The Cross 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20.

We don't think about that. Me dead - that can't happen I'm a man of faith, and I will live by that faith! I see me as alive and doing the living and Jesus was going to help me do that, me being saved, me needing a savior, God stepping out of heaven to save me, me as needing help to fix my life, me as a better person, me oh my oh my. I - my - I - the only (I) I know at the new birth. Think about what you knew when you were saved - you knew nothing but self. After all wasn't that what needed fixing! My life.

Scripture would beg to differ. Me my and mine - was nailed to the cross. Dead! You have to see him now. After all that is all your father see's. According to scripture - if we still go by scripture. It is popular to go by what I feel, and what I believe scripture says. What does scripture say - you (Adam) are dead! You have no life of your own. You had no life of your own before you were converted. You lived by the life that was in you.

You know why Satan will distort scripture? Because he does not want you to know you had no life of your own before you were birthed again. Greatest deception he uses in keeping believers from knowing who they were by a birth (adam's fall), and who they are now by a new birth. And we argue who is saved and who is not. Having no idea what happened at the cross. We spend a lot of time torchering the scriptures. Very much not necessary!

It was sin in you that you lived by! And that knowledge is the knowledge you will continue to live by until the mind is renewed! You will not live by the life of another - you live by the same mind you had before you were converted. Neglecting Christ in you because we do not know it is Christ. It is just me being made better. You will have a feeling for that because it is a downward motivation in all men to do that. To make themselves better.

It will be determined by the amount of emphasis you can put on scripture. Scripture such as; Galatians 2:20. There will be a degree of everything you have in Christ. Such as your peace, your joy, your hope, the life you know, and the all important rest. You will have no rest in doing to be - without placing the doing on Christ. We enter his rest - and God rested.

The last three words of our text says it all - himself for me!