The Door Is Small But Always Open

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dga

Dec 22, 2020
Ashford
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, the door may be small, and the path narrow for those who follow Christ, but it is worthwhile.

Of course, the door is opened for those who knock on it, as promised in the Bible, but the fact, that the door is small, and the path narrow, should not discourage you and me, to try to enter through it.

The reason the door is small, is not in order to make it difficult for any Christian to pass through it, but because many people in this world, have chosen to go, through the wide big gate of life, and the motorway of life, which leads to destruction. But only a few are those, who have chosen to follow Christ, and therefore, the door does not need to be big, and the road leading to heaven, does not need to be wide.

You see, there is more soil on this earth, than gold and silver. There is more soil on this earth, than there are diamonds. There are golden vessels and silver vessels, and there are vessels made just from clay. The golden and the silver vessels are much more valuable to their owner, than the vessels made from clay. We as Christians, are those vessels, made from gold and silver, useful for the Master, our Lord Jesus Christ. And the vessels made from clay, are always more than the vessels made from silver and gold. And the vessels made from silver and gold, are much more expensive to buy, than the vessels of clay. The golden and silver vessels, are much more appreciated by their owners, than the vessels of clay, because they have more value. So it is with us as Christians. We are God’s own possession, precious in his own eyes, bought for his purpose, sanctified by his Holy Spirit, bringing glory to him.

The fact that the road is narrow, and the door small, that leads to heaven, should not discourage us, and make us think, that we are not so important in this world, in the eyes of the world. People of this world, who do not know God, walk on the motorway of life, and pass through big gates in their life, and they look at us Christians, walking on a small, narrow ways of life, and entering through small, ‘insignificant’ in their eyes doors, and perhaps mocking us for that, but they do not realise, that the motorway they walk on, and the big gates they pass through, are leading them straightway to hell and destruction. We may struggle sometimes, walking on a narrow small road, and trying to squeeze ourselves, through the narrow door or life, but at least, we get to heaven.

MORE: God Wants to Encourage Your Heart
God wants to encourage your heart

Reactions: MatthewG

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I hope that fat Albert can get through your reference door.

Stated with apologies to Bill.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Does not scripture state that all can come and obtain living water at no cost?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, the door may be small, and the path narrow for those who follow Christ, but it is worthwhile.
Since Jesus said "I AM THE DOOR" He is not "small" but He is the "Narrow Gate". There is no access to God the Father apart from the Son. And relatively speaking only a few will enter through this Gate. It is only through the blood of Christ that sins are remitted, and it is only the imputed righteousness of Christ (on the saint) which God the Father recognizes.

Reactions: atpollard

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does not scripture state that all can come and obtain living water at no cost?
Yes. The price was paid by Christ therefore eternal life is a free gift. But God's conditions for salvation are (1) repentance toward God and (2) faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Reactions: FHII

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of course, the door is opened for those who knock on it, as promised in the Bible, but the fact, that the door is small, and the path narrow, should not discourage you and me, to try to enter through it.

The reason the door is small, is not in order to make it difficult for any Christian to pass through it, but because many people in this world, have chosen to go, through the wide big gate of life, and the motorway of life, which leads to destruction. But only a few are those, who have chosen to follow Christ, and therefore, the door does not need to be big, and the road leading to heaven, does not need to be wide.

You see, there is more soil on this earth, than gold and silver. There is more soil on this earth, than there are diamonds. There are golden vessels and silver vessels, and there are vessels made just from clay. The golden and the silver vessels are much more valuable to their owner, than the vessels made from clay. We as Christians, are those vessels, made from gold and silver, useful for the Master, our Lord Jesus Christ. And the vessels made from clay, are always more than the vessels made from silver and gold. And the vessels made from silver and gold, are much more expensive to buy, than the vessels of clay. The golden and silver vessels, are much more appreciated by their owners, than the vessels of clay, because they have more value. So it is with us as Christians. We are God’s own possession, precious in his own eyes, bought for his purpose, sanctified by his Holy Spirit, bringing glory to him.

The fact that the road is narrow, and the door small, that leads to heaven, should not discourage us, and make us think, that we are not so important in this world, in the eyes of the world. People of this world, who do not know God, walk on the motorway of life, and pass through big gates in their life, and they look at us Christians, walking on a small, narrow ways of life, and entering through small, ‘insignificant’ in their eyes doors, and perhaps mocking us for that, but they do not realise, that the motorway they walk on, and the big gates they pass through, are leading them straightway to hell and destruction. We may struggle sometimes, walking on a narrow small road, and trying to squeeze ourselves, through the narrow door or life, but at least, we get to heaven.

MORE: God Wants to Encourage Your Heart
God wants to encourage your heart

Did you know DGA that the vast majority of God's people will not go to heaven? Only a few from among us will. Do you know why they have been redeemed from the earth sir?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know DGA that the vast majority of God's people will not go to heaven? Only a few from among us will. Do you know why they have been redeemed from the earth sir?
This statement sounds very contradictory...God's children will go to heaven because He is creating a new heaven and new earth. Heaven is here on the new earth.

Reactions: Nancy and atpollard

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it."

I have heard of it placed like this before that the strait way is narrow and binding almost like being pent up against the intertwining roads that were more harder to access in the towns in that day. People would walk out in the markets of the open wide roads, but there was other ways into the city that were more difficult and like that of being pent up while going in them. That is what Jesus is referring to.

I believe that you made a great analogy and it makes me think that all the gold and silver little nuggets of life can be like that of finding God's wisdom and truth in the bible because there is so much to dig (in to the soil) and to chip away at the stones and make finds of those golden moments of truth from God.

Thank you for your post @dga : Thank God for the Lord Jesus Christ friend.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds contradictory also.
More like a paradox.

• The New Jerusalem will descend to new earth.
  • We will live in the New Jerusalem.
  • God will dwell in the center of the New Jerusalem and be Our LIGHT.
  • Where God dwells is HEAVEN (by definition).

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, the door is opened for those who knock on it, as promised in the Bible
Technically, I think you have reversed that word-picture from the imagery of Scripture:

Revelation 3:20 [NASB] 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

John 10:27-30 [NASB] 27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 "My Father, who has given [them] to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch [them] out of the Father's hand. 30 "I and the Father are one."

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The New Jerusalem will descend to new earth.
No. The New Jerusalem will descend from Heaven and then become a heavenly body TO REPLACE THE SUN and give light to the earth. It is no ordinary city, but a cubic city 1500 cubic miles in dimensions. That is enormous any way you look at it.

upload_2021-6-26_17-14-56.jpeg

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How do you perceive what the 3 heavens are?
The third heaven is God's Heaven. At the present time the New Jerusalem is located there. When the New Heavens and the New Earth are established, the New Jerusalem will replace the sun. The glory of God will light the earth!

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (Rev 21:23,24)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The third heaven is God's Heaven. At the present time the New Jerusalem is located there. When the New Heavens and the New Earth are established, the New Jerusalem will replace the sun. The glory of God will light the earth!

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (Rev 21:23,24)
Where is the first and second heaven?

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This statement sounds very contradictory...God's children will go to heaven because He is creating a new heaven and new earth. Heaven is here on the new earth.

Hi Heart
Yes many do use the term heaven on earth, but that is not a Biblical term. The new heaven and new earth is really not literally new, rather a change in the system. Heaven in this instance is the residence of God, and the angels, and some humans who have been redeemed from the earth (Rev 14:3). It is "new" now. How so? The battle of Rev 20:7-9 has occurred and satan has been cast to the earth, resulting in the heavens being cleansed. We see the changes over the last century that confirms satan is residing on the earth.

The next step is the new earth, or in other words the cleansing of it, in the near future Jesus will return to remove the wicked and to preserve alive those who belong to God Ps 37:9-11; 2 Thes 1:6-9. This is what we pray for when we say the Lord's prayer. The earth will not be fully "new" or cleansed however until after the millennial reign of Christ and satan is released from his prison. When he and those who choose to follow him are cast into the lake of fire, then the New Earth will be fully implimented. Rev 20:10

Hope that helps you to understand why I said that maam.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it."

I have heard of it placed like this before that the strait way is narrow and binding almost like being pent up against the intertwining roads that were more harder to access in the towns in that day. People would walk out in the markets of the open wide roads, but there was other ways into the city that were more difficult and like that of being pent up while going in them. That is what Jesus is referring to.

I believe that you made a great analogy and it makes me think that all the gold and silver little nuggets of life can be like that of finding God's wisdom and truth in the bible because there is so much to dig (in to the soil) and to chip away at the stones and make finds of those golden moments of truth from God.

Thank you for your post @dga : Thank God for the Lord Jesus Christ friend.

You are very welcome Matt, truly appreciate your kind comment sir.