The faithful and the saints: Bringing Calvinism and Arminianism together.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why on earth do folks believe somehow muslims and buddists and other fake sorry dead religions
can be saved by their good works lovey lovey . THIS IS A LIE MARK . IF you and I cant save ourselves
by our good works , HOW CAN THEY . ITS A LIE MARK . A LIE .

Some give a drink to one who belongs to Jesus by following the law written in their heart and Jesus invites them in. So it’s best not to judge unbelievers. But I know your mind is made up on that so I only say it if it might help someone else to not swallow the indoctrination of unmercifulness.

Reactions: Lambano

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture . . .
He cant . even the unbelieving jews were invited to the wedding , But they just as many gentiles REFUSED .
GOD came , JESUS CAME not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance .
Look at me as an example . WHEN GOD called me , IT sure as heck was not cause i was good .
Mark i done things that would make most cringe . cringe . And i mean even some of the worst of men , CRINGE
YET GOD called me . JUST as HE called paul who persecuted the church .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get ready! There’s a lot of it. :)
Let's look at them.

:)

I'm always ready. That's what I'm here for.

That's why such a controversy between @David H. and I. I'm a stickler for Scripture to teach our doctrines, and he does not present Scripture that teaches his doctrine.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some give a drink to one who belongs to Jesus by following the law written in their heart and Jesus invites them in. So it’s best not to judge unbelievers. But I know your mind is made up on that so I only say it if it might help someone else to not swallow the indoctrination of unmercifulness.
Your mercy leads not to JESUS , but mine does . I wont allow a muslim or a buddist , or an atheist to feel saved by doing good
I say BELEIVE IN JESUS cause HE ALONE will save you . What does your mercy do , what does the popes mercy do
IT allows men to die in their sin of unbelief of JESUS . You speak of mercy , ONLY I SEE NO MERCY in this false love .
NONE . IT wont point them to faith in jesus . THE POPE IS OF SATAN and so are many others . WE MUST POINT folks to JESUS .
I stand on the gospel till my last breath , YET NOT I , but the grace of GOD that both saved and changed me and now works in me .
TODAYS mercy allows gays to remain in sin , it allows muslims to remain a muslim , it allows lies and death .
WHERE IS THE MERCY OF GOD in what this false love preaches when its end IS CERTAIN death .
WE must point to JESUS and we CAN USE the law as a means to POINT TO JESUS.
This church age allows folks to remain in sin , to remain in other religons . WHERE IS THE LOVE OF GOD in that
WHERE IS THE MERCY OF GOD in that .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see this doctrine as a way for people to think they are going to be elevated above others.

Much love!
You see it as what ..............
Your mind is wrong my friend . I am pointing to JESUS , not to me or to men .
YOu might want to explain what on earth you are speaking about my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people in the Bible are called righteous. Noah, Lot, and many more. In fact, Noah was the ONLY righteous man God saw on all the earth before the flood.
He was righteous IN HIS generation . BUT no man is truly without sin . ALL have sinned , at least once .
WHERE Is the mercy of GOD in your love , where is the love of GOD in your love .
Many are allowing unrepentant non believers to think they can saved by just doing good works , having this false love .
BUT I SAY , NO WAY . NO WAY . NO WAY . EVEN cornelious did much good . SO Much good
that It was brought up as a memorial before GOD HIMSELF . GOD was well pleased with the works of cornelious .
YET HE LACKED ONE THING . GO TO PETER AND HE WILL TELLYOU what YOU MUST DO .
BELIEVE IN JESUS . BELIEVE IN JESUS . GO ahead , tell me i am wrong . TELL ME
i am wrong . Say to me i am a liar , cause i tell all they have to BELIEVE in JESUS to be saved .
Wait , You cant , cause deep down maybe you know its true .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture . . .

16 Jesus told his disciples: “There was a rich man whose manager was accused of wasting his possessions. 2 So he called him in and asked him, ‘What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your management, because you cannot be manager any longer.’

3 “The manager said to himself, ‘What shall I do now? My master is taking away my job. I’m not strong enough to dig, and I’m ashamed to beg— 4 I know what I’ll do so that, when I lose my job here, people will welcome me into their houses.’

5 “So he called in each one of his master’s debtors. He asked the first, ‘How much do you owe my master?’

6 “‘Nine hundred gallons of olive oil,’ he replied.

“The manager told him, ‘Take your bill, sit down quickly, and make it four hundred and fifty.’

7 “Then he asked the second, ‘And how much do you owe?’

“‘A thousand bushels of wheat,’ he replied.

“He told him, ‘Take your bill and make it eight hundred.’

8 “The master commended the dishonest manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light. 9 I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may have to go read it again. I don’t remember that the one thrown out was thrown out for inviting the unworthy guests. I just remember he was cast out for not having on the correct clothing to be there. Like, a mixture of wool and linen rather than one or the other.

It depends on how you read it. This parable spans millennia, the early part speaking of Israel who were bidden to the feast and would not come, (Matthew 22:3, 22:7 speaking of the destruction of Jerusalem) to the extension of that invitation to the gentiles (The church). The king has sent his servants out to invite those who are not bidden (gentiles) and when they showed up clothed improperly.

The question is, was the fault in the one who accepted the invitation or the one who invited the person unworthily dressed? Why does the King refer to the one invited as "friend" (Matthew 22:12)?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see it as what ..............
Your mind is wrong my friend . I am pointing to JESUS , not to me or to men .
YOu might want to explain what on earth you are speaking about my friend .

The idea that not all Christians are saints represents, to me, a misconstruing of Scripture, which people might take hold of as they want to think of themselves as better or "higher" than others.

I have this idea that those who talk about the "Saints" as some "elevated class" of Christians, that they privately believe that they belong to that class, and it gives a strong appeal to the flesh. So they will misuse the Bible to make themselves feel better. Happens all the time I think.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't remember this either. Please post the Scripture or retract the . . . oh, nevermind!

Much love!

This that I wrote about white robes, the righteousness of saints, and how that ties in with both wedding supper NT accounts, will hopefully clear up some confusion:

The marriage supper in Revelation 19, and Matthew 22:

Pure white raiment (linen, robes, garments) are the righteousness of saints, and become part of their wedding attire, as shown by the wedding supper account in Revelation 19:

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Christians are therefore clothed with white robes of righteousness - yet the risen Jesus warns believers in the church at Sardis of their need to repent, because most of them had defiled their white robes/garments:

Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Names are blotted out of the book of life, if we defile our white robes and fail to overcome, Jesus warns.

Worse yet, Jesus warns the Laodicean church, that they’ve not just defiled their white robes of righteousness, they’ve lost them completely and are stark naked - though they think they are still clothed - (and being found naked while thinking they are still clothed, becomes significant at the wedding supper of Jesus).

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

So the Laodicean church sadly went beyond only defiling their white raiment/robes of righteousness as the church in Sardis did: they actually lost them completely, but yet weren’t alarmed or concerned in any way - because like the story of the emperor with new clothes - they had no idea that they were naked.

The man at the wedding supper in Matthew 22 had also lost his white robes/garments (which are the righteousness of saints) - and was speechless, shocked, and bewildered to discover he was naked - because like those in Revelation 3:17-18, he thought he was fully clothed.

And because he was not properly attired in white robes of righteousness, Jesus threw him out of the wedding supper of the lamb, and into outer darkness (hell):

Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: (which is the righteousness of saints at the wedding supper in Revelation 19, given earlier).

Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither NOT having a wedding garment? And he was SPEECHLESS.

Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

How is it that those in Revelation 3:17-18 were naked, but thought they were clothed?

They obviously did something to defile their garments, that they mistakenly thought was ok with God.

That something is the warnings by Paul that grace is not a license to sin, and that believers who continue to live in sins of the flesh, shall not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

In other words, they believed they could live a sinful lifestyle, and remain in Christ.

They were deceived into thinking grace WAS a license to sin, with no eternal consequences - despite Paul’s many warnings to the brethren to NOT be deceived.

So the naked wedding guest in Matthew 22 that was thrown into hell, was in the same tragic situation that the Laodicean church was in.

And Jesus’ warning to the Sardis church that they needed to repent because they’d defiled their white garments - and that unless they heeded His warning and become over-comers, He would blot their names from the book of life - falsifies hyper-grace doctrine.

The final nail in those doctrines of OSAS is the fact that first defiling - then losing completely - white robes of righteousness, results in names being blotted out of the book of life, and being thrown out of the wedding supper, and into outer darkness/hell.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea that not all Christians are saints represents, to me, a misconstruing of Scripture, which people might take hold of as they want to think of themselves as better or "higher" than others.

I have this idea that those who talk about the "Saints" as some "elevated class" or Christians, that they privately believe that they belong to that class, and it gives a strong appeal to the flesh. So they will misuse the Bible to make themselves feel better. Happens all the time I think.

Much love!
ALL christains are the saints . I agree my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have this idea that those who talk about the "Saints" as some "elevated class" or Christians, that they privately believe that they belong to that class, and it gives a strong appeal to the flesh. So they will misuse the Bible to make themselves feel better. Happens all the time I think.

Much love!
You must have thought i was saying what another was saying . NOPE . Never said this .
I agree that its the true christains who are the saints . There is no two classes . The saints consist
of the jews and gentiles WHO BELEIVE IN JESUS . That makes the lambs saints .
I have no idea about this other stuff .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 Jesus told his disciples: “There was a rich man whose manager was accused of wasting his possessions. 2 So he called him in and asked him, ‘What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your management, because you cannot be manager any longer.’

3 “The manager said to himself, ‘What shall I do now? My master is taking away my job. I’m not strong enough to dig, and I’m ashamed to beg— 4 I know what I’ll do so that, when I lose my job here, people will welcome me into their houses.’

5 “So he called in each one of his master’s debtors. He asked the first, ‘How much do you owe my master?’

6 “‘Nine hundred gallons of olive oil,’ he replied.

“The manager told him, ‘Take your bill, sit down quickly, and make it four hundred and fifty.’

7 “Then he asked the second, ‘And how much do you owe?’

“‘A thousand bushels of wheat,’ he replied.

“He told him, ‘Take your bill and make it eight hundred.’

8 “The master commended the dishonest manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light. 9 I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.
How does that relate to the feast, and the bride, and the guests? Towards showing that the "saints" are a subset of "Christians"?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must have thought i was saying what another was saying . NOPE . Never said this .
I agree that its the true christains who are the saints . There is no two classes . The saints consist
of the jews and gentiles WHO BELEIVE IN JESUS . That makes the lambs saints .
I have no idea about this other stuff .
Yes, I think there must have been a miscommunication somewhere. Because it's all and only Jesus! Either we are in Christ, or we are not. It's that plain.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It depends on how you read it. This parable spans millennia, the early part speaking of Israel who were bidden to the feast and would not come, (Matthew 22:3, 22:7 speaking of the destruction of Jerusalem) to the extension of that invitation to the gentiles (The church). The king has sent his servants out to invite those who are not bidden (gentiles) and when they showed up clothed improperly.

The question is, was the fault in the one who accepted the invitation or the one who invited the person unworthily dressed? Why does the King refer to the one invited as "friend" (Matthew 22:12)?

hmm…I can only say the one who taught mixing will receive the worse punishment but…everyone teaches it and those teach it to others, and so on. Literally everyone teaches it now. You are only the second person I’ve met who doesn’t…although you do find some who manage to escape it by refusing to judge unbelievers…