The Door Is Small But Always Open

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The New Jerusalem will descend from Heaven and then become a heavenly body TO REPLACE THE SUN and give light to the earth. It is no ordinary city, but a cubic city 1500 cubic miles in dimensions. That is enormous any way you look at it.

That is not quite what is described in Revelation 21 and Revelation 22.
Highlights:
  • [Rev 21:1 NKJV] 1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.
  • [Rev 21:2 NKJV] 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
  • [Rev 21:22-27 NKJV] 22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. 27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.
  • [Rev 22:1-2 NKJV] 1 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
  • [Rev 22:14-15 NKJV] 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
As I said … a paradox.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This statement sounds very contradictory...God's children will go to heaven because He is creating a new heaven and new earth. Heaven is here on the new earth.

you are supposed to be an administrator here and you don't know where heaven is:
Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

also if you have received the Life that Christ has then:

oh 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
Joh 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

if one is born of the Holy Spirit which is the Presence of God, one has the indwelling and in the Presence of God dose God speak which is the Son of God, the Word of God is the begotten Son of God, which is of the Father who is in Heaven as Jesus was speaking.

therefore to those born again, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are supposed to be an administrator here and you don't know where heaven is:
Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

also if you have received the Life that Christ has then:

oh 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
Joh 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

if one is born of the Holy Spirit which is the Presence of God, one has the indwelling and in the Presence of God dose God speak which is the Son of God, the Word of God is the begotten Son of God, which is of the Father who is in Heaven as Jesus was speaking.

therefore to those born again, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
I am not an administrator and if you are going to get into a sarcastic style of discussion then you can have it with someone else...I don't play that game.
There are 3 heavens, 3 earth ages....

Reactions: amadeus

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, the door is opened for those who knock on it, as promised in the Bible, but the fact, that the door is small, and the path narrow, should not discourage you and me, to try to enter through it.

Truth is, the small and narrow path DOES discourage. Jesus said my yoke is easy and my burden is light. He did not say the yoke and burden to follow him is non-existent.

I'm a business guy and have recently done a series of financial analyses, comparing various <$ of Acquisition + $ of Maintenance> Options. God has a higher initial cost of acquisition than the devil plan for our lives but the outcome is reversed.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The door is narrow , cause there is only ONE WAY IN . JESUS CHRIST . Now let all that breathes air , PRAISE the GLORIOUS LORD .
The title of this thread should read the Door is narrow and its open , BUT ONE DAY ITS GONNA CLOSE and wont be opened .
So on that note , let me just say , FOLKS BETTER CLING TO CHRIST and get on the ark now .
cause once the master of the house has risen up and closed that door , many will then beat , but it wont be opened .
JESUS CHRIST , the only name whereby we may be saved . But any other name and any other religion or mindset
AINT GONNA SAVE and it wont float nor survive the wrath that shall come when once the DOOR , JESUS , of the ark , HIS BODY
IS closed . And no man knows the hour or the day . So my advice is , WATCH , for ye know not the hour your Lord does come ,
lest coming SUDDENLY he find you sleeping .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The New Jerusalem will descend from Heaven and then become a heavenly body TO REPLACE THE SUN and give light to the earth. It is no ordinary city, but a cubic city 1500 cubic miles in dimensions. That is enormous any way you look at it.

View attachment 15785
And who is the temple of this new city . FOR i looked and i saw no temple therein . GOD and THE LAMB . NOW LET THE KING BE PRAISED .

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not sure what you mean by "3 earth ages". Unless you are referring to the period of the Law, the Church Age, and the eternal state. It is better to speak about the dispensations (which are seven).

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the door may be small, and the path narrow for those who follow Christ, but it is worthwhile.

Of course, the door is opened for those who knock on it, as promised in the Bible, but the fact, that the door is small, and the path narrow, should not discourage you and me, to try to enter through it.

The reason the door is small, is not in order to make it difficult for any Christian to pass through it, but because many people in this world, have chosen to go, through the wide big gate of life, and the motorway of life, which leads to destruction. But only a few are those, who have chosen to follow Christ, and therefore, the door does not need to be big, and the road leading to heaven, does not need to be wide.

You see, there is more soil on this earth, than gold and silver. There is more soil on this earth, than there are diamonds. There are golden vessels and silver vessels, and there are vessels made just from clay. The golden and the silver vessels are much more valuable to their owner, than the vessels made from clay. We as Christians, are those vessels, made from gold and silver, useful for the Master, our Lord Jesus Christ. And the vessels made from clay, are always more than the vessels made from silver and gold. And the vessels made from silver and gold, are much more expensive to buy, than the vessels of clay. The golden and silver vessels, are much more appreciated by their owners, than the vessels of clay, because they have more value. So it is with us as Christians. We are God’s own possession, precious in his own eyes, bought for his purpose, sanctified by his Holy Spirit, bringing glory to him.

The fact that the road is narrow, and the door small, that leads to heaven, should not discourage us, and make us think, that we are not so important in this world, in the eyes of the world. People of this world, who do not know God, walk on the motorway of life, and pass through big gates in their life, and they look at us Christians, walking on a small, narrow ways of life, and entering through small, ‘insignificant’ in their eyes doors, and perhaps mocking us for that, but they do not realise, that the motorway they walk on, and the big gates they pass through, are leading them straightway to hell and destruction. We may struggle sometimes, walking on a narrow small road, and trying to squeeze ourselves, through the narrow door or life, but at least, we get to heaven.

MORE: God Wants to Encourage Your Heart
God wants to encourage your heart

The only knocking on a door I know of in the NT is where Jesus stands knocking at the door, waiting for us to open it, in Revelation 3:20.

But it’s true, the highway to Hell is a six lane autobahn with no speed limit, and most of humanity is driving with the pedal to the metal on it, and the only exit ramp off that highway, that leads to life is narrow, and few will find it.

There’s a toll booth where the highway to Hell reaches a dead-end, and the toll is their soul.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only knocking on a door I know of in the NT is where Jesus stands knocking at the door, waiting for us to open it, in Revelation 3:20.

But it’s true, the highway to Hell is a six lane autobahn with no speed limit, and most of humanity is driving with the pedal to the metal on it, and the only exit ramp off that highway, that leads to life is narrow, and few will find it.

There’s a toll booth where the highway to Hell reaches a dead-end, and the toll is their soul.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The video doesn’t mention the biggest false doctrine of demons propagated today - hyper grace, no repentance ever needed - and OSAS, that you can make it to heaven while living like hell.
I suppose it dont mention those things . We must all be on serious guard , specially against any doctrine which would allow
sin to be done or accepted as good . Its dangerous and highly deadly .
And be on gaurd for this we are one all inclusive dangerous and deadly doctrines coming under the social gospel . Its deadly .
Let us just stick to biblical doctrine . So may all learn JESUS WELL and learn all things the apostles left in the letters as well as all sound bibilcal doctrine . These are highly deceptive and super deadly days we are living in as the falling away has grown to massive heights and shall
get only worse .

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The door is narrow , cause there is only ONE WAY IN . JESUS CHRIST . Now let all that breathes air , PRAISE the GLORIOUS LORD .
The title of this thread should read the Door is narrow and its open , BUT ONE DAY ITS GONNA CLOSE and wont be opened .
So on that note , let me just say , FOLKS BETTER CLING TO CHRIST and get on the ark now .
cause once the master of the house has risen up and closed that door , many will then beat , but it wont be opened .
JESUS CHRIST , the only name whereby we may be saved . But any other name and any other religion or mindset
AINT GONNA SAVE and it wont float nor survive the wrath that shall come when once the DOOR , JESUS , of the ark , HIS BODY
IS closed . And no man knows the hour or the day . So my advice is , WATCH , for ye know not the hour your Lord does come ,
lest coming SUDDENLY he find you sleeping .
Exactly! This was what I was going to add when I came back on.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The door is narrow , cause there is only ONE WAY IN . JESUS CHRIST .

Here is where the Adversary shows his slipperiness.

Before, there was no way and we were easy pickings. Instead of admitting defeat at the resurrection, lamenting the way God provided, he whines about equality, hoping to confuse us that 'all ways lead to God.'

Slippery, indeed.

Reactions: amigo de christo

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not an administrator and if you are going to get into a sarcastic style of discussion then you can have it with someone else...I don't play that game.

if you are a staffer then you admin, in representation of the admin. so what game is it you're trying to play?

and what is this three heavens and three earth ages?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus standing at the door in Matt 7:7?
No it is a different door!

Jesus knocks on the door to our heart! We knock in order to come into Him... that is to receive what God has for us. He cannot come into us to work unless we allow it. But on the other hand we want to enter into His Spirit and become one with God.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you are a staffer then you admin, in representation of the admin. so what game is it you're trying to play?

and what is this three heavens and three earth ages?
Your MO in the forums is consistently the same in that you respond with sarcasm rather than simply searching out what the poster's intent is in their content.
If you have a question please ask...in a respectful manner...and let them respond likewise.
It gets old when members come into a thread and immediately start attacking.
I am asking you to please be kind to everyone and help create an atmosphere of joy, peace and love.
Thank you in advance.
Have a blessed day.

Reactions: amadeus

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it is a different door!

You do have difficulty staying on the topic of the OP. It seems almost every post automatically connects in your mind tangentially to ‘different’ topics, doors or what not.

What about acknowledging what was said? What about acknowledging THE VALIDITY OF THE DOOR that was already presented as a talking point?

Seems you often side step into a different conversation. Have you noticed that about yourself?