The Doctrine of Purgatory in Catholic Biblical Perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't need one. Were YOU formed out of the dust of the earth? No, you were not. Only Adam was.

You should read and study before you make claims that are not true.

Ecc 3:
[20] All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Well, in a sense, God does create every individual. But again, you are comparing apples and oranges

In a sense, God does create every individual?
Sounds as if you are not SURE.
You are trying to MAKE God and A Human, the same thing. They aren't.

here and you are not allowing for God to work a miracle.

LOL.....Gods Miracle IS the changing of a MAN.....NOT God Becoming A HUMAN!

Christ died. His human body died, just like our human bodies die. His spirit did not die, just as ours do not die.

Yet again, you give half facts.

The BODY SENT from Heaven TO Earth was a BODY Jesus took upon Himself, TO GIVE unto Death.

Christ was NOT SENT TO Earth WHEN Jesus was SENT TO Earth.
Christ the POWER of God...and the WISDOM of God, was REVEALED, bit by bit IN Jesus...

And it IS HUMAN men, who received THROUGH Christ JESUS...
The Word of God, Power from God and Wisdom of God.

And NOT ALL MEN receive the Power or Wisdom of God.

And NOT ALL MEN receive a NEW BORN AGAIN SPIRIT....which means their NATURAL spirit WILL DIE.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever SEEN a dead body in the state of decomposition? I have.
Relevance?

Have you ever SEEN an autopsy of a body that was already in a state of decomposition?
I have.
Relevance?

span 24-72 hours after death — the internal organs decompose.
And here is the key. You left out a word. That word being the word "start" the body STARTS to decompose after that time span. And what do you notice about the time-span? Up to 72 hours. Guess what happened WITHIN that time-span? THE RESURRECTION.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ecc 3:
[20] All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
And what does that mean? Do you mean to literally say that when your mom and dad conceived you somehow they took dust into their body and suddenly you came to be? Of course not. So you need to think about what that verse actually means.

You are trying to MAKE God and A Human, the same thing. They aren't.
I have never said that, this is a lie.

The BODY SENT from Heaven TO Earth was a BODY Jesus took upon Himself, TO GIVE unto Death.
So Jesus was just inside some sort of vehicle then? It wasn't really him experiencing pain, it wasn't Him suffering, etc?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Relevance?

Relevance?

Revelance is the human body is comprised of many elements, organs, tissues that Do immediately begin decomposition at the moment of death.

And here is the key. You left out a word. That word being the word "start" the body STARTS to decompose after that time span. And what do you notice about the time-span? Up to 72 hours. Guess what happened WITHIN that time-span? THE RESURRECTION.

After 72 hours Jesus' BODY was Risen without having suffered or experienced decomposition. (Corruption).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what does that mean? Do you mean to literally say that when your mom and dad conceived you somehow they took dust into their body and suddenly you came to be? Of course not.

Yipes David, sometimes it is so easy to confuse you with BOL...

A male human seed Fertilizes a female human seed...

All natural Male humans and Female humans are Conceived IN SIN and COMMIT SIN and are FORMED BY God in the Womb, and BORN in SIN.

They are OUT of their own created HABITAT, that God called Earth.

Their HABITAT (Earth) is made up of numerous ELEMENTS...the SAME ELEMENTS that every Living BODY contains, and REQUIRE to BE ALIVE!

So you need to think about what that verse actually means.

You need to maybe study a basic science course teaching you the ELEMENTS IN the Earth (ground, dust) and ELEMENTS contained IN a HUMAN BODY, required for HUMAN Life to exist!

I have never said that, this is a lie.

Good grief David, you have been proclaiming for umpteen posts, that God IS A Human and God...and proclaimed...Jesus was not A LIKENESS of Human men, (as Scripture says), but was IN FACT, a HUMAN man.

So Jesus was just inside some sort of vehicle then?

Jesus was a Vehicle? eh no idea what you mean.

Jesus IS Spirit, that took upon HIMSELF, the Likeness as a Faithful Human VESSEL.

Don't suppose you considered, Jesus already HAD A FORM, "BEFORE" He took UPON "HIMSELF" the FORM in the LIKENESS, as a HUMAN Man...eh?

It wasn't really him experiencing pain, it wasn't Him suffering, etc?

Gee David...It has been expressly CLEARLY given you in Scripture and in this forum...

Jesus TOOK UPON HIMSELF, the LIKENESS as a faithful Human man...

Of course He Suffered...

He was ridiculed for HIS Beliefs, shortly AFTER He began His ministry.
(Just as MEN ridicule MEN for their Beliefs.)

He was Unjustly TREATED, Threatened, Accused, (of all kinds of things), Harassed,
Belittled, Spit on, Homeless, Mocked, Denied, Betrayed, Rejected, Men trying to Stone Him to death, Men rallying to get other men to join in Against Jesus....
(Just as MEN Unjustly TREAT MEN for their Beliefs and Influence.)

AND Jesus was: Unjustly TRIED, SIX Times, three times BY Jews, three times by Romans...and the Conduct of the Jews Trying Jesus, did so, without the Trials being According to the Jews own Laws.
(The same as many HUMAN MEN have been UNJUSTLY Tried, convicted and put to death.)

If you believe, Jesus ONLY suffered on the Crross...you missed a great deal of Scriptural knowledge.

Humans Suffer Physical Body Pain and YES, Jesus having taken a BODILY FORM of a HUMAN man UPON HIMSELF, suffered the Physical Bodily Pain inflicted on His Flesh Body.

And the LESSON IS...
As Jesus gave to His Disciples.....

IF YOU ARE WILLING to (TO BELIEVE, as Jesus Believed) then YOU must be willing to drink from the SAME CUP of INDIGNATION, that Jesus DRANK FROM.

And the Lesson IS...
As Jesus gave to His Disciples...

If you are willing to (Believe, as Jesus Believed) then You must ALSO be willing to Drink from the same cup of indignation, that Jesus demonstrated and DRANK.
(And this IS to willingly Give Your Life (Flesh and Blood unto Death)..despite all the UNjust things you will experience.)

^ That is Jesus SUFFERING, as Human men SUffER!

AND
If you are willing to (Believe, as Jesus Believed) then You must ALSO be willing to Eat from the same Bread OF eternal LIFE, that Jesus demonstrated and ATE.
(And this IS to willingly Accept the Lords Changes within the man and His Gift of eternal Life WITH Him.)

^ That is Men WITH Jesus, no longer subject to Human Suffering...waiting for the fruition of A glorious body, that suffering pain, trauma, sadness, etc. does not exist.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is scientifically false.

Disagree, so does Science.

BLOOD IS a natural mans LIFE. <--> (Scripture).

When the Heart stops beating, the BLOOD stops flowing to the Body's Organs, Tissue, etc. and those things immediately begin breaking down.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yipes David, sometimes it is so easy to confuse you with BOL...
A male human seed Fertilizes a female human seed...
All natural Male humans and Female humans are Conceived IN SIN and COMMIT SIN and are FORMED BY God in the Womb, and BORN in SIN.

They are OUT of their own created HABITAT, that God called Earth.

Their HABITAT (Earth) is made up of numerous ELEMENTS...the SAME ELEMENTS that every Living BODY contains, and REQUIRE to BE ALIVE!
And, once again - yours is an idiotic misunderstanding of God because you LIMIT His power.

WHO told you that the ONLY way to create a human being was by a man's seed and a woman's egg?? You don't think God had the power to usurp this usual method??
Jesus taught us that with God - NOTHING is impossible (Matt. 19:26). The puny little god you've created for yourself is impotent.
MY God - the God of Scripture can do ANYTHING He wills.

Jesus, who is God was born a natural human male - and he had NO sin.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, once again - yours is an idiotic misunderstanding of God because you LIMIT His power.

WHO told you that the ONLY way to create a human being was by a man's seed and a woman's egg??

That ^ IS Gods design and WILL!

You don't think God had the power to usurp this usual method??

God is Supreme Power, YET unlike you, God is Always in Agreement with Himself.

taught us that with God - NOTHING is impossible (Matt. 19:26).

Per your usual, totally out of Context.
Matt 19:26
Is about Salvation, Only provided BY God, NOT men, and Evenly Rich or Poor men CAN receive Salvation VIA God.

Matt 19:
[26] But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this (salvation to any man) is impossible; but (salvation to any man rich or not ) with God all things are possible.

The puny little god you've created for yourself is impotent.

LOL

MY God - the God of Scripture can do ANYTHING He wills.

That's Funny.
My God dictates His own WILL, and does NOT Go Against His OWN WORD...unlike your feeble teaching that you dictate your gods will.

Jesus, who is God was born a natural human male - and he had NO sin.

LOL...your god was born a natural human male...

My God is without Beginning or Ending.
I am quite confident you are the one in jeopardy!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disagree, so does Science.

BLOOD IS a natural mans LIFE. <--> (Scripture).

When the Heart stops beating, the BLOOD stops flowing to the Body's Organs, Tissue, etc. and those things immediately begin breaking down.
Individual cells yes, but that also happens in living beings as well. You are moving the goalposts.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Decay doesn't start instantaneously. Do your research.

Yes, actually it was.

If a statement is ignorant I'm going to call it out.
you feel free to call out what you want and in return i will turn you off quicker than a light switch.. i don't work in the funeral home i am not a expert when decomposition starts much i am sure will depend on conditions . lazareth had been dead 3 days in fact they said he will stink...christ was alive in that tomb things was going on.. ..it really dosnt matter what we think .his physical body did not start decay .. on to the other subject of Ignorant you jumped from the same message to decay ... your starting to act more and more like BOL with your insults... i don't have time for childish words . so i seen some of your writings ..so do you think you are a authority on the Bible and the rest of us ignorant ? but the moment we die our body does start the decay .

Reactions: Helen and Taken

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Relevance?

Relevance?

curious are you a licensed embalmer ?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Individual cells yes, but that also happens in living beings as well. You are moving the goalposts.

Sure, cells die in a living human person.

And in a HEALTHY living person new cells replace the dead cells.

And in an UNHEALTHY human person cells can become diseased and MEN can attempt to KILL masses of cells (with radiation), and or Introduce "Elements from the Earth," to combat the Diseased Body, and then have the person on a regiment of chemical compounds, Of "Elements from the Earth", and LAB JUNK, that appears to solve the Body's Diseased Issue, while introducing new issues to other parts of the Body, AND?

While That ^ is applicable To Human Men...nothing in Scripture reveals Jesus came to Earth with, or to reveal a Diseased Body.

The Holy Word of God came forth out from God in Heaven To Earth To Be Revealed in the Bodily LIKENESS of A FAITHFUL Jewish Man, Seeking LOST Jewish MEN, To FEED "THEM" Gods Holy Word, and To Give His PURE BLOOD as a Sin sacrifice For Forgiveness of Sins, And Give His PURE FLESH For The LIFE of the world...By His Offering of His BODY unto Death....and ANY man accepting His Offering.

If you want to proclaim and teach God "IS" a Human man...BY "your" Factual Default ... without Gods Facts and TRUTH, that is your Choice...as it is My choice to Reject your claims and teaching and Instead Trust God TRUTH.

And the same goes toward BOL, who does the same as you, AND BOL who further ridiculously proclaims, Mary, a human, was naturally born Without Sin.

Maybe someone will come along and say,
Father forgive them for they know not what they do...maybe not.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually he never said "that" is the only way HE would ever do it now did He?

"that" ... a human male seed fertilizing a female seed ...

Obviously you have Never studied Gods Word on His Introduction to the Knowledge of SEEDS.

God is the GIVER of SEEDS.
You can surmise SEEDS are His TO Give, or not.

God was explicit that SEEDS replicate it's OWN "KIND" of thing.

Offspring of a male and female Bird, is ONLY Bird KINDS of things.
Offspring of male and female Cattle, is ONLY Cattle KINDS of things.

Offspring of a male and female Human, is ONLY Human KINDS of things.

Perhaps a Science class would teach you, about the REPRODUCTIVE systems of Humans and Animals.

Gods SEED DOES NOT Reproduce OFFSPRING.

God IS WITHOUT Beginning, and CAN NOT REPRODUCE a THING WITHOUT a Beginning.

Scripture IS explicit... All of Gods creations HAVE a Beginning.

Scripture IS explicit... Man KIND of things, HAVE NOT "SEEN" All of Gods creations.

You ATTEMPTING to Declare and Teach God "IS" A Human KIND of thing...when Scripture explicitedly teaches Human KIND of things are Created and Made BY God...
IS NOT a TEMPTATION, that I, for one second Consider or FALL for.

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken;

My God, the God of the Bible, is both.

CC: @BreadOfLife

Stop being ridiculous.

God IS NOT a Corrupt Human man.

God was manifested ON EARTH, IN the FLESH "LIKENESS" as a FAITHFUL Jew of Israel.

You not ONLY proclaim GOD "IS" a HUMAN, You Default God LIKE "ALL HUMANS".

Guess you are UNAWARE, many HUMANS REJECT God...and you by default attempt to PUT God in the SAME LIKENESS of Literally BEING a HUMAN that Stands against Himself!

Utter nonsense.

B

brakelite

Taken;

Stop being ridiculous.

God IS NOT a Corrupt Human man.

God was manifested ON EARTH, IN the FLESH "LIKENESS" as a FAITHFUL Jew of Israel.

You not ONLY proclaim GOD "IS" a HUMAN, You Default God LIKE "ALL HUMANS".

Guess you are UNAWARE, many HUMANS REJECT God...and you by default attempt to PUT God in the SAME LIKENESS of Literally BEING a HUMAN that Stands against Himself!

Utter nonsense.
I think we err when we make statements that God is human... No, God is God. But the Son of God, that is another story. The scripture says, even Jesus Himself said, the God have His only begotten Son... Nowhere can we read anywhere that God reneged, changed His mind, or took Him back to become as He was previous. The gift of Christ to the human race was an eternal gift.