The deep danger of politicizing Christianity. It simply reveals our deep need for revival.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure how this will be received, but it must be said. The rift created by this election should scare the pants off of us, not because the party we are affiliated with may not like the results, nor because some are now talking about armed civil war (although that is truly disturbing) but because, ultimately, it reveals the terrible state of the church here in the U.S.

We as His body are called to be the salt of the earth, its 'preservative' from evil having free rein, but sadly, the truth is, we have become sucked into the earths death throlls and on each side of the argument, Christians have been deceived, each one convinced that satan is motivating the other side. The truth is, they are both right.

We as His eternal children, are not of the earth. We are simply sojourners, passers through, but we simply do not get that yet. This is not our home. It never was. I have seen posts here even recently talking about armed rebellion to send 'the left' to see satan. Good Lord, have mercy on us!

On the one side, you have those approving abortion, transgender treatment for kids, gay marriage and stopping support of Israel. On the other side, a leader willing to separate children from parent, one who lies constantly, a man who has no moral compass at all, who has an army of yes men to do his bidding no matter what laws he has to break to get his way. Conspiracy theories have been eaten up like candy, even when no proofs have been presented to substantiate them.

We have all been so overrun by lies and fake news that few have the wisdom to see what is happening. It truly is a terrifying time.

Both of these choices should send us to our knees but instead, multitudes have chosen sides and by doing so, are choosing evil, no matter which side they think is 'more' right. Both are evil and I pray we see that.

America is not God's bastion of truth in a world running amok. We are carnal, self-centered, doing what benefits us just like everyone else. God and patriotism will soon have to part ways and if any think they can keep one foot in each arena, they will soon have to make a choice. We cannot serve God and the god of this earth.

Perilous times are fast approaching. We cannot even fathom how close we are to the end. There is but one place of safety, on our knees, submitting to Him alone, begging Him to forgive us for our blindness and hardness of heart. God will abundantly pardon us and bring us to His place of safety, freed from the grip of our carnal natures and the sin that so easily besets us, but He is waiting on us, each one of us, to tell Him we need Him to rescue us from our carnal, earthly mindset.

In the early church, as Caesar was burning Christians to light His courtyard, as entire families were being fed to wild beasts to entertain the public, Christians did not fight back. They believed that whoever was the governing authority was appointed by God. It was not a stamp of approval on them. Do we understand that?

Now is the time when we need to revisit the verse that tells us:

2 Chronicles 7:14
King James Version

"14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

The question before us is..... will we admit our need, both collectively and individually, that it is OUR sin that needs to be confessed and healed? God has promised to heal our land.... not America, but the church itself, worldwide.

I do not think I can remember a time I have been more saddened by what I see happening to us as His people. Yes, we will have tribulation in the world. Yes, things are terrible and confusing and disheartening. But guys, for Jesus to return, these things MUST come to pass.

We are to overcome evil, but cannot do so until the evil is first subdued in us, in our own hearts. Our call is not to overcome evil with armed 'defense of the truth', no matter what we believe is the truth.

There is but ONE truth, Jesus Himself, and He does not need us defending Him. He needs us to submit to Him, fully, 100% surrender, for it is the only way we can overcome evil with good.

May God awaken us to our great need, for it is the only path to us having our eyes opened to how, despite the world rolling on towards destruction, we can walk faithful to Him all the way to the end.

Let us remember that the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. Let us cry out to our God for heavenly mindedness, eyes that have a laser focus on Christ. Evil men will wax worse and worse, both democrats and republicans. This world is rotting and the rot is coming towards the surface, infecting even those who are called to be part of the Bride. I pray eyes are opened to what satan's plan is and that we all flee into the safety of Christ's open arms.

blessings to all who are His children,

Gideon

Lord Jesus, have mercy upon your servant for such a poorly worded call to your children. Forgive us all Lord, mysrlf at the head of the line, for our self willed blindness to the truth of who we are and what our calling actually entails.

Let the blinders fall from our eyes that we might see the hope of our calling and the exceeding great power You have towards usward who believe.

Forgive each one of us for our part, big or small, in promoting our own kingdom at the expense of yours.

Restore us to full spiritual health, no matter the cost to us personally, and use us Lord in these last days, to save as many as possible from the destruction we know is coming.

Give us eyes that see past today, our past our own little worlds, or past the borders of our own country of residence. Let us see that ultimately, there is simply your will or ours and our call is full and absolute surrender. Amen.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure how this will be received, but it must be said. The rift created by this election should scare the pants off of us, not because the party we are affiliated with may not like the results because some are now talking about armed civil war but because it reveals the terrible state of the church here in the U.S.

We have become sucked into the earths death throlls and on each side of the argument, Christians have been deceived, each one convinced that satan is motivating the other side. The truth is, they are both right.

We are not of the earth. We simply do not get that yet. This is not our home. We are to walk as sojourners. I have seen posts here even recently talking about armed rebellion to send 'the left' to see satan. Good Lord, have mercy on us!

On the one side, you have those approving abortion, transgender treatment for kids, gay marriage and stopping support of Israel. On the other side, a leader willing to separate children from parent, one who lies constantly, a man who has no moral compass at all, who has an army of yes men to do his bidding no matter what laws he has to break to get his way. Conspiracy theories have been eaten up like candy, even when no proofs have been presented to substantiate them.

We have all been so overrun by lies and fake news that few have the wisdom to see what is happening. It truly is a terrifying time.

Both of these choices should send us to our knees but instead, multitudes have chosen sides and by doing so, are choosing evil, no matter which side they think is 'more' right. Both are evil and I pray we see that.

America is not God's bastion of truth in a world running amok. We are carnal, self-centered, doing what benefits us just like everyone else. God and patriotism will soon have to part ways and if any think they can keep one foot in each arena, they will soon have to make a choice. We cannot serve God and the god of this earth.

Perilous times are fast approaching. We cannot even fathom how close we are to the end. There is but one place of safety, on our knees, submitting to Him alone, begging Him to forgive us for our blindness and hardness of heart. God will abundantly pardon us and bring us to His place of safety, freed from the grip of our carnal natures and the sin that so easily besets us, but He is waiting on us, each one of us, to tell Him we need Him to rescue us from our carnal, earthly mindset.

In the early church, as Caesar was burning Christians to light His courtyard, as entire families were being fed to wild beasts to entertain the public, Christians did not fight back. They believed that whoever was the governing authority was appointed by God. It was not a stamp of approval on them. Do we understand that?

King James Version

"14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

The question before us is..... will we admit our need, both collectively and individually, that it is OUR sin that needs to be confessed and healed? God has promised to heal our land.... not America, but the church itself, worldwide.

I do not think I can remember a time I have been more saddened by what I see happening to us as His people. Yes, we will have tribulation in the world. Yes, things are terrible and confusing and disheartening. But guys, for Jesus to return, these things MUST come to pass.

We are to overcome evil, but cannot do so until the evil is first subdued in us, in our own hearts. Our call is not to overcome evil with armed 'defense of the truth', no matter what we believe is the truth.

There is but ONE truth, Jesus Himself, and He does not need us defending Him. He needs us to submit to Him, fully, 100% surrender, for it is the only way we can overcome evil with good.

May God awaken us to our great need, for it is the only path to us having our eyes opened to how, despite the world rolling on towards destruction, we can walk faithful to Him all the way to the end.

Let us remember that the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. Let us cry out to our God for heavenly mindedness, eyes that have a laser focus on Christ. Evil men will wax worse and worse, both democrats and republicans. This world is rotting and the rot is coming towards the surface, infecting even those who are called to be part of the Bride. I pray eyes are opened to what satan's plan is and that we all flee into the safety of Christ's open arms.

Gideon

Lord Jesus, have mercy upon your servant for such a poorly worded call to your children. Forgive us all Lord, mysrlf at the head of the line, for our self willed blindness to the truth of who we are and what our calling actually entails.

Let the blinders fall from our eyes that we might see the hope of our calling and the exceeding great power You have towards usward who believe.

Forgive each one of us for our part, big or small, in promoting our own kingdom at the expense of yours.

Restore us to full spiritual health, no matter the cost to us personally, and use us Lord in these last days, to save as many as possible from the destruction we know is coming.

Give us eyes that see past today, our past our own little worlds, or past the borders of our own country of residence. Let us see that ultimately, there is simply your will or ours and our call is full and absolute surrender. Amen.

Very good post Gideon. This is how I see it as well and have for some time now. So many angry Christians with the "us vs them" mentality. It's like they think the govt. will save them according to who they vote for. Satan is behind all of them, IMHO. Rep. Dem. does NOT matter...our end has already been written, He knows, He sees the hearts of those who would rather get on their knees and love the enemy and pray for them as well as rock solid faith to get through what is coming. Clear as day to myself and, when politics are being discussed, i'll just quietly leave the room. They are every one, speaking to the choir.
Yes, "full surrender" to God brings about so many awesome things as He uses us for His purposes.
God bless brother and we shall keep up with the prayers for this nation, and the whole world!

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure how this will be received, but it must be said. The rift created by this election should scare the pants off of us, not because the party we are affiliated with may not like the results because some are now talking about armed civil war but because it reveals the terrible state of the church here in the U.S.

We have become sucked into the earths death throlls and on each side of the argument, Christians have been deceived, each one convinced that satan is motivating the other side. The truth is, they are both right.

We are not of the earth. We simply do not get that yet. This is not our home. We are to walk as sojourners. I have seen posts here even recently talking about armed rebellion to send 'the left' to see satan. Good Lord, have mercy on us!

King James Version

Gideon

Good post/comment..
----
Ultimately, it is 'spiritual issue'.
- As you indicated..
----
Since the time of 'Constantine & Theodosius I'..
- Christians are 'lured into' political power/establishment.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Gideons300
My friend what we are seeing indeed reminds me of this:

"And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them... Luke 9:54-56

What battle are we fighting and how are we to fight it? These United States, in their best time were Not the Kingdom of God!

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 9:33

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Gideons300
My friend what we are seeing indeed reminds me of this:

"And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them... Luke 9:54-56

What battle are we fighting and how are we to fight it? These United States, in their best time were Not the Kingdom of God!

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 9:33
Perfect choice my brother! There are answers for all of our questions as to how we are to act, be, love. The only weapon I think a Christian should have right now is, prayer. Those who stock weapons are stocking pea shooters compared to what could come against them.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure how this will be received, but it must be said. The rift created by this election should scare the pants off of us, not because the party we are affiliated with may not like the results, nor because some are now talking about armed civil war (although that is truly disturbing) but because, ultimately, it reveals the terrible state of the church here in the U.S.

We as His body are called to be the salt of the earth, its 'preservative' from evil having free rein, but sadly, the truth is, we have become sucked into the earths death throlls and on each side of the argument, Christians have been deceived, each one convinced that satan is motivating the other side. The truth is, they are both right.

We as His eternal children, are not of the earth. We are simply sojourners, passers through, but we simply do not get that yet. This is not our home. It never was. I have seen posts here even recently talking about armed rebellion to send 'the left' to see satan. Good Lord, have mercy on us!

King James Version

Gideon

Greetings, Gideon.

I think you are approaching the issue too judgmentally here myself. I'm not particularly political, and all the endless political squabbles we've had here over the past six months have generally not been a great concern to me. But as we have been positing, what is at stake now is of immense importance... I would go into detail, but your use of the term "conspiracy theory" suggests you may reject what I would add. But the country was founded as a Christian nation, and to let it go down the drain now would be a terrible mistake on the part of the church, especially if she were thinking she needed to be more "spiritually-minded." I frankly don't see anything at the moment that would make the church more spiritually-minded, Lol, but I do think she could at least play a part in preserving the United States in the form she took when she was created, where the people still have the power to decide what will take place.

God bless,
- H

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

King James Version

Gideon

Everyday our hearts will ache as we look at what is happening. And yet most can not see it. The cry that is in our hearts before Him is "Lord have mercy". This we can not help but do, because we love as our Father within does. Lets us become One voice in this cry "Lord have mercy".

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As if . . . the USA is in political turmoil because, why? Christians aren't being Christlike enough?

Well, the argument was that they were not praying enough, which I personally agree with. But I unfortunately never thought the church was going to pray much anyway. A few are likely still praying their hearts out, but most likely aren't.
I don't think ANYTHING will make "The Church" more spiritually minded. But afflictions in the believer's life are there to make the person more spiritually minded

Ah... now I think there is one thing that will wake some in the church up IMO, and that is hardships, opposition and eventually persecution. These will FORCE the church here to pray, whether she wants to or not, and finally become more spiritual as a result. How quickly those hardships come now remains to be seen. Granted, most will not even draw closer to God when the hardships come. Most will drift even farther from God. But the true church will draw closer to the Lord to receive His grace and empowerment to face what is coming.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...We as His body are called to be the salt of the earth...
Salt has several functions. It improves the flavor and color of foods. It is also a nutrient. It is also a preservative. And it is also a cleansing and purifying agent.

Christians -- as the salt of the earth -- must not only recognize the evil that surrounds them, but also reprove the works and workers of darkness. That is plainly stated in Scripture.

The Lord did not hesitate to pronounce woes on the evildoers. And the evildoers today are working daily to destroy peace, freedom, and lives, and establish turmoil and anarchy worldwide.

As far as "the politicizing" of Christianity goes, Christians in the USA and Canada must understand that as responsible citizens of supposedly free countries, they have a duty to speak out against attacks directed at democracy and civil liberties. These have intensified over the last decade, particularly over the last four years.

There is absolutely no question that the evil Democrats, and their minions in BLM and Antifa declared war on America, its Constitution, and all its institutions, as well as its civil liberties. There is no question that they committed treasonous fraud in this election. And to suggest that Christians should simply stand by and say nothing about this evil goes against Christian principles.

To naively claim that there are only "conspiracy theories" and not actual conspiracies is to lie to ourselves and others. There was an evil conspiracy against Donald Trump from even before he was elected, and it has culminated in MASSIVE election fraud to stop him from continuing as president.

The COVID conspiracy is a part of this, since it is a bogus pandemic. So when you add up everything that has been going on since 2016, there is no question that a treasonous coup d'etat was mounted to remove a legitimate president from office so that America could be destroyed. And unless drastic action is taken by Trump right now, this will be the end of America.

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salt has several functions. It improves the flavor and color of foods. It is also a nutrient. It is also a preservative. And it is also a cleansing and purifying agent.

Christians -- as the salt of the earth -- must not only recognize the evil that surrounds them, but also reprove the works and workers of darkness. That is plainly stated in Scripture.

The Lord did not hesitate to pronounce woes on the evildoers. And the evildoers today are working daily to destroy peace, freedom, and lives, and establish turmoil and anarchy worldwide.

As far as "the politicizing" of Christianity goes, Christians in the USA and Canada must understand that as responsible citizens of supposedly free countries, they have a duty to speak out against attacks directed at democracy and civil liberties. These have intensified over the last decade, particularly over the last four years.

There is absolutely no question that the evil Democrats, and their minions in BLM and Antifa declared war on America, its Constitution, and all its institutions, as well as its civil liberties. There is no question that they committed treasonous fraud in this election. And to suggest that Christians should simply stand by and say nothing about this evil goes against Christian principles.

To naively claim that there are only "conspiracy theories" and not actual conspiracies is to lie to ourselves and others. There was an evil conspiracy against Donald Trump from even before he was elected, and it has culminated in MASSIVE election fraud to stop him from continuing as president.

The COVID conspiracy is a part of this, since it is a bogus pandemic. So when you add up everything that has been going on since 2016, there is no question that a treasonous coup d'etat was mounted to remove a legitimate president from office so that America could be destroyed. And unless drastic action is taken by Trump right now, this will be the end of America.
Brother, I could try to come up with a logical rebuttal to your allegations, but logic would not be welcomed into this conversation.

I would love for you to spend even an hour talking to ICU doctors and nurses at the end of their shifts before you make pronouncements that have no link to reality. How many deaths per day will it take to convince you otherwise? Two weeks ago we were exceeding 1,000. We were warned it would get worse... far worse. Yesterday it passed 2,600 in one 24 hour period. It will go higher still. I have no idea how to even have a discussion with you.

Do you realize that there are "evil Democrats" that are your brothers and sisters in Christ? Shall we have them face firing squad or so our capacity for forgiveness by simply ending them to gulags? May God have mercy on all of us.

blessings,

Gideon

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We find ourselves today at the door of Sodom and Gomorrah,
the foot of Pharaoh who enslaved the hebrews,
at the foot of Nebuchdnezzar who would throw Daniel in the Lion's den
at the foot of Rome who would burn christians at the stake.
There are other examples and other situations, when God has called on the armies of Israel to stand and fight as one man.
There are other times when he has said, be still and know that I am God.

Anytime Israel went to war without God leading the way, they lost and lost terribly.
And when he said to stand still, the battle was won.

I don't believe in war. If the ones causing the frictions, the so-called leaders want war.. let them put on the armour and fight.
We need to be the ones who heal, the ones who encourage, the ones who bring hope.
This is a spiritual war and yes it must be faught spiritually.
Not against a party or an individual.
The fight is against the darkness and depression and hopelessness that the people feel.
And this my friend, is worth fighting for.

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Peace

Hugs

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How many deaths per day will it take to convince you otherwise?
Reporting deaths FRAUDULENTLY is not medical science. It is politics. Kindly scrutizine CDC web site carefully and seen how they have tried to obfuscate the truth.

A Johns Hopkins researcher recently published a paper showing that COVID deaths HAD NOT increased total deaths in the USA in any significant way. But because this went against the Leftist narrative, this paper was *disappeared* in a hurry. Check it out for yourself.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is fine. We can vote; we can protest peacefully; we can convince our neighbors to stand for a Christian nation. But, we cannot pick up arms and start harming other humans using violence; if we do, we are no longer following Christ.

I created a thread on this question because it raises an interesting dilemma, one that plagued even Christian clergy back in the days of the American Revolution. Personally, I agree with Forrest that my loyalties lie first and foremost with the Lord Jesus Christ, and I don't wage war against flesh and blood. But in no way would I deny the rights of other Christians to fight in the defense of their country if they felt so led. That would be to impose my moral and spiritual convictions and expectations of spiritual strength on others as if they were all in the same position. I think all men, including if not especially all Christian men and women, must follow the leading of their own consciences in a matter like that, and I think the apostle Paul would have agreed.

You are free of course to disagree, but that would be a matter of following one's own conscience as well. :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We as His body are called to be the salt of the earth,
That's not quite right.

Jesus told the Jews that they ARE the salt of the earth. Nowhere are the body of Christ "called to be" salt.

Much love!