The Cross that no one wants to talk about

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You have convicted yourself by replying in the way you did. I did not mention anyone by name.
nope, sorry, you obviously have someone in mind, and this is a fail imo. The principle point i think being that you intimate yourself as being superior to...anyone else, which i'm not saying that i don't do too, ok, but it is a tell. A sign.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope, sorry, you obviously have someone in mind, and this is a fail imo. The principle point i think being that you intimate yourself as being superior to...anyone else, which i'm not saying that i don't do too, ok, but it is a tell. A sign.

What you see as my trying to be superior is in you own mind. I am a child of God not because of religion but because I became a child when I was 9 years old and have studied my Bible (not books about the Bible) for 75 years. I do not study books that others write. I only see what is in God's word. When I approach the scriptures I read the context in the writing to see what is being talked about, to whom it is addressed, what were the circumstances, as I can find. I do not just look for a scripture to establish a theology.

Some do not think a person can see the truth by him/her self and in part I agree. But it is a fact the the Holy Spirit is in the world and He teaches the children of God by revelation just as He taught Paul. A person can not understand the word of God without being led by the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you do not want to be accused of arguing then don't do it. Stop making the poster the subject of your relies. Sorry but I do not see you as a brother. I see you as one that opposes everything I believe in. I started this thread about the failure of the Christian religion to preach the cross and shed blood of Jesus. Most of the posts here are about what some see as mans efforts to save themselves. It is those that are convicted by my writing that I am addressing.
Then in your other post you think I am a brother Your to funny. Like chalk and cheese/

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not study books that others write. I only see what is in God's word. When I approach the scriptures I read the context in the writing to see what is being talked about, to whom it is addressed, what were the circumstances, as I can find. I do not just look for a scripture to establish a theology.

Some do not think a person can see the truth by him/her self and in part I agree. But it is a fact the Holy Spirit is in the world and He teaches the children of God by revelation just as He taught Paul. A person can not understand the word of God without being led by the Holy Spirit.

I am sorry. I don't mean to get off topic or intrude in your discussion. I agree. I threw away all the books that I owned that taught different interpretations of scripture. I try to stay away from commentaries and rely on the Holy Spirit to teach. Yet, this brings great conflict within me. I am not a teacher. I am a writer and as a writer my passion is to write about Christ. When He reveals something, even if it is something others have known for a long time, I long to share it. For the longest time the Spirit seems to be moving me to interview married women within the church. It seems He is telling me that He will write the book through their words and experiences and lessons, not mine. That I will have no part other than recording and writing down their voice. It seems He is telling me there is wisdom there for other women amongst the gap between newly married women and the mature married women. But why would God want or encourage another book? Why would the Spirit be encouraging this? I have been praying over it and this scripture seems to hold the answer. H. Richard, if you don't mind, what does Ecclesiastes 12: 11-14 speak to you? "The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd. And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." We are commanded to "study to show thyself approved". But what about writing books? Is this of the flesh and serves as only a distraction from Christ crucified?

Last edited:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing wrong with books.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes you think I don't?

Explain what is untrue about the verse I posted. What makes that verse a lie?

The verse is not a lie. The use that you used it is the lie.

Did you go to where the Apostles asked Jesus "who can be saved" and then understand that man can not save himself by what he does but with God all things are possible. Jesus is not saying it is possible for a man to save himself so what is he saying? You figure it out for yourself I know you want accept what I say.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse is not a lie. The use that you used it is the lie.

Did you go to where the Apostles asked Jesus "who can be saved" and then understand that man can not save himself by what he does but with God all things are possible. Jesus is not saying it is possible for a man to save himself so what is he saying? You figure it out for yourself I know you want accept what I say.

You're so far off base you're not even in the park.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry. I don't mean to get off topic or intrude in your discussion. I agree. I threw away all the books that I owned that taught different interpretations of scripture. I try to stay away from commentaries and rely on the Holy Spirit to teach. Yet, this brings great conflict within me. I am not a teacher. I am a writer and as a writer my passion is to write about Christ. When He reveals something, even if it is something others have known for a long time, I long to share it. For the longest time the Spirit seems to be moving me to interview married women within the church. It seems He is telling me that He will write the book through their words and experiences and lessons, not mine. That I will have no part other than recording and writing down their voice. It seems He is telling me there is wisdom there for other women amongst the gap between newly married women and the mature married women. But why would God want or encourage another book? Why would the Spirit be encouraging this? I have been praying over it and this scripture seems to hold the answer. H. Richard, if you don't mind, what does Ecclesiastes 12: 11-14 speak to you? "The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd. And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." We are commanded to "study to show thyself approved". But what about writing books? Is this of the flesh and serves as only a distraction from Christ crucified?

This is between you and the Holy Spirit. As for me I am a prisoner of Christ to preach the Cross. I am with Paul who said God forbid that I glory in anything except the cross of Christ.
Gal 6:14
14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
NKJV

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look, all you want to do is argue and I do not wish too.
Then you need to stop saying things about others that aren't true.

If I were a follower of a works doctrine, I certainly wouldn't be ashamed to admit it. I mean seriously, if I truly believed one could work their way into the kingdom, I would be preaching that. Do you see me preaching that anywhere on this site? Posting one verse is not preaching and if you believe it is, then you come to the table with preconceived notions.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me. What did I say that was "off base"?

When you quote what Jesus said to the Jews who were under the law you are teaching law. Jesus did not come to the Gentiles but because of Israel's rejection of Jesus God already had a hidden plan of salvation for mankind and He gave it to Paul. And it did not include the Jewish law.

Under grace a man does not have to try and achieve perfection in the flesh by works. Jesus did it for that man by IMPUTING righteousness to that man. When a person quotes things under the law they are an enemy of the cross where the law was nailed to the cross.

Do you believe that Jesus just came to the nation of Israel to save the lost sheep of Israel?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you quote what Jesus said to the Jews who were under the law you are teaching law. Jesus did not come to the Gentiles but because of Israel's rejection of Jesus God already had a hidden plan of salvation for mankind and He gave it to Paul. And it did not include the Jewish law.

Under grace a man does not have to try and achieve perfection in the flesh by works. Jesus did it for that man by IMPUTING righteousness to that man. When a person quotes things under the law they are an enemy of the cross where the law was nailed to the cross.

Do you believe that Jesus just came to the nation of Israel to save the lost sheep of Israel?

Good-bye Richard.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good-bye Richard.

Matt 10:5-7 (NKJ)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Matt 15:23-24 (NKJ)
23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think any true Christian believes in the slightest sense that works saves them-- I don't see that in posts of any Christian forum. Even people who believe in practicing the Law (such as Sabbath) don't believe that, but rather obedience is evidence of faith. It may seem like some are acting like a Pharisee, but I at least give them the benefit of the doubt. This is why I get a tad irritated when someone who wants to keep parts of the Law out of obedience is categorized as one who believes doing so will save them and thus are attacked as legalists. We have to try to foster understanding in these matters.

I believe you are correct, it seems that after that initial sense that works doesn't save them, but only believing and trusting in Jesus and the finished work He provided for our salvation, some degrade into a works righteousness game out of some mindset that they have are the ones who maintain salvation. It is human nature that causes many to have some sort of mindset that salvation is dependent on our efforts, at least to one degree or another.

Living a observant lifestyle is one thing, the problem is when a person starts to incorporate into that the idea that efforts are required to maintain salvation. That is basically suggesting that what Jesus did was not sufficient and He needs our help to keep His promise.

And many confuse Justification with Sanctification.

Last edited:

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I does seem odd to me that since the work of Jesus on the cross is the reason we can have salvation is not something most are willing to write about. Why??
The reason we have salvation is by the grace of God. Jesus died on the cross as the demonstration of the curse of sin put upon man in the beginning due to Adam's sin. And his dying on that erected altar taking the sins of the whole world upon himself before the Jews who's sacrificial system claimed blood sacrifice to cover their every sin, was finished. Immanuel, God with us, was the final sacrifice to the old system of laws. The old covenant.
His death gave birth to the new covenant that covered under his sacred blood all the sins of the world. He came to save all people, especially those that believe.

“Jesus said to them, ‘This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.’” Luke 24:44