The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG

the bread of life is the bread which came down from heaven, which one will eat of it and not die.
John 6:
47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”
WRONG

In the Bread of Life discourse in John 6 – Jesus makes it blindingly clear what He means.

John 6:53-58
Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

The regular Greek verb for human eating us Phago – but this is NOT the word Jesus uses here. The word used here is Trogo, which is the way an animal rips apart and gnaws on his food.
THISS is why the crowd grumbled and said in verse 60:
On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”

Jesus, explains to them that they don’t understand because they are NOT thinking spiritually – but as mere humans. THEY think He means that they need to eat His tissue and veinsNOT realizing that He will give them His flesh and blood SACRAMENTALLY.

This is why He tells them:
John 6:65
“This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

What happens next can be compared to the very first Protestants . . .
John 6:66

From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

Does Jesus stop them to explain further?
NO. He turns to the Twelve and asks:
John 6:67
Do you ALSO want to leave?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. - Luke 2:7

Noting the wording “firstborn son” indicating she would have other children. The way to the Holy of Holies, where the Ark once laid, was not available to all but through the Lord Jesus Christ…

And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom. - Mark 15:38

And… What was Mary doing? I would say looking with the other women, “afar off”

There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome; - Mark 15:40
For your information - the term "Firstborn" in Jewish culture simply means, "The one who opens the mother's womb" (Exod. 13:12, 12, Luke 2:23).
It has absolutely NOTHING to do with subsequent children.

As for the veil in the Temple and the Ark - this is irrelevant.
Mary is the FULFILLMENT of the Ark.

Please go back and read post #701.

Reactions: Marymog

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL - SHOCKING....eh...not LOL...
Nothing new. You made a WILD claim that Scripture does not verify.

LOL funny. You present NOTHING to Debate.
Then is should be easy to REFUTE post #701.

Apparently, you can't . . .

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For your information - the term "Firstborn" in Jewish culture simply means, "The one who opens the mother's womb" (Exod. 13:12, 12, Luke 2:23).
It has absolutely NOTHING to do with subsequent children.

As for the veil in the Temple and the Ark - this is irrelevant.
Mary is the FULFILLMENT of the Ark.

Please go back and read post #701.
It was asked of Paul and Silas...

Sirs, what must I do to be saved? - Acts 16:30

And the answer?

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. - Acts 16:31

Nothing about Arks, churches, denominations, The Mother Mary, or any of that. Just pure simple faith in Christ.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is that YOU are not the Ark of the Covenant because the Holy Spirit dwells within you - ANY MORE than those in the OT were the Ark of the Covenant when they were also filled with the Spirit.

Mary
is the fulfillment of the Ark of the Covenant - and NO amount of cheap denial from you OR @Taken or anybody else is going to change this fact - especially what NONE of you has been able to refute the overwhelming Scriptural evidence presented in post #701.

Let me know when you're ready to discuss those verses . . .

@rstrats
His point is he has been indoctrinated with lies, repeats them, can't verify them with Scripture, then does as he was taught;
Accuse others to deflect from his own lies.

His pattern is Nothing new. He is always right, everyone else is wrong, if one dares to question...Deflect to Accusations.

:rolleyes: Delusional.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then is should be easy to REFUTE post #701.

Apparently, you can't . . .

LOL - Laughable

YOU SAID:

Post # 701 Mary is the NEW ARK

YOU LISTED over a dozen Scriptures in
Your post # 701.

NOT ONE Scripture you listed in post # 701 Said....

Mary is the New Ark

It's nearly 100 posts later, and What you have done is repeat over and over, a reference to your post # 701..

LOL...NOT one Scripture you listed in post # 701 says ANYTHING about...

Mary is the New Ark

LOL....nothing new, same ole indoctrinated gaslighter... funny and sad.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And the answer?

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. - Acts 16:31

Nothing about Arks, churches, denominations, The Mother Mary, or any of that. Just pure simple faith in Christ.

Some people can NOT stay IN CONTEXT of WHAT IS, and WHAT IS NOT "according TO" WHAT IS and WHAT IS NOT "in a Specific POINT IN TIME".

Moses was, Abram was, Isaac was, Jacob was, David was, Joseph was, Mary was........all Earthly Natural born humans from an Earthly mans Natural Corrupt seed...
WHICH in a particular POINT IN TIME, "according to WHAT God wanted to REVEAL and WHEN, were Favored, were Called, Agreed.

Mary was a Favorable CHOICE, at a Specific point in time, TO receive from Heaven, carry in her Virgin Womb and deliver forth...
The Son of man, called "her" first born.

What was REVEALED AFTER his birth, IS NOT WHAT "WAS", before His birth.

Mary did not deliver forth the Son of God...or God Himself...
Any more than Maryanne Trump delievered forth the President of the United States.

Mary's Virgin Womb received A "holy thing"', That God Sent Down from Heaven, TO Mary's Virgin Womb, BY the Power of God.
WHAT was that Holy Thing called?
A "holy thing"!
And then SAID, to call that "holy thing" JESUS.

Luke 1
[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Matt 1
[21] And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS:

IT IS "AFTER" the birth of the Son of man...
Born of Mary...IN CONTEXT according to a Specific Time line...SHALL this "holy thing", THEN BE REVEALED...additional things.

Prophecy FORETELLS.
Prophecy IS NOT effected UNTIL it is manifested.
ONCE manifested, WHAT was called "SHALL BE"...IS.
Pretending...teaching...WHAT was Clearly taught "SHALL BE",
BY Falsely saying ....."THEREFORE IS",
before manifested...
"IS A FALSE TEACHING".

Mary did not deliver ... the Son of God...
Prophecy clearly teaches...JESUS...
WOULD BE CALLED...the Son of God....
Jesus was 30+ years old BEFORE the manifestation of THAT prophecy was revealed.

FURTHER...Scripture expressly reveals WHY Mary WAS Favored ... which SHOULD have been taught, INSTEAD of making up a doctine that is completely outside of Scriptural Truth.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

And the answer?

@rockytopva "by grace...through faith...not of works" (Ephesians 2.8-9), right? :)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG

In the Bread of Life discourse in John 6 – Jesus makes it blindingly clear what He means.

John 6:53-58
Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

The regular Greek verb for human eating us Phago – but this is NOT the word Jesus uses here. The word used here is Trogo, which is the way an animal rips apart and gnaws on his food.
THISS is why the crowd grumbled and said in verse 60:
On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”

Jesus, explains to them that they don’t understand because they are NOT thinking spiritually – but as mere humans. THEY think He means that they need to eat His tissue and veinsNOT realizing that He will give them His flesh and blood SACRAMENTALLY.

This is why He tells them:
John 6:65
“This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

What happens next can be compared to the very first Protestants . . .
John 6:66

From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

Does Jesus stop them to explain further?
NO. He turns to the Twelve and asks:
John 6:67
Do you ALSO want to leave?
Wrong

whoever ate the bread from heaven the flesh and blood and the food that endured to eternal life

1 would never hunger and thirst vs 35
2 will by no means be cast out vs 37
3. Will never be lost but be raised. Vs 39
4. Has eternal life will be raised on the last day vs 40
5. Raised on the last day vs 44
6. Has eternal life vs 47
7. Will eat and not die. Vs 50
8. Will eat and live forever vs 51
9 whoever eats flesh and blood has eternal life and will be raised on last day vs 54
10. Whoever eats will live forever vs 58

the Eucharist does not offer any of this my friend. You eat and can still die. Your bread has no power. It’s not the bread of life. It is death

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong

whoever ate the bread from heaven the flesh and blood and the food that endured to eternal life

9 whoever eats flesh and blood has eternal life and will be raised on last day vs 54

the Eucharist does not offer any of this my friend. You eat and can still die. Your bread has no power. It’s not the bread of life. It is death

Correct. IN CONTEXT.
* EAT is to ACCEPT the Offering of Conversion of the Lord ... "IN" the person and forever the Lord IS WITH the person...Kept By Gods POWER for ever. (OSAS)
* TASTE is to TRY out the Offering of the Lord "WITH" a person... Experience His Blessing, (BUT IS NOT A Conversion).
This person IS "kept" by his own power to endure, and REMAINS vunerable to the temptations of cunning EVIL spirits AND WICKED men.

Has Eaten
* John 14:
[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
* Rom 8:
[11] But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Has TASTED...spit it out
Heb. 6:
[4] For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost...

Correct....HAS EATEN,
Eats mans bread, drinks mans wine...
"IN a tribute REMEMBRANCE" of the Lord Gods "OFFERING" of His Body, Once and For All."

Eph 5:
[2] And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Heb 10:
[10] By the which will we are sanctified through theoffering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Offered Once, Given Once, Received IN a man Once...

Glory to God,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And the answer?

Ans people like you erroneously think that "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ" simply means to have a "belief" in Him because you cherry-pick this ONE verse out of context.
Unfortunately for YOU - the Bible is crystal clear what "Believing" in Christ means - which is to have true faith.

That's why James tells us the even the DEMONS believe in the truths about God (James 2:19).
Are they saved? NO.
In Matt. 19:16, the rich young ruler asks Jesus what he must do to be saved.
Jesus tells him that he must keep the commandments (Matt. 19:17).

The Apostles are asked at Pentecost by the crowd:
Acts 2:37
Brothers, what must we do?

Peter tells them that they must be BAPTIZED for the forgiveness of sins and they will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38).

Biblically-speaking - "Believing" in Christ means . . .
- Being baptized (Matt. 28:19-20, John 3:5, Rom. 2:29, Rom. 6:1-11, Col. 2:12-17, 1 Peter 3:21)
- Picking up our cross daily to follow him (Matt. 16:24, Luke 9:23)
- Works of mercy and charity (Matt. 19:21, 25:31–46, Luke 18:22)
- Obeying his commandments (John 14:15, 15:10)
- Doing the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21, James 1:22)
- Suffering with Christ (Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, John 12:24, Rom. 8:17, 2 Cor. 1:5-7, Eph. 3:13, Phil. 1:29, 2 Tim. 1:8, 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@rstrats
His point is he has been indoctrinated with lies, repeats them, can't verify them with Scripture, then does as he was taught;
Accuse others to deflect from his own lies.

His pattern is Nothing new. He is always right, everyone else is wrong, if one dares to question...Deflect to Accusations.

:rolleyes: Delusional.
And the fact that YOU can't come up with a single refutation for the ample Scriptural case I made in post #701 speaks VOLUMES . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong

And this ignorant post is a TEXTBOOK example of WHY Jesus said that NO ONE can come to Him unless the Father enables them (John 5:65).
This is WHY He stated that the words HE spoke were Spirit and Life (John 6:63).

He wasn't promising that the Eucharist would save your FLESH - but your SOUL.
Unfortunately, YOU haven yet learned that Eternal life has nothing to do with the flesh . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the fact that YOU can't come up with a single refutation for the ample Scriptural case I made in post #701 speaks VOLUMES . . .

The fact has already been established...
Your claim;

Mary is the new Ark

Is not supported by Scripture.

I have no issue with the Scriptures you posted in #701...copy and paste, whoop, whoop. The Bible is pretty well established in every home.
But...your "interpretation" not even close. :p

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this ignorant post is a TEXTBOOK example of WHY Jesus said that NO ONE can come to Him unless the Father enables them (John 5:65).
This is WHY He stated that the words HE spoke were Spirit and Life (John 6:63).

He wasn't promising that the Eucharist would save your FLESH - but your SOUL.
Unfortunately, YOU haven yet learned that Eternal life has nothing to do with the flesh . . .
Who said anything about the flesh? Eternal life never during being raised all the things Jesus promised and I showed in my Post was the spirit or the soul

the Eucharist promises non of what Jesus promised

nice try

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said anything about the flesh? Eternal life never during being raised all the things Jesus promised and I showed in my Post was the spirit or the soul

the Eucharist promises non of what Jesus promised

nice try
HUH??

Your entire argument against the Eucharist in post #797 is about the fact that it doesn't render the FLESH eternal.
Nobody ever said it would.

The "everlasting life" that Jesus promised regarding the Eucharist - and the fact that we would never "hunger" again is about the SPIRIT - not the flesh. YOUR mind is stuck in the flesh . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact has already been established...
Your claim;

Is not supported by Scripture.

I have no issue with the Scriptures you posted in #701...copy and paste, whoop, whoop. The Bible is pretty well established in every home.
But...your "interpretation" not even close. :p
Then give me the CORRECT interpretation - IF you can.

A thousand of your denials don't amount to a single answer . . .