The Crucified Flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before I repented, there was that moment of realization . . . Illumination . . . that the Bible was true. I fully agree, there was no mistaking this, no denying it, only, I knew what was true, and I could either accept or reject.

Much love!
The SPIRIT at work . so tell me something . Since we know the SPIRIT revealed such truth ,
how come some try and omit certain truths in the scriptures and letters of the apostles .
Do we think paul did not have a true revelation and that perhaps todays men had a better one .
How come pastors and teachers in many places SOUND NUTTING LIKE PAUL DID , or peter did
or james , or the other apostels did concering error within the church .
How come pastors in a lot of churches no longer read certain passages about WHO WONT INHERIT the KINGDOM OF GOD anymore .
Could it be cause they fear the agenda . Or could it be perhaps because some are even part of the agenda .
Todays evangelism HAS NOT WORKED . It has created a safe place . but not for lambs , but for those who love sin , pratice sin
and love a lie . IT WONT expose errors , WELL CERTAIN ERRORS anyway .
It wont correct , it wont even read certain sound doctrine that might DARE EXPOSE certain sins . NOW WHY IS THAT .
exactly . folks can call me a hater all day . BUT expose i will , and point to CHRIST i will , and all sound doctrine I WILL .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...with the rod of His mouth..." when appropriate.

Do you believe the bible?

2Ti 4:1-3

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
This is nothing but justifying abuse!

Do you read your own words? The Lord Jesus Christ will judge "the quick and the dead". I have news for you: YOU are not Jesus Christ!!!

You can quote out-of-context Scripture to justify your abuse, but Jesus (repeating the OT command) said to LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF. Neither you nor "amigo" do that! You set yourselves up as judges of others, constantly condemning them (and thereby glorifying yourselves). You are infected with the sins of pride and self-righteousness, proclaiming yourselves as superior to everyone else. You will have to face the Lord and justify your condemnation of those whom He has chosen and loves!

You glorify yourselves, exalting yourself to be the judges of "the quick and the dead", condemning everyone without mercy or love.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you please explain what Christendom is?..I would look it up, thought I’d ask you instead, feel free to ignore my post, I understand if you don’t want to engage...many thanks.
I first came across the term "Christendom" in a meaningful way reading Sir Robert Anderson's The Silence of God. He used it to describe the Christianity based culture that fills the churches, regardless of whether they are truly Christian. And within this mass of Christendom is the real body of Christ, hidden like a treasure in a field.

When I speak of Christendom, I mean all those who identify as Christian, whether they are or not.

Much love!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep in mind that we are here on a forum, with limited scope for interaction. Some people do have different gifts and emphasis, some for pastoring, some for counselling, some for evangelizing, others for dropping the plumbline and calling the church to line up with it.....declaring to "Israel" her sins. Though it doesn't necessarily mean anyone is perfect at what they do and never makes mistakes since we all need to grow and learn. I agree we need to have a balance overall, but that should be supplied by all members of the body contributing in ways that are according to whatever part of the body they are.

Here's a little part of an article about prophets that I think has some good thoughts in it - it isn't an easy calling and they won't win popularity contests, but rather the opposite - since their ministry can seem abrasive at times:

THE FORERUNNER - Preparing the Way

by Arthur Wallis

"Behold, I send My messenger, and he shall preparethe way before Me: and the Lord whom you seek, shall suddenly come to His temple" (Mal. 3:1).

In preparation for a great visitation, God may raise up many messengers, each preparing the way of the Lord

in his own appointed sphere. This is surely a day whenG od is looking for forerunners to blaze the trail of revival;

not smooth preachers, but rugged prophets: men of the stamp of Elijah, who, with the hand of the Lord upon

him, girded up his loins and ran before the king to the entrance of the royal city (1 Kings 18:46). Thus he

demonstrated the spiritual work he was doing as a forerunner. On Carmel Elijah had prepared the way of

the Lord, and now the Lord was coming "as the latter rain that waters the earth" (Hos 6:3).

Those whom God calls to such a ministry - and a call is essential - must be prepared for a pathway of

unpopularity and misunderstanding. "You troubler of Israel" was the way Ahab addressed Elijah (1 Ki 8:17),

and so this prophet whom God had sent to deal with the "Achans in the camp" (see Joshua 7:25) was

himself accused of being one. John the Baptist demonstrates also this element in the ministry of the

forerunner. Standing alone as the champion of righteousness, he unmasked the hypocrisy of the

religionists and even denounced the sin of the king upon the throne. This man, who was "much more

than a prophet", was called to seal his ministry with his blood, yet he succeeded in preparing the way of

the Lord. "Among them that are born of women there has not arisen a greater than John the Baptist"

(Matt. 11:11). A forerunner must be one who can say, "I truly am full of power by the Spirit of the Lord,

and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin" (Mic. 3:8).

Jeremiah was another forerunner. In a day dark with declension and judgment his fearless ministry

helped to check the evils of the time, and prepare the way for a reviving that he did not live to witness,

under Ezra and Nehemiah. The commission given him by the Lord is deeply significant:

"I have set you over nations and over kingdoms, to pluck up and to break down, and to destroy and to

overthrow; to build, and to plant" (Jer. 1:10). It will be noted that there is twice the emphasis on the

negative element as on the positive; two thirds of his ministry was to be destructive, and only one

third constructive. This is characteristic of the work of a forerunner. Stumbling blocks of iniquity have to

be taken up (Isa. 57:14) and stones of unbelief have to be gathered out (Isa. 62:10) if the way of the Lord

is to be prepared. The very word "prepare" contains this idea of casting out, emptying, and clearing as

a field before planting. Destruction, ruthless and thorough, must precede the greater work of

construction that is to follow. It takes a man who "fears no one but God and hates nothing but sin" to

proclaim the message of the forerunner.

[-From "In the Day of Thy Power"

"-The Scriptural Principles of Revival"

by Arthur Wallis].

--
God has already arrived! His name is Jesus Christ. He said that He will ask the Father to send us the Holy Spirit, who will guide us into all truth.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is nothing but justifying abuse!

Do you read your own words? The Lord Jesus Christ will judge "the quick and the dead". I have news for you: YOU are not Jesus Christ!!!

You can quote out-of-context Scripture to justify your abuse, but Jesus (repeating the OT command) said to LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF. Neither you nor "amigo" do that! You set yourselves up as judges of others, constantly condemning them (and thereby glorifying yourselves). You are infected with the sins of pride and self-righteousness, proclaiming yourselves as superior to everyone else. You will have to face the Lord and justify your condemnation of those whom He has chosen and loves!

You glorify yourselves, exalting yourself to be the judges of "the quick and the dead", condemning everyone without mercy or love.
She aint JESUS nor has she claimed to be so . YOU aint either JIM , nor am i .
But rest assured the true lambs are gonna bring all biblical reminders of what to do and what not to do .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has already arrived! His name is Jesus Christ. He said that He will ask the Father to send us the Holy Spirit, who will guide us into all truth.
While the statement itself IS TRUE . i have heard the KKK use it out of text , just like i hear the progessives do the same .
JUST remember if the TRUTH we are being guided into contradicts the TRUTH of CHRIST and of the letters of the apostels ,
IT AINT TRUTH , IT AINT COMING FROM GOD , FROM THE SPIRIT , FROM CHRIST . but from men gone wrong .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What is an AD hominem . If i knew or know what it is , perhaps i can stop it , if i be doing it .
I aint ashamed to ask questions if i dont know what something is .

ad hominem
adjective
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
"an ad hominem response"
adverb
in a way that is directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
"these points come from some of our best information sources, who realize they'll be attacked ad hominem"
in a way that relates to or is associated with a particular person.
"the office was created ad hominem for Fenton"

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its done many times . You just recognize love as what the progessives have sold you to be love .
Time gets shorter all the time . I must double down on the warnings . Though i be sure you will call me a hater for doing so .
When are you going to stop repeating the same false garbage? I am a believer in Jesus Christ, not those whom you call "progressives". That is just a handle to justify your reactionary nonsense.

You are right: I will call you a hater, because that seems to be the core of who you are. You have never shown love, whether to the body of Christ or to anyone else. You imagine yourself to be some recreated OT prophet, but clearly you lack the understanding of what it means to be a Christian.

1 John 4:7-8, "Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love."

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the statement itself IS TRUE . i have heard the KKK use it out of text , just like i hear the progessives do the same .
JUST remember if the TRUTH we are being guided into contradicts the TRUTH of CHRIST and of the letters of the apostels ,
IT AINT TRUTH , IT AINT COMING FROM GOD , FROM THE SPIRIT , FROM CHRIST . but from men gone wrong .
Speak for yourself! "... the TRUTH we are being guided into contradicts the TRUTH of CHRIST and of the letters of the apostels [sic]"

"IT AINT TRUTH , IT AINT COMING FROM GOD , FROM THE SPIRIT , FROM CHRIST . but from men gone wrong", including yourself!

I'm glad that you're finally understanding where your condemning "truth" is coming from!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is an AD hominem . If i knew or know what it is , perhaps i can stop it , if i be doing it .
I'm reading all these posts about each other. Personal comments back and forth. Maybe more of them then there are discussion the spiritual matters.

On some pages I'm only seeing a few posts that seem on topic. It's becoming about who is false and who is judging and who is whatever, I'm like searching through posts trying to find those with food in them.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When are you going to stop repeating the same false garbage? I am a believer in Jesus Christ, not those whom you call "progressives". That is just a handle to justify your reactionary nonsense.

You are right: I will call you a hater, because that seems to be the core of who you are. You have never shown love, whether to the body of Christ or to anyone else. You imagine yourself to be some recreated OT prophet, but clearly you lack the understanding of what it means to be a Christian.

1 John 4:7-8, "Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love."
Assumptions . I imagine no such thing . I aint no recreated OT prophet . Just a simple man .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speak for yourself! "... the TRUTH we are being guided into contradicts the TRUTH of CHRIST and of the letters of the apostels [sic]"

I'm glad that you're finally understanding where your condemning "truth" is coming from!
You forgot the IF part . IF THE TRUTH WE ,

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope that you can and will stop your ad hominem attacks.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope that you can and will stop your ad hominem attacks.
exposing dangerous heretics like oprah and pope francis or kenneth copeland is a good thing to do .
Exposing lies is good . exposing sin and error is good . And its necessary .
I shall continue to do so as well .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go read what you accused me of doing . You are the one who said i imagine myself to be some recreated OT prophet .
You do imagine yourself to be some recreated OT prophet! It is very, very sad! You treat the Body of Christ, the lambs of His pasture, as evil. => The Body of Christ is not Old Testament Israel <=

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
exposing dangerous heretics like oprah and pope francis or kenneth copeland is a good thing to do .
Exposing lies is good . exposing sin and error is good . And its necessary .
I shall continue to do so as well .
So you obviously have no idea what an ad hominem attack is!

Why do you have such a lack of faith? Why do you think that Jesus needs you to be some self-appointed "under-shepherd" to keep harassing His flock? Why do you clearly not love your neighbor as yourself?

Try reading 1 Corinthians 13 and compare your self-righteous, condemning judgement of others to what Paul wrote about love.