The Chapter and Verse Numbers in the KJB Appear to be There by Divine Placement.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so, grace upon grace. Perhaps you might try with some simple questions that we can all easily answer, with something simple.

There are interesting things in God's word, that I cannot explain, and even random chance cannot explain.

TORH - תורה

Every 50th letter (49 letters in between, the "-" and ":" are not letters, just punctuation and are skipped) beginning from the first "T", "ת".

Gen 1:1
בראשׁית ברא אלהים את השׁמים ואת הארץ׃

Gen 1:2 והארץ היתה תהו ובהו וחשׁך על־פני תהום ורוח אלהים מרחפת על־פני המים׃

Gen 1:3 ויאמר אלהים יהי אור ויהי־אור׃

Gen 1:4 וירא אלהים את־האור כי־טוב ויבדל אלהים בין האור ובין החשׁך׃

Gen 1:5 ויקרא אלהים לאור יום ולחשׁך קרא לילה ויהי־ערב ויהי־בקר יום אחד׃

TORH - תורה

Every 50th letter (49 letters in between, the "-" and ":" are not letters, just punctuation and are skipped) beginning from the first "T", "ת".

Exo 1:1
ואלה שׁמות בני ישׂראל הבאים מצרימה את יעקב אישׁ וביתו באו׃

Exo 1:2 ראובן שׁמעון לוי ויהודה׃

Exo 1:3 ישׂשכר זבולן ובנימן׃

Exo 1:4 דן ונפתלי גד ואשׁר׃

Exo 1:5 ויהי כל־נפשׁ יצאי ירך־יעקב שׁבעים נפשׁ ויוסף היה במצרים׃

Exo 1:6 וימת יוסף וכל־אחיו וכל הדור ההוא׃

YHVH - יהוה

JEHOVAH. Every 8th letter, with 7 letters in between, beginning with the 1st "Y", "י".

Lev 1:1
ויקרא אל־משׁה וידבר יהוה אליו מאהל מועד לאמר׃

HROT - הרות

Torah, TROH, backwards, HROT. Every 50th letter (49 letters in between, the "-" and ":" are not letters, just punctuation and are skipped) beginning from the third "H", "ה", which is after the name of God, JEHOVAH, "יהוה".

Num 1:1
וידבר יהוה אל־משׁה במדבר סיני באהל מועד באחד לחדשׁ השׁני בשׁנה השׁנית לצאתם מארץ מצרים לאמר׃

Num 1:2 שׂאו את־ראשׁ כל־עדת בני־ישׂראל למשׁפחתם לבית אבתם במספר שׁמות כל־זכר לגלגלתם׃

Num 1:3 מבן עשׂרים שׁנה ומעלה כל־יצא צבא בישׂראל תפקדו אתם לצבאתם אתה ואהרן׃

HROT - הרות

Torah, TROH, backwards, HROT. Every 49th letter (48 letters in between, the "-" and ":" are not letters, just punctuation and are skipped) beginning from the 5th verse 4th "H", "ה".

Deu 1:5
בעבר הירדן בארץ מואב הואיל משׁה באר את־התורה הזאת לאמר׃

Deu 1:6 יהוה אלהינו דבר אלינו בחרב לאמר רב־לכם שׁבת בהר הזה׃

Deu 1:7 פנו וסעו לכם ובאו הר האמרי ואל־כל־שׁכניו בערבה בהר ובשׁפלה ובנגב ובחוף הים ארץ הכנעני והלבנון עד־הנהר הגדל נהר־פרת׃

Deu 1:8 ראה נתתי לפניכם את־הארץ באו ורשׁו את־הארץ אשׁר נשׁבע יהוה לאבתיכם לאברהם ליצחק וליעקב לתת להם ולזרעם אחריהם׃

ישׂראל [Israel at +7 and -50 interval]

There is also the spelling of "Israel" in Genesis 1:30-2:3 two ways. The first at +7 and the second at -50 (going backwards) with a shared letter "R":

ישׂראל [Israel at +7 and -50 interval]

+7 ישׂראל

Begins in the Genesis 1:31, last letter "Y", "י", working forwards into Genesis 2, ending in Genesis 2:3 . Both "Israel", "ישׂראל" (forwards and backwards) share the central "R", "ר" of Genesis 2:1. Count every 7th letter working forwards.

-50 לארשׂי

Begins in Genesis 2:3, being the 7th letter "Y" from the start of that verse, working backwards into Genesis 1, ending in Genesis 1:30. Both "Israel" (forwards and backwards), "ישׂראל" share the central "R", "ר" of Genesis 2:1. Count every 50th letter working backwards.

Gen 1:30 ולכל־חית הארץ ולכל־עוף השׁמים ולכל רומשׂ על־הארץ אשׁר־בו נפשׁ חיה את־כל־ירק עשׂב לאכלה ויהי־כן׃

Gen 1:31 וירא אלהים את־כל־אשׁר עשׂה והנה־טוב מאד ויהי־ערב ויהי־בקר יום השׁשׁי׃

Gen 2:1 ויכלו השׁמים והארץ וכל־צבאם׃

Gen 2:2 ויכל אלהים ביום השׁביעי מלאכתו אשׁר עשׂה וישׁבת ביום השׁביעי מכל־מלאכתו אשׁר עשׂה׃

Gen 2:3 ויברך אלהים את־יום השׁביעי ויקדשׁ אתו כי בו שׁבת מכל־מלאכתו אשׁר־ברא אלהים לעשׂות׃​

According to the modern day Jews, these are the exact 4 verses recited at kiddush for the Sabbath. There is an interesting tidbit which seems to correlate, in that there is the 7th day Sabbath, and the 50th year Jubilee sabbath

Anyway, for what it's worth. There ya go.
Yes, I was aware of this for a long time from Chuck Missler’s video here:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mistake my position (on the KJB) and do not understand it (my positon), and denigrate the KJB ("antiquated"), when it is (in general) up to date, with common every day used English. I provided the evidence on Vine. You may continue as you were, as is your prerogative. I know better (now).

Other translations (in English) are not simply 'equally valuable', as the majority of English translations that are proffered are based in the corrupted ('emended') texts. I have demonstrated this with detailed evidence in several threads now, beginning with this post and continuing - Help police! KJV is taking away my freedom of religion in USA reading another Bible versions!

I am not interested in opinion, only evidential facts. One may call it "foolishness", but that is simply opinion, not evidenced or documented. I have, however, demonstrated my point over and over, and could many times more.

What amazes me, is that some think that the devil never had a hand in attempting to corrupt God's words, even from the beginning. Some things are indeed, "of the devil", when it comes to translations. The Bible even foretold of it. Sister White even spoke of it, but who believes her any more, right? I will cease from this conversation, as I do not think it beneficial to you.
Please stop promoting Ellen G White in my thread. She has nothing to do with this topic, and even if she did, that was not the intent of this thread. I am strongly against the SDA religion. I am for the “Bible Alone + The Anointing to Understand It.”

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the publication of Vines which I suggested; there is translation and there is interpretation. One is quiet distinct from the other. I'm assuming you are aware of this just so we are on the same page? So, if you know why I have suggested reading the forward and introduction of Vines expository I suppose you know but if you haven't you do yourself a big disservice by speaking poorly of it.

Speaking other languages would give you an understanding of the complexity of translating in a way someone who only speaks one language could not understand, so in that sense you would hopefully have an advantage.

I have no beef with the KJV apart from its antiquated language however, other translations are equally as valuable from the perspective of seeing the elephant from another angle, so to speak.

I find riding the KJV as if other translations are second rate errs on the side of foolishness. Even though I find some sections of some translations a stretch, that does not mean all of it is. What I don't feel comfortable with I let slide, I don't damn it to hell and call it 'of the devil'....that is unwise.
Modern Versions are merely tainted or corrupted. That does not mean a person cannot get saved initially by hearing or reading from a Modern Translation. In fact, I even use Modern Bibles to help update the archaic words in the KJB at times. But Modern Versions cannot be my final word of authority because they all teach false doctrines and put the devil’s name in them where they do not belong. Modern Bibles also come from a corrupt source or origin, as well.

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please stop promoting Ellen G White in my thread. She has nothing to do with this topic, and even if she did, that was not the intent of this thread. I am strongly against the SDA religion. I am for the “Bible Alone + The Anointing to Understand It.”
I am not "promoting Ellen G White". I referred to her, to quietthinker, who is a Seventh-day Adventist, that if they did not believe me, that they might believe her (prophet / messenger of the LORD), for she wrote on this very subject in several instances. I gave to you the offer, to speak about her, in another thread, which is still open to you, if you are amenable to do so. It is easy to hate on something you do not understand, and refuse to address. As a Seventh-day Adventist myself, I am used to men's ignorance on the subject of prophets, testimony of Jesus, and their bitter hatred to anything which goes against their prejudices, and incorrect biases. It is easy to spew forth such ignorance, and yet never actually take a public stand to defend their bigotry. My open offer is still available, if and when you ever decide to actually follow through with Prov. 18:13,17; 1 Thess. 5:19-21; Acts 17:11; Isaiah 8:20; &c. If all you want to do, is simply repeat the same errors, garnered from some 'blog' online without a real challenge from scripture (KJB) to your incorrect belief, well, that is your prerogative, though I presonally think it is the coward's way out. You can be "strongly against the SDA religion", but I was not promoting the "SDA religion". I was promoting what the Bible said about prophets, Testimony of Jesus, which is scriptural, but never the less, as you will. I will take my leave of ignorance (someone without knowledge, and refusing knowledge; Hosea 4:6), and go to where there are those who are willing to consider what the Bible (KJB) has to say on this matter, and leave you to stand upon one leg:

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.​

You presently only stand upon one leg, [1] "To the law", and therefore, you have fallen (and yet will continue to will fall) into the ditch, for without the "spirit of prophecy" (Revelation 19:10), you will remain "blind" (Revelation 3:17), and so continue to teach and live according to Roman Catholic doctrines (Proverbs 23:27).

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Modern Versions are merely tainted or corrupted. That does not mean a person cannot get saved initially by hearing or reading from a Modern Translation. In fact, I even use Modern Bibles to help update the archaic words in the KJB at times. But Modern Versions cannot be my final word of authority because they all teach false doctrines and put the devil’s name in them where they do not belong. Modern Bibles also come from a corrupt source or origin, as well.
False doctrines come from the mind of man. Why blame the scriptures?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not "promoting Ellen G White". I referred to her, to quietthinker, who is a Seventh-day Adventist, that if they did not believe me, that they might believe her (prophet / messenger of the LORD), for she wrote on this very subject in several instances. I gave to you the offer, to speak about her, in another thread, which is still open to you, if you are amenable to do so. It is easy to hate on something you do not understand, and refuse to address. As a Seventh-day Adventist myself, I am used to men's ignorance on the subject of prophets, testimony of Jesus, and their bitter hatred to anything which goes against their prejudices, and incorrect biases. It is easy to spew forth such ignorance, and yet never actually take a public stand to defend their bigotry. My open offer is still available, if and when you ever decide to actually follow through with Prov. 18:13,17; 1 Thess. 5:19-21; Acts 17:11; Isaiah 8:20; &c. If all you want to do, is simply repeat the same errors, garnered from some 'blog' online without a real challenge from scripture (KJB) to your incorrect belief, well, that is your prerogative, though I presonally think it is the coward's way out. You can be "strongly against the SDA religion", but I was not promoting the "SDA religion". I was promoting what the Bible said about prophets, Testimony of Jesus, which is scriptural, but never the less, as you will. I will take my leave of ignorance (someone without knowledge, and refusing knowledge; Hosea 4:6), and go to where there are those who are willing to consider what the Bible (KJB) has to say on this matter, and leave you to stand upon one leg:

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.​

You presently only stand upon one leg, [1] "To the law", and therefore, you have fallen (and yet will continue to will fall) into the ditch, for without the "spirit of prophecy" (Revelation 19:10), you will remain "blind" (Revelation 3:17), and so continue to teach and live according to Roman Catholic doctrines (Proverbs 23:27).
hmmmm, so I'm a Seventh Day Adventist?
Ahhhh, the dot joining quagmire (the mind) where imagination runs off drawing all sorts of errant conclusions!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are name bombing so as to lead others to follow her messed up junk. Please stop. This is not the thread to promote a false prophetess. Please stop. Please. No more mention of her name in this thread. That’s name bombing.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False doctrines come from the mind of man. Why blame the scriptures?
Modern Versions are the Holy Scriptures? How can that be? They all contradict one another in many places. They have the devil’s name in them where they do not belong. Yeah, I heard all the excuses before, but if you defend the Revisers bibles then you are defending the Revisers themselves (like Westcott and Hort). Do you even know that they were into the occult? Do you even know that Modern Bibles have verses in them that favor the Catholic Church? You probably don’t and so that’s why you truly have not done your homework on this topic.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are name bombing so as to lead others to follow her messed up junk. Please stop. This is not the thread to promote a false prophetess. Please stop. Please. No more mention of her name in this thread. That’s name bombing.
I think you get off on the controversy BH and if folk don't dance to your tune you get narky.

Reactions: mailmandan

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Modern Versions are the Holy Scriptures? How can that be? They all contradict one another in many places. They have the devil’s name in them where they do not belong. Yeah, I heard all the excuses before, but if you defend the Revisers bibles then you are defending the Revisers themselves (like Westcott and Hort). Do you even know that they were into the occult? Do you even know that Modern Bibles have verses in them that favor the Catholic Church? You probably don’t and so that’s why you truly have not done your homework on this topic.
False doctrines come from the mind of man ......as do irritable dispositions......as does the attitude of 'see what I know'..... and that of ' I am right, you are wrong'.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you get off on the controversy BH and if folk don't dance to your tune you get narky.
A Spirit filled Christian does not speak in the way that you do. You use slanderous terms that unbeliever’s use (like you just did in this post). You also don’t really appear to say anything profound involving the Bible, either. You just appear to mock.
Believers are to preach the Word and to love each other and edify one another in the faith.

I would encourage you to read the Bible more and pray towards Him, and keep yourself away from the things of this world.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A Spirit filled Christian does not speak in the way that you do. You use slanderous terms that unbeliever’s use (like you just did in this post). You also don’t really appear to say anything profound involving the Bible, either. You just appear to mock.
Believers are to preach the Word and to love each other and edify one another in the faith.

I would encourage you to read the Bible more and pray towards Him, and keep yourself away from the things of this world.
or could it be that a Spirit filled Christian is rebuking you for arrogance and the position on your high horse wont let you acknowledge it?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or could it be that a Spirit filled Christian is rebuking you for arrogance and the position on your high horse wont let you acknowledge it?
I think not because God’s people do not use slanderous worldly insults to others like you used.

Anyways, getting back on topic, what do you make of my post here?
This really shows that numbers do really mean something to God (When it comes to His Word).

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think not because God’s people do not use slanderous worldly insults to others like you used.

Anyways, getting back on topic, what do you make of my post here?
This really shows that numbers do really mean something to God (When it comes to His Word).
For me the whole of scripture testifies to Jesus and unless folk who claim to know the scriptures can unfold that reality, I don't bother with their longwinded ramblings

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me the whole of scripture testifies to Jesus and unless folk who claim to know the scriptures can unfold that reality, I don't bother with their longwinded ramblings
Proverbs 18:13
”He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.”

Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.”