The Didache and the Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
tom55 said:
Scripture says baptism for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38) AND be baptized and wash away your sins (Acts 22:16) AND baptism now saves you (1 Peter 3:21) AND He who believes AND is baptized will be saved; (Mark 16:16) which is CLEARLY and totally OPPOSITE of what you have said: (Baptism doesn't cause remission of sins nor does it cause anyone to be saved. It does not provide salvation and it does not provide forgiveness of sins. So if you really think that water baptism save someone you really are not understanding the Gospel message of Jesus Christ)

Scripture clearly says you have to believe AND be baptized. YES, I really think that water baptism saves you because scripture CLEARLY says so. It appears you, StanJ, are not understanding the gospel message of Jesus.

As you may recall just prior to John 3:5 Jesus had just been baptized (in water) by John the Baptist and the spirit of God descended upon him. Jesus was telling Nicodemus that he (Nicodemus) had to be born of water and spirit just like he (Jesus) was which is like a new birth.

In regards to 1 Peter 3:3-22 we see that a few people (Noah's family) were saved through water (the flood) and this water (the flood) symbolizes baptism. Scripture says Baptism (water) now saves you just like the flood saved Noah and humanity. The flood was a symbol; baptism is NOT a symbol. You have added to scripture Jesus being compared to the earth (whatever that means?). Sadly you have added to the bible to fit YOUR interpretation. I have only quoted scripture not RCC teachings and you have added to scripture. He says, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. He says again, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water AND of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. When Jesus says Verily, Verily he is setting up what he is about to say as being VERY important. BAPTISM is very important, not a symbol.

Also you said earlier Jesus never baptized one single person SOOOOO....what happened in John 3:22-26? (It's ok if you forgot about this, I did also)

As you continue to pick apart verses out of context, I see no reason to continue trying to reason with you, as you have no desire to learn. Believe what you want, but you have been properly instructed.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
StanJ said:
As you continue to pick apart verses out of context, I see no reason to continue trying to reason with you, as you have no desire to learn. Believe what you want, but you have been properly instructed.
Pick apart verses out of context? The verses I quoted say OPPOSITE of what you believe. How did I pick them apart?

You see no reason to continue to try and reason with me? Scripture says OPPOSITE of everything you wrote. Doesn't that mean YOU are not using reason?

I have no desire to learn? I asked you a question in my last post and you didn't answer it (which seems common for you). How can I learn if you don't answer my questions?

Believe what I want? I believe what the bible says and it says OPPOSITE of what you wrote.

Properly instructed? Are you infallible?

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
tom55 said:
Pick apart verses out of context? The verses I quoted say OPPOSITE of what you believe. How did I pick them apart?

You see no reason to continue to try and reason with me? Scripture says OPPOSITE of everything you wrote. Doesn't that mean YOU are not using reason?
I have no desire to learn? I asked you a question in my last post and you didn't answer it (which seems common for you). How can I learn if you don't answer my questions?
Believe what I want? I believe what the bible says and it says OPPOSITE of what you wrote.
Properly instructed? Are you infallible?
That's right, I see no reason to continue when you have no actual desire to learn. You ask questions to pick them apart, you don't ask questions to learn. I've already explained and exegeted the scriptures for you and you continue to pick them apart using smaller and smaller portions of them . That is not how you learn Scripture, and that's not how Scripture is used . You don't pick out sections to support your point of view , you take them on a whole to come up with an understanding of what they say . Its called hermeneutics , and it's something that you should learn . This isn't my first go round on forums, and you're certainly not the first person I've encountered that does this. Experience has taught me to not pursue untamed on the ornathoids.