The Eternal Security Heresy: A Comprehensive Refutation of OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely, but I still have to deal with the power and presence of sin. Don't you? I suppose there is no possibility that it is you who might be disregarding context.
Yeah I do. Ever day. If I do not think this I am decieved

but that’s not what we are talking about is it? We are talking about that fact are we eternally saved or are we basically on probation? As in our salvation is not secure

Reactions: ChristisGod

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redemption was Christ's journey, and He says that is finished.

So it is done. We look to Christ alone. Is there something specific that is leading you astray from this?
So His resurrection wasn't necessary to "finish" redemption?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I assume you never choose to sin now, since the Spirit won't let you? We have this thing called free will...
where does the bible state mans will is free ?

my bible states mans will is in bondage to sin, dead in sin, slave of sin etc..............

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since I am saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9), and not as a matter of performance (Romans 3:20, Romans 4:5, Galatians 2:16), all that is needed is that I continue in faith.

Hebrews 10:35-39 ESV
Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. For, “Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay; but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.” But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where does the bible state mans will is free ?

my bible states mans will is in bondage to sin, dead in sin, slave of sin etc..............
The entire Bible confirms we have free will. Otherwise, we could never be blamed for anything we do.

Hebrews 11:6 ESV
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

If we have no free will, there's no such thing as seeking God, only God forcing us to follow or else passing us by.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I do. Ever day. If I do not think this I am decieved

but that’s not what we are talking about is it? We are talking about that fact are we eternally saved or are we basically on probation? As in our salvation is not secure
I thought we were talking about perfection. Could you please make up your mind? You seem to want to control the conversation.

We are on probation. That is what Adam and Eve lost for us in the beginning. Christ bought it back at Calvary. Now we're talking about probation. Every wind of doctrine is blowing.

If disagreement was all that was going on here I'd be fine with it. But people are being told they are calling Paul and Jesus liars and that they do not have the Holy Spirit because they disagree. You should be honest about what's happening here.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I assume you never choose to sin now, since the Spirit won't let you? We have this thing called free will...

Thing is, my salvation is not dependent on my performance (Romans 3:20, Romans 4:5, Galatians 2:16).

So the only way my sinning is going to put me out of the kingdom is going to be if its deceitfulness hardens me to God so that I depart from God.

And that's not possible if I have the fear of the LORD in me (Jeremiah 32:38-40 (kjv), Psalms 19:9 (kjv))

What saves me is not my abstention from sinning; but my faith.

Since I am sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5), I am also sealed in faith (Galatians 5:22-23, 1 Corinthians 12:9) unto the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30).

Because I hear Jesus' word and believe on Him who sent Him, I shall not come into condemnation but have passed from death unto everlasting life (John 5:24 (kjv)).

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought we were talking about perfection. Could you please make up your mind? You seem to want to control the conversation.
actually we have two Conversations going on I guess that’s to many for you
We are on probation. That is what Adam and Eve lost for us in the beginning. Christ bought it back at Calvary. Now we're talking about probation. Every wind of doctrine is blowing.

If disagreement was all that was going on here I'd be fine with it. But people are being told they are calling Paul and Jesus liars and that they do not have the Holy Spirit because they disagree. You should be honest about what's happening here.
Paul said I am saved

you say I am not

is that not calling Paul a liar

if you want o be on probation go ahead

I know I can not save myself and will
Never meet gods requirement so I will trust in him

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that the whole idea of us being on probation in this life has its roots in mormonism.

Not necessarily saying it's wrong...

But, consider the source.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not sure how a disagreement is a malicious gang war

Paul said I have been saved not by works but by Gods
Mercy

he also said It is by grace I have been saved based on my faith. As a gift if God

So I asked I paul lied. And what I got back was a mocking response

sometimes we need to look in the mirror

Yes but Jesus says you are saved by works -- who are you going to go with .. Paul or Jesus > ?

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure how a disagreement is a malicious gang war

Paul said I have been saved not by works but by Gods
Mercy

he also said It is by grace I have been saved based on my faith. As a gift if God

So I asked I paul lied. And what I got back was a mocking response

sometimes we need to look in the mirror

Sorry @Eternally Grateful
My post was one of those "in general" kind. I was not thinking of what you and Barney were on about. And, yes, i agree, we ARE saved by His grace, through faith, to me, "works" are just what should follow naturally, from the changed heart...and looking in the mirror, chopping off the branches sticking out of our own eyes is a daily thing, so we can see clearly :)

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think some might have gotten vinegar. :D
giphy.gif