The Falling Away/Apostasy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have observed the persistent idea that Jesus became sinful, died spiritually, became a sinner. This has been going on for many years. These being the VERY last days before Jesus' return, I truly wonder if this is what the NT refers to as the "falling away". MANY, even here are obsessed with making Jesus sinful and spiritually dead. The 'falling away' being associated with THE END.

Daniel 12:10 (ESV)
[sup]10 [/sup] And none of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand.

The JDS crowd is going down!

This is a very important thread. If Jesus was sinful, He was only human and our faith is in vain.

I do not subscribe to Robert Schuller's version of the gospel, nor do I believe the organization there in Garden Grove is fully of God.

On the other hand, one must admit that whether the Crystal Cathedral is at root Christian or not is rather academic. The ediface and the organization is seen to be Christian by the rest of the world; certainly by the hedonistic folk of California, America and the world. In the world of marketing, politics and hollywood APPEARANCE IS REALITY. So I can say will all confidence that the fall of Crystal Cathedral may be used as a supporting argument to state that the great apostacy is upon us.

I BELIEVE that the true church of Jesus Christ is not real estate or satellite TV ministries. The true church is the multitude of believers who have cast their lives and fate into the hands of Jesus Christ, not Robert Schuller, Billy Graham, or Barak Obama. As such, the true church, is flourishing as never before. The fake church, the worldly church, the presumptious church is dying and dying quite rapidly.

In the gospels, Jesus demonstrated an ability and a desire to chase away those who had an agenda other than that of following His lead. In my opinion, Our Lord is still accomplishing that work today. The Great Apostacy, therefore, is NOT the destruction or the falling away of those dedicated and devoted to Christ - it is the deliberate act of the Lord of Lords to cut off the dead wood, so to speak.

It is really a tragedy because Schuller used to a sound Bible teacher. I think the fame might have been too much for him

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It is really a tragedy because Schuller used to a sound Bible teacher. I think the fame might have been too much for him

I think he got mixed up among a group of New Agers somehow. California does have a whole lot of the pagan eastern religious centers.

popeye

Jul 12, 2011
Schuller was never a "sound bible teacher ". Indeed, he's the founding father of the megachurch and the current feel-good christianity that is being preached by "ministers" like Joel Osteen and others. Schuller has been lining his personal pockets with gold since the 50's. Problem is: He can't take his gold and glass to hell with him. It melts there....

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Duckybill said:
The doctrine that 'Jesus died spiritually'. It's a popular 'charismatic' blasphemous heresy. It says that Jesus was possessed with the spirit of Satan and had to be born again. And many other sickening things.
Jesus died spiritually? Why do you write that it's a charismatic heresy?

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
2 Cor 6:1
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
KJV
Jesus did not sin, but he was falsely accused, fitting right into God's plan, so that he could enter hell legally for by their wicked ways of judgment they sent him there, and take back the keys to hell and death. God knowing the evil hearts of men, knew that Satan's offspring would accuse Christ a righteous One falsely and have him killed under false pretenses. That is why Jesus did not open his mouth to defend himself... because he was not trying to get out of his death, but complete the work the Father had given him to do, and he willfully accepted on our behalf.
Blessings

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
EXCEPTING SPECIFIC items and churches and personalities, it seems that most here are in agreement that the corporate church, the visible church has allowed its position to be eroded and that it has sacrificed its duty before the throne of heaven for worldly approval

Leaders and communicants who try to correct the situation have been excluded and eviscerated of their resources and credibility with the larger group. The practice of religion has become little more than a kind of anti-bacterial cream that is applied to a guilty conscience or a seal of approval for wickedness. The church and the culture of twenty first century America is drenched in every sort of sin and debauchery.

It does seem to the most casual observer that the culture, the government and the church have sunk so low they are undeserving of reform, unwilling to yield to logic, truth or common sense. Repentance is impossible! Cultural and political collapse of the empire is imminent, so say all the experts. The only question is when, not if.

Some are hoarding gold and food. Others add weapons and ammunition to the cache. I know men who are leaving prosperous businesses and practices for the perceived safety of rural fortifications or simple farms. Every reader here has heard the survivalist stories and many have friends and acquaintances who are actually in the process of it. The church is no longer a sanctuary or a hope. The government is no longer the bulwark of liberty, but has become the source of oppression and tyranny. Each day we stand in fear and anger of some new edict.

"When all Israel saw that the king refused to listen to them, they answered the king: "What share do we have in David, what part in Jesse's son? To your tents, O Israel! Look after your own house, O David!" So the Israelites went home."
- 1 Kings 12:16

When the comfort and hope of Church, Inc. is gone and when the culture we've grown up in betrays us what shall we do? Where do we turn? What promise remans to us?

"For you have died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God."
- Colossians 3:3

What is the meaning of Colossians 3:3? Is this our last best hope?

but it's just me, hollering from the choir loft...