The Case for the Sinless Ever-Virgin Mary.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soulx3

Apr 2, 2024
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't count that to be from God, it's from man, and I don't accept man's writings to contradict and overturn Scripture, being from God. Waste of time to quote it to me? Yes. The Bible already sets this forth. So it already refutes your poem, and therefore, your poem is not in fact Scripture.

Scripture was written by men, God's spokesmen that He chose, just as the scriptural writings that make up the The Poem of the Man-God was written by a spokesman He chose. And FYI, it's not a poem as in rhyming poetry, and its initial title was The Gospel As It Was Revealed To Me, and it doesn't contradict other scriptural writings from God, including those that make up The Bible. Any other excuse?

Last edited:

Soulx3

Apr 2, 2024
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've done as you've asked, and this is your response? OK.

Yea, because I got the impression you think I said or believe that Mary is the new Adam. Again, I've never said that Mary is the new Adam, but rather have said that Jesus is, and that Mary is the new Eve. So, it's good that you agree Jesus is the new Adam at least.

Now, do you believe or not believe that God, in advance, could have or could have not Thought of creating the soul that was to be the soul of the Mother of God Incarnate, and because He knew Her soul would've been subject to the law of Adam and thus inherit the stain of original sin, He preserved it from inheriting the stain of original sin, and thus it became an immaculate soul capable of possessing the fullness of His Grace, then He infused it into the embryo at the moment of Her conception? Do you believe or not believe that these factors, coupled with being conceived by and born of two Just human parents and having a natural good will, could have or could not have resulted in Mary being without sin, and thus a worthy dwelling place for God Incarnate, the Son of God, the Messiah, the Savior, the most Holy and Perfect One, to be conceived and take form in, and live a divinely Holy life with in Spirit and Body on earth and in Heaven?

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, what do you mean by "praying to the dead" because (i) when someone physically dies, they're still alive in spirit,
I mean exactly what Jesus and Paul said, they're DEAD!

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (ESV)
10 A charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead,
12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD.

Soulx3

Apr 2, 2024
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean exactly what Jesus and Paul said, they're DEAD!

First, when someone is physically dead, they're still alive in spirit, whether they are in Purgatory, Heaven, or Hell, because their soul is immortal. However, the day will come when the body and soul reunite, and people will not only be alive in spirit, but in the body again as well. Second, Catholics don't pray to the dead, but rather to God for the dead, and when we do that we're referring to the souls in Purgatory: "It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins" (2 Macc. 12:46). That's not necromancy, which is the practice of magic involving communication with the dead by summoning their spirits as apparitions or visions for the purpose of divination; imparting the means to foretell future events and discover hidden knowledge.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, when someone is physically dead, they're still alive in spirit, whether they are in Purgatory, Heaven, or Hell, because their soul is immortal. However, the day will come when the body and soul reunite, and people will not only be alive in spirit, but in the body again as well. Second, Catholics don't pray to the dead, but rather to God for the dead, and when we do that we're referring to the souls in Purgatory: "It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins" (2 Macc. 12:46). That's not necromancy, which is the practice of magic involving communication with the dead by summoning their spirits as apparitions or visions for the purpose of divination; imparting the means to foretell future events and discover hidden knowledge.
If you had stuck to the Christian Bible you might not be totally confused as you are now.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

Last edited:

Soulx3

Apr 2, 2024
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had stuck to the Christian Bible you might not be totally confused as you are now.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

As I said, when someone is physically dead, they're still alive in spirit, whether they are in Purgatory, Heaven, or Hell, because their soul is immortal. However, the day will come when the body and soul reunite, and people will not only be alive in spirit, but in the body again as well.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, when someone is physically dead, they're still alive in spirit, whether they are in Purgatory, Heaven, or Hell, because their soul is immortal. However, the day will come when the body and soul reunite, and people will not only be alive in spirit, but in the body again as well.
Sounds just like what you're preaching:

Last edited:

Soulx3

Apr 2, 2024
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds just like what you're preaching:

Necormancy is the practice of magic involving communication with the dead by summoning their spirits as apparitions or visions for the purpose of divination; imparting the means to foretell future events and discover hidden knowledge.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, what do you mean by "praying to a dead person," because (i) when someone physically dies, they're still alive in spirit, whether they are in Purgatory, Heaven, or Hell, because their soul is immortal. However, the day will come when bodies and souls will reunite, and these people will not only be alive in spirit, but in body again as well. Second, Catholics don't pray to the dead, but rather to God for the dead, and when we do that we're referring to the souls in Purgatory: "It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins." (2 Macc. 12:46)
By praying to a dead person, I mean praying to someone who has died physically. Praying "for" a dead person (as in 2 Maccabees) is quite different, and I have no issue with that. Catholics pray "to" dead saints all the time, seeking intercession.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Necormancy is the practice of magic involving communication with the dead by summoning their spirits as apparitions or visions for the purpose of divination; imparting the means to foretell future events and discover hidden knowledge.
There is a little of that mentioned in Scripture. Like the witch of Endor in 1 Sam. 28. Or the parable of Lazarus in Luke 16.

Soulx3

Apr 2, 2024
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a little of that mentioned in Scripture. Like the witch of Endor in 1 Sam. 28. Or the parable of Lazarus in Luke 16.

Tell that to @Jack since he doesn't understand the difference between prayer and necromancy.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe or not believe that God, in advance, could have or could have not Thought of creating the soul that was to be the soul of the Mother of God Incarnate
I've answered this before, but will again: Yes, I believe that God could have or could have not done this. I don't know which. But I'm strongly leaning towards NOT.

Soulx3

Apr 2, 2024
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics pray "to" dead saints all the time, seeking intercession.

You're in need of reading these:

I've answered this before, but will again: Yes, I believe that God could have or could have not done this. I don't know which. But I'm strongly leaning towards NOT.

No evil (sin) can dwell with God (Ps. 5:4), so how could God, the Most Holy and Pure One, dwell and take form in a human being stained with sin?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bingo!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell that to @Jack since he doesn't understand the difference between prayer and necromancy.
Sounds just like what you preach:

Soulx3

Apr 2, 2024
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Necromancy is the practice of magic involving communication with the dead by summoning their spirits as apparitions or visions for the purpose of divination; imparting the means to foretell future events and discover hidden knowledge. Bingo! Sounds just like what you preach

Are you intentionally ignoring the part about necromancy that says it's the practice of magic involving communication with the dead by summoning for the purpose of divination?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you intentionally ignoring the part about necromancy that says it's the practice of magic involving communication with the dead by summoning for the purpose of divination?
Pay attention:

Soulx3

Apr 2, 2024
PNW.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pay attention:

Necromancy is the practice of magic involving communication with the dead by summoning their spirits as apparitions or visions for the purpose of divination; imparting the means to foretell future events and discover hidden knowledge. Bingo! Sounds just like what you preach

Are you intentionally ignoring the parts about necromancy that says it's the practice of magic involving communication with the dead by summoning for the purpose of divination?

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No evil (sin) can dwell with God (Ps. 5:4), so how could God, the Most Holy and Pure One, dwell and take form in a human being stained with sin?
You misunderstand the "dwell" reference in the Psalm. It means to make one's home with, not to gestate. And you are forgetting John 1:14's "and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us" sinners. Your interpretation of the Psalm would make John's statement impossible.