The End is Better than it's Beginning

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
So listen again to Jesus - “Seek first the kingdom of God”

The gods of the universe? They’re nothing but idols.
That's why I said god's and not God.

I'll put it as simple as this There is no way to prove with a belief that one belief is better than another, therefore all beliefs must be equal (No matter how strange you think someone else's beliefs are) Because they are beliefs and not facts. If I believed that the world was flat, how would someone who believed it was a sphere prove to me I was wrong? Can you prove to me with your spherical earth belief that you are correct, of course! But I would only end up believing the same thing you do.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That's why I said god's and not God.

Why make the distinction?

I'll put it as simple as this There is no way to prove with a belief that one belief is better than another, therefore all beliefs must be equal (No matter how strange you think someone else's beliefs are) Because they are beliefs and not facts. If I believed that the world was flat, how would someone who believed it was a sphere prove to me I was wrong? Can you prove to me with your spherical earth belief that you are correct, of course! But I would only end up believing the same thing you do.

Jesus is my guide.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Do you believe in the existence of “a real God“? Is that why you made the distinction?
I can only hypothesize about a God(Creator) of this universe. Actually I'll say postulate Definition of POSTULATE

Why I am against believing is a belief does not encourage our child like curiosity for continual learning and growth. Holding onto a belief gives us the illusion of an answer before we've learnt enough sufficiently to know(Comprehend)
Our beliefs suspend our natural curiosity for learning and growth, this is why the world(Human's) struggle to change in a better direction. A belief convinces us we already know something, are right about what we believe and don't need to change what we believe.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I can only hypothesize about a God(Creator) of this universe. Actually I'll say postulate Definition of POSTULATE

So, apparently, you made the distinction on the basis of a non-specified postulation. What are the details of your postulation?

Why I am against believing is a belief does not encourage our child like curiosity for continual learning and growth. Holding onto a belief gives us the illusion of an answer before we've learnt enough sufficiently to know(Comprehend)
Our beliefs suspend our natural curiosity for learning and growth, this is why the world(People) struggle to change in a better direction. A belief convinces us we already know something, are right about what we believe and don't need to change what we believe.

I assume you do believe in certain things. You have no room for curiosity about any of the things - whatever those things might be - which you believe in?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You all win, dead bang.

I find myself returning again and again to your use of this idiom. It suggests to me that you see yourself as a resigned victim. It grieves my spirit.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it we will be able to eat and drink in heaven when eating and drinking requires digestion, which requires the place we will exist to be subject to entropy. (A fallen world)
There are animals that don't have a digestive system that eat and drink. So there are examples in nature that don't require an entropy. through nature we can see the possibilities of eating and drinking without a digestive system.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Everytime I return here I feel like smashing my phone. Wasn't more than a few minutes looking at the replies before that feeling hit me. Must be some morbid curiousity that drives me back here, like I can't accept the reality other human beings can become so cruel to each other. I must get out of here now! Because I thought about screaming really loud :) Maybe I'll be back. By the way, you all think you got the formula to how to love. Nah, you believe you do, because you believe in something that you believe is love. I hope I die soon.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
There are animals that don't have a digestive system that eat and drink. So there are examples in nature that don't require an entropy. through nature we can see the possibilities of eating and drinking without a digestive system.
Yeah? Unless you're a rock then you have nothing to go on.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I've grown tired of thinking for other people who never think.

Do other people ask you to do their thinking for them?, or have you wearied yourself doing what no one has asked you to do?

In either case, what does it have to do with them winning?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Everytime I return here I feel like smashing my phone. Wasn't more than a few minutes looking at the replies before that feeling hit me. Must be some morbid curiousity that drives me back here, like I can't accept the reality other human beings can become so cruel to each other. I must get out of here now! Because I thought about screaming really loud :) Maybe I'll be back.

You aren’t alone. Online discussion forums are notorious for being toxic environments.

By the way, you all think you got the formula to how to love. Nah, you believe you do, because you believe in something that you believe is love. I hope I die soon.

I once asked you what your hope is. You declined to say at that time. Now you have.

Does your family know what it is? Have you spoken with them about it? Have you spoken with a health care professional about it?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The end is better than the beginning , BUT ONLY IF ONE HAS JESUS CHRIST . Othewise its far worse than anything
man could ever imagine . BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST .

Reactions: Marvelloustime