The Desecration of the Second Temple.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God told me to keep my eyes on Israel and that is what I am doing.
Which did He say, was relevant about the temple for today?
1. That it was going to be built again in troublous times? Daniel 9:25
2. he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation. Daniel 9:27
My answer is #2.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,

In Luke 14, Jesus told a "parable" that indicated that Israel will attempt to build a new/renewed Temple, where the the temple is represented metaphorically as a tower in keeping with OT prophecies, but in the Luke parable Jesus tells them they would look silly and become mocked by the nations around them, for trying too.

He also Goes on to describe the battle that will be seen from Jerusalem, i.e. Armageddon, and that the king/leader in Jerusalem will consider whether he can beat the King fighting the nations or if he cannot, then he will send a delegation to seek the terms of peace with that "king."

This section of Luke ends with Jesus indicating that salt is worthless if it has lost its salt and as such it will be discarded by men.

It is my view that any attempt by Israel to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem will be the trigger that causes all the kings of the earth together at Armageddon to put a stop to Israel building the Temple one last time.

Now my understanding is that Armageddon will happen within the next 25 or so years, where the Lord will judge the Gentile nations for trampling His sanctuary and His earthly Hosts over a 2,300 year period. At this time Israel will have to repent of their continual idolatrous worship, both past and present, during the period from Isaac right up and until the present time.

God also tells us prophetically that when He begins to gather Israel to Himself, that He will plant them in the Fertile Field of Christ, and that He will teach them on the religion of Christ, where they are living scattered through out the whole earth. That He will cleanse them with water in preparation to become a Kingdom of His Priests, a Holy Nation and His Possession among the nations.

There are many passages when considered in the context of the original texts, speak of these things happening.

Israel has tried many time since 70 AD to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem but each time their plans have been thawed such that the attempts to rebuild the Temple have been abandoned.

We often need a "fact check," even on Christian forums to know what the truth of the matter is.

Shalom
When the KoG was taken from Israel, and given to others (born again Christians), so also went away from Israel, all of God's "If/Then" prophecies.

Israel as a nation has no future, but the Israel of God, being of both Jew and Gentile, in faith of Jesus, does have a future, of which will be changed and resurrected upon the Day of Jesus' return in flaming fire.
It's really quite simple, as revealed in Romans 8:8-9.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When the KoG was taken from Israel, and given to others (born again Christians), so also went away from Israel, all of God's "If/Then" prophecies.

Israel as a nation has no future, but the Israel of God, being of both Jew and Gentile, in faith of Jesus, does have a future, of which will be changed and resurrected upon the Day of Jesus' return in flaming fire.
It's really quite simple, as revealed in Romans 8:8-9.

What prophetic words of God do you believe in then? Only those words that make you feel good about yourself and elevates you.

The Church today has much to answer for in its trampling of God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts over the past 2,000 years, let alone the 300 years before that.

The Leadership of todays church will be among the "kings" who are gathered at Armageddon to be judged by Jesus for their actions against both God sanctuary and His earthly Hosts.

Our respective contextual understanding of what is happening, means that we do not even know that our sins are piling up and the very ground is revealing our sins against our fellow citizens of this earth.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which did He say, was relevant about the temple for today?
1. That it was going to be built again in troublous times? Daniel 9:25
2. he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation. Daniel 9:27
My answer is #2.
Don't mock me or my testimony of what I share with you about what He speaks to me.
Keeping my eyes on Israel is multifaceted because there is so much prophesied about her in the last days and I am witnessing prophesy being fulfilled at this very time in our lives.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't mock me or my testimony of what I share with you about what He speaks to me.
Keeping my eyes on Israel is multifaceted because there is so much prophesied about her in the last days and I am witnessing prophesy being fulfilled at this very time in our lives.
I'm surprised you are so easily offended when a differing point of view is presented to you H2S.

Reactions: Cassandra

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm surprised you are so easily offended when a differing point of view is presented to you H2S.
For one you assume too much.....you create your own narrative...you try to redirect the subject by changing the script....
I specifically said He told me to keep my eyes on Israel....and I am. I know what the Bible says...
You responded by offering 2 choices of what He said to me...and neither referred to what I said.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not offended by you in anyway concerning myself....but mocking God is unacceptable.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not offended by you in anyway concerning myself....but mocking God is unacceptable.
I'm sure God is big enough to look after himself.....in fact, consider all the suffering he has had to witness through the centuries.
The suffering of his creatures pains God far beyond what our awareness allows. Do we get our nose outta joint just because questions are asked or statements made that offend our narrow view of what is going on?

Defending a point of view contrary to objective facts only stunts our own growth in understanding. We impose the same stunted view on ourselves when we call what we imagine, facts.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not mocking anyone. All I did was ask which scripture has been fulfilled, and which one is still being fulfilled. I then gave my answer to what I thought was correct.
The answer is found in the word "he" in KJV-Daniel 9:27.
So, my question now is:
Does the word "he" make reference to
1. Titus of Rome in 70 AD.,
or does it refer to
2. The Messiah's first appearance?

For correct discernment, I am providing two clues:
A. In the prophecy of Daniel 9:25-26, the word Messiah is used only two times, in the entire Bible.
B. In John 5:39, Jesus said: Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

As a result, in KJV-Daniel 9:27, we must correctly discern who the "he" is that "shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation,....

For my understanding in detail, see my post of yesterday at 2:17pm, (the one where the option to "like" is missing).

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^ cont'd.
Matthew 27[50] Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
[51] And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
[52] And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Does anyone here have an understanding of what the veil of the temple being torn in two signifies?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
^ cont'd.
Matthew 27[50] Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
[51] And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
[52] And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Does anyone here have an understanding of what the veil of the temple being torn in two signifies?
It signifies that there is no barrier that separates us from how God feels towards us. It also signifies that the system of types and shadows is over.
It tells us that God has dealt with Man's separation from God (I reiterate man's separation, not God's).....will we believe it? or do we erect all manner of religious barriers/requirements to preface the good news of God's unspeakable kindness?

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It signifies that there is no barrier that separates us from how God feels towards us. It also signifies that the system of types and shadows is over.
It tells us that God has dealt with Man's separation from God (I reiterate man's separation, not God's).....will we believe it? or do we erect all manner of religious barriers/requirements to preface the good news of God's unspeakable kindness?
Of course, I do understand the signification of why the veil of the temple was torn in two, at the moment of Christ's death. The temple and the animal sacrifices were now no longer required by God, now that the Lamb of God had come and became the ultimate Sacrifice for all, both Jew and Gentile. The Messiah's Sacrifice is the "CAUSE" of WHY the temple and it's services are NO LONGER required by God.
Edit: back to Daniel 9:27

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What prophetic words of God do you believe in then? Only those words that make you feel good about yourself and elevates you.

The Church today has much to answer for in its trampling of God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts over the past 2,000 years, let alone the 300 years before that.

The Leadership of todays church will be among the "kings" who are gathered at Armageddon to be judged by Jesus for their actions against both God sanctuary and His earthly Hosts.

Our respective contextual understanding of what is happening, means that we do not even know that our sins are piling up and the very ground is revealing our sins against our fellow citizens of this earth.
Maybe you haven't fully understood all of KJV Galatians 4, about the two symbolic women. They are spoken of in Revelation quite often.

Which one was "cast out"?

[28] Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
[29] But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
[30] Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Who does the bondwoman represent?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For my understanding in detail, see my post of yesterday at 2:17pm, (the one where the option to "like" is missing).

I live is a very different time zone to you and the code for this forum expresses time for all of the posts in time relevant to me and not to the time where you live, so for you to reference your post that you want people to read again, it is far better for you to actually state the number of the post in/and the tread that you are referencing, otherwise it is too difficult for a plebe like me to trawl through the post to discover what you are talking about.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live is a very different time zone to you and the code for this forum expresses time for all of the posts in time relevant to me and not to the time where you live, so for you to reference your post that you want people to read again, it is far better for you to actually state the number of the post in/and the tread that you are referencing, otherwise it is too difficult for a plebe like me to trawl through the post to discover what you are talking about.
I would like to give the post #, but there are no post #S that show up for mobile devices. Why, I don't know. I asked before about it but nothing changes to improve. To me it's kind of basic, don't you think?
Why it doesn't get done, I gave up!
Maybe I will start putting in my own #s in.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would like to give the post #, but there are no post #S that show up for mobile devices. Why, I don't know. I asked before about it but nothing changes to improve. To me it's kind of basic, don't you think?
Post numbers are given far top hand right of posts ....even on mobiles

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I had people complain about the way I format scriptures that look okay on my Lap top screen, but for people who use mobile phones as their means of interacting on the net, they have difficulty is seeing the scriptures that I have include in my post where I have indented the scripture so that it stands out from the rest of the post.

Mobile phone usage adds a new level of code necessary for forum owners to develop so that you can see the actual message that ends up on the right of the screen or where ever it goes. My problem with technology is that there are limits in the device that we use. Soon people will be creating electronic door hinges to stop the hinge from squeaking. Know what I mean.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had people complain about the way I format scriptures that look okay on my Lap top screen, but for people who use mobile phones as their means of interacting on the net, they have difficulty is seeing the scriptures that I have include in my post where I have indented the scripture so that it stands out from the rest of the post.

Mobile phone usage adds a new level of code necessary for forum owners to develop so that you can see the actual message that ends up on the right of the screen or where ever it goes. My problem with technology is that there are limits in the device that we use. Soon people will be creating electronic door hinges to stop the hinge from squeaking. Know what I mean.
Lol. I didn't realize that a simple algorithm couldn't be applied here for numbering posts in a thread, whether mobile devices are used or not. It doesn't register in my brain. I mean, I get consecutive page #s no problem.
BTW, on page 14, I edited my post in red as
EB post #001 in the upper left of my post.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also experienced the same problem C/P scripture from an online Bible site. On this forum, it's not such a problem. I can tweak it a bit and there are no issues, but as for sending it in an email, forget it. The best I can do is reference the scripture and from what Bible.