The cycle of abuse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct, the problem is belief.
Or rather beliefs you* don't personally like. (*The "you" here applying to every individual). If you* personally don't like beleif X, then that place/person which teaches it is horrible and evil and abusive. Just because you don't like the belief.

What is really is is you just disliking a certain belief and treating it/those believers with a different set of standards than beliefs you happen to like.

I'm trying really hard to be respectful and polite here, but I'm really just seeing a ton of hypocrisy is your stance here and in other threads. Until you are willing to 100% RESPECT other people, including beliefs you disagree with and even find harmful, you're using hypocritic duel standards and have no real argument.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Or rather beliefs you* don't personally like. (*The "you" here applying to every individual). If you* personally don't like beleif X, then that place/person which teaches it is horrible and evil and abusive. Just because you don't like the belief.

What is really is is you just disliking a certain belief and treating it/those believers with a different set of standards than beliefs you happen to like.

I'm trying really hard to be respectful and polite here, but I'm really just seeing a ton of hypocrisy is your stance here and in other threads. Until you are willing to 100% RESPECT other people, including beliefs you disagree with and even find harmful, you're using hypocritic duel standards and have no real argument.
There are no beliefs to disagree with, because a belief is not an actual way to know something is real. Okay, because you can't just can't expect that whatever you believe in is fact.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no beliefs to disagree with, because a belief is not an actual way to know something is real. Okay, because you can't just can't expect that whatever you believe in is fact.
Newsflash: you yourself hold lots of beliefs.

Please stop with this transparent hypocrisy.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll tell you a little secret, I used to scream at my television when Benny Hinn came on. I just wanted help for my own faith you know. But Benny Hinn just made me mad, real mad. Because he'd be, well I'm sure you can understand why anyone would be mad at him.

I worked at a convention center in Fresno (yes, i’ve experienced Hell) when Benny Hinn visited. There were people in hospital beds spanning three city blocks for two entire days......no water, in 110+ heat. Benny Hinn would not even pay for outhouses. Only a third of the people in beds got in and they were relegated to the back, far out of reach of Hinn and his cameras.

Reactions: Acolyte and Helen

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Newsflash: you yourself hold lots of beliefs.

Please stop with this transparent hypocrisy.
Actually, I am putting an end to believing in thing's. For now I'm more comfortable just accepting what I don't know, and being open to know when life affords me that position.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I worked at a convention center in Fresno (yes, i’ve experienced Hell) when Benny Hinn visited. There were people in hospital beds spanning three city blocks for two entire days......no water, in 110+ heat. Benny Hinn would not even pay for outhouses. Only a third of the people in beds got in and they were relegated to the back, far out of reach of Hinn and his cameras.
That, that makes me want to cry.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So all these people were lined up to come on stage for healing. He had just talked about how the power of God moved through him and he pranced around on the stage, putting on this show. (I hadn't met God maybe...a month or so before and I was trying to figure out how the heck all these people in this stadium couldn't see the guy was full of it. I was really puzzled.)

So at one point this couple came up. He strode up to her and smacked her forehead and she "was slain." She fell back and this guy caught her and helped her to the floor. But her husband was holding her hand, so when she went down, he went down with her. Only they weren't expecting he would be "slain" too, so poor guy took a hard landing.

Hinn gets this very...offended look on his face, almost like an angry pout and he says: Pick him up! I didn't touch him!

So they go to pick the guy up, but it unslays his wife too because they're still holding hands!

So then he starts mumbling something and he smacks her on the forehead again. She gets slain again and falls back and is caught but...THEYRE STILL holding hands, so yep, hubby takes ANOTHER hard landing.

Hinn clicks his tongue and says again, I DIDNT TOUCH HIM! Pick him back up!!

But same thing, still holding hands, so they unslays the woman again.

Third times a charm, right? Nope. Still holding hands.

I was running for the bathroom so I didn't see what he did after that 3rd time. They were gone from camera view by the time I got back.

Later on, I felt bad for laughing but still couldn't stop laughing every time I thought about it. I didn't feel bad for laughing at Hinn. I felt bad for those poor people.

Reactions: Acolyte

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
So all these people were lined up to come on stage for healing. He had just talked about how the power of God moved through him and he pranced around on the stage, putting on this show. (I hadn't met God maybe...a month or so before and I was trying to figure out how the heck all these people in this stadium couldn't see the guy was full of it. I was really puzzled.)

So at one point this couple came up. He strode up to her and smacked her forehead and she "was slain." She fell back and this guy caught her and helped her to the floor. But her husband was holding her hand, so when she went down, he went down with her. Only they weren't expecting he would be "slain" too, so poor guy took a hard landing.

Hinn gets this very...offended look on his face, almost like an angry pout and he says: Pick him up! I didn't touch him!

So they go to pick the guy up, but it unslays his wife too because they're still holding hands!

So then he starts mumbling something and he smacks her on the forehead again. She gets slain again and falls back and is caught but...THEYRE STILL holding hands, so yep, hubby takes ANOTHER hard landing.

Hinn clicks his tongue and says again, I DIDNT TOUCH HIM! Pick him back up!!

But same thing, still holding hands, so they unslays the woman again.

Third times a charm, right? Nope. Still holding hands.

I was running for the bathroom so I didn't see what he did after that 3rd time. They were gone from camera view by the time I got back.

Later on, I felt bad for laughing but still couldn't stop laughing every time I thought about it. I didn't feel bad for laughing at Hinn. I felt bad for those poor people.
I think Benny Hinn believes through and through that he is the almighty Lord's one and only.

Beliefs can empower you if you accept them as true.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Hinn doesn't even believe in God at all. I think he's just trying to make money. I would compare him to a wrestler, you know, that fake wrestling.

Reactions: Acolyte

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I think Hinn doesn't even believe in God at all. I think he's just trying to make money. I would compare him to a wrestler, you know, that fake wrestling.
I think he is completely deluded, that he accepted something he believes that's just completely false. He wouldn't be up there performing if he didn't hold beliefs he thought were fake. In his head there all real.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I am putting an end to believing in thing's. For now I'm more comfortable just accepting what I don't know, and being open to know when life affords me that position.
^That is a belief system.

Again, please move on from these super hypocritical arguments.

Reactions: Willie T

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That, that makes me want to cry.
That’s the problem people aren’t searching the scriptures. These people are desperate to hang on to this world. When scripture clearly says to not fear for your life. This is the dung heap, let’s dont forget. There’s something far greater ahead, and only one thing preventing.

Reactions: Acolyte and farouk

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Ahahaha...now, now! I sure know what you mean...she's gotta stop wearing lipstick as, it just makes her lips look like the Joker on Batman!!! Not a nice thing to say :eek: Although, I do find her to be funny :)

You must be talking of Kenny Copeland! Yikes he dove off the deep end a long time ago, IMHO.
That is so true! I've noticed that, it's so damn spooky.

Reactions: Nancy

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse me, am I believing in what I have accepted I don't know? Belief is the exact opposite, that it makes the assumption that it does know.
You have assigned definitions to the words "assumption", "fact", "belief".
You have categorized various things into this category, with an attached values system.
You then act off of this categorization and values system.
And then you prostylize in favor of your particular system.

It's a completely a belief system.

Reactions: Waiting on him