The Elect?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, still preaching works. God knew (according to you) you would reach out and love and choose him, so he rewarded you with eternal life, but you make a category error (a really really serious one) and call it a gift.

#moreheresy
burned.gif

..... Just for fun..... trying to lighten the mood

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It didn't post correctly. The complete thought was we both like Dr. Walter Martin but Martin and I both reject Calvinism.
I like Leonard Ravenhill and in his book “Why Revival Tarries”, he quotes Charles Finney, a known heretic, quite a bit. We aren’t going to be in complete agreement with anyone on everything.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It didn't post correctly.

I know it's really hard for you to accept your own errors. It's not that it "didn't post correctly" as if "the debble" interfered with the internet just to mess up your reply.

No, you typed it. And sent it -- it was your creation, and, you blew it. :D

The complete thought was we both like Dr. Walter Martin but Martin and I both reject Calvinism.

Not quite like that, yet a huge difference is he loved Calvinists and believed they are brothers. You? Not so much.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also have already stated a good definition for elect is laid out in Romans 8. Those are for new would love him he predestined all the way to glorification and no one can take them from him.

Nothing about God predestining anyone to love him.
There’s only one thing wrong with this...it’s not supported in the scriptures. Foreknew in the Greek is a verb, meaning it’s something God does. Foreknowledge is not omniscience. He knows all by creation but His elect via foreknowledge, which is a verb, meaning He did something in foreknowing them.

Proginosko - New Testament Greek Lexicon - New American Standard

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it's really hard for you to accept your own errors. It's not that it "didn't post correctly" as if "the debble" interfered with the internet just to mess up your reply.

No, you typed it. And sent it -- it was your creation, and, you blew it. :D

Not quite like that, yet a huge difference is he loved Calvinists and believed they are brothers. You? Not so much.

I have a bum hand so I use voice to text software.

Sometimes it screws up and I don't catch it.

Any more unknowing jerk remarks?

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The flycatcher!
Are you willing to see your errors? Certainly you love the LORD, but you really need to deal with Scriptures, in context, and allow Scripture to adjust your thinking and errors.

God did all the saving, he did not do it based on something we did or that he saw in us. He gets all the Glory in the Gospel.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a bum hand so I use voice to text software.

Sometimes it screws up and I don't catch it.

Any more unknowing jerk remarks?
Probably a few more here and there.

You? Hey, aren't you the one who has gone on full assault against us here, making threads, making false assertions, calling us a cult? Accusing falsely?

What's wrong, you can't handle correction and some ribbing?

Reactions: SovereignGrace

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s only one thing wrong with this...it’s not supported in the scriptures. Foreknew in the Greek is a verb, meaning it’s something God does. Foreknowledge is not omniscience. He knows all by creation but His elect via foreknowledge, which is a verb, meaning He did something in foreknowing them.

Proginosko - New Testament Greek Lexicon - New American Standard

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number:
4267 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
proginwvskw from (4253) and (1097)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Proginosko 1:715,119
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
prog-in-oce'-ko Verb
Definition
  1. to have knowledge before hand
  2. to foreknow
    1. of those whom God elected to salvation
  3. to predestinate
Now compare that to your link

The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number:
4267 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
proginosko from (4253) and (1097)
prog-in-oce'-ko Verb
Definition
  2. to foreknow
  3. to predestinate

Identical. Both say is predestination was based on his foreknowledge. Not foreknowledge based on predestination.

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on @CoreIssue, address this, you just might grow by leaps and bounds:

"God knew (according to you) you would reach out and love and choose him, so he rewarded you with eternal life, but you make a category error (a really really serious one) and call it a gift.

What a kind, nice, soft little lost in your sins and dead outside of Christ individual you were to muster up the ability to do this, even when Christ said you were unable."

Show us all how you were able to do something Christ said men are unable to do, and show us all that God saved you because you did something, from Scripture, and how that is not a reward.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Oh, still preaching works. God knew (according to you) you would reach out and love and choose him, so he rewarded you with eternal life, but you make a category error (a really really serious one) and call it a gift.

What a kind, nice, soft little lost in your sins and dead outside of Christ individual you were to muster up the ability to do this, even when Christ said you were unable.

#moreheresy
and what is your def of Eternal, preacher?
Use exegesis if you like

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on @CoreIssue, address this, you just might grow by leaps and bounds:

"God knew (according to you) you would reach out and love and choose him, so he rewarded you with eternal life, but you make a category error (a really really serious one) and call it a gift.

What a kind, nice, soft little lost in your sins and dead outside of Christ individual you were to muster up the ability to do this, even when Christ said you were unable."

Show us all how you were able to do something Christ said men are unable to do, and show us all that God saved you because you did something, from Scripture, and how that is not a reward.

We can talk when you get your terms correct. Salvation is not a reward. It is not earned.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number:
4267 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
proginwvskw from (4253) and (1097)
prog-in-oce'-ko Verb
Definition
  2. to foreknow
  3. to predestinate
Now compare that to your link

The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number:
4267 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
proginosko from (4253) and (1097)
prog-in-oce'-ko Verb
Definition
  2. to foreknow
  3. to predestinate

Identical. Both say is predestination was based on his foreknowledge. Not foreknowledge based on predestination.
Predestination is how God saves ppl via His foreknowledge. He use it(foreknowledge) to save ppl. It’s a verb, meaning He is doing something in their salvation.