The context of 1 Thess 5:1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but you also have to take into account that the temple will be rebuilt by this time, which means there may be far greater religious fervor by the time those prophetic events unfold.

Ah! But then I don't have to "take in account" because I am 98% sure it will never be built. Not physically. I believe God has other plans.

Much of what is put out as prophetical I see as being spiritually fulfilled.
But , I do have that very small % margin of doubt... :D

Reactions: Truth

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
I will say this. God established His own Calendar, He also established the Spring and Fall Feast, Leviticus 23. God did not establish these for no reason! What day did our Savior enter through the north Gate riding on the Donkey, why were there Throng's of People waiting for this event, and why were there Palm frons, and people laying their garment's on the Path that lead to the Temple??? Here is the best part! why did Jesus instruct the Disciples to gather at the gate on this Day! As soon as Jesus entered the Gate, His Disciples began to Shout, Hosanna in the Highest, Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord!!!!! Then the Priest Demand that Jesus tells His Disciples to Shut Up and stop saying this. And Jesus replied! I WILL NOT< I WILL NOT< If the Rocks have to cry it out then the rocks will cry it out!!! Every year for at least a thousand years, on the 10th day of the month of Nissan the High Priest would go to Bethlehem, where they kept a Sheepfold to choose a lamb, without blemish for the National Passover Lamb, for the nation of Israel, and when the Priest entered the Gate the Other Priests would begin to Shout, Hosanna in the highest blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! these are called Holy Convocations, or Set apart rehearsals! Our Savior Just Fulfilled what is called Living Oracles, it is a how we, and what we do as a outward Worship to God, a Ritual! The Redeemer, enters the City at the beginning of the Feast of Redemption, and 4 days latter He becomes THE Passover Lamb, The Savior of the World!

That's right, and a day begins at sunset. Good post Truth. What do you think about Rev 12:1-5 sign coming to pass in the heavens on 9/23/17 also.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But, who are The Jews?

Is it the blood of Abraham or the spirit of Abraham?

Esau was of the blood line of Abraham as was Ishmael...:eek:

The faith-line of Abraham are the Jews...
If we are going to look for the "true Jews" being the pure blood line of Abraham I would guess you'd find about 50 in the whole world.

Most of those who 'go by' the name of Jew these days ..are not 'of Abraham either blood-wise or spiritually.
Many who choose to live in Israel are no more born Jews than the singer Madonna was!! She just chose it. The waters are VERY MUDDY.

Who are the Jews???? :confused:
@quietthinker and @Hidden In Him

If sense is trying to be made of the Jewish national situation by cobbling texts together so that the unfolding events in Palestine have the meaning that God is bringing 'his people' together for the temporal earthly vindication of his purposes I think the barking will wear throats out because the focus is misplaced..

Paul makes it clear that national Israel is a figure. He defines 'Jew' as being those of faith (Romans 2:28)
Looking at it any other way makes mockery of the OT prophecies re Israel.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If sense is trying to be made of the Jewish national situation by cobbling texts together so that the unfolding events in Palestine have the meaning that God is bringing 'his people' together for the temporal earthly vindication of his purposes I think the barking will wear throats out because the focus is misplaced..

Paul makes it clear that national Israel is a figure. He defines 'Jew' as being those of faith (Romans 2:28)
Looking at it any other way makes mockery of the OT prophecies re Israel.

YES!!! I couldn't agree more... Two thumbs up!! :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, I do have that very small % margin of doubt... :D

LoL. One day when we're in Heaven, if I ended up being wrong, I'll admit to being fallible as well. :)

25-of-japans-favorite-animal-fail-gifs14.gif

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:D Excellent!! Love it...

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's right, and a day begins at sunset. Good post Truth. What do you think about Rev 12:1-5 sign coming to pass in the heavens on 9/23/17 also.

I was not aware of an indecent appearing in the Heavens on 9/23/17?
Please educate me, please!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah! But then I don't have to "take in account" because I am 98% sure it will never be built. Not physically. I believe God has other plans.

Much of what is put out as prophetical I see as being spiritually fulfilled.
But , I do have that very small % margin of doubt... :D

I must Agree, there will never be a Temple built with hand's!
I have seen documentaries about how ready Israel is to establish an Alter, and that they have manufactured the instruments , for the Temple, all in Gold. The thing is all they need is a cornerstone, and erect the Alter, then dedicate it for 8 days, and you have an except-able Alter for sacrifice! Yes! God will Honor it, and the world will go nuts! But how else will the Prophecy " Abomination of Desolation" be fulfilled. It is the shutting down of said Alter that begin's the last three and a half years of the GREAT Tribulation.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:) For me, ByGrace, I was simply referring to "a member of the people and cultural community whose traditional religion is Judaism." And yes, there are many living in Israel now whose practice of Judaism is nominal at best, but you also have to take into account that the temple will be rebuilt by this time, which means there may be far greater religious fervor by the time those prophetic events unfold. Certainly any Muslims living in the land of Israel at that time will have no need to fear, for they have already converted to Islam. It will be especially those who adhere to the religion of Judaism who will be under threat of death. Traditionally they are always the targets of Antichrist figures, as took place with Antiochus Epiphanes.

As for the Madonna types, I doubt they'll be staying Jews for long. They'll probably be singing a new song real quick, LoL.

All said is true, I liked what you posted, as far as the Temple being built, I think when that was translated it should have read the Holy place, which is the 500 cubit by 500 cubit temple mount. And if we are still here when these thing's happen there will be many, many people singing a new tune, Jews and Christians alike!! And if you are in Jerusalem at that time it will not matter who you are, 2 thirds of the people will be Slaughtered! Our God and Savior are Still working with Plan A.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'll sit this one out I think. God wont honour any of it.
And I don't see it. The "feet" are a mixture and weak , just iron and clay...I don't see anyone pulling anything "off"... as people believe is 'prophesied'.

I don't believe that is the " Abomination of Desolation" .

So, I am reading along as you post, but sitting back on this. :)

Be blessed...H

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But how else will the Prophecy " Abomination of Desolation" be fulfilled.

It is in process of being fulfilled in the heart of those whose focus is man.
Man becomes the ultimate authority, remember 666? man man man and his religious inventions.
Jesus is eclipsed by man. His sacrifice is eclipsed by man, in fact Gods whole purpose is subverted. The whole work of Jesus is used to rubber stamp man's replacement and cleverly, that replacement has become man. This is the Abomination that makes desolate.

Here are a few ways it manifests;
1...Faith is made the object of worship over and above the object of faith, ie Jesus
2...Man is revered in confessionals sidestepping the great intercessor
3...National Israel gets the focus subtly eclipsing real Israel and what makes it great ie Jesus

At every turn man has taken what belongs to God and turned it on himself to glorify himself particularly in matters of religion. It is not incidental that Jesus added 'let the reader understand' in his reference to the Abomination of Desolation.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Man becomes the ultimate authority, remember 666? man man man and his religious inventions.
Jesus is eclipsed by man. His sacrifice is eclipsed by man, in fact Gods whole purpose is subverted. The whole work of Jesus is used to rubber stamp man's replacement and cleverly, that replacement has become man. This is the Abomination that makes desolate.

1...Faith is made the object of worship over and above the object of faith, ie Jesus
3...National Israel gets the focus subtly eclipsing real Israel and what makes it great ie Jesus

At every turn man has taken what belongs to God and turned it on himself to glorify himself particularly in matters of religion. It is not incidental that Jesus added 'let the reader understand' in his reference to the Abomination of Desolation.

Well here I am proving myself a liar already!! :D

I said I would sit back...but I just wanted to say " Well said, and well worded.
I 100% agree.
Most of Christendom is looking in the wrong place ..most look to something literal, I doubt many can hear what you say here, and even if they can, I doubt they will agree.... the literal prophesy people have done a good brainwashing job.

Be blessed brother...excellent word here.

Thumb.gif

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I guess I will just slip into ByGrace's box and disagree. So we will just leave it at that!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have been thinking, my last reply to you is sincere! I do believe that God has shown the beginning at Creation, to the End when all thing's are restored in the Heavens, in the Constellations, they are there to tell the Story, His Story, so if these Constellations have merged into an alignment, then I was not Aware of it! I have seen them depicted on a teaching, you know like a photograph, as to how they would look when the come into Alignment, Yes I believe it will happen again!

Nov 2, 2016
USA
I have been thinking, my last reply to you is sincere! I do believe that God has shown the beginning at Creation, to the End when all thing's are restored in the Heavens, in the Constellations, they are there to tell the Story, His Story, so if these Constellations have merged into an alignment, then I was not Aware of it! I have seen them depicted on a teaching, you know like a photograph, as to how they would look when the come into Alignment, Yes I believe it will happen again!

The alignment only happened once and will never happen again. Notice the word "harpazo" is in 1 Thess 4:17, Rev 12:5.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The alignment only happened once and will never happen again. Notice the word "harpazo" is in 1 Thess 4:17, Rev 12:5.

I can only express that I was not aware that this accrued, if so then I believe that time is of the essence! God is not slack concerning his word!
Have Mercy! Please have Mercy! people are not Aware. please understand that is why I Quote 2nd Thessalonians under My post's!

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would the Jews want to be exterminated? (I'm assuming you're meaning the literal nation of Israel) they are already anti Christ.
Do you expect a national shift?
Yes dear Brother Quitethinker if I'm understanding what you're saying, and these following thoughts are just my own, but there’s going to be a great change due to such things as one third of all mankind destroyed according to Rev 9:15, and Mat 24:21 says: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

When Jesus is once on His own throne (Rev 4:2), and usurping nations and fullness of the Gentiles complete during the tribulation, we’re going to see the effects of judgment of an unbelieving world such as never before.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

God bless you in Jesus’ name.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes dear Brother Quitethinker if I'm understanding what you're saying, and these following thoughts are just my own, but there’s going to be a great change due to such things as one third of all mankind destroyed according to Rev 9:15, and Mat 24:21 says: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

When Jesus is once on His own throne (Rev 4:2), and usurping nations and fullness of the Gentiles complete during the tribulation, we’re going to see the effects of judgment of an unbelieving world such as never before.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

God bless you in Jesus’ name.

Thank You for your response to QT, I do believe in being Spirit Filled, but we can not Spiritually make the Physical event's go away!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I must Agree, there will never be a Temple built with hand's!
Since Bible prophecy MUST be fulfilled, you are clearly mistaken.

Had you carefully studied the Olivet Discourse (Mt 24, Mk 13, Lk 21) you would not have made such a statement.

In the Olivet Discourse, Christ already predicted the destruction of Herod's temple, which came to pass in 70 AD. At the same time, He spoke about a future "Holy Place" in a future third temple, within which the Abomination of Desolation (an idol) would be set up.

Today there is no temple in Jerusalem, but there are many Jews who have determined that there will be one built there, and detailed plans have been made for this temple and its sacrifices. God will ALLOW this temple to be built, otherwise the Man of Sin will not have a temple to desecrate, and fulfil Bible prophecy pertaining to the Great Tribulation.

So instead of making categorical statements about no temple and no Abomination of Desolation in the future, Christians should carefully study all the prophecies regarding what is to happen before the second coming of Christ (which will also be LITERAL, PHYSICAL, and VISIBLE to all the inhabitants of the world).

Nov 2, 2016
USA
I can only express that I was not aware that this accrued, if so then I believe that time is of the essence! God is not slack concerning his word!
Have Mercy! Please have Mercy! people are not Aware. please understand that is why I Quote 2nd Thessalonians under My post's!

It's ok Truth. Rev 12:1-5 sign is also a very complex study. A good teacher of this sign is...

www.youtube(dot)com/user/eternalrhythmflow/videos

If you have any questions let me know.

At least you believe it's astronomy and not astrology as some claim. You're doing good. :)

Job 9:9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.

Job 38:32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons or lead out the Bear

revelation 12 sign picture - Google Search