The creation of Eve

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
I agree with this to a point. a. Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations". but please explain how man (created before any visible flesh), didn't experience life.

A created man came from the invisible thoughts of our Creator who spoke those thoughts into some kind of computing system that stored them as data, much like programmers who use their thoughts to create computer programs. Those thoughts are broken down into the various computing languages that arrange 0's and 1's in binary code so that computer processors can read them and know how to apply them to the various peripherals such as images on a computer screen, printer for printed images, letters, numbers, etc., sounds through speakers, and information that makes robots move and many other applications. So think of us created men as computer processors that processes stored data into visible images and invisible thoughts. A created man is made up of a lot of information that contains the information to form male and female bodies for that created man to experience in all kinds of various visions and dreams.

Since we're all created as information similar to how the Sims 4 characters are stored in the data on a CD-ROM, we can't experience life unless that stored data is being processed. This is why the created man what experienced life through the bodies named Adam and Eve lies dormant as invisible stored data until that data is being processed in the next generation of the program. Adam and Eve died thousands of years ago but to them, there is no such thing as time as they are stored in the data. To them, it will appear that they never died because all their memories will be deleted from the program but their created mind still remains in the stored data. It will be like them going to bed at night, falling asleep and not waking up until thousands of years later in a new world, or you can call it a new dream they have never experienced before. Since they won't have any memory of their past life, they won't know that they lived and died in the past. They will always think they have been living.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States

This information is only about our created sense of sight that detects light waves that give us the visible images to observe. 99.99% of the rest of the invisible waves ( frequencies ) give us all the other experiences of life such as touch, smell, taste, hearing, speaking, emotions, and many others that were created for us to believe we're real people living on real planets.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
And here we see how to sidetrack a thread

Some men were created to experience fear of not obeying the laws and rules of human beings. Some of us were not created to experience that kind of fear. We were created to experience the fear of the Lord when He begins speaking commands for us to obey within our mind.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of us were not created to.

Some of us were not created to answer the OP of this thread and some were created to sidetrack what the thread is about and some people can't figure out how to start their own thread to discuss their own concepts

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can anyone provide an answer for why Eve was created in the manner that is written in Genesis.
All things are a manifestation of things on high...meaning that all things appear in parables (Mark 4:11). And the thing about parables is...the object of the parable - is not what the parable is about. So...there is nothing biological or physiological about the story, except that what was created, was created in the form that it was created.

So... the real question is, What do you really want to know about the creation of Eve?

If I read you correctly, the reason is the moral of the parable...that, just as the women came out of the first Adam, so too, all mankind came out of the first Adam, and likewise, all who are born again of the spirit of God come out of Christ. Holy mechanism.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All things are a manifestation of things on high

In this you are quite right.

...meaning that all things appear in parables (Mark 4:11). And the thing about parables is...the object of the parable - is not what the parable is about. So...there is nothing biological or physiological about the story, except that what was created, was created in the form that it was created.

I disagree with you here not all things created are parables. There are those thing formed after a pattern.

...So... the real question is, What do you really want to know about the creation of Eve?

I thought I was quite clear on this. I want to see if anyone understands why Eve was formed in the manner described in genesis. God could quite easily have made her just as he did Adam and for that matter he could have formed them both at the same time. What is the significance for the manner of her formation? What higher meaning is being inferred by the method of Eve's creation.
I don't know of any clearer method of asking the question than what I have described above.

If I read you correctly, the reason is the moral of the parable...that, just as the women came out of the first Adam, so too, all mankind came out of the first Adam, and likewise, all who are born again of the spirit of God come out of Christ. Holy mechanism.

This is not about morals. We all grasp that the woman was brought out of the man. The question is why? what higher meaning does it signify? What pattern is it following?

If we look at genesis 1 we are simply told that mankind was created without any inference to separate times or methods :

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky...
27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

It isn't until Gen 2 that a more detailed description is given of the specifics for their formation. Notice that Adam is shown all the other creatures God made before it was determined that none of them were helpers fit for him. So why take us through this little journey? God knows that none of the beasts were worthy, he knew it before Adam existed, yet God felt it was significant to relate the entirety of this play for us on purpose. Eve was only formed after Adam went through the motions cited and she was formed in a specific manner for a reason, a higher reason than what has been related to us in the scriptures that followed.

Last edited:

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The formation of Eve from the side of Adam is a type. Adam's bride is brought forth by God from the side of her groom. The Antitype is the the Bride of the Christ (the Church) is born out of the side of the New Adam. When Christ's side was pierced with a lance blood and water flowed out which represent the Church. The water represents the waters of Baptism which bring one into the Church and the Precious Blood represents the Eucharist which sustains the Body of Christ for eternal life.

Reactions: epostle1

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Can anyone provide an answer for why Eve was created in the manner that is written in Genesis.
My guess is that God wanted the woman to be dependant on the man and to be as close to him as possible. Being taken from Adams own dna, she was his equal. There were only animals available before eve was created and Adam could see that they were not his equals, hence why he felt lonely. So taking the rib, or perhaps using the bone marrow from the rib, Adams own dna was involved in the creation of Eve. This ensured that she was an equivalent partner for Adam, perfectly matched. And she her life was dependent on him... it was his dna that she carried, so in that sense we could say her life came from him.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The formation of Eve from the side of Adam is a type.

Indeed it is a type.

Adam's bride is brought forth by God from the side of her groom. The Antitype is the Bride of the Christ (the Church) is born out of the side of the New Adam. When Christ's side was pierced with a lance blood and water flowed out which represent the Church. The water represents the waters of Baptism which bring one into the Church and the Precious Blood represents the Eucharist which sustains the Body of Christ for eternal life.

Although a very heart centering concept the type signified here is from the past not the future. The key is here in this verse: “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness..."

Last edited:

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My guess is that God wanted the woman to be dependent on the man and to be as close to him as possible. Being taken from Adams own dna, she was his equal.

Let's do a thought experiment here.
If God had made Eve exactly the way Adam had been made wouldn't that also make them equal? Both would have come from the dust of the ground (same DNA structuring) and God would have breathed life into both of them and he could have made the woman after the man to set the hierarchy (order of creation). The answer to my question has to be one that would not allow for the creation to have been any other way.
The woman was not made less than the man in God's hierarchy because he wanted her to be less. The woman represents a necessity to be less than the man because of what the man represents.
As a female you represent something especially near and dear to the father.

Last edited:

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed it is a type.

Although a very heart centering concept the type signified here is from the past not the future. The key is here in this verse: “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness..."

Typology: the study of types. A type in scripture is a person or thing in the Old Testament which foreshadows a person or thing in the New Testament

the_sign

Jul 15, 2015
For Adam so that she would be close to his heart.

I really am of the persuasion that I have met the resurrected Adam, that very first man who is now walking again in Paradise.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typology: the study of types. A type in scripture is a person or thing in the Old Testament which foreshadows a person or thing in the New Testament

I'm sure there are many definitions out there for common words but the type I'm referring to is:
Type
b. An example or a model having the ideal features of a group or class; an embodiment
type

however, even if I were specifying a type according to some typology definitions it appears that it still functions as I meant it to;

typology
the study of types, or a system of dividing things into types
typology Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Now if I specified that I was using type according to Christian theology then we would have difference in its usage.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this you are quite right.

I disagree with you here not all things created are parables. There are those thing formed after a pattern.
That would be a contradiction in terms. If all things are manifest of this on high...then, yes, all things are a parable of things on high. Same thing.

I thought I was quite clear on this. I want to see if anyone understands why Eve was formed in the manner described in genesis. God could quite easily have made her just as he did Adam and for that matter he could have formed them both at the same time. What is the significance for the manner of her formation? What higher meaning is being inferred by the method of Eve's creation.
I don't know of any clearer method of asking the question than what I have described above.

This is not about morals. We all grasp that the woman was brought out of the man. The question is why? what higher meaning does it signify? What pattern is it following?
I gave you the answer: It is a parable on how we come out of the man of flesh, and also how the born again come out of the Christ.
If we look at genesis 1 we are simply told that mankind was created without any inference to separate times or methods :

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky...
27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

It isn't until Gen 2 that a more detailed description is given of the specifics for their formation. Notice that Adam is shown all the other creatures God made before it was determined that none of them were helpers fit for him. So why take us through this little journey? God knows that none of the beasts were worthy, he knew it before Adam existed, yet God felt it was significant to relate the entirety of this play for us on purpose. Eve was only formed after Adam went through the motions cited and she was formed in a specific manner for a reason, a higher reason than what has been related to us in the scriptures that followed.
If sounds like your question has been rhetorical from the start...and you actually just want to make a point. Please just make your point.