The concept of existence and perfection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Accusative comments stop the conversation dead in its tracks with me.
You blame me for accusitive comments? Then what was that second gigantic post you created ranting about how bad I am (you also horribly butchered the truth in it as well since you have a flawed understanding)? Also, your comment in itself is an accusation that I'm in the bad hypoctrite

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You blame me for accusitive comments? Then what was that second gigantic post you created ranting about how bad I am (you also horribly butchered the truth in it as well since you have a flawed understanding)? Also, your comment in itself is an accusation that I'm in the bad hypoctrite

Was that post directed solely at you? It wasn't. You just assumed that it was. I wonder if my post was pricking your conscience?

You are determined to persist in discrediting me, so you can judge your own comments in the light of love, joy, peace, gentleness, and kindness. And then consider the Scripture: "Those who don't have the spirit of Christ are none of His" (Romans 8:9).
So if your comments to me lack love, joy, peace, gentleness and kindness which are the spirit of Christ, then you can be your own judge on the basis of God's Word. So it is not me who is judging you, but the Bible itself.

Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was that post directed solely at you? It wasn't. You just assumed that it was. I wonder if my post was pricking your conscience?

You are determined to persist in discrediting me, so you can judge your own comments in the light of love, joy, peace, gentleness, and kindness. And then consider the Scripture: "Those who don't have the spirit of Christ are none of His" (Romans 8:9).
So if your comments to me lack love, joy, peace, gentleness and kindness which are the spirit of Christ, then you can be your own judge on the basis of God's Word. So it is not me who is judging you, but the Bible itself.
Is the Bible the word of God?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I guess I hit your nerve too if your acting like this
All I am doing is commenting on your posts in terms of the fruit of the Spirit. I have been nothing but respectful to you and have received nasty, godless abuse from you in return. You might not agree, but I'll bet that the godly, Biblical believers who read our posts will see who is closer to the fruit of the Spirit.

Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I am doing is commenting on your posts in terms of the fruit of the Spirit. I have been nothing but respectful to you and have received nasty, godless abuse from you in return. You might not agree, but I'll bet that the godly, Biblical believers who read our posts will see who is closer to the fruit of the Spirit.
There we go with the Bible again. Again, is the Bible the word of God

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not going to bother reading all that you said since it can be refuted with this concept: understand the concept of self and existence. Christ was perfect in God while humans can be perfect in Christ in God. There is a difference in level of self there, which is why he is higher than a being who reaches the same behavioral pattern. But to be honest, the concept of self merges with the behavioral pattern to create the final product. So although such a being might reach the same behavioral pattern, the final product is different because of the difference in level of self
Will you just speak English, for crying out loud!
What does difference in 'level of self' mean? Ontology, essence, biology, anatomy, what? Just say what you mean, if you are able?
What does it mean that 'Christ was perfect in God', and 'humans can be perfect in Christ in God'?
You have absolutely no comprehension of what you are talking about. It's nothing but philosophical pretense.
Get serious, and get practical. Say something that people can understand, and then apply.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I thought Jesus was the Word of God. So what is it? The Bible or Jesus?
The Holy Spirit inspired the Old Testament authors, who were holy men of God who wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. And Jesus, through the Holy Spirit inspired the writers of the New Testament. The same Holy Spirit who said that Jesus was the Word, is the Person who said that all scripture is inspired of God (2 Timothy 3:16). So the Bible is God's communication to mankind, and therefore is the Word of God. Jesus said clearly that we have Moses and the Prophets and if we don't believe them, it wouldn't matter if someone rose from the dead, we wouldn't believe him either.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What does difference in 'level of self' mean? Ontology, essence, biology, anatomy, what? Just say what you mean, if you are able?
What does it mean that 'Christ was perfect in God', and 'humans can be perfect in Christ in God'?
You have absolutely no comprehension of what you are talking about. It's nothing but philosophical pretense.
Get serious, and get practical. Say something that people can understand, and then apply.
He doesn't believe the Bible is the Word of God, so trying to reason with him on the basis of the Bible is not going to get anywhere with him.

Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were spiritual, then you'd understand what I'm saying.

Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He doesn't believe the Bible is the Word of God, so trying to reason with him on the basis of the Bible is not going to get anywhere with him.
I'm sorry that I regard the Spirit in those shells over the words themselves. I guess I just can't help myself, it's my food day and night

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It appears. His Faith said Christian, so I assumed that there was a common denominator.
But, you're absolutely right, not even close!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you were spiritual, then you'd understand what I'm saying.
If you were spiritual, there would be no confusion amongst fellow Christians.
You call yourself a Christian, but haven't quoted Scripture once, yet?
Are you unfamiliar with the tenets of Christendom?

Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning the concept of basis, there are many instances where "Scripture" is not even used by the authors. Paul goes talking about the olive trees and such without quoting "scripture". This is your flaw and your loss: YOU CUT OFF THE SPIRIT. You isolate to these small snibits and say it's everything. By doing that, you have a very sickly isolated spirit. To reguard a part (and such a small part as well!) as the whole is very deadly. Your own pride is your undoing

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It makes me wonder, if he doesn't believe what the Bible says to him, what voices is he hearing that makes him think it is Jesus or the Holy Spirit.

We know that God has said everything He is going to say to us in the pages of the written Scriptures. It's all there when we go digging for it to find answers for ourselves.