The Chrurch, Israel, Israel>>The Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
I see no one has talked about it on this forum>>MMM> > I think its time to talk about this very important thing on this forum!! Is Israel GodJesus chosen people?>> Then of the Cross and the blood of the Lamb?? The bible if you understand it is very>very >>intro >>let me take you for a walk and we will find out!!>>your thoughts first!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
This is going to be very Heavy and a lot of so called Christians are not going to like what I will push{HOLY GHOST}

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Luther, Calvin and others. Why? Because although these men changed the world for God, and opposed Catholic Works-based doctrine, it was also well known that they had disdain for Jews
Luther had written a treatise that showed great favor toward Medieval Europe’s Jewish population. In That Jesus Christ was Born a Jew (1523), Luther extolled the Jewish people, the Torah, and the patriarchs and prophets, the heroes of Ancient Israel. Luther urged Europe’s princes to treat the Jews within their territories with kindness and forbearance. Luther understood that if he had been a Jew, and treated as badly as Christian Europe had treated the Jews, he would have “become a pig” before he’d convert to Christianity. The irony of using the non-kosher pig demonstrates Luther’s penchant for cutting irony—an irony that often cut both ways. In any case, in this treatise, Luther also wrote, “I hope that if one deals in a kindly way with the Jews and instructs them carefully from Holy Scripture, many of them will become genuine Christians and turn again to the faith of their fathers, the prophets, and patriarchs.” Here Luther demonstrated his belief at the time that (a) Christians had been guilty of mistreatment of the Jews, and (b) that given the return of the true Gospel (as taught by Luther), the Jews would eventually “come around.”
Twenty years later, Luther wrote a lengthy screed titled, Concerning the Jews and Their Lies (1543). Most of Concerning the Jews represents Luther’s attempt to contradict the teachings of the medieval rabbis and to show them from Scripture that Jesus is the Messiah. However, in the last section, he addressed what he thought should be the political response to perceived public blasphemies against Christ emanating from certain synagogues. “Set fire to their synagogues…and bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn.” In addition, he recommended that Jewish books be confiscated, that Jews be forced from their homes, and that they be made to give up all commercial activities, and instead work the land as day laborers.
Luther’s proposed measures against the Jewish citizenry of German lands well exceeded anything that he had previously proposed in regard to other enemies. Even Luther’s own colleagues and supporters were dismayed by the vehemence of Luther’s writing Concerning the Jews.
And from John Calvin, these words:
“Their [the Jews] rotten and unbending stiffneckedness deserves that they be oppressed unendingly and without measure or end and that they die in their misery without the pity of anyone.”

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Now if you ask a so called Christian what is a Jew and Israel they say nothing
Are you a Christian who holds disdain in your heart for the Jews? Please remember this:

• The entire Word of God is written primarily by Jews
  • Christ walked this earth as a Jew
  • The Apostles of Christ were Jews
  • The first Christians were Jews
  • The Word of God calls the Jews “The Chosen People”

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@blessedhope. I see in your OP, you view your topic through carnal eyes especially in your post #3, based on what men say and not what God says. now #1. I don't believe in replacement theology. #2. I don't believe all Israel will be SAVED according to the flesh "ONLY". so I take no stock in either of those theories.

but I would like to ask you this, since you're quoting men. who is a Jew? I'll be waiting for your answer, which should be interesting.

Reactions: Helen

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Who are the 144,000 virgin jews > in Jacobs troubles>> 10>> I'll be waiting for your answer, which should be interesting.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Just a SHOT>> 10, you don't have o thread but just tear apart . Must be a wonderful life!~
Actually, 101G makes some very good posts.

And, unless you use the reply button of tag your post, he won't know you even responded to him. Not a bad option if you just want to attempt to get the last word in.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry if i keep you waiting. I was responding to another topic. but the question who is a Jew. scripture, Romans 2:28 & 29 "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God". now as for Jacob, who is Israel, listen to the TRUTH, Romans 9:6 "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed".

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed".>>>>>>>>>>>>> I have read this garbage about 540 times with you people !!The thing that has been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done; and there is no new thing under the sun.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.>>MMMMMM<< Garbage!>> What does the bible really say???>>>MMMMMM<<<<>>>>MMM

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@blessedhope, this is why I don't believe in any replacement theology. we all have to come the same way, one must be, have to be, got to be, "BORN from ABOVE". see, the church was in the wilderness, and before, as according to Jacob, or Israel as they walked. Acts 7:38 "This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us". yes, for Israel was in Abraham loins when he met Melchizedek. but even those who did not sin after the similitude of Adam's transgression, (see Romans 5:14)

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
I'm not even going to thread what the Sword of GodJesus says because you could not understand it! Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to ask you this. "is all Israel in Christ Jesus" yes or no. meaning do they accept the Lord Jesus as their Savior

Reactions: Helen

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Ok>> lets get down to what the bibles says about Israel and the church>> For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
These are the people who don't understand spiritual signification. They don't see the true Light on account of their spiritual ignorance and depravity. They have closed their eyes against the Light. They have rejected divine teaching. They are unwilling to understand the things of God. They don't have more knowledge because they don't use what they have already. Their understanding is darkened. Hence, they are willfully blind. They have the capacity to understand, yet they do not understand. Their hearts are hardened . They have become preoccupied with mere temporalities.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
the Church is completely different and distinct from Israel, and the two should not be confused. In fact, the Church is an entirely new creation that came into being on the Day of Pentecost after Christ’s resurrection from the dead, and will continue until it is taken to Heaven at the Rapture return of the Lord Eph. 1:9-11). None of the curses or blessings pronounced upon Israel refer directly to the Church. The Church enters into the Abrahamic and New Covenants, for instance, only by divine application, not by original interpretation Matt 26:28).
This leaves all the covenants, promises, and warnings to Israel intact. Israel, the natural Jewish nation, is still Israel. To be sure, Israel has been side-lined during these past 1,900 years of the Diaspora. The Church has taken center stage in the Lord’s affairs as the Gospel has spread throughout the world. Nevertheless, God has carefully preserved the Jewish people, even in unbelief, through every kind of distress and persecution. Sometimes, the professing Church itself (I speak to our shame) has been a cause of these persecutions to the Jews.
Not only has God preserved the Jewish nation, but He has also kept His promise to save a remnant of Israel in every generation. The remnant of Israel in this age are the Jewish believers in Christ who have joined the Gentile believers, and form the Church, the Body of Christ Rom. 11:5). In this respect, then, a part of Israel (the believing remnant) intersects with the Church during the Church Age. But this does not make Israel the Church, or vice versa.