The Devil's Lie : Easy Believism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not referring to material water baptism. Unfortunately for many people with limited comprehension, water baptism is viewed as a literally transforming event, when it is merely symbolic of what has already occurred in the spiritual realm.

If Spiritual rebirth through Christ has not taken place, the water baptism means nothing.

no the sacraments automatically accomplish what they signify

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the physical action of the sacrements accomplish nothing other than provide a sign.

that’s not the doctrine of the apostles
Acts 2:42

Dogma teaching of the apostles
Divine revelation
Divine and catholic faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

162. The Sacraments of the New Covenant contain the grace which they signify
163 The sacraments work ex opera operato! (Simply by being done)
164. All the Sacraments of the New Covenant confer sanctifying grace on the receivers.
165. Three Sacraments, Baptism, Confirmation and Holy Orders, imprint a character, that is, an
indelible spiritual mark, and for this reason cannot be repeated.
166. The Sacramental Character is a spiritual mark imprinted on the soul.
167. The Sacramental Character continues at least until the death of its bearer.
168. All the Sacraments of the New Covenant were instituted by Jesus Christ.
169. There are Seven Sacraments of the New Law.
170. The Sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for the salvation of mankind.
171. For the valid dispensing of the Sacraments it is necessary that the minister accomplish the
Sacramental Sign in the proper manner.

Josh27

Aug 14, 2021
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that’s not the doctrine of the apostles
Acts 2:42

Dogma teaching of the apostles
Divine revelation
Divine and catholic faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

162. The Sacraments of the New Covenant contain the grace which they signify
163 The sacraments work ex opera operato! (Simply by being done)
164. All the Sacraments of the New Covenant confer sanctifying grace on the receivers.
165. Three Sacraments, Baptism, Confirmation and Holy Orders, imprint a character, that is, an
indelible spiritual mark, and for this reason cannot be repeated.
166. The Sacramental Character is a spiritual mark imprinted on the soul.
167. The Sacramental Character continues at least until the death of its bearer.
168. All the Sacraments of the New Covenant were instituted by Jesus Christ.
169. There are Seven Sacraments of the New Law.
170. The Sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for the salvation of mankind.
171. For the valid dispensing of the Sacraments it is necessary that the minister accomplish the
Sacramental Sign in the proper manner.
162-171 are more proof of the sin filled trash which have led to the atrocities and Godless filth from the Romanists.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
162-171 are more proof of the sin filled trash which have led to the atrocities and Godless filth from the Romanists.

Christ and his church are one acts 9:4
Yo reject his church or what it teaches is to reject Christ
As all fundamentalists unfortunately do to their own destruction!

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear 2nd Timothy Group.

The reason that God gives Pastors , is to feed the sheep.
The reason God gives people like me, is to help believers understand how to Believe Right.

All believers are the same in only one regard. That is, we are all on our way to heaven, because we are born again.
But beyond that, all are in different states of spiritual growth, including = Theological/Doctrinal/New Testament understanding.

We are all told to work out our Salvation, and we are all in that process, until we have come to the place of perfection, as Paul teaches.
That place, has less to do with a perfect lifestyle, then it does with perfect understanding.
Wisdom is the principal thing, not opinion, and not Theology, as until the Light of Wisdom is birthed deeply in you, then, your understanding is going to be feelings based and not Spirit based.

The reality is, that until a believer masters the most basic principle of God's Grace, which is.....that its a free gift, not earned or kept, but given, imputed, and sealed by God....then that person is a ship with no rudder, being tossed about by every demon's new teaching.
But, if they can live in this verse... Hebrews 13:9....until it has solidified them, regarding their faith, so that they are no longer trying to keep themselves saved and are now fully invested in God's Grace,= then, from THERE, God can use you, and will.
But you have to get there, Reader.
I will give you a hypothetical situation: A person says they believe in Jesus, and then after their confession, they are approached by some criminals and they determine to rob a bank. During the bank robbery this man kills the night guard. He next flies to Iraq and while there, he converts to be a Muslim and during a raid on another village rapes a 12 year old girl and her mother, and kills the father.
He never again thinks of Jesus, and dies a Muslim. Will he still go to heaven and into the loving arms of Jesus?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will give you a hypothetical situation: A person says they believe in Jesus, and then after their confession, they are approached by some criminals and they determine to rob a bank. During the bank robbery this man kills the night guard. He next flies to Iraq and while there, he converts to be a Muslim and during a raid on another village rapes a 12 year old girl and her mother, and kills the father.
He never again thinks of Jesus, and dies a Muslim. Will he still go to heaven and into the loving arms of Jesus?

nothing about repentance here
Of course faith alone has no room for repentance
Matt 24:13 jn 3:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean: faith alone has no room for repentance?

Faith alone! That means faith alone! Period!
No sacraments
No repentance
No hope
No charity
No love of God duet. 6:5
No grace
No nothing but faith alone!
Alone means alone!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith alone! That means faith alone! Period!
No sacraments
No repentance
No hope
No charity
No love of God duet. 6:5
No grace
No nothing but faith alone!
Alone means alone!
Sie R double C got your mind twisted real bad my friend .

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That means nothing in relation to an individuals salvation. Satan and the demons "believe" in Jesus and many will "profess" but deny.

Based on the conditions of your example alone- he will most likely fry.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That means nothing in relation to an individuals salvation. Satan and the demons "believe" in Jesus and many will "profess" but deny.

Based on the conditions of your example alone- he will most likely fry.

needs baptism the promise of the father

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ANGEL OF GOD, my Guardian dear,
To whom His love commits me here,
Ever this day be at my side,
To light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.

“Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" (Hebrews 1:14)

Psalm 34:7 The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

Rev 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.

4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you find these water baptized cult of mary types and Ultra Calvinists and similar ranting about the Law and Commandments and all the SELF EFFORT theology they can spew out to try to replace or subvert the Grace of God.

You obviously don’t understand the reformed doctrine of Calvinism.

In that false theology, everyone is born spiritually dead, and incapable of believing or responding to the gospel, unless God First imparts irresistible grace into them, they are regenerated, and they then believe - thus in that dogma, God saves (the elect only) with man having no part whatsoever in their salvation.

Their distortion of election and predestination requires them to put grace before faith, and has regeneration preceding both grace and faith.

What can send a Calvinist to hell is the false doctrine that if they believe in Jesus, they have already been regenerated and saved - when having faith is just the first step in being saved - instead of their faith being a response to having already been saved.

For example, Romans 10:8-13 is where Paul states exactly what they, the apostles teach about HOW TO BE SAVED, thus that passage cuts through all the man-made doctrine about how salvation works.

In it we learn that IF we confess with our mouths, the faith in our hearts, that Jesus is LORD and that God raised Him from the dead WE SHALL BE SAVED - for with the HEART WE BELIEVE unto righteousness, and with the MOUTH, confession is made UNTO SALVATION, for whosoever CALLS UPON the name of the Lord, SHALL BE SAVED.

In that passage we learn that our faith in our heart does not save us until we confess it with our mouth AND also CALL UPON the name of the lord.

This requirement of confessing our faith with our lips, lines right up with Jesus saying that IF we confess Him before men, He will confess us to the Father - which means if we don’t, He won’t.

Those are choices we have to make after having faith - and Romans 10:17 even tells us how we get faith - it’s by hearing the word of God - thus the false teaching that faith is the response to irresistible grace, is wrong.

Faith is the response to hearing God’s word.

And the purpose of water baptism - which is part of making disciples of all men, Matthew 28:19 - is to publicly confess your faith with your mouth, your belief in His death, burial and resurrection from the dead, by the symbolism of that found in water baptism.

How many churches today, ever teach the biblical way of salvation found in Romans 10:8-13, instead of their man-made doctrines, inferred from proof texting scripture, using sectarian bias?

That passage cuts through all the biblical errors, by Paul stating: this is what WE, the apostles, teach...

Not what John Calvin teaches - nor what Roman Catholicism teaches - nor what anyone else claims - but what THE APOSTLES taught.

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God uses both saved and unsaved people. "From there" is a false notion regarding who God uses.

Tell me, how has God actually used yourself?
I have no recollection of being used but I do have of being served!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You obviously don’t understand the reformed doctrine of Calvinism.

In that false theology, everyone is born spiritually dead, and incapable of believing or responding to the gospel, unless God First imparts irresistible grace into them, they are regenerated, and they then believe - thus in that dogma, God saves (the elect only) with man having no part whatsoever in their salvation.

Their distortion of election and predestination requires them to put grace before faith, and has regeneration preceding both grace and faith.

What can send a Calvinist to hell is the false doctrine that if they believe in Jesus, they have already been regenerated and saved - when having faith is just the first step in being saved - instead of their faith being a response to having already been saved.

For example, Romans 10:8-13 is where Paul states exactly what they, the apostles teach about HOW TO BE SAVED, thus that passage cuts through all the man-made doctrine about how salvation works.

In it we learn that IF we confess with our mouths, the faith in our hearts, that Jesus is LORD and that God raised Him from the dead WE SHALL BE SAVED - for with the HEART WE BELIEVE unto righteousness, and with the MOUTH, confession is made UNTO SALVATION, for whosoever CALLS UPON the name of the Lord, SHALL BE SAVED.

In that passage we learn that our faith in our heart does not save us until we confess it with our mouth AND also CALL UPON the name of the lord.

This requirement of confessing our faith with our lips, lines right up with Jesus saying that IF we confess Him before men, He will confess us to the Father - which means if we don’t, He won’t.

Those are choices we have to make after having faith - and Romans 10:17 even tells us how we get faith - it’s by hearing the word of God - thus the false teaching that faith is the response to irresistible grace, is wrong.

Faith is the response to hearing God’s word.

And the purpose of water baptism - which is part of making disciples of all men, Matthew 28:19 - is to publicly confess your faith with your mouth, your belief in His death, burial and resurrection from the dead, by the symbolism of that found in water baptism.

How many churches today, ever teach the biblical way of salvation found in Romans 10:8-13, instead of their man-made doctrines, inferred from proof texting scripture, using sectarian bias?

That passage cuts through all the biblical errors, by Paul stating: this is what WE, the apostles, teach...

Not what John Calvin teaches - nor what Roman Catholicism teaches - nor what anyone else claims - but what THE APOSTLES taught.

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

then it’s works cos you have to choose (volition) to believe and you must continue to believe till death Jn 3:16 believes present tense Matt 24:13

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then it’s works cos you have to choose (volition) to believe and you must continue to believe till death Jn 3:16 believes present tense Matt 24:13

Being saved has nothing to do with performing the works of the law of Moses - the requirement to believe, and confess our faith, plus repent and ask for forgiveness of our sins, is not part of the law of Moses.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being saved has nothing to do with performing the works of the law of Moses - the requirement to believe, and confess our faith, plus repent and ask for forgiveness of our sins, is not part of the law of Moses.
I agree not mosaic law
But good works are required
Suffering is required sacraments instituted by Christ are required mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Heb 2:9-10 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

He is our model in everything!

Christian suffering!

Patience Implies suffering!

In order to bear fruit we must deny ourself, suffer, and die!

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Matthew 24:42
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Verses of Christian suffering:

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Rev 2: 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

Rev 2:23 .....I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree not mosaic law
But good works are required
Suffering is required sacraments instituted by Christ are required mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Heb 2:9-10 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

He is our model in everything!

Christian suffering!

Patience Implies suffering!

In order to bear fruit we must deny ourself, suffer, and die!

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Matthew 24:42
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Verses of Christian suffering:

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Rev 2: 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

Rev 2:23 .....I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Read Romans 19:8-13 on how’d to be saved. No suffering for salvation required.