirit of God overshadowing the woman, and the holy child born of a virgin thereby.

And the woman and her husband not confirming the marriage bed, until after His birth.