The Divine Son's of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you think is the nature of Satan

• Human - with some divine characteristics "special powers"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angel - one with a lot of power - akin to that of a lesser diety

• Son of God - as stated in the Bible - which explains his special powers.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other - no idea what this might be but thought it should be included.

• Total voters

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your poll questions are incomplete and your above statement is BLATANTLY FALSE. How about this within the poll regarding Satan?
"An evil angel who rebelled against God and was cast out of Heaven".

The ancient Israelites were taught about the one true and living God from the very beginning. They did not have a "divine pantheon" to chose from. But the same token, they did not remain faithful to the true God - YHWH -- but chose to imitate the heathen nations and went into idolatry more often than not.

"To the ancient Israelite's there was a Divine Pantheon"

The Bible mentions the Divine Council - and it was part of the religious beliefs of the ancient Israelite's. Other divinities are mentioned numerous times .. "Sons of God" - and these are not Angels - at least not according to modern Scholarship .. and twirling around crying "False False False" will not change this.

Deut 32:43 - LXX - the Bible the early Christian Church was using .. never mind the one the ancients were using ..

O heavens, rejoice with Him, Bow to him all sons of the divine
O nations, rejoice with his people and let all angels of the divine Strengthen themselves in Him
For He’ll avenge the blood of His Son’s, Be vengeful, and wreak vengeance and recompense justice on his foes
Requite those who reject Him, and the Lord will Cleanse his peoples land.

You see .. other divinities .. up there in heaven .. rejoicing with the Most High .. "Bowing" to the most high .. Subordinate to the Father - just like Jesus was - according to NT scripture and the early Church Fathers.

On a lower tier are the Nations of Earth - on a lower tier yet are the Angels.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now you're speaking nonsense again, and sorry, using words incorrectly, to the point of contradicting yourself. Circular reasoning, by any dialectical esteem, is an invalid means to substantiate one's position. eg: we don't believe that the Bible is the Word of God, because it says that it is the Word of God. We have to prove that it's self-proclamation is true. So again, what do you mean by 'circular logic', ...yes, I'm scared to ask!.

No clue what you are trying to say "dialectical esteem" .. where have I done this .. how have I contradicted myself .. what word have I used incorrectly.. all see is a bunch of unsupported accusations and nonsensical gibberish .. nothing addressing what was stated in my post.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No clue what you are trying to say "dialectical esteem" .. where have I done this .. how have I contradicted myself .. what word have I used incorrectly.. all see is a bunch of unsupported accusations and nonsensical gibberish .. nothing addressing what was stated in my post.
'Dialectical esteem' was a bit awkward, but, it means that any regard for presenting a sound and reasonable argument, circular reasoning defies this.
Listen, my apologies, I was thinking that I may have misunderstood you, and that you were actually saying something viable. I take my apology back, you are difficult, tiresome, unfounded and reckless in your claims. Even your acumen in history is subject to discredit now.
I have yet to get a clear answer from you about anything, you seem to contradict yourself every time that you speak, and digress continuously.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
'Dialectical esteem' was a bit awkward, but, it means that any regard for presenting a sound and reasonable argument, circular reasoning defies this.
Listen, my apologies, I was thinking that I may have misunderstood you, and that you were actually saying something viable. I take my apology back, you are difficult, tiresome, unfounded and reckless in your claims. Even your acumen in history is subject to discredit now.
I have yet to get a clear answer from you about anything, you seem to contradict yourself every time that you speak, and digress continuously.

You are talking gibberish..

Did you have anything to say about the topic - The Son's of God ? .. how many do you think there are ? .. and why not no daughters ?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are talking gibberish..

Did you have anything to say about the topic - The Son's of God ? .. how many do you think there are ? .. and why not no daughters ?
Without doing any type of extensive research on this, which shouldn't be required considering how sparse that the Bible is on this topic, Sons of God can refer to both men and angels. For, there is only one divine Being in the entire universe, that is God the Father (have I stated this before, it sounds so familiar?). Who knows why no daughters, and absolutely and unequivocally, who cares. Quit trying to be so dogmatic about a topic that has maybe an entirety of 10 verses in the Bible, on the matter.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Without doing any type of extensive research on this, which shouldn't be required considering how sparse that the Bible is on this topic, Sons of God can refer to both men and angels.

There is actually a fair bit of information - especially if one looks at older bibles such as the LXX and 4DeutQ

The Sons of God refer's to "Son's of God" - Definitely humans are not being referred to in Genesis when the Gods create humans - and no .. the "Like us .. and In Our Image" is not referring to the Trinity.. it is referring to other Gods.

The "Sons of God" who come from above an mate with humans are not "Humans" .. one could possibly make a case for Angels but it would be weak.

Then there is passages such as Deut 32:43 (LXX) - where the son's of God are clearly distinguished from humans and angels.

Deut 32:43 - LXX
O nations, rejoice with his people and let all angels of the divine Strengthen themselves in Him
For He’ll avenge the blood of His Son’s, Be vengeful, and wreak vengeance and recompense justice on his foes

The Son's of God are up in heaven with God .. bowing to him and rejoicing with him

On a lower tier are the Nations (humans) and lower yet are the Angels.

In Job the "Sons of God" again are in heaven - this time Satan is among them - himself a Son of God. Obviously Satan is not a Human .. nor is he an angel .. A son of God he is.

Unfortunately - the Modern Translation of Deut 32 has been wiped clean of all divinities - and you can see why - as clearly this passage leaves no doubt that the Sons of God are nether humans nor angels. .. they are "Son's of God".

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is actually a fair bit of information - especially if one looks at older bibles such as the LXX and 4DeutQ

The Sons of God refer's to "Son's of God" - Definitely humans are not being referred to in Genesis when the Gods create humans - and no .. the "Like us .. and In Our Image" is not referring to the Trinity.. it is referring to other Gods.

The "Sons of God" who come from above an mate with humans are not "Humans" .. one could possibly make a case for Angels but it would be weak.

Then there is passages such as Deut 32:43 (LXX) - where the son's of God are clearly distinguished from humans and angels.

Deut 32:43 - LXX

The Son's of God are up in heaven with God .. bowing to him and rejoicing with him

On a lower tier are the Nations (humans) and lower yet are the Angels.

In Job the "Sons of God" again are in heaven - this time Satan is among them - himself a Son of God. Obviously Satan is not a Human .. nor is he an angel .. A son of God he is.

Unfortunately - the Modern Translation of Deut 32 has been wiped clean of all divinities - and you can see why - as clearly this passage leaves no doubt that the Sons of God are nether humans nor angels. .. they are "Son's of God".
Sons of God are either angels or man. No divine being can fornicate with humans, such a god does not have organs, he is immaterial and incorporeal.
You are being conclusive and dogmatic about an issue, that the Bible does not give you license to do so.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sons of God are either angels or man. No divine being can fornicate with humans, such a god does not have organs, he is immaterial and incorporeal.
You are being conclusive and dogmatic about an issue, that the Bible does not give you license to do so.

What a silly response

1) repetition of premise is not support for claim - nor is it refutation to the material presented.. Sons of God means "Sons of God"
Humans are not hanging out with God up in heaven.

What part of Divinities up in heaven did you not understand from the passages mentioned ? Humans are out of the question - and it is ridiculous to even suggest it.

2) How do you know what a divine being can and can not do ? Did you have some divinities sit down with you for tea and describe their anatomical parts and/or lack therof ?

So you think it was angels who mated with humans in Genesis .. angels referred to as Sons of God .. and who also help to make man in their image .. which of course makes Satan an Angel.. in your mind ..

So lets forget everything we know about the ancient Israelites and numerous Bible passages such as Psalm 82 - where El is named as head of the council .. and YHWH and other Divinities are there .. and go with "Angels>

Satan has some rather remarkable powers in Job .. quite the Angel he is .. one with "Godlike" powers .. of course on a lesser scale than the "Most High" - El - El Shaddai - God who dwells in the Mountain - Creator - Father - God of Abraham.

So OK .. these angelic sons of the divine .. with Godlike powers - came down and mated with humans .. the offspring of which had a spark of the divine .. also having some power above normal mortals - works for me :) The Greek Myths seem all that more plausible.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What a silly response

1) repetition of premise is not support for claim - nor is it refutation to the material presented.. Sons of God means "Sons of God"
Humans are not hanging out with God up in heaven.

What part of Divinities up in heaven did you not understand from the passages mentioned ? Humans are out of the question - and it is ridiculous to even suggest it.

2) How do you know what a divine being can and can not do ? Did you have some divinities sit down with you for tea and describe their anatomical parts and/or lack therof ?

So you think it was angels who mated with humans in Genesis .. angels referred to as Sons of God .. and who also help to make man in their image .. which of course makes Satan an Angel.. in your mind ..

So lets forget everything we know about the ancient Israelites and numerous Bible passages such as Psalm 82 - where El is named as head of the council .. and YHWH and other Divinities are there .. and go with "Angels>

Satan has some rather remarkable powers in Job .. quite the Angel he is .. one with "Godlike" powers .. of course on a lesser scale than the "Most High" - El - El Shaddai - God who dwells in the Mountain - Creator - Father - God of Abraham.

So OK .. these angelic sons of the divine .. with Godlike powers - came down and mated with humans .. the offspring of which had a spark of the divine .. also having some power above normal mortals - works for me :) The Greek Myths seem all that more plausible.
I'm mean as far as the terminology is concerned, throughout the Bible, not just your very selective verses, son of god, son of man, can refer to angels or men. Only God created the heaven and earth, and God created angels in His image, not just man. Therefore, to create in 'our' image is a viable phrase to use when there is only one divine Being, God the Father, but various others created in His image.