The Death of the Body

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeh ill just play cya and say idk there ok, but No son of man may die for another's sins right, and i dont think anything has changed since then, Jesus notwithstanding. Its all in the Esau Story, red stew, etc

now, is Christ Immortal? Did Jesus rise from the dead? Well, we are discussing Him 2000 years later, right :)

so, you will see Him come down the same way you saw Him go up right? Iow not with your eyes?
Who is the Light of the world now?

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid." Matt 5:14
Are we? If not, why not?

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, " John 17:11

He is not, but we...? Invested perhaps in our red stew... at least until Sunday morning...!

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Who is the Light of the world now?

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid." Matt 5:14
Are we? If not, why not?

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, " John 17:11

He is not, but we...? Invested perhaps in our red stew... at least until Sunday morning...!
well, i have not seen such faith in anyone of Israel was said of a Roman Mithraist, pretty powerful statement it was too imo, so i dont think Esau was hated for that?

Reactions: amadeus

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Corinthians 15
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

Much love!

'Christ the firstfruits;
afterward they that are Christ's at His coming.'

(1 Corinthians 15:21)

Hello there @marks,

Thank you for explaining what you understand concerning John 11:21-27, I came onto the forum this morning intending to enquire of you concerning this very thing. However, what is written is written: it is not for us to infer anything from it, but come to it with a mind free of pre-conception, and a willingness to read exactly what is said within it.

'Then said Martha unto Jesus,

"Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
But I know, that even now, whatsoever Thou wilt ask of God, God will give it Thee. "
Jesus saith unto her,
"Thy brother shall rise again."
Martha saith unto Him,
"I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day."
Jesus said unto her,
"I am the resurrection, and the life:
he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this?"
She saith unto Him,
"Yea, Lord: I believe that Thou art the Christ, the Son of God, Which should come into the world."'
(John 11:17-26)

* The Lord speaks concerning those who believe in Him: those who have died, and those who live. He says that those who have died will live, and those who live will never die. What will produce this change? And on what occasion will this change occur? It would require resurrection power for the dead to live again: and for those who are alive, to never die, mortality must put on immortality, and corruption put on in-corruption: We are told that these things will either happen at His coming again, or His appearing (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:51-54).

* He is the Resurrection and the Life.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

* See Cremation reply#147

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i have not seen such faith in anyone of Israel was said of a Roman Mithraist, pretty powerful statement it was too imo, so i dont think Esau was hated for that?
Well we do need to be that Light, but looking around this forum at all of the political and other questions not related directly to the Lord's business I have to wonder...

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @marks.

The Lord has kept John 11:21-27 on my heart for a while now, and I needed to share it, so thank you for the opportunity. The other passages of Scripture which are hovering in my minds constantly and related, are 2 Corinthians 5:1-10, and Philippians 1:21-23, which I rejoice in.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: marks