The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GREAT - I am so glad you understood this, not as fanaticism, but of how God works in our hearts as HE alone knows where we came from, where we are at when HE calls us and where we will be as we walk with Him.

This was personal between My God and myself and i do not say any more then that.

PEACE and LOL - AMEN

PS - it was a one time event - LOL i do not hunt statues

:D God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: David in NJ

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Catholicism is nothing to do with Roman paganism

Catholicism by itself doesn't, but Roman Catholicism does: Catholics without the Mariologizing of Vesta are Christians. Roman Catholics are the pagan version of Christians.
That is a lie.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Roman Catholicism is the Roman religion side of the coin taken from the 'Sacred Traditions' of Virgin Mother Vesta of the Sacred Fire of old Rome. Christian names and twisting of Scripture was used to legitimize it as Roman Christianity: Roman Catholicism. Basically old Roman religion is piggy-backing the Christian religion, like the Mystical Mother Babylon the Great, aka, Vesta, 'Mary'.
Another lie.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No scripture says Mary was without sin.
No scripture says Mary is an intercessory.
No scripture says to Pray to Mary.
On and on...
When you teach Mary is equal to Jesus in attributes and bow down to Statues of Mary....you Are giving reverence and worship to Mary.
Some Catholics will flat out Admit they are Worshiping Mary...others deny the fact.

never said Mary is equal to Jesus
Reverence devotion love and prayers are not worship

only God may be worshiped lawfully

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right...So it seems against the Word!

Rom 1:
[25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

John 8:
[44] Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

And...their “father” IS? Uh...ahem.

mk 16:16 Jn 3:16 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice they never have any evidence!
Only accusations

The nature of vice and virtue:

Pride by its nature must always be in rebellion and protest!
Alway says no, I will not serve!
Always associated with presumption and arrogance!

Humility by its nature must obey, and be faithful! Unless you become like little children. Matt 18:3 always associated with faith, hope, and charity!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you cannot be saved apart from the church and the sacraments

you cannot be saved now

The LORD Jesus Christ says - "David has been washed in My Blood and Baptized in the Holy Spirit - and no one can pluck him out of My Hand."

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
never said Mary is equal to Jesus

You did not SAY Mary IS equal to Jesus.
YOU MAKE Mary EQUAL TO Jesus.

Attributes which APPLY ONLY TO the Lord God...
YOU APPLY TO Mary, which is HOW YOU (corruptly) MAKE Mary EQUAL to Jesus.

Reactions: David in NJ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not SAY Mary IS equal to Jesus.
YOU MAKE Mary EQUAL TO Jesus.

Attributes which APPLY ONLY TO the Lord God...
YOU APPLY TO Mary, which is HOW YOU (corruptly) MAKE Mary EQUAL to Jesus.

what attributes???

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a couple of posts ago, you said you would stop speaking FOR ME...
Seems you can’t keep your word. Noted and Not flattering!
Hmmmm....You said Some people are Content to be TOLD “WHAT” to “BELIEVE”, without ever discovering “WHY”......Clearly you don't allow yourself to be told WHAT TO BELIEVE soooooo that means you tell yourself what to believe. Soooooo I'm not speaking for you. I am only summarizing what you have clearly stated.

I don't know why you just can't come out and say that you read Scripture and interpret it for yourself. You don't accept other peoples interpretation. YOU decide what YOU are going to believe YOU do not accept anyone elses interpretation of Scripture......Just admit it kiddo!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what attributes???

PRAYER that is ONLY to be offered to GOD thru Christ

There is NO OTHER mediator between God and man other then the LORD Jesus Christ.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith."

This is HERESY
Not if the Catholic faith is that of Jesus for the common salvation of Jude 3: Jesus is Lord and Saviour, the begotten Son of the Father, and by Him only can any come to the Father. Not by Him and His 'Mother' Mary.

It was only when the Pontifex Maximus and the 'Pope' of Rome set about intermingling 'sacred' traditions' of old Roman Vesta with Christian faith in Christ, that the confusing paganism entered into official Christian religion.

They did so when Theodosius declared Christianity to be the Imperial religion. Up to that time since Constantine, they had been cohabiting of sorts and tolerating one another in Rome.

The Christian 'religion' finally won out, and so the Pope took over all state religion, but plainly did not leave behind the Pontifex Maximus and old Roman Vesta with Her 'Sacred fire'.

The 'Sacred traditions' thus began to piggy-back Christianity and intermix with Scripture of Christ.

It's a supreme example of not allowing the defeated enemy to be utterly done away with. The children of Israel did the same in the Promised land, and so defiled themselves with the pagans of the land, by not utterly destroying them as the Lord commanded.

Protestantism therefore is simply a protest of Christians against the assimilation of Roman paganism into the Common faith of Christ.

Catholics worshipping Christ in the Catholic church are Christians worshipping the same Christ in the churches of Christ.

Catholics who hold to 'sacred traditions' of Vest-Mary alongside and equal to Christ of Scripture, are doubleminded in the faith, being influenced by an old paganism they know not of.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PRAYER that is ONLY to be offered to GOD thru Christ

There is NO OTHER mediator between God and man other then the LORD Jesus Christ.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus is the only mediator only savior
Only mediator of justice and salvation

but anyone in the communion of saints can pray, intercede James 5:16 rev 5:8

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not if the Catholic faith is that of Jesus for the common salvation of Jude 3: Jesus is Lord and Saviour, the begotten Son of the Father, and by Him only can any come to the Father. Not by Him and His 'Mother' Mary.

It was only when the Pontifex Maximus and the 'Pope' of Rome set about intermingling 'sacred' traditions' of old Roman Vesta with Christian faith in Christ, that the confusing paganism entered into official Christian religion.

They did so when Theodosius declared Christianity to be the Imperial religion. Up to that time since Constantine, they had been cohabiting of sorts and tolerating one another in Rome.

The Christian 'religion' finally won out, and so the Pope took over all state religion, but plainly did not leave behind the Pontifex Maximus and old Roman Vesta with Her 'Sacred fire'.

The 'Sacred traditions' thus began to piggy-back Christianity and intermix with Scripture of Christ.

It's a supreme example of not allowing the defeated enemy to be utterly done away with. The children of Israel did the same in the Promised land, and so defiled themselves with the pagans of the land, by not utterly destroying them as the Lord commanded.

Protestantism therefore is simply a protest of Christians against the assimilation of Roman paganism into the Common faith of Christ.

Catholics worshipping Christ in the Catholic church are Christians worshipping the same Christ in the churches of Christ.

Catholics who hold to 'sacred traditions' of Vest-Mary alongside and equal to Christ of Scripture, are doubleminded in the faith, being influenced by an old paganism they know not of.

God alone searches the heart. Are there some catholics who are saved - barely, YES.

The catholic faith is heresy as it violates the Sabbath Rest of God.

For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the LORD.
Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

The LORD Jesus Christ confirmed this as well.

Just so you understand what the LORD is saying here to us TODAY = i work on both Satuday and Sunday.

Now, i will let you dwell on this and see if you can find His validation of this in the Gospel.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the only mediator only savior
Only mediator of justice and salvation

but anyone in the communion of saints can pray, intercede James 5:16 rev 5:8

Peter, Paul, John and Mary are no longer here to confess their sins with us and to one another and to pray for one another.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A blanket write off of all Catholics as idolaters, because of the nature of their worship services is not correct.

If they are not in fact worshipping Mary in their hearts, but only conforming to the traditionally order of religious service, then they are no different from Naaman the Syrian who assisting the king for religious service in pagan temples.

If they confess Jesus only in the hearts and do not confess Mary with Him as 'Mother' of God, then they have holy earth of Christ beneath their knees to worship upon:

And Naaman said, Shall there not then, I pray thee, be given to thy servant two mules' burden of earth? for thy servant will henceforth offer neither burnt offering nor sacrifice unto other gods, but unto the LORD.

In this thing the LORD pardon thy servant, that when my master goeth into the house of Rimmon to worship there, and he leaneth on my hand, and I bow myself in the house of Rimmon: when I bow down myself in the house of Rimmon, the LORD pardon thy servant in this thing.

God sees the heart first, and the flesh profits nothing.

If I were raised in such a case, and knew that 'Mariology' was only dumb sacred traditions and no truth in Christ, then I wouldn't necessarily need depart the catholic services of my fathers, but would speak of Jesus only, without 'offending' Mary openly, and let my testimony and life and Christ persuade others to the true common salvation of the common faith.

Those who see and believe for themselves, as them upon hearing the converted Samaritan woman, they would come out from Mystically 'Sacred' Babylon worship, while not needing separate themselves from Catholic religious services and society.

I.e. not necessarily needful to isolate family and friends and beloved companions of old.

I was in the same condition in the organization of churches I was saved in. I remained with them in services and fellowship, without necessarily agreeing with their errors. I only ceased to participate in their worship services after physically moving for professional reasons. Many of them, including some leaders, I still call brother and sister, who do not utterly give themselves to the false doctrine that is prevailant among them.