The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

I didn’t take you for a fundamentalist?

Matt 23:9
Call no man Father?

Is this an absolute requirement?
Or is Our Savior condemning pride and spiritual pride of the Pharisees?

God calls men father!

Ex 3:6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Jesus calls men father!

Jn 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

Mary calls men father!

Lk 1:55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Peter calls men father!

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Acts 3:22 Moses said unto the fathers…

The stephen calls men father!

Acts 7 Stephen quotes the fathers over and over!

The Bible calls men father!

Luke 16:24
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Then there is spiritual fathers!

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Peter, Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

God or god = SAME word with two different biblical meanings.

Rock or rock = SAME word with two different biblical meanings.

Spirit or spirit = SAME word with two different biblical meanings.

Father or father = SAME word with two different biblical meanings.

Heavenly Father only refers to God the FATHER whereas father(s) pertain to actual existing and previous flesh and blood male parents/ancestors.

We are never to give credence to any type of spiritual 'father' on earth - to do so is sin and apostasy = false apostles.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mathias replaced Judas not as a Apostle by Christ but by the Apostles drawing Lots.

The official replacement for Judas came on the Road to Damascus, as the LORD Himself appeared to Saul, Authorized his Apostleship, Sanctified him and Baptized Him in the Holy Spirit.

lk 10:16 acts 9:4 eph 5:32 christ and his church are one!

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing
Christ continues His mission ministry and power thru his apostles

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lk 10:16 acts 9:4 eph 5:32 christ and his church are one!

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing
Christ continues His mission ministry and power thru his apostles

AMEN - ABSOLUTELY - His ministry continues thru the writings of the original Apostles which now comprise His Word.

ALL that became the RCC are false apostles.

Run from the false apostles who are wolves in sheep's clothing and find REST under the protective covering of His Word.

True words from a former RCC disciple.

Reactions: Pearl

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what about Immaculate conception? Mother of God? Queen of heaven? Mother of our salvation?
Junk of course.

That is just the old Roman religion of Vesta rebranded with Christian names and pseudo-Scriptural teaching, called 'Sacred tradition'.

It was added to Christianity by the last Pontifex Maximus, that was forced to adopt Christianity as the new state religion of Rome by Constantine, yet did not want to be rid of old Virgin Mother Vesta and her 'Sacred Fire' altogether. So then, calling himself Pope, he side-saddled her to Christ as 'Mary'.

If Catholics just stick with Jesus Christ and Him crucified according to the Scriptures, and forget the old Roman paganism of Vesta, then they will be Christians only, not double minded between Christianity and old Roman paganism.

I.e. Catholics do just fine. Roman Catholics do not.

mandate defending the truth about Mary is not worship or adoration or offering sacrifice

Mandate to defending the truth of Mary is Scripture: a faithful virgin Israelite woman of the seed of David, who gave birth to the body of Jesus, then went on to be a faithful Israelite wife of Joseph and mother of children of their own, and then went on to believe the resurrected Christ to obey Him as Lord.

Mandate to worship and adore a pseudo Mary Virgin, Mother, Queen, yada yada yada, is the same mandate of the eternally secured and saved double minded, who 'celebrate' unconditional and blind grace.

Both mandates of men are mystical harlots born of Mystery Babylon the Great.

No idolatry

Yes, idolatry.

"Where there is no scripture, there is no truth, and where there is Sacred tradition without Scripture, there is vain imagination without truth: Idolatry." (Unknown)

so goes the prejudice of the fundamentalist who promote a false 16 century gospel

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblical Mary, mother of God, ever Virgin, sinless, mother of our salvation!

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary!
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30 and cos she consented to our salvation! Lk 1:38

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

Spiritual Mother Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

Mother of the creator is mother of all creation!

Mother of the Redeemer is the mother of all the redeemed!

Mother of our Savior is the mother of all those who obtain salvation!

Mary is the mother of God!

Lk 1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Lk 1:26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

so the Lord is the Lord God almighty!

Proving the divinity of Jesus Christ!

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, co Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
AMEN to your post here.

Now, if the Scriptural definition to be an apostle is "one who is sent" then all of us who are His, are apostles unto God for each one HE calls He also sends.

But Scripture does not show us this and gives us a clear picture of 'the 12 Apostles':
1.) Seen the LORD and HE appeared to them
2.) Called to be an Apostle by the LORD specifically and separately from all the other disciples
3.) Given clear instruction/directive by the LORD directly, no intermediary, no church/religion can ordain one
4.) Given clear Authority by the LORD
5.) Baptised in the Holy Spirit
6.) the LORD said go out and make disciples of ME, not Apostles of ME for only HE can do this.
7.) the LORD never gave a directive for His Church to make new Apostles to replace the Twelve
8.) We are commanded to follow the teachings of the LORD and the original chosen Apostles

Now there can be apostles as far as leadership but never as one to replace the Authority of the 12 just as there is no one who replaces the Authority of CHRIST and the HOLY SPIRIT.
I'm not getting into an argument. Peace be unto you.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recall NOTHING taught BY Christ or the Apostles saying...
...to Place statues of Jesus IN a Church.
...to Place statues of Mary IN a Church.
Iconoclast was condemned by the apostles in the holy council of nicea in 787

Images are not forbidden, such as the cherubim on the ark of the covenant exod 25:18 and the bronze serpent num 21:9 and Jn 3:14 are not forbidden but even commanded, graven or worshiped as a god then these images are forbidden such as the golden calf!

...to Bow down before statues.

Bowing down or posture does not equal worship or adoration!

Worship requires intent!
You must have the intent to worship God properly!

Worship requires intent, offering of sacrifice, a ordained priesthood, adoration,

Bowing or posture does not equal worship! Kneeling next to your bed to pray is that worshiping your bed?

Genesis 23:12
And Abraham bowed down himself before the people of the land.

Genesis 42:6
And Joseph was the governor over the land, and he it was that sold to all the people of the land: and Joseph's brethren came, and bowed down themselves before him with their faces to the earth.

...that Mary was without sin.

gen 3:15 Lk 1:28 Lk 1:49 rev 12:1

...that Mary IS an intercessory

all in the communion of saints pray and intercede for us!

...that Jesus was an Earthly (human) man.

fully God and fully man

...that Mary bodily sits in Heaven.

rev 12:1 Heb 4:16

...that Mary is a Queen.

rev 12:1 and the mother of the king must be a king

...to Pray TO saints In Heaven.
Rev 5:8 James 5:16

...Mary is the mother of God.
Lk 1:43

...Mary is a virgin forever.
Isa 7:14 Matt 1:21 Lk 1:34

...Call men holy father.
Isa 22:21-22 Matt 16:18-19

IF your church teaches or does any of these things...
Please quote your church teaching and Scriptural verification that says the same.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God or god = SAME word with two different biblical meanings.

Rock or rock = SAME word with two different biblical meanings.

Spirit or spirit = SAME word with two different biblical meanings.

Father or father = SAME word with two different biblical meanings.

Heavenly Father only refers to God the FATHER whereas father(s) pertain to actual existing and previous flesh and blood male parents/ancestors.

We are never to give credence to any type of spiritual 'father' on earth - to do so is sin and apostasy = false apostles.

then explain Isa 22:21-22 and these
1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot vain repetition
And call no man father
And mother of our salvation

AMEN - HalleluYah - AMEN = ALL Glory to the KING of kings, JESUS the CHRIST who alone has IMMORTALITY

But you, O man of God, flee these things(Roman Catholicism) and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate,
that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality,
dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.
1 Timothy 6:11-16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN - ABSOLUTELY - His ministry continues thru the writings of the original Apostles which now comprise His Word.

ALL that became the RCC are false apostles.

Run from the false apostles who are wolves in sheep's clothing and find REST under the protective covering of His Word.

True words from a former RCC disciple.

Run where? There is only one new covenant church and kingdom!

Christ is King of Glory!

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, (acts 2:17 last days began at Pentecost) that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then explain Isa 22:21-22 and these

1 John 2

EASY Apple Pie here friend -

Jesus invited a little child to stand among them. “Truly I tell you,” He said, “unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes a little child like this in My name welcomes Me." Matt 18:2

Behold what manner of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God. 1 John 3:1

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Run where? There is only one new covenant church and kingdom!
Christ is King of Glory!
Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
And it shall come to pass in the last days, (acts 2:17 last days began at Pentecost) that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.
Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Truth from a former RCC disciple: The Vatican is a den of thieves, murders and false apostles - wolves in sheeps clothing

God calls to His Children to come out of her - NOW

Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

“Come out of her, My people,
so that you will not share in her sins
or contract any of her plagues. For her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her iniquities."

the LORD JESUS says “Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches." Revelation

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN - HalleluYah - AMEN = ALL Glory to the KING of kings, JESUS the CHRIST who alone has IMMORTALITY

But you, O man of God, flee these things(Roman Catholicism) and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate,
that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality,
dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.
1 Timothy 6:11-16

Jn 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not junk.

No it isn't.

More errors.
And Constantine didn't make Christianity the state religion.

Catholicism is nothing to do with Roman paganism.

Catholicism is nothing to do with Roman paganism

Catholicism by itself doesn't, but Roman Catholicism does: Catholics without the Mariologizing of Vesta are Christians.

Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Christians only.

Catholicism is the Christian side of the coin taken from Scriptures, where Jesus is the Christ, Father, Son, Holy Ghost, salvation by grace through faith, the law of Christ, etc...

Roman Catholicism is the Roman religion side of the coin taken from the 'Sacred Traditions' of Virgin Mother Vesta of the Sacred Fire of old Rome. Christian names and twisting of Scripture was used to legitimize it as Roman Christianity: Roman Catholicism. Basically old Roman religion is piggy-backing the Christian religion, like the Mystical Mother Babylon the Great, aka, Vesta, 'Mary'.

And Constantine didn't make Christianity the state religion.

Thanks for the correction. He legalized Christian religion alongside the religion of Rome, which makes the point even further.

The first Pontifex Maximus to be called a 'Pope' was shortly thereafter, which shows an unholy marriage of Christ to Vesta, nor called 'Mary'.

Last edited by a moderator:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EASY Apple Pie here friend -

Jesus invited a little child to stand among them. “Truly I tell you,” He said, “unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes a little child like this in My name welcomes Me." Matt 18:2

Behold what manner of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God. 1 John 3:1

true but it does not say the apostles are not our spiritual fathers!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Christian ritual of baptism:
Immersion, sprinkling, pour pure water over the forehead three time with the words, I baptize thee in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit! Ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 Matt 28:19 Acts 2:38-39 Acts 8:36-38 Acts 22:16
1 Pet 3:21

Proper intention: to make a new creature in Christ, to put on Christ, initiation into the new covenant of grace
Matter: pure water
Form: the words

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth from a former RCC disciple: The Vatican is a den of thieves, murders and false apostles - wolves in sheeps clothing

God calls to His Children to come out of her - NOW

Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

“Come out of her, My people,
so that you will not share in her sins
or contract any of her plagues. For her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her iniquities."

the LORD JESUS says “Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches." Revelation

the Vatican is not the church!
Now what?

those verses refer to the pagan Roman Empire conquered by Christ and his holy church

Christ is King of Glory!

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Jesus Christ is king!

We must submit and obey the king of kings!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fundamentalism is spiritual blindness

The Great rebellion against Christ and His holy church and apostles!

Reject all of sacred and apostolic Tradition who have the authority of Christ! (The holy apostles)

But accept, obey and submit to the tradition of men like those who translated the KJV Bible (and rejected many books and chapters) and the excommunicated heretic luther who invented the five heretical Solas!

Saul
The Jew
Pride
Hatred for Christ and Christians
Heretic
Fundamentalist

Paul
Humble
Saint
Faithful Christian
Love of Christ and Christians

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

Then the risen Christ appeared!
The blinding light of truth prevailed!

Fundamentalism is faith without reason!

So be it with all those who sit in the error of rigorous puritanical fundamentalism!

Including Protestants!

Pure spiritual blindness, thick black scales!

Spiritual anarchy and chaos!

God establishes “peace and order” thru obedience to hierarchical jurisdictional authority!

Peter matt 16:18
The apostles Matt 18:18
Jn 29:21-23 eph 2:20 eph 5:24 eph 5:32
Jn 15:1-5
Apostolic succession acts 1:26

Personifies saul:

A fundamentalist going by spiritual pride, self-righteous private judgement from scripture, or the humility to hear the teaching of Christ through the church of His apostles?
Obedience of faith: rom 16:26
We must be taught by Christ who is the way, the truth, and the life. Jn 14:6
Instructed: Lk 1:4 acts 8:31
Teach all nations: Matt 28:19
He who hears you (the apostles) hears me: lk 10:16
Hear the church: Matt 18:17
Church is the pillar and ground of truth: 1 Tim 3:14
Christ and his church are one, the church is an extension of Christ through the whole world and all time: acts 9:4

Not scripture plus private judgement

But guided by the teaching office of Christ and his church!

Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)

Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.