The Doctrine of Purgatory in Catholic Biblical Perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I did not agree with you. You take it further to say Jesus was not actually human.
stick with your reformed truths..you can deny all you want i showed exactly what i said and you said i gave my explanation you place a straw man argument stamp on in it . which is calvinist for saying it will simply burn wood hay stubble . this is not my 1st rodeo . i know what words mean .youand bol agree so have your own church.. up or down? who knows

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
stick with your reformed truths..you can deny all you want i showed exactly what i said and you said i gave my explanation you place a straw man argument stamp on in it . which is calvinist for saying it will simply burn wood hay stubble . this is not my 1st rodeo . i know what words mean .youand bol agree so have your own church.. up or down? who knows
Answer this, yes or no, and we will see if I ever agreed with you. Was Jesus both truly God and TRULY man? (And that does not mean simple appearance).

If the answer is no, you have born false witness against me.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the answer is no, you have born false witness against me.
that is a typical calvinist reply ..i have answered your question was Jesus just a mere human being NO NO NO he is the likeness of a man read philippians. galatians 4
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. the manside / likeness can NOT redeem us this is the son of God john 4 God is a spirit Christ in the likeness of a man as peter would say thou art the Christ.. not john the baptist not elijah who are great men of God ...and that is my final answer with scripture if that bears false witness against you .. so be it you place emphasis on flesh .i place mine on spirit

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is a typical calvinist reply ..i have answered your question was Jesus just a mere human being NO NO NO he is the likeness of a man read philippians. galatians 4
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. the manside / likeness can NOT redeem us this is the son of God john 4 God is a spirit Christ in the likeness of a man as peter would say thou art the Christ.. not john the baptist not elijah who are great men of God ...and that is my final answer with scripture if that bears false witness against you .. so be it you place emphasis on flesh .i place mine on spirit
I did not ask if Jesus was a mere human did I? No. I asked if he was BOTH truly God and truly man. Why do you keep saying mere human when I have never argued that? That's dishonest.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have quoted from John, Timothy, and others.

Yes, you have quoted scripture.
I don't recall any of your quotes
saying Jesus IS out of the earth.

I have quoted Scripture also.
Scripture I have quoted has Expressly revealed, God created things OUT of the Earth and those things ARE Earthy.

Scripture Reveals God IS without beginning.
IOW, God EXISTED BEFORE the Earth.

God created Several things OUT of the Earth.
God created things God called a man.
And Created men call Created men..Humans, Because they ARE NOT other things created out of the Earth...such as Animals and Plants.

You can BELIEVE and TEACH GOD "IS" A created man. I don't.

You can BELIEVE and TEACH GOD "IS" A created man, that created men call "A" HUMAN. I don't.

You can BELIEVE ALL Scripture IS TRUE.
I do.

You can BELIEVE ALL Scripture IS FACT.
I don't.

John 10:
[20] And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad;

I Believe ^ that IS True...
It was Absolutely True men said that.

I do NOT believe John 10:20 IS a FACT.

I do NOT believe Jesus had a devil or that Jesus was mad.

I Believe ALL scripture IS True...
However I DO NOT Believe ALL scripture IS FACT.

Yes, Scripture DOES say...
Jesus was a HUMAN...
Jesus had a devil...
Jesus is mad...

No, I do not Believe those ARE FACTS.
God IS NOT a HUMAN.

Doesn't matter to me, what you believe or why.

You only need to believe what is Gods Truth and Fact.

God IS Spirit. God Does NOT Change.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Uh huh - but when you read those verses in CONTEXT with Heb. 2:16-17 and 1 Tim. 2:5, you see that He is HUMAN (Anthropos) as well as God.

Context is NOT your friend.
You're a cherry-picker . . .
I would put it this way, Emmanuel ! that sums it up, God with us ! that's it in a nut shell and that's why he came and why such can only come as such, or how would we come to know and understand.
Jesus is what he does for us and Emmanuel is who he is.
God with us is about Humans due to the Stain of Original Sin, nothing to do with dogs ect, they do not need Salvation Emmanuel never came for dogs cats ect at all. nothing worse than seeing a Cross above where a Cats buried. or some clown saying that Frits the dog is in Heaven.

No one comes to the Father but through his only begotten Son, So the concept of God is in valid to all who do not come through Christ Jesus, as any other way does not know God.
It's all to do with the Holy Spirit, one that has the Holy Spirit can come to know what Emmanuel is and the Father. all 3 are united as one in the same but have different identity's.

I hear people calling Jesus all the names rattling them off but I stop them and point out, only one that one has to understand is above all that describes him and then what he does comes next. if they do not understand what Emmanuel means, you see they just rattle on and on with names and I say hang on ! Emmanuel is above all them names by far.
Jesus Step father knew that his Name was going to be Emmanuel, Bible points this out.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he was only a resemblance, he could not have suffered as we suffered, he could not have been tempted as we have been tempted, in short, he could not have redeemed us.

Irrelevant points. Because --->

God Suffereed.
God was Tempted.
God Redeems.

Please address the following revelant points.

Where is the text that JESUS IS A Human that came forth out of Dust of Earth ?

Where is the text that HUMANS come forth out from God in Heaven?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you keep saying mere human when I have never argued that? That's dishonest.
that's a new defense from bearing false witness to dishonest . the miracles i posted Christ done you and your sidekick said man had done. i was showing you what Christ done that a mere human could not.. you and bol want to cling to the human side minus the deity of Christ

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's a new defense from bearing false witness to dishonest . the miracles i posted Christ done you and your sidekick said man had done. i was showing you what Christ done that a mere human could not.. you and bol want to cling to the human side minus the deity of Christ
And more strawman arguments. I never said man did it without supernatural help. This is no different for Christ. Nor is it correct to say I cling to human side minus deity. Not once have I even HINTED at that.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Irrelevant points. Because --->

God Suffereed.
God was Tempted.
God Redeems.

Please address the following revelant points.

Where is the text that JESUS IS A Human that came forth out of Dust of Earth ?

Where is the text that HUMANS come forth out from God in Heaven?
If Jesus were only God and not human, how did he die?