The Cost of Hatred

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A devotion of teaching what Hatred is, and where the remedy is founded.

Hatred is an interesting subject Matt, especially when referring to the Bible. The Bible really don't have what most people have in their understanding; degrees of hatred. It seems that there is simply a dividing line love/hate in the Bible.

Simply put we are to love the things God loves, but hate the things He hates.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A devotion of teaching what Hatred is, and where the remedy is founded.
I like the preaching by this man who seems to be growing in the Lord.

Another part of this subject of Hatred that he did not address here, is when the world or an unbeliever attacks a believer in Christ for being hateful. Being hateful to the world's ways and desires. Even God hates their ways.

We as believers in Christ are not to use the lens of the world to know what is hate is or not. Allow only the Spirit and even with the word absorbed within us, to convince us or convict us of having any true hate. I see more and more today of Christians being hated and being called the haters, because they believe in the true God and not their ways and thinking and their god of this world.

APAK

Reactions: Wynona and amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your comment APAK, and Robert.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Malachi 1:2-4 KJV
2) I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,
3) And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
4) Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the LORD of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the LORD hath indignation for ever.

Love and Hate are both choices, an act of the will, to either build up, or tear down.

Much love!

Reactions: Azim and MatthewG