THE CHRISTIAN PARADIGM - WHAT IS YOURS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So what does this mean to you?

Matthew 9:16-17: - 16 No one puts a piece of unshrunk/fresher (kainos) cloth on an old garment; for the patch pulls away from the garment, and the tear is made worse. 17 Nor do they put new (neo) wine into old wineskins, or else the wineskins break, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But they put new (neo) wine into new/refurbished (kainous) wineskins, and both are preserved."

Mark 2:21-22: - 21 No one sews a piece of unshrunk/fresher (kainos) cloth on an old garment; or else the new/refurbishment {cloth} (kainos) piece pulls away from the old, and the tear is made worse. 22 And no one puts new (neo) wine into old wineskins; or else the new (neo) wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new (neo) wine must be put into new/refurbished (kainous) wineskins."

Luke 5:36-39: - 36 Then He spoke a parable to them: "No one puts a piece from a new/fresher (kainou) garment on an old one; otherwise, the new/fresher (cloth) (kainon) makes a tear, and also the piece that was taken out of the new/fresher (cloth) (kainou) does not match the old. 37 And no one puts new (neo) wine into old wineskins; or else the new (neo) wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskins will be ruined. 38 But new (neo) wine must be put into new/refurbished (kainous) wineskins, and both are preserved. 39 And no one, having drunk old wine, immediately desires new (neo); for he says, 'The old is better.'"​

We cannot patch Christ into our old self lest the old self is destroyed by becoming torn apart.

We cannot not put new wine into old wineskins because the old wineskins will burst and the new wine will be lost.

We need to refurbish the old wineskins, by the renewing of our minds and put on the new personhood of Christ, Eph.4:20-24. That is the wineskin must be made like new again so that old wineskin can hold the new wine.

What does this mean to me? It means that as long as I am prepared to renew my mind and put on the new me which was there from the beginning of time for me, then I will not tear the material of my covering, nor burst when I am filled with the HS.

Shalom

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When I was born again, I was born again spiritually.
God is 3 parts and we are made in His image. I am spirit, soul, and body. When I was born again, I was born of incorruptible seed. My spirit cannot sin.
My soul, itself consisting of 3 parts, mind, will, and emotion, is more complex.
When I sin, it comes from my soul.
Jesus taught that in order to follow Him, I must 1. deny self 2. take up my cross 3. follow Him.
Jesus denied Himself, took up His cross, and carried it to Calvary where He was crucified and after a short while, died.
We must do the same thing.
Since we're not God, we can't do it in 3 days. It took me 20 years.
Along the way I was insulted, slandered, jeered at, and abandoned by the religious people.
Whenever I hated, the fire got hotter until I relented, repented, took up my cross, and took the individual sin to the cross and crucified it.
It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.
God has given me a new wineskin to hold His new wine.
He circumcised my heart.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Truman, as a person, God found me as I was, battered and broken, but He loved me for who I was and gently massaged me and helped me to renew my mind from the corrupted understanding that I had, to an understanding that was of God's making. God did not invalidate me by making me a brand new entity, but rather he drew me and gathered me to Himself to plant me in a fertile field where I can draw my nourishment from Christ, the sower, in the fertile field that God prepared for me to be sown into, as He teaches me on the foundational truth that Christ is the Son of God, the foundation stone of God's religion that will grow to become the highest mountain/religion in all of the earth.

God's desire is that I walk in His Earth, fully dependent upon Him for my Spiritual sustenance such that I do the works that He has had prepared for me to Do so that His Glory may be seen through the work that I do for Him.

Shalom