The complete paganism of the Tri-quetra (triquetra), and it's anti-Christian purpose

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wont like his answer . He believes they are in the RCC . This is known as indoctrination .
For paul never taught such a thing as though man was or is infallible . EVEN the very ones who walked with HIM
never told folks not to test men . All men , all stewards must be tested . Any church that teaches otherwise
is a church that is really teaching , THUS SAYETH ME . NOT GOD . They get folks to trust IN THEM as ABSOLUTE
And this has and will continue to destroy the souls of all who would sit under such a thing .
I was there my friend. I was a devout faithful Catholic boy serving as an altar boy from a very early age until I graduated from high school. I never heard any priest or nun or faithful member of the church call any living person an apostle, not even in reference to the Pope. If any of them believed that there were living apostles, they were always silent about it when I was around. In those days my hearing was very good.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where are these apostles today? Without the Holy Spirit leading them, how could they Not teach error? Are they not men? Was there even one man in the scriptures aside from Jesus who did not fail to see all there was to see and obey God always? Is this not because men do too often follow their own physical heads instead of being led and guided by the Spirit of truth? What apostle has ever been an exception to that? But then again, I ask, if you know, Where are these apostles today?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

apostles successors are the valid bishops teaching what Christ has revealed and the still guided by the spirit acts 1
Acts 8 the spirit sent and apostle to the eunuch

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cause you claim your RCC has those men . when in truth i have examined the RCC
and seen its so called vicars , bishops and deacons lead astray many . Just as i have seen them do in the protestant realm .
You trust in an institution . But the lambs shall trust in Christ alone . And thus while we do have leaders
we test those leaders and do so always .

what does vicar mean?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wont like his answer . He believes they are in the RCC . This is known as indoctrination .
For paul never taught such a thing as though man was or is infallible . EVEN the very ones who walked with HIM
never told folks not to test men . All men , all stewards must be tested . Any church that teaches otherwise
is a church that is really teaching , THUS SAYETH ME . NOT GOD . They get folks to trust IN THEM as ABSOLUTE
And this has and will continue to destroy the souls of all who would sit under such a thing .
I belonged to a church like that with a man named as pastor acting like that. Of course when I started to attend there I had never read the Bible at all.

Reactions: amigo de christo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even paul said He must be judged . All men must be examined . Even peter and barnabas and others
made a mistake by dissimulation . But GOD quickly set it straight by using paul to rebuke it .
We must always test the doctrine of men . The thing i do know is true , is the letters they did write and teach the church with .
The bible , now that holds the truth . But oh yes , all men must always be tested . For i have seen one speak truth
today only tomorrow they speak a lie . We must always test all men and do so against biblical sound truth .
On that note , THE TIME on deck is yet again , TIME TO PRAISE and THANK THE LORD . For never is there such a thing
as too much praise or thanksgiving to be given unto the LORD .

A valid pope is not impeccable or infallible in his person
Only in teaching
Free from error with apostolic authority to the universal church on matters of faith and morals only
A very strick definition

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and seen its so called vicars , bishops and deacons lead astray many . Just as i have seen them do in the protestant realm .
You trust in an institution . But the lambs shall trust in Christ alone . And thus while we do have leaders

Vicar Christ continues his work of redemption thru the apostles
jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But the lambs shall trust in Christ alone
Really?
Jn 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
apostles successors are the valid bishops teaching what Christ has revealed and the still guided by the spirit acts 1
Acts 8 the spirit sent and apostle to the eunuch
Not admitting that any of them are really apostles sent by God, but even sent apostles are fallible men. Likely some of those you would call apostles [if you do] teach some of God's truth some of the time, but as I said, there is not one who is now always right and always teaches it completely right as did Jesus. This is why anyone really serving God and desiring to be like Jesus still is able give all of his the trust to God alone. Not one other man, you and me included, may always be trusted.

How do we know who to trust and when? Can we or should we trust a man simply because he holds position in a church? No! Can we trust the Holy Ghost? Yes! Where and how does one access the Holy Ghost?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not admitting that any of them are really apostles sent by God, but even sent apostles are fallible men. Likely some of those you would call apostles [if you do] teach some of God's truth some of the time, but as I said, there is not one who is now always right and always teaches it completely right as did Jesus. This is why anyone really serving God and desiring to be like Jesus still is able give all of his the trust to God alone. Not one other man, you and me included, may always be trusted.

How do we know who to trust and when? Can we or should we trust a man simply because he holds position in a church? No! Can we trust the Holy Ghost? Yes! Where and how does one access the Holy Ghost?

God governs his holy church
Jn 15:5

Ephesians 5:24
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ...

have the same authority as Christ!
Christ sent apostles, do the apostles send apostles Jn 20:21-23 matt 28:1-20
I am with you ( the apostles) till the end

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God governs his holy church

have the same authority as Christ!
Christ sent apostles, do the apostles send apostles Jn 20:21-23 matt 28:1-20
I am with you ( the apostles) till the end
I know that when I was very young I was approximately where you are now as I see it so I won't pursue this any farther.

I could perhaps provide scriptures in support of what I believe, with reference to each thing you have written here, but I am not God and you are not really interested in what I might say or in how the scriptures might be taken differently than you take them. The answer is in the Holy Ghost as I have said, but you cannot hear my words on that.

If ever you get hungry and thirsty for God and fail to see the answer in your church, do not hesitate to ask of me. I do not know all of the answers, but I do know someone who does!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that when I was very young I was approximately where you are now as I see it so I won't pursue this any farther.

I could perhaps provide scriptures in support of what I believe, with reference to each thing you have written here, but I am not God and you are not really interested in what I might say or in how the scriptures might be taken differently than you take them. The answer is in the Holy Ghost as I have said, but you cannot hear my words on that.

If ever you get hungry and thirsty for God and fail to see the answer in your church, do not hesitate to ask of me. I do not know all of the answers, but I do know someone who does!

you’re a wise man

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You might just consider reading (as Christianity Board is also mentioned, and has some of the same people and tech) - Christian Forums is rated "Bad" with 1.6 / 5 on Trustpilot
Personally, I am thankful that I have access to Christianityboard in spite of frustrations experienced. Wherever I go there is much horse sh.t peddled as gourmet meals however, opportunities to share how I see on this forum have as yet not been curtailed and for that I am grateful.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what does vicar mean?

I will comment on the subject of the definition of “anti” according to Holy Scripture, and yes, it does have two definitions:

– against

– in the place of

Both definitions fit perfectly well with “he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ”, in this way:

[1] as someone which is “against” Jesus Christ, thus denies that Jesus is the Christ in sheer afront, or opposition, and

[2] as someone which is “in the place of” Jesus Christ, thus denies that Jesus is the Christ, by seeking to usurp the position/place of Him.

Thus in both fashions, or both definitions, it fits fine. Now to the Holy Scriptures:

2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

[1] opposeth (meaning against)

[2] exalteth (meaning to the very place of)

The Catholic encyclopedia defines the word anti in both fashions also:

“… In composition anti has different meanings: …” [Catholic Online Encyclopedia; “A”; “Antichrist”]

"… anti (in the place of …)…" [Catholic Online Encyclopedia; “S”; “Sacrifice”]

In this sense it is very much like the Latin word ‘vicarius’:

"Vicar
(Latin vicarius , from vice , "instead of") …" [Catholic Online Encyclopedia; “V”; “Vicar”] - CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Vicar

See the Roman Catholic uses of "Vicarius Christi", "Vicarius Iesus Christi"; "Vicarius Filii Dei".

"The pope's universal coercive jurisdiction... ... Moreover, the powers conferred in these regards are plenary. ... nothing is withheld. ... Further, Peter's authority is subordinated to no earthly superior. The sentences which he gives are to be forthwith ratified in heaven. They do not need the antecedent approval of any other tribunal. ... This judicial authority will even include the power to pardon sin. ... supreme power in this kingdom carries with it a supreme magisterium — authority to declare that doctrine and to prescribe a rule of faith obligatory on all. ... as subject to the authority of him who should be Christ's vicegerent on earth. .." [Online Catholic Encyclopedia, The Pope] - CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Pope

"Vicar of Christ (Latin Vicarius Christi). ... thus, Innocent III appeals for his power to remove bishops to the fact that he is Vicar of Christ (cap. "Inter corporalia", 2, "De trans. ep."). ... and states that it is the Roman Pontiff who is "the successor of Peter and the Vicar of Jesus Christ" (cap. "Licet", 4, ibid.). The title Vicar of God used for the pope by Nicholas III (c. "Fundamenta ejus", 17, "De elect.", in 6) is employed as an equivalent for Vicar of Christ" [Online Catholic Encyclopedia, Vicar of Christ] - CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Vicar of Christ

“But since We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty, ...” [“The Great Encyclical Letters of Pope Leo XIII”, Encyclical Letter June 20, 1894; http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Leo13/l13praec.htm

"...2. We, indeed, to all men are the Vicar of Christ, the Son of God ..." [Online Catholic Encyclopedia, In Plurimi; On the Abolition of Slavery; His Holiness Pope Leo XIII; May 5, 1888; To the Bishops of Brazil.] - CATHOLIC LIBRARY: In Plurimis (1888) and Leo XIII - In Plurimis

" … Can. 391 §1. It is for the diocesan bishop to govern the particular church entrusted to him with legislative, executive, and judicial power according to the norm of law.

§2. The bishop exercises legislative power himself. He exercises executive power either personally or through vicars general or episcopal vicars according to the norm of law. He exercises judicial power either personally or through the judicial vicar and judges according to the norm of law. …" [Roman Catholic Canon Law; BOOK II. THE PEOPLE OF GOD LIBER II. DE POPULO DEI; PART II. THE HIERARCHICAL CONSTITUTION OF THE CHURCH; SECTION II. PARTICULAR CHURCHES AND THEIR GROUPINGS; TITLE I. PARTICULAR CHURCHES AND THE AUTHORITY ESTABLISHED IN THEM (Cann. 368 – 430); CHAPTER II. BISHOPS; Art. 2. DIOCESAN BISHOPS] - http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/__P1E.HTM

All names which in the scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that he is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.” [Cardinal Robert Bellarmine (Full Italian name: Roberto Francesco Romolo Bellarmino (Canonized-1930 and Doctor of the Church (Jesuit))), Disputationes de Controversiis (aka: Disputationes de Controversiis Christianae Fidei adversus hujus temporis Haereticos) [Lectures Concerning the Controversies of the Christian Faith Against the Heretics of This Time], Tom. 2, “Controversia Prima,” Book 2 (De Conciliorum Auctoritate)[“On Authority of the Councils”], Chapter 17, (1628 ed.) Vol. 1, pp. 266-translated]

In Latin: “Secundo probatur ratione, in Scripturis fundata; nam omnia nomina, quae in Scripturis tribuuntur Christo, unde constat eum esse supra Ecclesiam, eadem omnia tribuuntur Pontifici.” [http://cdigital.dgb.uanl.mx/la/10800...0015573_21.pdf]​

In the Apocalypse (Revelation) 2:13 the word “Antipas”, means “in the place of the father” or even “against the father”. Words like “Antioch”, and “Antipatris” are also found similar uses. Even in Septuaginta, Lev. 6:15 (6:22 English)

Lev_6:15 ὁ ἱερεὺς ὁ χριστὸς ἀντ᾿ αὐτοῦ ἐκ τῶν υἱῶν αὐτοῦ ποιήσει αὐτήν· νόμος αἰώνιος, ἅπαν ἐπιτελεσθήσεται.​

It literally says, “christos anti”.

Lev 6:22 And the priest of his sons that is anointed in his stead shall offer it: it is a statute for ever unto the LORD; it shall be wholly burnt.​

See also septaginta II Chron. 26:1, “anti” meaning “in the place/room/office of”, “anti tou patros” (in the place of the [his Uzziah’s] father [Amaziah]") Also see, I Ki 5:1 English for similar phrasing, though septuaginta changes the words and speaks of chariots and being lifted up, instead of being anointed in the place of, as English.

See also Matt. 2:22, “anti” meaning “in the place/room/office of”, “anti [H]erwdou tou patros” (in the place of Herod the [his Archelaus] father [Herod]").

Other places are Luke 1:20, 12:3, 19:44; Acts 12:23; II Thess 2:10, “anth wn”; and Eph 5:31, “anti toutou”.

So, in short, to be against, and/or in the place/room/office of, both fit “anti”, and both fit “deny” Jesus the Christ, but in differing ways. One is overt opposition, the other is covert opposition or usurpation (like False Smerdis; Ezr. 4:7-24).

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will comment on the subject of the definition of “anti” according to Holy Scripture, and yes, it does have two definitions:

– against

– in the place of

Both definitions fit perfectly well with “he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ”, in this way:

[1] as someone which is “against” Jesus Christ, thus denies that Jesus is the Christ in sheer afront, or opposition, and

[2] as someone which is “in the place of” Jesus Christ, thus denies that Jesus is the Christ, by seeking to usurp the position/place of Him.

Thus in both fashions, or both definitions, it fits fine. Now to the Holy Scriptures:

2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

“… In composition anti has different meanings: …” [Catholic Online Encyclopedia; “A”; “Antichrist”]

"Vicar
(Latin vicarius , from vice , "instead of") …" [Catholic Online Encyclopedia; “V”; “Vicar”] - CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Vicar

See the Roman Catholic uses of "Vicarius Christi", "Vicarius Iesus Christi"; "Vicarius Filii Dei".

"The pope's universal coercive jurisdiction... ... Moreover, the powers conferred in these regards are plenary. ... nothing is withheld. ... Further, Peter's authority is subordinated to no earthly superior. The sentences which he gives are to be forthwith ratified in heaven. They do not need the antecedent approval of any other tribunal. ... This judicial authority will even include the power to pardon sin. ... supreme power in this kingdom carries with it a supreme magisterium — authority to declare that doctrine and to prescribe a rule of faith obligatory on all. ... as subject to the authority of him who should be Christ's vicegerent on earth. .." [Online Catholic Encyclopedia, The Pope] - CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Pope

"Vicar of Christ (Latin Vicarius Christi). ... thus, Innocent III appeals for his power to remove bishops to the fact that he is Vicar of Christ (cap. "Inter corporalia", 2, "De trans. ep."). ... and states that it is the Roman Pontiff who is "the successor of Peter and the Vicar of Jesus Christ" (cap. "Licet", 4, ibid.). The title Vicar of God used for the pope by Nicholas III (c. "Fundamenta ejus", 17, "De elect.", in 6) is employed as an equivalent for Vicar of Christ" [Online Catholic Encyclopedia, Vicar of Christ] - CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Vicar of Christ

“But since We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty, ...” [“The Great Encyclical Letters of Pope Leo XIII”, Encyclical Letter June 20, 1894; http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Leo13/l13praec.htm

"...2. We, indeed, to all men are the Vicar of Christ, the Son of God ..." [Online Catholic Encyclopedia, In Plurimi; On the Abolition of Slavery; His Holiness Pope Leo XIII; May 5, 1888; To the Bishops of Brazil.] - CATHOLIC LIBRARY: In Plurimis (1888) and Leo XIII - In Plurimis

" … Can. 391 §1. It is for the diocesan bishop to govern the particular church entrusted to him with legislative, executive, and judicial power according to the norm of law.

§2. The bishop exercises legislative power himself. He exercises executive power either personally or through vicars general or episcopal vicars according to the norm of law. He exercises judicial power either personally or through the judicial vicar and judges according to the norm of law. …" [Roman Catholic Canon Law; BOOK II. THE PEOPLE OF GOD LIBER II. DE POPULO DEI; PART II. THE HIERARCHICAL CONSTITUTION OF THE CHURCH; SECTION II. PARTICULAR CHURCHES AND THEIR GROUPINGS; TITLE I. PARTICULAR CHURCHES AND THE AUTHORITY ESTABLISHED IN THEM (Cann. 368 – 430); CHAPTER II. BISHOPS; Art. 2. DIOCESAN BISHOPS] - http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/__P1E.HTM

All names which in the scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that he is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.” [Cardinal Robert Bellarmine (Full Italian name: Roberto Francesco Romolo Bellarmino (Canonized-1930 and Doctor of the Church (Jesuit))), Disputationes de Controversiis (aka: Disputationes de Controversiis Christianae Fidei adversus hujus temporis Haereticos) [Lectures Concerning the Controversies of the Christian Faith Against the Heretics of This Time], Tom. 2, “Controversia Prima,” Book 2 (De Conciliorum Auctoritate)[“On Authority of the Councils”], Chapter 17, (1628 ed.) Vol. 1, pp. 266-translated]

In Latin: “Secundo probatur ratione, in Scripturis fundata; nam omnia nomina, quae in Scripturis tribuuntur Christo, unde constat eum esse supra Ecclesiam, eadem omnia tribuuntur Pontifici.” [http://cdigital.dgb.uanl.mx/la/10800...0015573_21.pdf]​

In the Apocalypse (Revelation) 2:13 the word “Antipas”, means “in the place of the father” or even “against the father”. Words like “Antioch”, and “Antipatris” are also found similar uses. Even in Septuaginta, Lev. 6:15 (6:22 English)

Lev_6:15 ὁ ἱερεὺς ὁ χριστὸς ἀντ᾿ αὐτοῦ ἐκ τῶν υἱῶν αὐτοῦ ποιήσει αὐτήν· νόμος αἰώνιος, ἅπαν ἐπιτελεσθήσεται.​

Lev 6:22 And the priest of his sons that is anointed in his stead shall offer it: it is a statute for ever unto the LORD; it shall be wholly burnt.​

See also septaginta II Chron. 26:1, “anti” meaning “in the place/room/office of”, “anti tou patros” (in the place of the [his Uzziah’s] father [Amaziah]") Also see, I Ki 5:1 English for similar phrasing, though septuaginta changes the words and speaks of chariots and being lifted up, instead of being anointed in the place of, as English.

See also Matt. 2:22, “anti” meaning “in the place/room/office of”, “anti [H]erwdou tou patros” (in the place of Herod the [his Archelaus] father [Herod]").

Other places are Luke 1:20, 12:3, 19:44; Acts 12:23; II Thess 2:10, “anth wn”; and Eph 5:31, “anti toutou”.

So, in short, to be against, and/or in the place/room/office of, both fit “anti”, and both fit “deny” Jesus the Christ, but in differing ways. One is overt opposition, the other is covert opposition or usurpation (like False Smerdis; Ezr. 4:7-24).

vicar simply means that they have the power and authority to act in the person of Christ in His absence

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Matt 16:17-19

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

– against

– in the place of

"Vicar

Christ does not administer his own kingdom but appointed peter and the apostles to do so
Why do you have a problem with this

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Ephesians 5:24
Wow, just like the devil in the wilderness (Matthew 4; Luke 4), quoting only part of a verse to justify their erroneous, blasphemous and sinful position. Did you think we, who actually read and believe the scripture, wouldn't notice?

Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
The 'rock' isn't Peter, as the blasphemous Roman Catholic church teaches. It's the word of God, so says Jesus Himself in the same Gospel:

Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Luk 6:47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
Luk 6:48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
Luk 6:49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Luk_8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Psa_71:3 Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.​

Peter is simply shifting 'sand' (small moving pebble) crushed by the waves of the tide of humanity. Numerous examples in scripture abound:

Mat_14:30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

Mat 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Mat_16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
Mar_8:33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men. [compare to what Jesus said in the wilderness, Luke 4:8]

Mat_26:34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Mat_26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.
Mar_14:30 And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Mar_14:72 And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.
Luk_22:61 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Mat 26:69 Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.
Mat 26:70 But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.
Mat 26:71 And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.
Mat 26:72 And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.
Mat 26:73 And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.
Mat 26:74 Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.
Mat 26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
Gal 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
Gal 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 'rock' isn't Peter, as the blasphemous Roman Catholic church teaches. It's the word of God, so says Jesus Himself in the same Gospel:

Yet, the word of God, is unchanging, and cannot be moved.

Mat_16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mar_8:29 And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.

Joh_11:27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.​

The word of God came from Heaven, that Jesus is the "Christ, the Son of the living God". An unchanging truth straight from the Father. This is the 'rock' upon which the church is built. Peter himself says so in 'Amening' Jesus:

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.​

Paul says the same:

Eph_2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

1Co_10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Rom_9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.​

If you, 'take away the stone [of Peter]', Jesus will be alive unto you, but if you keep the 'stone [of Peter]' where it is, Jesus will never come forth to you alive.