The False Doctrine with key word "COVER"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then start one
Not well enough versed on it. Would call for much study and, I already am in the middle of one right now...but since my interest is peaked, sure I'll probably look into it more :)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your just a tad BIT OFF on your Bible we will sin we will need 1john 1:9 to be honest your just about the same as promoting eternal security. only they teach you are to repent

{jesus gives you His powerful sinless Spirit to change your desires. That is what becoming born again is all about. He makes you partakers of the divine nature. } have you ever got angry have you ever got angry to the point of bad thoughts? have you ever said a word that is not nice out of anger? be ye angry and sin not

1 John 1:9 is the same as Peter's message in Acts of the Apostles 2:38. Repent! What does this accomplish, and does it need to be repeated over and over as so many preach as if accepting Jesus and the gift of the Holy Spirit makes no difference in our lives?

Acts 2:38 Repent and be baptized - ONCE
1 John 1:9 Repent and you are cleansed of ALL unrighteousness - ONCE

Then God supernaturally takes out our old nature of sin, making us dead to sin, and alive to righteousness through Christ. I FELT it happen. If, you never quench the Spirit, you will keep walking in the Spirit and endure to the end. It is quite easy to do. Indeed, the yoke of Jesus is easy and His burden is light.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen sistah!
"2 Timothy 4:
2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers"
Yes, and it is happening right before our eyes, in this Laodicea Church age....do you connect this to the great apostacy?

"Actually, the last four church ages all have begun denominations that will go to the end of time, the second coming."

What an interesting study...the Church ages and, why have I never seen one single thread on this?? Hmm...maybe too confrontational for some. Wish we could just try to understand one another without judgement on here. God will be choosing a remnant of every Church where Christ is center, IMHO. :)

I understand that you truly do rely on your study and the Holy Spirit, as do I. But I do learn from sound teachers as well.
Sry. off topic :oops:. I'm gonna get a warning if I don't stop doing that !!!

"the men on the forum whose testosterone levels like to be mean, and can never "be wrong." :D

My first book was about church history through the letters to the seven churches. It was huge, but I never got it published, but I was still a novice at writing. My second book that you have was tiny by comparison.

Church history parallels the letters. In fact, they couldn't be in any other order and still coincide with church history. I did tons of research and fell in love with writing and study. Let's see what you come up with. Go gettem sistah

Reactions: Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen ! A truly Bible based hymn , thank you !

Hebrews 8:13- By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Hebrews 10:1-5
For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near. 2 Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have had consciousness of sins? 3 But in those sacrifices, there is a reminder of sins year by year. 4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Hebrews 10:11-14
Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. 14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Hebrews 10:15-18
The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”

17 Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.” 18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

Hebrews 9:15-18
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.16 In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, 17 because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. 18 This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood.

Ephesians 2:11-22
Therefore remember that at one time you Gentiles in the flesh, called “the uncircumcision” by what is called the circumcision, which is made in the flesh by hands— 12 remember that you were at that time separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility 15 by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, 16 and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility. 17 And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 22 In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.

Galatians 3:21-26
Is the law then contrary to the promises of God? Certainly not! For if a law had been given that could give life, then righteousness would indeed be by the law. 22 But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.23 Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. 24 So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, 26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.

2 Corinthians 3:2-11
You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3 being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

4 Such confidence we have through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, 6 who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

7 But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation has glory, much more does the ministry of righteousness abound in glory. 10 For indeed what had glory, in this case has no glory because of the glory that surpasses it. 11 For if that which fades away was with glory, much more that which remains is in glory.

Colossians 2:13-14
And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.

Saved by Grace through Faith apart from works of the law.

Ephesians 2:8-10
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

John 6:28-29
28 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”
29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

cc: @charity

Yes, the difference between the two covenants is:

1. The Old Covenant laws were against our nature, and it was a struggle to keep Romans 7:14-25
2. The New Covenant laws are written on our hearts and become part of our nature and are easy to keep.

It is not that we are LawLESS, we in fact establish the law. Romans 3:31

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved through an attitude that is inclined towards obedience and not by the obedience itself

Attention, all of those New to the Faith! Wanna see what Paul termed “ A FALSE, PERVERTED” Gospel?You have just witnessed it.Two Things Save us and two things ONLY—- Christ’s Blood and Our Faith in that Blood......
Having a “Proper Attitude” sure sounds kinda “ Holy” , doesn’t it ? “Repenting Of Sins” sounds good too..... Justbyfaith has “ ACQUIRING “ Salvation ( the reception of a “ free gift” ) with the “RESULTS” of Salvation.....
Get Saved forever with NO CHANCE of Losing that Salvation by simply doing what Jesus, after His Death and Resurrection , “SAID” to do.....Sinning and/or the Lack Of Sinning is not the Issue after the Cross.That is where Christ, “ By ONE Sacrifice” put “ that “ issue to bed for good..... Every Sin ever committed and every sin that ever WILL be committed is now Under The Blood.....even Hitler’s . The reason Hitler is in Hell today is because he did not “ cash in” in regard to that which had been accomplished for him 2000 years ago.....
If you hang your body on a Promise Of God as Jesus LITERALLY hung His Body on the Cross —- You will join Him in Heaven .Here is the Promise you “ hang” your Eternal Fate upon—- that means you Trust in This Promise at the exclusion of EVERTHING else that could “ possibly” save you —- But DOES NOT! NOT your “ Attitude “ .....NOT your Repenting Of Sins.....NOT your Keeping Commandments....NOT by Living out The Sermon on the Mount .....Jesus said that if you Believe that He died for your Sins and also Believed that God raised Him from the Dead —— You WILL be Saved! Add to what Jesus did and you “ Fall from Grace” ( Damnation maybe ) PREACH a different “ gospel” than what Jesus told Paul to Preach and you will be “ Accursed” ( Damned for sure ).....The Promise is Found In 1 COR15:1-4......One either TRUSTS in a Promise Of God ( That is FAITH) , or Proves he does not really Believe that God keeps His Word by Adding to the Pure Gospel Of Grace....
Once a person decides to “ Let Go and Let God”, proving they really DO Believe Him.....He will give you His Spirit and THEN you will “ find yourself” developing a proper “ attitude” .....THEN you will find yourself Repenting Of Sins.....THEN you will find yourself obeying the Commandments Of God as God, through His Holy Spirit does what only HE Can do—— TRANSFORM us from the inside out ! We can “ change ourselves” or “ turn over a New Leaf” or Grit our Teeth in a Foolish attempt to “ make ourselves Worthy” and be “ good” little boys and girls ( ALL Positive things ).....but they are ALL Dead Works and have NOTHING to do with Getting Saved or Staying Saved.....
Change your Attitude...change your Behavior....Polish Up That “ outside of the Cup” until your heart is content .....If the Holy Spirit within you is Transforming you into the Image Of Jesus , you are Saved. If you do not have that Transformation taking place, if you are just sweating things out hoping you will become a more “Moral” person and by doing THAT making yourself “ fit for Heaven” —- you are going to find out the Hard Way that the Hell that you are headed for is Chock-Full Of Moral people.....
God is not looking for a race of “ moral people”, a people with “attitude adjustments”. God is looking for “ DEAD PEOPLE” that KNOW they are Dead— He likes to make them “ Alive”.....That’s what He did for me....If you Lack That Spirit.... ( Given ONLY to those that TRUST HIM and PROVING that TRUST by RESTING in His Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing .....You are “ NONE” of His......Stop TRYING to be Save$ and start TRUSTING to be Saved....
The difference is Heaven or Hell....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953

My statement that you call a "false gospel" is in fact a reconciliation of the apparent contradiction between Paul and James wherein Paul tells us that we are saved apart from works whereas James tells us that "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." (James 2:24).

The reconciliation between this and Romans 4:5-6, Titus 3:5 (kjv), Romans 11:5-6, and Ephesians 2:8-9 is that faith is a principle that apprehends the love of the Lord (see Galatians 3:14, Romans 5:5). And the love of the Lord is practical in nature (1 John 3:17-18); it is even the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within us (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 8:4).

Genuine, living and saving faith is indeed an attitude that carries within it a heart of obedience.

And I do not say to you that you must be obedient in order to be saved.

I say to you that if you are truly born again, the result will be that you will have an obedient lifestyle.

In other words, we are born again through faith in Jesus and what He did for us on the Cross; and such a faith will normally result in obedience.

Because faith apprehends the love of the Lord (Galatians 3:14, Romans 5:5). And if you have love in your heart, obedience is always the result: for love is the fulfilling of the law (Matthew 22:36-40).

Therefore if you do not have an obedient lifestyle, you ought to question as to whether you have a genuine faith (see 2 Corinthians 13:5).

Whereas this man who I have considered to be a friend in the past now denounces my correct handling of scripture as the preaching of a false gospel; while he himself is teaching that you can have a genuine faith and yet live like hell. For that is what he is saying when he states that faith is not an attitude of obedience (for that is what he is stating by saying that my statement to the contrary, that faith is an attitude of obedience, is a false and perverted gospel). And this amounts to what the apostle Jude denounced as being a false gospel...the preaching of grace as a license for immorality (Jude 1:3-4, NIV).

He is slick...he has all the right words...he preaches what is known to be gospel truth by the majority of the church...

But underneath all of what he is saying appears to me to be an excuse for committing sin while claiming to be a Christian...and a teaching that repentance is not the way to go in the Christian faith...when Christ Himself echoed the words of John the Baptist when He said, "Repent; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 4:17).

John the Baptist did not say to "repent towards God" (only)....he preached repentance away from sin...which is the only way to repent towards God.

The axe is laid to the root of the trees...mark my words....there are those who are taking a sound understanding of what the Bible teaches and twisting it so that they can live a lifestyle of sin while thinking they are still saved.

I will again post the scripture that supports my point of view...

Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 33:12, Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

Allow me to remind everyone that all scripture is inspired of the Lord and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).

So, whatever you are reading in Galatians, it is not going to contradict what we find in the above scripture.

Last edited:
Reactions: CharismaticLady

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved through an attitude that is inclined towards obedience and not by the obedience itself.

Attention, all of those New to the Faith! Wanna see what Paul termed “ A FALSE, PERVERTED” Gospel?You have just witnessed it.Two Things Save us and two things ONLY—- Christ’s Blood and Our Faith in that Blood......

Once a person decides to “ Let Go and Let God”, proving they really DO Believe Him.....He will give you His Spirit and THEN you will “ find yourself” developing a proper “ attitude” .....THEN you will find yourself Repenting Of Sins.....THEN you will find yourself obeying the Commandments Of God as God, through His Holy Spirit does what only HE Can do—— TRANSFORM us from the inside out !

Apparently you do not realize that in the above statements, you yourself are preaching what you identify as "A FALSE, PERVERTED" Gospel. As it is exactly what I was preaching by my statement.

I have to admit that I am a little bit hurt by your post; because I have considered you to be a friend.

And since I have recently read in my devotional time Colossians 3:13, I forgive you.

To @Blood Bought 1953.

Last edited:
Reactions: CharismaticLady

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dont make excuse for you failures . Get up and do something about it

Who is “ making excuses?” I freely admit that I am the “ True Chief of Sinners” ( step aside, Paul, there’s a New Kid in Town!)
I sin because there is a part of me that loves to sin and at times I foolishly give in to that Old Nature and guess what happens? Because I am a Child Of God , I get what God Promised for me when I get out of line ....He “ Chastises” me .Every Time. Because He loves me !
It’s just like we do with OUR Children here in this life. If I live next to a highway and I have warned my Children to stay in the yard , lest they get hit by a truck coming down the road,what would ANY Loving Father do if he caught his child disobeying him and leaving the safety of the yard to go play stick- ball in the Highway? If I Love my Child I will blister His or her rear-end —- FOR THEIR OWN GOOD!
I give into temptation as we ALL do at times.....God chastises me....the next time temptation comes calling , Perhaps I will not give in so easily ...It don’t take a genius to figure this out......God has granted us the Freedom to do whatever we “ want” to do.....that is “N O T” to say we can do whatever we “want” to do and “ GET AWAY WITH IT ! “ Quite then Contrary. If you are Sinning and NOt being Chastised for it, you are “ none His Child” —- you are a “ Bastard”.
Here’s the Deal for Christians —- if you Rest In Paul’s Gospel Of Grace, Given to Him by Jesus.....ALL of your Sins are on the Cross ....past , present and future.When you sin, do the same thing with it that God does with it,—- put it on the Cross and forget about it! You did NOT lose your Salvation because Of your sin —- Jesus Promised That ALL that come to Him “ already HAVE Eternal Life and shall NEVER come under Condemnation”. If you want to sin— go for it! God gave you the Freedom to be a Disobedient Fool—— but ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS—- God will NOT be Mocked......if you are Truly His Saved Child, you are going to be punished when you disobey your Father , and it ain't because God gets His “ jollies” beating up on those of His that are nothing but weak flesh in a constant battle against almost impossible adversaries —- the World...The Flesh .....and the Devil.....
Learn from God’s Training Plan, put into effect for “ Our Own Good” ......or be a REAL FOOL and let God strike you dead in your tracks and call you home many years prematurely , with NO rewards in Eternity other than escaping Hell .... “like a man escaping a fire “ by the skin of his teeth.....
As far as “ doing something about it ?” Here is what you DON’T DO! Start preaching the Law in the wrong-headed delusion that if we just start preaching more sternly in regard to it that we will eventually become less prone to sin...The Law was given so that Sin would INCREASE .....and “ increase” it WILL if you Preach Law instead of Grace..... When you Sin , put it on the Cross, forget about it, if God decides to punish you—- shut up about it and take your due like a man ( you Know you have it coming! ) and thank God for His Amazing Grace and the Shed Blood Of His Son That kept you from receiving the Eternal Damnation that you deserve!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you Rest In Paul’s Gospel Of Grace, Given to Him by Jesus.....ALL of your Sins are on the Cross ....past , present and future.

While that may be true...Jesus came to save us from our sins (Matthew 1:21) and those who are born of God "do not" and "cannot' commit sin (1 John 3:9); and those who abide in Him "sin not" (1 John 3:6) for ever (1 john 2:17).

So there ought not to be any sins in your present and/or in your future if you are truly born again of the Holy Spirit.

Of course, if there are any, we have an Advocate with the Father...

Nevertheless I would say that Ezekiel 33:11-20 shows a strict understanding of how we need to live as concerning sins in our lives.

If you want to sin— go for it!

:rolleyes:

.The Law was given so that Sin would INCREASE .....and “ increase” it WILL if you Preach Law instead of Grace.....

The law is given as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ (Galatians 3:24); it shows mankind that he is a sinner in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20, Matthew 1:21)...it has the power to convert the soul (Psalms 19:7 (kjv)).

Of course it cannot impart life in and of itself (Galatians 3:21)...but it can be used as an instrument by which people can be saved...

And therefore I do not advocate ceasing from preaching the law in our churches. It has its place in the preaching of any good minister of the gospel.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only option when we repent and are set free from sin is that we become slaves of righteousness (Romans 6:18)...

Of course Paul is speaking in human terms because of the infirmity of your flesh (Romans 6:19).

The reality is that if you are in Christ, you are no longer a slave but a son (Galatians 4:5-7).

A slave does not abide in the house for ever, but a son abides for ever (John 8:35).

Therefore if the Son shall set you free, you shall be free indeed (John 8:36).

If anyone commits sin, he is a slave of sin (John 8:34).

But if I am set free from sin, I am like a slave of righteousness in that I cannot continue to live a lifestyle of sinning (1 John 3:9).

But in all reality I am a son of righteousness, in that my motivation for obedience has more to do with family honour than coercion by a Master.

I also have a new nature as a son; whereas if I were only a slave, I would be seeking to obey with rigour and out of obligation; while because I am a son, I obey because it is in my new nature to obey; since I am born of God (1 John 3:9).

But for the one who may think he has redemption through the blood of Christ and yet is living a life that is not in slavery to righteousness, I would say:

You need to become as a slave of righteousness or you will never understand what it means to be a son of righteousness.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In Romans 3:19, it is clear that Paul is saying that those whom Paul was speaking of in Romans 3:10-18 are those who are under the law.

Therefore, if Romans 3:10-18 applies to the Gentile as well as the Jew, it should be evident that Gentiles also, are under the law.

For they will be accounted as guilty before the Lord because of the law (Romans 3:19-20).

Because sin is defined by the law (Romans 3:20, 1 John 3:4).
'Now we know that what things soever the law saith,
it saith to them who are under the law: ...'

(Roman 3:19a)

Hello @justbyfaith,

That is not what Romans 3:19 says.

Both Jew and Gentile are proved to be equally guilty before God, by the argument Paul has made in the previous chapters. So that he can justifiably say that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God in Romans 3:23, but only the nation of Israel had been given the law, so only they can be said to have been 'under' it. (see Romans 2:14-15)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:9 is the same as Peter's message in Acts of the Apostles 2:38. Repent! What does this accomplish, and does it need to be repeated over and over as so many preach as if accepting Jesus and the gift of the Holy Spirit makes no difference in our lives?

Acts 2:38 Repent and be baptized - ONCE
1 John 1:9 Repent and you are cleansed of ALL unrighteousness - ONCE

Then God supernaturally takes out our old nature of sin, making us dead to sin, and alive to righteousness through Christ. I FELT it happen. If, you never quench the Spirit, you will keep walking in the Spirit and endure to the end. It is quite easy to do. Indeed, the yoke of Jesus is easy and His burden is light.

Why does God “ Chastise” His Children If your Hog Wash is correct ? God can and will “ Correct “ His True Sons and Daughters to the point of Death if He deems it Necessary.....This throws water on your delusional , some would say “ Demonic” Doctrine Of Sinless Perfection ....it has been said that the Bible is a VERY DANGEROUS Book if you don’t understand it, and YOU are Living Proof Of That—- as I have said....put your Spouse on here- “They” will reveal how “ perfect” you are.....Paul never reached that stage and admitted it.....yet “ you” do......you are fooling nobody .....” especially, not God...

Reactions: HisLife

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My first book was about church history through the letters to the seven churches. It was huge, but I never got it published, but I was still a novice at writing. My second book that you have was tiny by comparison.

Church history parallels the letters. In fact, they couldn't be in any other order and still coincide with church history. I did tons of research and fell in love with writing and study. Let's see what you come up with. Go gettem sistah

Lol...I WILL. Doing Hebrews now and pretty much finished yet, does not really give much about the "unknown" author...probably Paul. It sure seems an interesting study for sure. And, no problem knowing who the Author is with those letters!! :eek::D

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Depart from Me," would not be an invitation to go to heaven

Paul wrote about those “ with a Zeal for the things of God, but without Knowledge”. They reLied on establishing their “ OWN” Righteous to be Saved, which was not and is not God’s Way.God’s Way is to turn to Him as a Lost Sinner , Trusting in “ JESUS RIGHTEOUSNESS” for Salvation and not our own.
Paul KNEW most of his Jewish Brothers were Lost , because they refused to be Saved God’s Way ....he even said he would be willing to be Damned in their places—- Proving That “SELF Righteousness “ would send you to Hell.....These are for Certain those religionists, instead of Christians , who will be hearing, “Depart from Me— I Never knew you”......
Its the Oldest lesson in the Bible.On Judgement Day, If you elect to stand before God with the attitude of “ look what “ I” did” ( like Cain) as opposed to saying , “Look what “ HE” did “ FOR” me by His Shed Blood and my FAITH in that Shed Blood , you are going to be in for a very miserable day....

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the spelling that you are looking for is "piqued"
BTW
"The traditional idiom is to pique one's interest, with pique meaning “to provoke or arouse.” Like perk, however, peaked can also make sense in context. Peak means “to bring to a maximum value or intensity,” and this is certainly what one might mean when saying, “my interest was peaked.”

So then, we're both correct... :)

Reactions: justbyfaith

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul wrote about those “ with a Zeal for the things of God, but without Knowledge”. They reLied on establishing their “ OWN” Righteous to be Saved, which was not and is not God’s Way.God’s Way is to turn to Him as a Lost Sinner , Trusting in “ JESUS RIGHTEOUSNESS” for Salvation and not our own.
Paul KNEW most of his Jewish Brothers were Lost , because they refused to be Saved God’s Way ....he even said he would be willing to be Damned in their places—- Proving That “SELF Righteousness “ would send you to Hell.....These are for Certain those religionists, instead of Christians , who will be hearing, “Depart from Me— I Never knew you”......
Its the Oldest lesson in the Bible.On Judgement Day, If you elect to stand before God with the attitude of “ look what “ I” did” ( like Cain) as opposed to saying , “Look what “ HE” did “ FOR” me by His Shed Blood and my FAITH in that Shed Blood , you are going to be in for a very miserable day....
Amen Salvation is of, by and through the Lord. He is the Savior, Redeemer, Advocate, Mediator on our behalf. Its His Eternal Sacrifice for our sins that saves us. Its His Indwelling Spirit(Christ in you) given to us that is our Hope of Glory, our deposit/ down payment, guarantee of our inheritance. One who is Born Again never becomes unborn and Eternal Life never ends as some falsely teach. Scripture says we can KNOW we have Eternal Life and those who have that life are never condemned according to Jesus in John 3. They have passed our of death into life. We are His sheep whom He gives Eternal Life and no one can snatch one of them out from His hands. Paul says in Romans 8 that NOTHING can separate us from Christ.

We are Eternally secure in Christ. His promises are everlasting. Forever oh Lord your word is settled in heaven. Gods promises are true and we can bank on His word.

ho[e this helps !!!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...I WILL. Doing Hebrews now and pretty much finished yet, does not really give much about the "unknown" author...probably Paul. It sure seems an interesting study for sure. And, no problem knowing who the Author is with those letters!! :eek::D

I think the author of Hebrews was Barnabas. ;)