The Door Is Small But Always Open

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do have difficulty staying on the topic of the OP. It seems almost every post automatically connects in your mind tangentially to ‘different’ topics, doors or what not.

What about acknowledging what was said? What about acknowledging THE VALIDITY OF THE DOOR that was already presented as a talking point?

Seems you often side step into a different conversation. Have you noticed that about yourself?
I answered your question as I saw it.

I do have a vision, I believe from God, although certainly still seen as through darkened glass. It would be strange for me not to relate to that vision in any conversation where I post. All of it is connected as it is all one vision! Sometimes I may go astray. Would you rather I follow your lead than the lead of the Lord? Should I always do that which seems logical to you? Or would you rather I did not engage at all when you have posted on a thread?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you rather I follow your lead than the lead of the Lord? Should I always do that which seems logical to you? Or would you rather I did not engage at all when you have posted on a thread?

False Alternative x 3. Jesus met people where they were. I suggest you do the same. If you feel 'called' to go astray, there is no reason that you cannot supply a segue, e.g., I know you are actually talking about Subject X but I feel led by the Spirit to segue into Subject Y.

This way, we will all know you are deliberately going off the rails. :cool:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False Alternative x 3. Jesus met people where they were. I suggest you do the same. If you feel 'called' to go astray, there is no reason that you cannot supply a segue, e.g., I know you are actually talking about Subject X but I feel led by the Spirit to segue into Subject Y.

This way, we will all know you are deliberately going off the rails. :cool:
I am deliberately striving to always follow God, whether you believe or accept that or not.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A: Off the wall comment
W: ?
A:Q
Q:A
A: Deflection or another off the wall comment, such as:

The road to where is paved with good intentions?

What are you presuming? The logical ways of men?

Our starting point was and is here... when we walk alone:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

So then do we not need a Way, a Director, a Leader, a Teacher!

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your MO in the forums is consistently the same in that you respond with sarcasm rather than simply searching out what the poster's intent is in their content.
If you have a question please ask...in a respectful manner...and let them respond likewise.
It gets old when members come into a thread and immediately start attacking.
I am asking you to please be kind to everyone and help create an atmosphere of joy, peace and love.
Thank you in advance.
Have a blessed day.

preaching warm and fuzzy isn't the work of Christ is it? its what you want isn't it? if you require a spoon full of sugar to make the meds go down, or you won't accept it, you may have a problem there. just saying.

and what is this three heavens and three earth ages?

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
preaching warm and fuzzy isn't the work of Christ is it? its what you want isn't it? if you require a spoon full of sugar to make the meds go down, or you won't accept it, you may have a problem there. just saying.

and what is this three heavens and three earth ages?
I will start a thread so as not to derail this one.
As for what I want in preaching you are unable to provide.
Jesus preached the good news, Jesus gave a message of hope, Jesus preached love and compassion, Jesus preached mercy and Grace, and forgiveness...Jesus led people to the truth and set them free from the spirit of condemnation.
Don't you dare make our Lord a heavy burden for others to carry. Teaching right and wrong and the rewards and consequences of them can be done in a Spirit of Love remembering where you once were.
The Holy Spirit teaches me and my pastor also teaches me. So I am just fine with the teacher/preacher I have.

Reactions: amadeus

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will start a thread so as not to derail this one.
As for what I want in preaching you are unable to provide.
Jesus preached the good news, Jesus gave a message of hope, Jesus preached love and compassion, Jesus preached mercy and Grace, and forgiveness...Jesus led people to the truth and set them free from the spirit of condemnation.
Don't you dare make our Lord a heavy burden for others to carry. Teaching right and wrong and the rewards and consequences of them can be done in a Spirit of Love remembering where you once were.
The Holy Spirit teaches me and my pastor also teaches me. So I am just fine with the teacher/preacher I have.

who said i wanted to preach and or teach you anything at all? and you did confirm what i said by your statement "As for what I want in preaching you are unable to provide" it has to be according to what you want in your own judgement.

and you do insist on the warm and fuzzy view only, according to this posting. thing is are you choosing disingenuous feel good preaching, (Joel Olsten is an example) over conviction to repentance in the Truth. you can't grow without correction:

Pro 15:10 Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.

it doesn't matter to me and it doesn't matter period whether you like me or not. is it the truth? therefore "he that hateth reproof shall die". and what because there's no sugar on the spoon? its not my nor anyone else's job or reasonability to make you feel good about calling yourself a Christian. actually that's supposed to be between you and the Lord. but in the case of not being concerned about your feelings, its more important that you live.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who said i wanted to preach and or teach you anything at all? and you did confirm what i said by your statement "As for what I want in preaching you are unable to provide" it has to be according to what you want in your own judgement.

and you do insist on the warm and fuzzy view only according to this posting. thing is are you choosing disingenuous feel good preaching, (Joel Olsten is an example) over conviction to repentance in the Truth. you can't grow without correction:

Pro 15:10 Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.

it doesn't matter to me and it doesn't matter period whether you like me or not. is it the truth? therefore "he that hateth reproof shall die". and what because there's no sugar on the spoon? its not my nor anyone else's job or reasonability to make you feel good about calling yourself a Christian. actually that's supposed to be between you and the Lord. but in the case of not being concerned about your feelings, its more important that you live.
Wrong again....why don't you just give it up.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong again....why don't you just give it up.

just responding to your response to being called out on what was obvious you didn't know, that you should know.

so where's this new thread at?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just responding to your response to being called out on what was obvious you didn't know, that you should know.

so where's this new thread at?
I have been extremely busy...
First of all...you know nothing about me and your assumptions and presumptions about me does not make your opinion valid.
I was raised in a church where the pastor preached hell, fire and brimstone....no sugar coating.
The use of the word "want" was to stay in context of your accusation I responded to.
I really would enjoy a decent debate without the flaming and goading.
Do you even try to offer a post that is presented in a respectful manner?
Perhaps if you give it a try you might be pleased at the results.
Have a blessed day.

Reactions: amadeus