The End of the Law is Jesus, Jesus does not End of the Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law of Christ is not ending, much less ended: doing the letter of the law, without faith within, is what Christ ended on the cross.

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

The Scripture says that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness, not that Christ is ending nor ended His law.

The end of the law for righteousness is the final fulfillment of the law, to do the law righteously.

Neither the law nor the righteousness of the law is ended and done away, neither is the Spirit of the law.

There is no ending of the spiritual law of Christ, not in spirit nor in letter, much less ever ended:

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.

Once we begin to obey the law and the commandment to love God, neither the law nor the commandment end and are done away.

The law of Christ is no more ended, when we obey it, than is the first great commandment of God, when we keep it.

A law does not end and is done away, when someone obeys, but rather it is fulfilled in it's purpose: the law remains to condemn the transgressors, and no more condemns the doers.

Only the judgment of the law is ended for doing the law in Christ Jesus, not the law itself.

The end of the law of God is righteousness of God, The end result of doing the law of God is doing the righteousness of God: And so, Jesus Christ is the end of the law for righteousness, because only through the faith of Jesus within the heart, can we possibly fulfill the righteousness of the law.

Jesus came to be the example of how to do the law righteously, by the Spirit from the heart, He did not come to end His law and the righteousness thereof.

The righteousness of the law cannot be fulfilled by the letter only, but only by the Spirit ministering faith and obedience from within.

Once we understand that the goal of liberal christians is to end the law of God altogether, so as not to be judged for transgressing it, then we understand why they preach against doing the law of God at all.

Who will say the commandment of God to love Him is ended in Christ, and so is not more to be obeyed?

If it will end the law of God from judging them, liberal christians will gladly say so.

We are commanded to be doers of the law and the word, and not hearers only.

There are Christians who do the law of Christ by His faith, and there are christians who hear but do not.

And then there are liberal christians who hear, obey not, and condemn any that do, by seeking to end the law, commandment, and word of God.

They don't want to just kill doing the letter of the law only, but want to kill the letter and the law itself: just like the devil in the beginning:

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law of Christ is not ending, much less ended: doing the letter of the law, without faith within, is what Christ ended on the cross.

The Scripture says that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness, not that Christ is ending nor ended His law.

The end of the law for righteousness is the final fulfillment of the law, to do the law righteously.

Neither the law nor the righteousness of the law is ended and done away, neither is the Spirit of the law.

There is no ending of the spiritual law of Christ, not in spirit nor in letter, much less ever ended:

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

The law of Christ is different from the Law of Moses. Jesus is our righteousness and the good deeds we do are because we are righteous because of Him.

I am saved because of Him
I have eternal life forever because of Him
I am righteous because of Him
I am already seated in heavenly places because of Him
I am already perfected because of Him.
I am growing in holiness because of Him.
I do the will of God because of Him.
I am justified because of Him.
I am glorified because of Him.
I am a child of God because of Him.

You are too focused on the law and so blinded to the awesomeness of our God. When one seeks Him, they do not have to focus much on their works, the works follow when we follow Him!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law of Christ is different from the Law of Moses. Jesus is our righteousness and the good deeds we do are because we are righteous because of Him.

You are too focused on the law and so blinded to the awesomeness of our God. When one seeks Him, they do not have to focus much on their works, the works follow when we follow Him!
When you show me where I was speaking of the law of Moses, then you would have a point.

Until then, the awesome delusion of your god and christ is to think to end, kill, and do away with the law of Jesus Christ.

When one seeks Him, they do not have to focus much on their works, the works follow when we follow Him!

The transgressors surely don't focus on their works, which is why they like to think the law of God is dead.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When you have a counterpoint to something actually said, then try again.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The transgressors surely don't focus on their works, which is why they like to think the law of God is dead.

Well if by the Law of Christ you mean this:

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Then I agree.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if by the Law of Christ you mean this:

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Then I agree.
Good. The law of Christ is not ended nor dead nor done away, but still judges them that are transgressing and sinning against God, as being neither born of God nor His friends.

Christians are not sinning transgressors against the law of Christ, that is written in the Scriptures of the apostles, including their letters.

They minister the Spirit of the law with the letter, and not the spirit only: The law of Jesus Christ is not half-ended, no half-dead, having only the spirit by not the letter.

Such as here:

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And here:

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

And here:

My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

And here:

But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

The law of Jesus Christ is ended neither in spirit nor in letter.

There is no Spirit of the law within, for them not doing the letter of the law without, And there is no justification in doing the letter without the Spirit.

Christ ministers the Spirit with the letter of the law, not without the letter, nor does He minster the letter without the Spirit.

It is not the doers of the law that are not justified by Christ, but rather them doing the letter only without the Spirit of Christ purifying within.

And it is certainly not the transgressors of the law that are justified at all, neither doing the letter of the law nor having the Spirit within.

Conclusion:

Christ did not come to deliver them doing the law, from doing the law, but came for both them doing the law in letter only, and transgressing the law in letter, by purifying the heart within first, that them doing the letter may be justified by the Spirit, and them transgressing the law, may receive the Spirit and do the letter also.

It is better in this life to be doing the law in letter only, rather than not at all: doing the law is not sinful.

But the better way of Christ is the new and living way of doing the law with the Spirit, and not in letter only.

The unrighteous transgressors against the law of Christ, are in no way better than them doing the law, but them doing so in letter only, are no more justified by Christ than the transgressors: neither of them have His Spirit.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

The natural man that says there is no God, also says therefore, there is no God to sin against, but only the deeds of men.

So it is with them that say there is no law of God, they likewise say there is no law of God to sin against, but only the deeds of the body.

The former don't worship God at all, and the latter want to worship God, but not obey Him as Lord.

The result for both is the same: they are doing no good and they are no good to God, the one is just a fool, and the other has learned to be a fool.

There are two kinds of folly in the world: those who are naturally foolish, and those who have learned foolishness: the latter is most foolish of all.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just another step in fulfilling Gen 3:15. From the start God is organized and has rules and regulations for His people, that like you said Rob, will never end, the laws may change, but there will always be law.

Reactions: robert derrick

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They minister the Spirit of the law with the letter, and not the spirit only: The law of Jesus Christ is not half-ended, no half-dead, having only the spirit by not the letter.

I never said it was! It is just not the law of Moses including the tables written in stone! I do not commit murder because the Law God gave to Israel says trhou shalt not commit murder. I do not murder because it is a command for the church apart from what God Israel.

Good. The law of Christ is not ended nor dead nor done away, but still judges them that are transgressing and sinning against God, as being neither born of God nor His friends.

For unbelievers yes.

For believers, all our sins were judged and punished at a little place called Calvary!

There is no Spirit of the law within, for them not doing the letter of the law without, And there is no justification in doing the letter without the Spirit.

YOu need to learn that the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life. You obey for all the wrong reasons and are walking contrary to Grace and Truth. You have been deceived by Pharisaic legalism

IO have a reverential fear of the Living god, but the love that has been shed abroad in my hearet is far more powerful! I desire and crave to obey the One who sent His son to die for me because of love- not anger or fear! I am His son forever. Not perfect, but forgiven.

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By Jesus' death, the "law" (Mosaic Law) ended. (Colossians 2:14) It was replaced by a new commandment found at Matthew 22:36-40.

Reactions: Jim B

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For unbelievers yes.

For believers, all our sins were judged and punished at a little place called Calvary!
As I thought.

Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

A drunkard is a drunkard is a drunkard, and the worst drunkards are hypocrite christian drunkards. And the worst of the worst are them that teach it with celebratory grace.

YOu need to learn that the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life. You obey for all the wrong reasons and are walking contrary to Grace and Truth. You have been deceived by Pharisaic legalism

Doing the law with a spiritually purified heart is with the Spirit, and not in letter only.

Jesus comes to saves sinners transgressing His law, to begin doing His law, and to purify the hearts of them doing His law, to begin doing His law with a pure heart.

Jesus is the end of doing the law in letter only, to begin doing the law with a purified heart.

Those still transgressing His law are neither saved not purified in heart.

IO have a reverential fear of the Living god, but the love that has been shed abroad in my hearet is far more powerful! I desire and crave to obey the One who sent His son to die for me because of love- not anger or fear! I am His son forever.

For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Give me a doer over a craven craver any day.

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to crave thy will, O God.

What saints do, OSAS boasts of craving to do.

Yuck.
Not perfect, but forgiven.

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

OSAS is perfectly oily.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I thought.

Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

A drunkard is a drunkard is a drunkard, and the worst drunkards are hypocrite christian drunkards. And the worst of the worst are them that teach it with celebratory grace.

See you are so blinded by your legalism, you have not seen now in three threads that I do not, as the bible teaches, that anyone use grace as a license to sin.

But I wish to ask you 2 questions that I ask kindly you answer.

1. How many of your sins did Jesus pay the penalty for?

2. If Jesus did not pay for all your sins can you hope to be saved when you fail one time? As it is written , he who violatges one point of the law violates them all!

Reactions: Jim B

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See you are so blinded by your legalism, you have not seen now in three threads that I do not, as the bible teaches, that anyone use grace as a license to sin.

But I wish to ask you 2 questions that I ask kindly you answer.

1. How many of your sins did Jesus pay the penalty for?

2. If Jesus did not pay for all your sins can you hope to be saved when you fail one time? As it is written , he who violatges one point of the law violates them all!
True, which is why anyone transgressing the law is of the devil, and not born of God, because the transgressor is guilty of offending all the law.

All past sins are forgiven, once we repent and believe Jesus to obey Him. If we sin in future, we can be forgiven, if we are drawn of God to confess the sinning from the heart.

Jesus paid the price for any sinning, and bought forgiveness for sins repented of. He did not die on the cross for the mockery of those sinning to be already forgiven, just because they believe a lie.

There is no correction for someone who believes any person is already forgiven, while committing sin with the devil, and is still a born son of God while in the act of fornicating, being drunken, thieving, profane railing, etc...

Scripture says not to even keep company with such, as well as not allow into the house them teaching it.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote:
"The believer does not have a law written in ink anymore."

This is a rejection of Scripture, where the law and commandments of Christ is written.

Unrighteous christian sinners, believing this lie against written letters of Scripture, have made themselves a law unto themselves, where so long as they believe something, then it must be the truth.

No matter what letters of the apostles say.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.

Neither the law nor the commandment of the Lord is ended.

The end results of both through Jesus Christ, is true righteousness and holiness from a pure heart.