The cycle of abuse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You have assigned definitions to the words "assumption", "fact", "belief".
You have categorized various things into this category, with an attached values system.
You then act off of this categorization and values system.
And then you prostylize in favor of your particular system.

It's a completely a belief system.
Belief is a mind set that your taught, not a human trait. I don't possess any natural ability to believe, I never did.

But I guess you just believe I'm wrong, so in this sense it's distressing to see another human being fight so hard to make another person believe (Me) what they just don't know.

Look, I need a break. Make a rebuttal, and end it there.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief is a mind set that your taught, not a human trait. I don't possess any natural ability to believe, I never did.

But I guess you just believe I'm wrong, so in this sense it's distressing to see another human being fight so hard to make another person believe (Me) what they just don't know.

This is your best life now?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Except you do have a belief system.
A person believes their loved ones care for them. That certain things are right and certain things are wrong. That certain things are factual and certain things are bunk. Etc.
You have expressed your beliefs on here repeatedly.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahahaha...now, now! I sure know what you mean...she's gotta stop wearing lipstick as, it just makes her lips look like the Joker on Batman!!! Not a nice thing to say :eek: Although, I do find her to be funny :)

You must be talking of Kenny Copeland! Yikes he dove off the deep end a long time ago, IMHO.

I have hot coals over my head, some are rolling down my back :oops:
What I said above was totally uncalled for and un-kind. Not to mention, crass.
I ask for your forgiveness.
I do like her! "The Battlefield Is In The Mind" series was really good.
My humor is never malicious nor is it ever personal, a bit sarcastic at times but I never want to hurt anybody, ever.
She is my sister in Christ and that would have hurt her.
I am truly sorry.
nancy

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a fact, because it's observable.
Once again, you are expressing a belief system here.
A belief system is part of who you are. Your personal one may not include anything about Christ, but it is still a belief system.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I have hot coals over my head, some are rolling down my back :oops:
What I said above was totally uncalled for and un-kind. Not to mention, crass.
I ask for your forgiveness.
I do like her! "The Battlefield Is In The Mind" series was really good.
My humor is never malicious nor is it ever personal, a bit sarcastic at times but I never want to hurt anybody, ever.
She is my sister in Christ and that would have hurt her.
I am truly sorry.
nancy
I read that book too, back in the day's.

Look, don't over analyse your point of view. Just accept that people like her shouldn't have a platform to milk the system of God. It's okay if you see that is true, you know in day's of old God would have her put down.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read that book too, back in the day's.

Look, don't over analyse your point of view. Just accept that people like her shouldn't have a platform to milk the system of God. It's okay if you see that is true, you know in day's of old God would have her put down.

No Jelly Jam, I actually DO like her. What I was joking about was the picture I got in my head when @bbyrd009 said something.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because most of these freaks lie to themselves first, so they can do what they do.

Although you are right, there are those that know there fakes.

Hinn reminds me of the Warrens.....the amityville ‘demonologists’ behind the Conjuring movies - they even got ghostwriters to write 4 or 5 books about their bs..

One of the authors took the job believing that at least the Warrens believed in what they were doing....it didn’t last long, as soon as he talked with Lorraine Warren about some apparent ‘gross contradictions’ from the family about the ghosties in the haunted house he was supposed to be writing about, he found out the truth - Lorraine told him ‘the family was just crazy, like all the rest of the people that called them about supposed hauntings. Then she said, ‘you’re a science fiction writer, make some @#$ up - that’s what we are paying you for.’

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Hinn reminds me of the Warrens.....the amityville ‘demonologists’ behind the Conjuring movies - they even got ghostwriters to write 4 or 5 books about their bs..

One of the authors took the job believing that at least the Warrens believed in what they were doing....it didn’t last long, as soon as he talked with Lorraine Warren about some apparent ‘gross contradictions’ from the family about the ghosties in the haunted house he was supposed to be writing about, he found out the truth - Lorraine told him ‘the family was just crazy, like all the rest of the people that called them about supposed hauntings. Then she said, ‘you’re a science fiction writer, make some @#$ up - that’s what we are paying you for.’
People with similar beliefs can be subject to paired group delusions.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, you are expressing a belief system here.
A belief system is part of who you are. Your personal one may not include anything about Christ, but it is still a belief system.

He's just trying out nihilism for a while. He's shopping around.

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing I was expecting by the topic. But interesting none the less. Obviously we as mere humans can get caught up in false teachers. I presume Jim Jones followers believed him until their lives depended on it, and then it was too late. :(

Reactions: Dave L