The Deity of Jesus under attack on this forum.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did say the entire bible.
But Matthew 28 is good.

What is the stretch?
I quoted the stretch and you saw it.

Even my morning reading this morning contradicted your preposterous claim three times in one page of Scripture.

"...thou art THE God ... thou alone ... of all the kingdoms of the earth."
2 Kings 19:15
"...thou art THE Lord God, ... thou only."
2 Kings 19:19
"... the Holy ONE of Israel."
2 Kings 19:22

None of those verses allow for your claim. Not ONE of 'em.

All on the same page of OT Scripture.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I quoted the stretch and you saw it.

Even my morning reading this morning contradicted your preposterous claim three times in one page of Scripture.

"...thou art THE God ... thou alone ... of all the kingdoms of the earth."
2 Kings 19:15
"...thou art THE Lord God, ... thou only."
2 Kings 19:19
"... the Holy ONE of Israel."
2 Kings 19:22

None of those verses allow for your claim. Not ONE of 'em.

All on the same page of OT Scripture.
What is my claim?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I think both you and I are very respectful and peaceful toward others, at least I know you are.

But I know what you're saying about Wynona...I come and go exactly for this same reason.
Too many personal posts instead of sticking to scripture.
Correct you are @Gods Grace, too many personal posts and a whole lot of philosophizing, not edifying
to say the least.
Shalom to you
J.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you seem reluctant to state what title Christ must be given to inherit eternal life we will leave it there. Possibly you don't know the answer
You have a pattern of taking your toys and running home when you are corrected.

Pitiful.

Your knowledge of Scripture is shameful for a seminary grad.

What a waste of your time and money when you could've studied the Bible on your own, with the faithful guidance of the Holy Spirit for free and come away with the best education a Christian can get.

Instead you let them turn you into one of their minions arguing against Truth with leaky logic and unfounded positions that fold and crumble in the slightest Light of Truth.

Run away now. Shoo, shoo.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
As you seem reluctant to state what title Christ must be given to inherit eternal life we will leave it there. Possibly you don't know the answer
Mar_10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
Luk_10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
Luk_18:18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
J.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You have a pattern of taking your toys and running home when you are corrected.

Pitiful.

Your knowledge of Scripture is shameful for a seminary grad.

What a waste of your time and money when you could've studied the Bible on your own, with the faithful guidance of the Holy Spirit for free and come away with the best education a Christian could get.

Instead you let them turn you into one of their minions arguing against Truth with leaky logic and unfounded positions that fold and run in the slightest Light of Truth.

Run away now. Shoo, shoo.
I'm disappointed, I really am, I did think you would have the courage in your convictions to state the title a person must believe Christ to have to inherit eternal life. You need to study more, you might then feel confident enough to answer such a question

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mar_10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
Luk_10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
Luk_18:18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
J.
If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 1John4:15

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm disappointed, I really am, I did think you would have the courage in your convictions to state the title a person must believe Christ to have to inherit eternal life. You need to study more, you might then feel confident enough to answer such a question
Your refusal to post Scripture so that it can be seen by all, and addressed directly, is an admission of your Biblical inadequacy and reveals your lack of sincerity in discussing God and His Word; not to mention cowardice in taking a chance on being wrong and being corrected that you may grow in your knowledge of God. No wonder you don't believe in obedience.

Hosea 4:6

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
J.
I dont actually know the problem with answering the simple question, it is so plainly written so many times. I can only imagine it is because people will not accept it and yield to scripture

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Your claim is that you know something about God's Word when you're absolutely clueless.

Your User Name is an insult to the Truth.
Oh.
Thank you.
This is so Christianly of you.
Perfect behavior for being part of the Kkngdom of God.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your refusal to post Scripture so that it can be seen by all, and addressed directly, is an admission of your Biblical inadequacy and reveals your lack of sincerity in discussing God and His Word; not to mention cowardice in taking a chance on being wrong and being corrected that you may grow in your knowledge of God. No wonder you don't believe in obedience.

Hosea 4:6
I'm sorry to say, that if someone on these websites cannot answer such a simple question as to who you must believe Christ to be/the title you must give him to inherit eternal life, it is not a very good reflection of their confidence in their own beliefs

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry to say, that if someone on these websites cannot answer such a simple question as to who you must believe Christ to be/the title you must give him to inherit eternal life, it is not a very good reflection of their confidence in their own beliefs
If you can't post the chapter and verse that makes that declaration, that means it doesn't exist.

You're dancing around singing "Na na, boo boo!" because you literally have nothing else to offer to the discussion.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you can't post the chapter and verse that makes that declaration, that means it doesn't exist.

You're dancing around singing "Na, na, boo, boo" because you literally have nothing else to offer to the discussion.
From your words, it is not surprising you are fearful of answering such a simple question

Reactions: Jim B

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's not the requirement to receiving the Holy Spirit.

Obedience is.
John 14:21-23
Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

How much of Jesus teaching have you obeyed that you might receive the Holy Spirit?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 1John4:15

confess: 1Jn_4:2, 1Jn_5:1, 1Jn_5:5; Mat_10:32; Luk_12:8; Rom_10:9; Php_2:11; 2Jn_1:7
God dwelleth: 1Jn_4:12, 1Jn_3:24

The simplicity of the good news confounds the wise
Shalom
J.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
confess: 1Jn_4:2, 1Jn_5:1, 1Jn_5:5; Mat_10:32; Luk_12:8; Rom_10:9; Php_2:11; 2Jn_1:7
God dwelleth: 1Jn_4:12, 1Jn_3:24

The simplicity of the good news confounds the wise
Shalom
J.
At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do Luke10:21

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You're dancing around singing "Na na, boo boo!" because you literally have nothing else to offer to the discussion.

Congratulations! You have been promoted to the third grade! "Na na, boo boo!" Really???

Reactions: stephen64

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
J.