The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. they do not debunk anything
Ummm you didn't READ them by your own admission - yet you claim they do NOY debunk your position? And THAT'S your argument??

Unbelievable . . .
baptism of the spirit is what saved. Not baptism in water
Picking our cross daily is how we achieve sanctification. Not salvation
Work of mercy and charity will gain is rewards not only in heaven, but in this life
Obeying his commands is impossible for a person who is lost. It is possible fior a child of God, although they will still fall short of the glory of God and will not save you
Doing the will of the father is what believers do. And they are blessed in what they do. But obeying the gospel is first and foremost. Apart from this which no one will be saved
Suffering with Christ is a privilege and an honor. and a priviledge, and will help us grow in oure faith. But it will nto help in our salvation

The penalty of sin is death, the gift of God is life.
Its no being baptised, Picking up a cross, Doing good workd, obeying commands, doing the will of the father (except the gospel) and suffering.

if we could get saved by doing these things, Christ died in vein, and we are saved by works, not grace through faith.

either way, Thank you so very much for proving you trust on your works to save you. Not in Christ.
DOING the will of God and KEEPING His commandments is absolutely for those who ate TRUE believers - which require your COOPERATION in order to receive the grace iwe receive. That's what "believe" means for a follower of Christ.

As for your rejection of the efficacy of Water Baptism - EVERY SINGLE example of Baptism in the NT involved WATER. Receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit is a RESULT of Baptism.

Acts 2:37-38
Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and to the other apostles, "Brothers, what should we do?" Peter said to them, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummm you didn't READ them by your own admission - yet you claim they do NOY debunk your position? And THAT'S your argument??

Unbelievable . . .

DOING the will of God and KEEPING His commandments is absolutely for those who ate TRUE believers - which require your COOPERATION in order to receive the grace iwe receive. That's what "believe" means for a follower of Christ.

As for your rejection of the efficacy of Water Baptism - EVERY SINGLE example of Baptism in the NT involved WATER. Receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit is a RESULT of Baptism.

Acts 2:37-38
Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and to the other apostles, "Brothers, what should we do?" Peter said to them, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Yawn

I obey because I am Gods child
Not because I want to earn Gods love

that’s what separates you an me
I received his gift . And out of gratitude wish to become more like him

you are trying to earn his salvation. So to you it is all about works. Or sacrifices you do

I became as the tax collector.
Your to busy pumping your chest telling everyone how great you are because if all you do

eternal life is eternal. If it was conditional god would have called it conditional life

you keep your conditional life. I will cherish my eternal life

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yawn

you are trying to earn his salvation. So to you it is all about works. Or sacrifices you do

No - you're God's child BECAUSE you obey, not the other way around.

Faith and the obedience of faith are not automatic. They require our response - our cooperation (Matt. 7:21, Rom. 1:5, 16:26, Gal. 5:6, James 2:14-24).N
Your to busy pumping your chest telling everyone how great you are because if all you do
eternal life is eternal. If it was conditional god would have called it conditional life
Salvation is absolutely conditional - and the Bible teaches this repeatedly
(Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 10:12, 1 Tim. 4:1, 1 Tim. 4:16, 2 Tim. 2:12, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb. 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:20-21, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19).

". . . IF you remain faithful . . ."
"ONLY the one who DOES the will of my Father . . ."
"The one who ENDURED to the end . . ."

These are CONDUTOINS.

The fact that you couldn't address any of these verses shows me that you are as afraid of them as the ones that speak of the Eucharist that you also ran from . . .

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yawn
What a big fat lie. Earning salvation is a heresy called Pelagianism. Earning salvation with works or sacrifices has been condemned repeatedly throughout history.
The Second Council of Orange (529 A.D.), accepted as dogma by the Catholic Church, dogmatically taught in its Canon 7:

If anyone asserts that we can, by our natural powers, think as we ought, or choose any good pertaining to the salvation of eternal life . . . without the illumination and inspiration of the Holy Spirit . . . he is misled by a heretical spirit . . . [goes on to cite Jn 15:5, 2 Cor 3:5]

Eternally Grateful can't stop lying about this.

Likewise, the ecumenical Council of Trent (1545-63): Chapter 5, Decree on Justification:

. . . Man . . . is not able, by his own free-will, without the grace of God, to move himself unto justice in His sight.

Canon I on Justification:

If anyone saith that man may be justified before God by his own works, whether done through the teaching of human nature or that of the law, without the grace of God through Jesus Christ; let him be anathema.

Eternally Grateful can't stop lying about this. Neither can false Calvinist teachers who write books and videos perpetuating this LIE.
See further reading here.

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
You could say the very SAME thig about the Trinity - yet this is the most BASIC tenet of the Christian faith.

I challenged ANYONE to give a reasoned Scriptural rebuttal of the Scriptural argument I made in post #694.
Your response is yet another dodge.

I'm not dodging anything. You think - without having any proof - that the OT/NT passages have to be a type/antitype regarding the Ark of the Covenant and Mary, and I don't see any reason to think that that they have to be.
BTW, you're dodging my question to you about the epistles not mentioning her which is a fact. Your assertion about the type/antitype is pure speculation.

re: "You could say the very SAME thig about the Trinity..."

And I do. If it was intended to be the most BASIC tenet of the Christian faith why do you suppose Paul, James, John, etc. never included the Holy Spirit in any of their epistle's salutations?

The Messiah says that only He has seen the Father (John 6:46; Luke 10:22). How can the Holy Spirit be a literal, equal being without ever seeing the Father?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a big fat lie. Earning salvation is a heresy called Pelagianism. Earning salvation with works or sacrifices has been condemned repeatedly throughout history.
The Second Council of Orange (529 A.D.), accepted as dogma by the Catholic Church, dogmatically taught in its Canon 7:

If anyone asserts that we can, by our natural powers, think as we ought, or choose any good pertaining to the salvation of eternal life . . . without the illumination and inspiration of the Holy Spirit . . . he is misled by a heretical spirit . . . [goes on to cite Jn 15:5, 2 Cor 3:5]

Eternally Grateful can't stop lying about this.

Likewise, the ecumenical Council of Trent (1545-63): Chapter 5, Decree on Justification:

. . . Man . . . is not able, by his own free-will, without the grace of God, to move himself unto justice in His sight.

Canon I on Justification:

If anyone saith that man may be justified before God by his own works, whether done through the teaching of human nature or that of the law, without the grace of God through Jesus Christ; let him be anathema.

Eternally Grateful can't stop lying about this. Neither can false Calvinist teachers who write books and videos perpetuating this LIE.
See further reading here.
1. EG is not Calvinist, if you have a thing against them take it to them
2 earning salvation is doing a work of righteousness for the means of receiving keeping and ir failing to lose salvation or eternal life

the Eucharist
Baptism
Penance

all just huge examples of things you must do to earn your salvation

don’t blame Calvin because calves n did not enforce those works as required for salvation

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not dodging anything. You think - without having any proof - that the OT/NT passages have to be a type/antitype regarding the Ark of the Covenant and Mary, and I don't see any reason to think that that they have to be.
BTW, you're dodging my question to you about the epistles not mentioning her which is a fact. Your assertion about the type/antitype is pure speculation.
Typology is the study of foreshadow, it has nothing to do with speculation.

And I do. If it was intended to be the most BASIC tenet of the Christian faith why do you suppose Paul, James, John, etc. never included the Holy Spirit in any of their epistle's salutations?
Because the full doctrine of the Holy Spirit as a divine Person took 5 centuries to develop.
Matt. 12:31; Luke 12:10 – Jesus says blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. Only God can be blasphemed.
John 4:24 – God is a spirit (the Holy Spirit) and they who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. Only God is worshiped.
John 14:16,26; 15:26; 16:7 – the Father and the Son send the Counselor, the Holy Spirit – Isaiah 9:6 – the Counselor is Mighty God.
Acts 5:3-4,9 – Peter tells Ananias that he lied to the Holy Spirit, and that he has not lied to men, but to God (the Holy Spirit).
Acts 28:25-27 – the Holy Spirit said “Go to this people and say…” – Isaiah 6:8-10 – the Lord said “Go to this people and say…”
Rom. 8:11 – the Spirit that raised Jesus up from the dead – Gal. 1:1 – God the Father raised Jesus from the dead.
1 Cor. 2:10 – the Spirit searches everything – Jer. 17:10 – the Lord searches the heart.
1 Cor. 3:16 – you are the temple of God – 1 Cor. 6:19 – you are the temple of the Holy Spirit.
1 Cor. 12:4-6 – there are varieties of gifts but the same Spirit, varieties of service but the same Lord, varieties of working but same God.
2 Cor. 3:6,17 – we are ministers of the covenant in the Spirit which gives life. Now the Lord (God) is the Spirit.
Heb. 10:16 – the Holy Spirit said this is the covenant I will make – Jer. 31:33 – the Lord said this is the covenant I will make.
1 Peter 1:2 – we are sanctified by the Holy Spirit – 1 Thess. 5:23 – the very God of peace sanctifies you wholly.
Acts 15:25,28 – it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us. The Holy Spirit, as a divine person, thinks and makes judgments.
Rom. 8:26 – the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words. It is the Spirit Himself, not itself.
Rom. 8:16 – it is the Spirit Himself bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God. The Spirit is a person.
Rom. 15:30 – I appeal to you by the Lord Jesus and the love of the Spirit. Only persons, rational beings, can love.
1 Cor. 12:11 – the Holy Spirit apportions His gifts to each one individually as He wills. He is the third person of the Godhead.
II. The Holy Spirit is a Person
Luke 12:12 – the Holy Spirit will teach you in that hour what you ought to say. He (the Holy Spirit) teaches the faithful.
John 14:17 – the world neither sees Him or knows Him (“Him” is referring to the Holy Spirit). You know Him for He dwells with you.
John 14:26 – the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all I have said to you.
John 15:26 – the Spirit, who proceeds from the Father, He will bear witness to me. He = the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a person, not a thing.
John 16:7 – if I do not go, the Counselor will not come to you. But if I go, I (Jesus) will send Him to you.
John 16:7 – this verse also proves the filioque (that the Holy Spirit proceeds from both the Father and the Son). The Father isn’t just loving the Son; the Son is loving the Father in return, in the same Spirit of love. Therefore, the Spirit proceeds from both the Father and the Son.
John 16: 8 – when He (the Holy Spirit) comes, He will convince the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment.
John 16:13-14 – when the Spirit of truth comes He will guide you into all truth. He will speak, He will declare and He will glorify.
Acts 8:29; 10:19-20; 11:12;13:2; Rev. 22:17 – the Holy Spirit speaks to us like a human person.
John 14:26 – the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all I have said to you.
John 15:26 – the Spirit, who proceeds from the Father, He will bear witness to me. He = the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a person, not a thing.
John 16:7 – if I do not go, the Counselor will not come to you. But if I go, I (Jesus) will send Him to you.
John 16:7 – this verse also proves the filioque (that the Holy Spirit proceeds from both the Father and the Son). The Father isn’t just loving the Son; the Son is loving the Father in return, in the same Spirit of love. Therefore, the Spirit proceeds from both the Father and the Son.
John 16: 8 – when He (the Holy Spirit) comes, He will convince the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment.
John 16:13-14 – when the Spirit of truth comes He will guide you into all truth. He will speak, He will declare and He will glorify.
Acts 8:29; 10:19-20; 11:12;13:2; Rev. 22:17 – the Holy Spirit speaks to us like a human person.
The Messiah says that only He has seen the Father (John 6:46; Luke 10:22). How can the Holy Spirit be a literal, equal being without ever seeing the Father?
That's a speculation. The Holy Spirit shares the same divine substance with the Father so the question is redundant.
The Council of Chalcedon was convened in 451 to address heresy of Eutyches and the Monophysites, and its authoritive verdicts are accepted by Protestants. Orthodox and Catholics. Anti-trinitarians are just a mix of the same heresies of the early church.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is simply NO getting around the fact that the Woman here in Revelation 12 is Mary.
While that may be the Catholic interpretation, it is not necessarily the true meaning of this symbolic woman. If you apply this to Mary then Mary would LITERALLY be going into the wilderness with a pair of wings and with a group of believing Jews to hide from Satan. Which is absurd. Also the seed of this woman does not compare with the Catholic Church and its corrupt hierarchy (including a Communist pope). Mary is in Heaven (not as a queen but as another saint). And that is the end of the story.

REV 12: THE SYMBOLIC WOMAN IN THE WILDERNESS
13 And when the dragon [SATAN] saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

This passage speaks of the time of Jacob's trouble and applies to Israel.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While that may be the Catholic interpretation, it is not necessarily the true meaning of this symbolic woman. If you apply this to Mary then Mary would LITERALLY be going into the wilderness with a pair of wings and with a group of believing Jews to hide from Satan. Which is absurd. Also the seed of this woman does not compare with the Catholic Church and its corrupt hierarchy (including a Communist pope). Mary is in Heaven (not as a queen but as another saint). And that is the end of the story.

REV 12: THE SYMBOLIC WOMAN IN THE WILDERNESS
13 And when the dragon [SATAN] saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

This passage speaks of the time of Jacob's trouble and applies to Israel.
Sooooo - if the Woman in Rev. 12 is NOT Mary and ONLY represents Israel, by YOUR logic, Jews would have to grow wings and fly into the desert.
What a shallow and myopic interpretation.

The Woman represents BOTH Mary AND Israel - May in a more literal sense, having been the one who gave birth to the Messiah and Israel. Remember - Mary also fled into the wilderness (Egypt) after the birth of Jesus to escape Satan's (Herod's) clutches

The fact that the Woman represents BOTH Mary and Israel is what is known as a polyvalent symbolism.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - YOU'RE not saying anything because you have nothing to respond with - NOT because a solid argument wasn't made.

That's false.
I didn't "dodge" your question - YOU simply didn't like my answer.

Like I said - the Trinity isn't specifically named in the Epistles, yet it is a BASIC tenet of Christianity. In fact - those who reject the Trinity are not Christians by definition.

Here's another one: Show me where the Bible teaches a 66 Bool Canon of Scripture.
This is a Protestant invention from the 16th century - yet YOU adhere to it.

Also - show me a SINGLE example of a full-immersion Baptism in the NT.
MOST Protestants will only accept full immersion.

Here's a clue: You won't find EITHER one. . .

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Jesus said, We do greatly err not knowing the Scriptures, which is the natural result of believing things that are not shown by scripture no matter how sacredly they are called.

The Scripture never says Jesus Christ was born of a woman, nor that Jesus Christ has a mother.

The God of Israel was begotten by the Father in the womb of a woman, that was how and when He was born into the world:

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Scripture only says that Christ, the Son of God, was made of a woman and of the seed of David according to the flesh, and so the eternal Word was made flesh.

Mary had two roles in God bringing Christ into the world from heaven: faith to believe the angel of the Lord, and a virgin unadulterated body, to provide flesh for His body prepared by operation of the Holy Ghost. Which body, and especially not womb, was no more sacred than any other body of a virgin before marriage.

The body thou hast prepared me was from the flesh of Mary, even as the body prepared for Eve was from the flesh of Adam.

The first woman came out of a man, and the second Adam came out of a woman.

Jesus Christ was not born of Mary, neither was He her Son, even as Eve was not born of Adam, neither was she his daughter.

By the operation of the Spirit, God made a woman from a man, and then He made the man Christ Jesus from a woman, being born of the Spirit, not of the woman.

Mary was the mother of the body of Jesus from her own flesh, but not the mother of the Lord dwelling in that flesh:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Neither the Lord Jesus' divinity, Godhead, Sonship, nor grace and truth was from the woman, but from the Father only, as the only begotten of the Father.

The God of Israel was begotten only by the Father, not by any mother of flesh.

That is the mystery hidden from the foundation of the world in Christ Jesus: that He would be the second Adam begotten only by God, and not by a woman, though made from her flesh, even as Eve from Adam.

And so, 'Mary' Virgin Mother and Queen of heaven is a myth of so-called sacred tradition, spun out of the old Roman religion of Vesta with sacred fire.

And it is perfectly identified in Scripture as a mother of harlots glorifying herself as a queen that sits in offensive display before the Lord:

How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

That old Roman religion was widowed, when Jesus Christ first came into the world, begotten of the Father by the Spirit, and made of a woman according to the flesh.

If the ancient virgin mother of earth was mother of anyone, it was Nimrod a mighty liar before the Lord.

Bringing in such 'sacred' tradition to Christianity is joining Christianity to an harlot of old Rome, to which Scripture says God forbid! (1 Cor 6)

And so the best thing Catholics can do is to believe Jesus as the true Christ, Who's divinity has eternally been independent of any earthly woman, and be rid of the Mariology myth, that is an offense to God and the real Mary, who is now no doubt in the presence of Her Lord Jesus, as one of the blessed dead in Christ, awaiting the resurrection of that body of flesh by which the God of Israel came into the world.

Reactions: David in NJ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yawn

@Eternally Grateful Romans in the first and last chapters speaks of "the obedience of faith" & "obedience to the faith".

Reactions: amigo de christo

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Jesus said, We do greatly err not knowing the Scriptures, which is the natural result of believing things that are not shown by scripture no matter how sacredly they are called.

The Scripture never says Jesus Christ was born of a woman, nor that Jesus Christ has a mother.

The God of Israel was begotten by the Father in the womb of a woman, that was how and when He was born into the world:

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Scripture only says that Christ, the Son of God, was made of a woman and of the seed of David according to the flesh, and so the eternal Word was made flesh.

Mary had two roles in God bringing Christ into the world from heaven: faith to believe the angel of the Lord, and a virgin unadulterated body, to provide flesh for His body prepared by operation of the Holy Ghost. Which body, and especially not womb, was no more sacred than any other body of a virgin before marriage.

The body thou hast prepared me was from the flesh of Mary, even as the body prepared for Eve was from the flesh of Adam.

The first woman came out of a man, and the second Adam came out of a woman.

Jesus Christ was not born of Mary, neither was He her Son, even as Eve was not born of Adam, neither was she his daughter.

By the operation of the Spirit, God made a woman from a man, and then He made the man Christ Jesus from a woman, being born of the Spirit, not of the woman.

Mary was the mother of the body of Jesus from her own flesh, but not the mother of the Lord dwelling in that flesh:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Neither the Lord Jesus' divinity, Godhead, Sonship, nor grace and truth was from the woman, but from the Father only, as the only begotten of the Father.

The God of Israel was begotten only by the Father, not by any mother of flesh.

That is the mystery hidden from the foundation of the world in Christ Jesus: that He would be the second Adam begotten only by God, and not by a woman, though made from her flesh, even as Eve from Adam.

And so, 'Mary' Virgin Mother and Queen of heaven is a myth of so-called sacred tradition, spun out of the old Roman religion of Vesta with sacred fire.

And it is perfectly identified in Scripture as a mother of harlots glorifying herself as a queen that sits in offensive display before the Lord:

How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

That old Roman religion was widowed, when Jesus Christ first came into the world, begotten of the Father by the Spirit, and made of a woman according to the flesh.

If the ancient virgin mother of earth was mother of anyone, it was Nimrod a mighty liar before the Lord.

Bringing in such 'sacred' tradition to Christianity is joining Christianity to an harlot of old Rome, to which Scripture says God forbid! (1 Cor 6)

And so the best thing Catholics can do is to believe Jesus as the true Christ, Who's divinity has eternally been independent of any earthly woman, and be rid of the Mariology myth, that is an offense to God and the real Mary, who is now no doubt in the presence of Her Lord Jesus, as one of the blessed dead in Christ, awaiting the resurrection of that body of flesh by which the God of Israel came into the world.

Well articulated and dispersed.
Thank you,
former RCC lost soul who now is Alive in Christ and free from religion

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@rstrats
His point is he has been indoctrinated with lies, repeats them, can't verify them with Scripture, then does as he was taught;
Accuse others to deflect from his own lies.

His pattern is Nothing new. He is always right, everyone else is wrong, if one dares to question...Deflect to Accusations.

:rolleyes: Delusional.
Interesting take you have there Taken (how do you like that play on words :)) You believe that @BreadOfLife has been "indoctrinated" because he follows and defends the teachings of The Church.

Whose teaching do you follow and defend?

Curious Mary

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting take you have there Taken (how do you like that play on words :)) You believe that @BreadOfLife has been "indoctrinated" because he follows and defends the teachings of The Church.

Curious Mary

Eh, BOL follows and defends the teachings of the “Catholic” church, same as you.

I agree, follow and am a member of Jesus’ Church built upon the Rock, who is Christ. Christ Jesus’ Church requires no defense.
Your choice, “believe it or not”.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one true church all other are false
And the Tradition of men

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Song of Moses - Deut 32

Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak;
And hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
Let my teaching drop as the rain,
My speech distill as the dew,
As raindrops on the tender herb,
And as showers on the grass.
For I proclaim the name of the Lord:
Ascribe greatness to our God.
He is the Rock
, His work is perfect;
For all His ways are justice,
A God of truth and without injustice;
Righteous and upright is He.

Reactions: Cassandra

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one true church all other are false
And the Tradition of men

RCC is just loaded with traditions of sinful men - run from it and throw yourself at the feet of Jesus to Eternal Life in Christ Jesus the LORD.

Song of Moses - Deut ch32

Give ear,
O heavens, and I will speak;
And hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
Let my teaching drop as the rain,
My speech distill as the dew,
As raindrops on the tender herb,
And as showers on the grass.
For I proclaim the name of the Lord:
Ascribe greatness to our God.
He is the Rock
, His work is perfect;
For all His ways are justice,
A God of truth and without injustice;
Righteous and upright is He.

Last edited: