The Chapter and Verse Numbers in the KJB Appear to be There by Divine Placement.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Chapter and Verse Numbers in the King James Bible Appear to be There by Divine Placement.

Exodus 33. It is the chapter where God shows his back parts to Moses. We have 33 bones in our spine.

Revelation 13:18 talks about counting a number in regards to the number 666 (as a part of wisdom). Ecclesiastes chapter 7 just so happens to be the 666th chapter of the Bible and it also talks about counting to find out something as a part of wisdom (See Ecclesiastes 7:26, Ecclesiastes 7:27).

These are just the two quick examples but there is a whole lot more if you were to do your own homework. Many Christians are not knowledgeable in this area of study and they even scoff at such a thing. They obviously have not experienced that the text of His Word is truly of divine origin. It is truly sad. Many just believe their pastor or they have read a Christian article online that makes them turn aside looking at any evidence in a fair and balanced approach.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Chapter and Verse Numbers in the King James Bible Appear to be There by Divine Placement.

Exodus 33. It is the chapter where God shows his back parts to Moses. We have 33 bones in our spine.

Revelation 13:18 talks about counting a number in regards to the number 666 (as a part of wisdom). Ecclesiastes chapter 7 just so happens to be the 666th chapter of the Bible and it also talks about counting to find out something as a part of wisdom (See Ecclesiastes 7:26, Ecclesiastes 7:27).

These are just the two quick examples but there is a whole lot more if you were to do your own homework. Many Christians are not knowledgeable in this area of study and they even scoff at such a thing. They obviously have not experienced that the text of His Word is truly of divine origin. It is truly sad. Many just believe their pastor or they have read a Christian article online that makes them turn aside looking at any evidence in a fair and balanced approach.
and what about non English speaking cultures? did they get the short end of the stick not having the KJB?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and what about non English speaking cultures? did they get the short end of the stick not having the KJB?
What about Gentile nations during the Old Testament times? Did they get the short end of the stick for not having the Hebrew Scriptures?
Surely not. So your question is flawed. God does things that are beyond your understanding.

Reactions: Adventageous

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The King James Bible is also translated into various languages, as well.

Textus Receptus in Spanish (RVG 2010):
https://www.amazon.com/Santa-Biblia-Rústica-Valera-Spanish/dp/0758907567/

King James Francais in French:
Bible King James Française | King James Française

Koning Jacobus Vertaling in Dutch:
http://www.koningjacobusvertaling.org/info_english.php

Bibelen Guds Ord in Norwegian:
http://www.hermon.no/netbibelen/

Thai King James Bible Version:
The Bible (พระคัมภีร์ไทย)

Korean King James Version:
Korean - English HOly Bible KKJB - KJV / Korean King James Bible (KKJB) / Black Leather Bound with Golden Edges with Thumb Index: Amazon.com: Books

Brazillian Portuguese (the BKJ):
Bíblia King James Fiel 1611

Also, there are testimonies of others from other countries who admit that the King James Bible is the perfect Word of God.

Reactions: Adventageous

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Korean - English HOly Bible KKJB - KJV / Korean King James Bible (KKJB) / Black Leather Bound with Golden Edges with Thumb Index: Amazon.com: Books

Also, there are testimonies of others from other countries who admit that the King James Bible is the perfect Word of God.

Keep it up. The KJB - the scriptures inspired of God and preserved (into the English Language) since the time of Moses unto this present moment. The Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.

Reactions: Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You also did not really address the points I made.
Try watching this video and you may understand what I am talking about here.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep it up. The KJB - the scriptures inspired of God and preserved (into the English Language) since the time of Moses unto this present moment. The Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
Thank you. I pray men of God will be brave enough to move beyond the silly excuses of trying to explain away the King James Bible being the pure Word of God for today.

They are not even willing to hear out your case and yet they speak words without knowledge.
They should at least examine the evidence for the King James Bible before rejecting it.

Proverbs 18:13
”He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.”

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The right response, at the right time - in God: what an inspiring thought!
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be magnified to you today. Thank you for your kind words.

Anyways, I would recommend checking out the YouTube video in this thread (if you have not seen it) (i.e. post #6).
Really powerful.

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. I pray men of God will be brave enough to move beyond the silly excuses of trying to explain away the King James Bible being the pure Word of God for today.

They are not even willing to hear out your case and yet they speak words without knowledge.
They should at least examine the evidence for the King James Bible before rejecting it.

Proverbs 18:13
”He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.”
Oh, you are welcome. I agree. If I might ask, please go easy on me mate quietthinker, and field questions and comments gently. It took me awhile to learn the evidence, and I would love for brother quietthinker to know what we know, in these matters.

Reactions: marks

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

so all prior peoples in various cultures around the world before 1611 were short changed?

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so all prior peoples in various cultures around the world before 1611 were short changed?
The 'brother' (Bible Highlighter, I assume bro.) is not saying that the Bible, or the words of God themselves, did not exist before AD 1611, and did not exist in other languages (besides English). All that 'BH' is saying, is that God's words have come down to the modern day, preserved (by God), and happen to be in the "common version" (sister E. G. White) known the world over in the common language of the world (English). The common language among the Hebrews, Israelites and Jews was "Hebrew". The common language among the Romans, Greeks, and even many Jews, etc was "Greek" during the first century. The common language (notice, I didn't say 'primary' language) of the world today, even in deep China, and Russia, is English, and even for international travel.

Most peoples of the world, didn't have access to the Bible or words of God, pre-printing press. There were of course mss (manuscripts), codices, etc floating around, and hand-printed/written of course, but these were not primarily circulating in the America's, China, Slavs, Rus, Australia, South Africa, varied Islands, etc. The words of God were primarily circulating in Europe, Asia, and north Africa, and eventually made their way to the "America's" and other places later.

The same question, or comment, as made by yourself, brother, could be likewise 'charged' upon God, for not circulating the OT (written in Hebrew, and a little Syriack) in many languages in the world while the "oracles of God" were in the hands of the Levites.

Even Wycliffe's English, is primarily from the Latin (Catholic) 'Vulgate', which was altered by Jerome, as Helvidius states, among others, and needs to be corrected, as it contains the errors and alterations of Romanism. The real Latin 'vulgate', the Vetus Latina, came through into the Vaudois, Waldensian (etc) line, and when Luther and others met with these, they already had Bibles in their own language. Erasmus himself, didn't go entirely with the Latin 'Vulgate' of Jerome and made many alterations based upon the many mss he had access to.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice again how you did not address my points.
Anyways, the Scriptures existing in book form is a relatively new invention because printing technology that was used for the Bible was relatively new. In 1455 Gutenberg completed his 42-line Bible, known as the Gutenberg Bible. So there was no such thing as a Bible (existing in book form) before this date (that we know of).

Also, there is a connection between the Living Word (Jesus) and the Communicated Word (Scripture).
Were believers short changed by not having the Incarnate Word (Jesus) for thousands of years? Surely not.
The Son of God came in the right time. Just as the Word (in book form, i.e. the Bible) came in the right time.
So again, your reasoning is flawed and misguided. Your thoughts are not God’s thoughts.
God does not have to conform to your way of thinking.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To those who doubt God’s Word is preserved perfectly today:

Well, if chapter and verse numbers mean nothing to you, then I suppose the next time you try to look up a verse you should do so without the aid of chapter and verses numbers (When you remember a certain saying in the Bible). Imagine how that will help you if there was no chapter and verse numbers. You would be lost like a child walking in the middle of a movie trying to figure out what was going on. Meaning, when your Pastor says to turn to Deuteronomy 16:11 you would be clueless as to what exact verse reference he was talking unless you had that verse memorized or unless you could recite the whole Bible from memory.

Also, when a Christian says John 3:16 to another Christian it has a deep and profound meaning to each other today. Do you think God does not care about our sharing moments like this? God numbers the very hairs on our head. He names the stars (Which cannot be numbered by us). So yes. I believe God placed the chapter and verse numbers in your Bible by His divine providence. You can wallow in unbelief if you like, but if that is the case then try shunning chapter and verse numbers in your Bible and see how far that gets you with other believers. Use a Bible that has no chapter and verse numbers and knock down other Christians who do use chapter and verse numbers. See how that brings you closer to loving God and others. I know that if you did such a thing, your prayer life, and walk with God would suffer greatly.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 'brother' (Bible Highlighter, I assume bro.) is not saying that the Bible, or the words of God themselves, did not exist before AD 1611, and did not exist in other languages (besides English). All that 'BH' is saying, is that God's words have come down to the modern day, preserved (by God), and happen to be in the "common version" (sister E. G. White) known the world over in the common language of the world (English). The common language among the Hebrews, Israelites and Jews was "Hebrew". The common language among the Romans, Greeks, and even many Jews, etc was "Greek" during the first century. The common language (notice, I didn't say 'primary' language) of the world today, even in deep China, and Russia, is English, and even for international travel.

Most peoples of the world, didn't have access to the Bible or words of God, pre-printing press. There were of course mss (manuscripts), codices, etc floating around, and hand-printed/written of course, but these were not primarily circulating in the America's, China, Slavs, Rus, Australia, South Africa, varied Islands, etc. The words of God were primarily circulating in Europe, Asia, and north Africa, and eventually made their way to the "America's" and other places later.

The same question, or comment, as made by yourself, brother, could be likewise 'charged' upon God, for not circulating the OT (written in Hebrew, and a little Syriack) in many languages in the world while the "oracles of God" were in the hands of the Levites.

Even Wycliffe's English, is primarily from the Latin (Catholic) 'Vulgate', which was altered by Jerome, as Helvidius states, among others, and needs to be corrected, as it contains the errors and alterations of Romanism. The real Latin 'vulgate', the Vetus Latina, came through into the Vaudois, Waldensian (etc) line, and when Luther and others met with these, they already had Bibles in their own language. Erasmus himself, didn't go entirely with the Latin 'Vulgate' of Jerome and made many alterations based upon the many mss he had access to.
We agree on the KJB being the pure Word, but Ellen G. White is a false prophetess and you cannot add her writings to the Bible. That would destroy the idea of following what the Bible teaches. The Bible warns not to add any words to the prophecy of this book (i.e. speaking ahead prophetically of the Bible itself). This is the case because Isaiah 34:16 is clearly speaking to those in the End Times and telling people to seek ye out the Book of the Lord and read. It’s not telling you to seek out a Bible AND Ellen G White’s prophecies. But this thread is not about her but it is about the Bible.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have been on this forum for about a year and there has yet to be anything that QuiteThinker has said that I agreed with. While I strive to be loving with others, when others appear to continually mock the truth of God’s words on other topics, they do sometimes need a cold splash of water to wake up them up to the truth of His Word (That they are refusing to see).

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Notice again how you did not address my points.
Anyways, the Scriptures existing in book form is a relatively new invention because printing technology that was used for the Bible was relatively new. In 1455 Gutenberg completed his 42-line Bible, known as the Gutenberg Bible. So there was no such thing as a Bible (existing in book form) before this date (that we know of).

Also, there is a connection between the Living Word (Jesus) and the Communicated Word (Scripture).
Were believers short changed by not having the Incarnate Word (Jesus) for thousands of years? Surely not.
The Son of God came in the right time. Just as the Word (in book form, i.e. the Bible) came in the right time.
So again, your reasoning is flawed and misguided. Your thoughts are not God’s thoughts.
God does not have to conform to your way of thinking.
I'm sorry BH, I do not find your argument persuasive.

An understanding of translation from an ancient, even not so ancient script and the complexities involved is well worth applying oneself to.

Your statements here: 'So again, your reasoning is flawed and misguided. Your thoughts are not God’s thoughts. God does not have to conform to your way of thinking.' assumes you know beyond questionability.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have been on this forum for about a year and there has yet to be anything that QuiteThinker has said that I agreed with. While I strive to be loving with others, when others appear to continually mock the truth of God’s words on other topics, they do sometimes need a cold splash of water to wake up them up to the truth of His Word (That they are refusing to see).
I think you have an opinion of yourself and your ideas which do not line up with objective reality BH.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry BH, I do not find your argument persuasive.

An understanding of translation from an ancient, even not so ancient script and the complexities involved is well worth applying oneself to.

Your statements here: 'So again, your reasoning is flawed and misguided. Your thoughts are not God’s thoughts. God does not have to conform to your way of thinking.' assumes you know beyond questionability.
No. There is always going to be an element of faith. But the evidence for Biblical Numerics is mind blowing and should could convince the most hardened skeptic that the Bible is God’s Holy Book. But because men do not want to hear the truth, they just speak words without knowledge (without even hearing the case for Biblical Numerics). All I can do is encourage you to check out the videos.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you have an opinion of yourself and your ideas which do not line up with objective reality BH.
I can say the same for you, and yet we both cannot be right. I believe evidence is on my side here and yet you will not even look at that evidence (like many who believe as you do).