The Doctrine of Purgatory in Catholic Biblical Perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we can all agree Jesus was not a natural human
:eek: shazam your post has changed again this is exactly what i have been saying as well as taken ---- i have stood by this only i used mere human
I never said man did it without supernatural help.
you never stated they did it with supernatural help either .you only pointed out they was humans

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Not always true.

if that were true, which Scripture says it isn't, he would not have been able to die because God cannot, by definition, die.

WHAT exactly Died?[/QUOTE]
this is what it says
1 Peter 3:18

“For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:”

He was put to death
θανατωθεὶς (thanatōtheis)
Verb - Aorist Participle Middle or Passive - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 2289: To put to death, subdue; pass: To be in danger of death, be dead to, be rid of, be parted from. From thanatos to kill.

in [the] body
σαρκὶ (sarki)
Noun - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's Greek 4561: Flesh, body, human nature, materiality; kindred.
made alive
ζωοποιηθεὶς (zōopoiētheis)
Verb - Aorist Participle Passive - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 2227: To make that which was dead to live, cause to live, quicken. From the same as zoon and poieo; tovitalize.

in [the] spirit,
πνεύματι (pneumati)
Noun - Dative Neuter Singular
Strong's Greek 4151: Wind, breath, spirit.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
once again this is something we have a hard time grasping %100 he died but yet he lived .there was something going on in the tomb the very moment .they placed him in the tomb and rolled to stone in front of it and sealed it mark 16:3 And they said among themselves, “Who will roll away the stone from the door of the tomb for us?” but yet they got there to stone was rolled away . cut through the hogwash he as Emmanuel God with us.. the Messiah the counselor mighty God prince of peace .. no other human man can hold these titles

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I do pick and choose scripture that verifies scripture.

God does not CHANGE.
God existed Before Humans.
God IS NOT a Human.

You repeating men what men said over and over, does not CHANGE God Into a Human man.

It is about a Choice.

You choose to believe men whom you say BELIEVED God IS A Human.

I choose to believe My God IS Spirit, Does NOT Change, and APPEARED in the LIKENESS of Human men.

So what?

I think you may be A HUMAN....and you Claim your God IS A HUMAN...
However nothing you have said indicates God is LIKE YOU or YOU are Like God.

Glory to God,
Taken
Uh huh – and you keep claiming that God doesn’t change – yet you think His Word DOES.
It doesn’t.

His Sacred Word states explicitly that Jesus Christ is BOTH God and Human (Anthropos) in 1 Tim. 2:5, 1 Tim. 3:16, Heb. 2:17 and others.
Remember - cherry-picking only begets confusion.

If you want to continue to wallow in your heresy – be my guest. I and others have done all we can to admonish and reprove you and your friend @Ezra. We’ve done our job. From this point forward – this heresy is ALL on YOU . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is a typical calvinist reply ..i have answered your question was Jesus just a mere human being NO NO NO he is the likeness of a man read philippians. galatians 4
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. the manside / likeness can NOT redeem us this is the son of God john 4 God is a spirit Christ in the likeness of a man as peter would say thou art the Christ.. not john the baptist not elijah who are great men of God ...and that is my final answer with scripture if that bears false witness against you .. so be it you place emphasis on flesh .i place mine on spirit
This is heresy. - and an asinine understanding of Scripture.

Both you and your fellow anti-Scripturist, @Taken have been shown the undeniable truth of God:
That Jesus Christ, the 2nd Person of the Trinity is both FULLY God and FULLY Human (1 Tim. 2:5, 1 Tim. 3:16, Heb. 2:17).

He is not “like” a human and doesn’t simply “resemble” a human – He IS human (Antrhopos). – and He IS God.

BOTH of you have twisted the Scriptures to your own destruction (2 Pet. 3:16) and continue to wallow in heresy.
Good luck with that . . .

Reactions: reformed1689

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:eek: shazam your post has changed again this is exactly what i have been saying as well as taken ---- i have stood by this only i used mere human you never stated they did it with supernatural help either .you only pointed out they was humans
I have not changed position on anything I have said. I have ALWAYS SAID Jesus was TRULY God and TRULY man. It is both/and not either/or.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is heresy. - and an asinine understanding of Scripture.
you should know being the king of heresy. - and an asinine
He is not “like” a human and doesn’t simply “resemble” a human – He IS human (Antrhopos). – and He IS God.
Philippians 2
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
o hail to you king heresy asinine :eek::D i bet you have a hat that resemble a man back side lol

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you should know being the king of heresy. - and an asinine o hail to you king heresy asinine :eek::D i bet you have a hat that resemble a man back side lol
Being an asinine”??

Do you even know what this word means??
It’s an adjectivenot a noun – and it has nothing to do with a person’s “backside” . . .

That being said - I noticed that you didn't address the points I made, as usual.
What a surprise . . .

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being an asinine”??

Do you even know what this word means??
It’s an adjectivenot a noun – and it has nothing to do with a person’s “backside” . . .

That being said - I noticed that you didn't address the points I made, as usual.
What a surprise . . .
yes i am fully aware of your insulting words. which is what you do best ,,i addressed you with scripture .or does your priest not allow you to read?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes i am fully aware of your insulting words. which is what you do best ,,i addressed you with scripture .or does your priest not allow you to read?
Really?
Chapter and Verse, please . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you go back to post 2228 and actually 2222 also . btw nice report
Uh huh – and what do you do with 1 Tim. 2:5, where Jesus is called “HUMAN” (Anthropos)??
Paul doesn’t say “like a human” – He explicitly describes Him as a HUMAN. He is BOTH Human AND God (1 Tim. 3:16).

You and your buddy @Taken simply throw this verse out because it doesn’t fit your perverse heresy.
You need to read ALL of Scripture in context . . .

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh huh – and what do you do with 1 Tim. 2:5, where Jesus is called “HUMAN” (Anthropos)??
Paul doesn’t say “like a human” – He explicitly describes Him as a HUMAN. He is BOTH Human AND God (1 Tim. 3:16).

You and your buddy @Taken simply throw this verse out because it doesn’t fit your perverse heresy.
You need to read ALL of Scripture in context . . .
see actually trying to show you in scripture is like pouring water on a duck back rolls right off you take one scripture and bank on that your just like D taylor your back tracking you place special emphasis on man/flesh .nobody denied he was not God.. in the human form likeness of man . he was the high priest . since you changed your theory which was all MAN based .. you just remember all your insults all your little slurs and then someone makes a remark you dont like and report . the old saying what is good for the goose is good for the gander . so keep placing your faith in the human side of Christ .which he had to go through all the way to the cross. i place mine on the spirit side of Christ .that is the biggest beef i have wit catholic teaching .they mention God /jesus holy spirit. but every thing is a work based salvation be a good person go to mass .do the religious ceremony and still walk away lost/deceived

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see actually trying to show you in scripture is like pouring water on a duck back rolls right off you take one scripture and bank on that your just like D taylor your back tracking you place special emphasis on man/flesh .nobody denied he was not God.. in the human form likeness of man . he was the high priest . since you changed your theory which was all MAN based .. you just remember all your insults all your little slurs and then someone makes a remark you dont like and report . the old saying what is good for the goose is good for the gander . so keep placing your faith in the human side of Christ .which he had to go through all the way to the cross. i place mine on the spirit side of Christ .that is the biggest beef i have wit catholic teaching .they mention God /jesus holy spirit. but every thing is a work based salvation be a good person go to mass .do the religious ceremony and still walk away lost/deceived
I place MY faith in Christ – period.
Not in His spiritual or human side because His 2 natures are INDIVISIBLE.

Unfortunately – YOU and your little buddy, @Taken try to dissect Christ into parts – and therein lies your ignoranceAND your heresy.

At the very least, @Taken has pretty much stated that Jesus was not human at all.
YOU, on the other hand have been ALL over the board on this subject. Your conversation with @David Taylor is confused and contradictory nonsense. First you state that He IS human – then you retract your statement when @David Taylor backed you into a corner.

Make up your mind – or simply admit that you don’t know what you’re talking about . . .

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I place MY faith in Christ – period.
Not in His spiritual or human side because His 2 natures are INDIVISIBLE.

Unfortunately – YOU and your little buddy, @Taken try to dissect Christ into parts – and therein lies your ignoranceAND your heresy.

At the very least, @Taken has pretty much stated that Jesus was not human at all.
YOU, on the other hand have been ALL over the board on this subject. Your conversation with @David Taylor is confused and contradictory nonsense. First you state that He IS human – then you retract your statement when @David Taylor backed you into a corner.

Make up your mind – or simply admit that you don’t know what you’re talking about . . .
lol i see you been watching fantasy island ...i have retracted nothing my position has not changed .i have used scriptures not a scripture .from you all i see is insults . when you and taylor finish your meeting of the minds ..i may return to your man made theology . you remind of the summer weather we have.. we need rain black cloud roll in thunder ..but produces no rain... you make a lot of noise,, but produce no fruit